• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Charles are you doing a sleepover for your event on friday or isit just a smashfest?
And where are the out of Londoners going cos if they are going TC the I might prefer playing them to play someone new and plus they are closer lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Make sure everyone tells me who they are at this event if you know I know you from smashboards and I will do the same if I see you. I will have my hair tied black and I am black and extremely attractive and short and will nearly always be playing with the 'PROF' tag on my name so if you see me on a melee TV with the tag say hi lol.

Can I have a reminder of all the people that wanna MM me please and any new MM's request. Remember I can play from lil to big amounts of money like 20p to £5-10 lol.
And I also will reduce my stock in MM's if you wish.

Bullet Bill in our MM can I have 1 stock or 2 when I play you to see if I can win like that lol?
I would prefer one stock though for £1?
you know what, forget the mm. Not interested anymore

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol WHYYYY THOUGH.
1 stock would be fun and you know it would be fun.
You might win if I have one stock anyway so why you getting frustrated:)?
Don't get stressed, just accept it and **** me:).

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Why doesnt Charles just make these threads stickys? EM, NW and London Monthlies, srsly it would be alot easier for us all.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
So trio u really ready 2 walk down the long road that is te melee link? I do warn u it does take alot of effort but once u learn it it feels so good when u **** =]. Btw I would start by getting good witout AT then move onto them n make sure u hve hve a gd defencive/spamming game.

4 those of u takin notes on how I might play at the tournament my link is completely random at times so I'm not giving away any of my secrets =] lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
So trio u really ready 2 walk down the long road that is te melee link? I do warn u it does take alot of effort but once u learn it it feels so good when u **** =]. Btw I would start by getting good witout AT then move onto them n make sure u hve hve a gd defencive/spamming game.

4 those of u takin notes on how I might play at the tournament my link is completely random at times so I'm not giving away any of my secrets =] lol
I just got a picture in my head of you playing a smash match with someone and a bunch of people stood up watching you with notepads and pencils paying close attention and making notes :laugh:

auroreon

Smash Ace
Why doesnt Charles just make these threads stickys? EM, NW and London Monthlies, srsly it would be alot easier for us all.
So many characters boards and stuff end up cluttering up their board with loads of stickys. Thats why only the threads that really do need to be read by everyone who visits the board are stickied.
While your idea would cause a bit too much clutter, I think making an index thread for all the regular fests and ranbats would be a good idea.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace

i wants my rematch from the 1st ranbat seeing as you wernt at the last one cant wait to see the ****** link again

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I might be going to TC smashfest on friday instead of going to Fuzzyness on friday.
Even though Fuzzyness would be good practice for me before the ranbat I would rather play the new people cos it's different and more fun and plus I can give them practice before the ranbat lol.

Bullet Bill - Hopefully you are able to go to TC house on friday, I don't suggest you arriving in London on saturday as you could be late so make sure you arrange that with him.

It will be good to play the others like Yeniths and Blinky before the event iswell and see the brawlers trio3 and Calzors. Pay attention that I said 'see' and not 'play' lol.

Outside of London

Blinky
Bullet Bill
Yeniths
Calzors
Trio3
L-J
...that's all I can remember, but I know there is more, whoelse from outside of London is coming?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I might be going to TC smashfest on friday instead of going to Fuzzyness on friday.
Even though Fuzzyness would be good practice for me before the ranbat I would rather play the new people cos it's different and more fun and plus I can give them practice before the ranbat lol.

Bullet Bill - Hopefully you are able to go to TC house on friday, I don't suggest you arriving in London on saturday as you could be late so make sure you arrange that with him.

It will be good to play the others like Yeniths and Blinky before the event iswell and see the brawlers trio3 and Calzors. Pay attention that I said 'see' and not 'play' lol.

Outside of London

Blinky
Bullet Bill
Yeniths
Calzors
Trio3
L-J
...that's all I can remember, but I know there is more, whoelse from outside of London is coming?
:laugh: why would I not play brawl against the rly good brawl players that are coming? I might play it just to annoy you though :laugh:

I think I might go to TC's after all (if I'm allowed) as to make sure I'm on time on the Saturday I'd have to leave loads of time just in case which would prob mean waiting around the venue. It might cost a bit more but it'll prob be worth it.

TC- MSN don't forget

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I didn't mean you not playing brawl I meant me not playing brawl lol.
I think it would be best for you to come down on the friday to assure you getting there on time and getting the practice before the event.

HOPEFULLY you do go. Ring him again and see what his awnser is.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Prof to win Melee and Calzorz or Kira to win Brawl this Saturday. I will now leave this thread FOREVER!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Why wold you leaveit for though lol?
Any recording at this event or isit just the same old cameras?
If cameras then make sure you get a good seat for recording the video and just tell us you are beore the match so we can position you.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Why wold you leaveit for though lol?
Any recording at this event or isit just the same old cameras?
If cameras then make sure you get a good seat for recording the video and just tell us you are beore the match so we can position you.
agreed, the last one was from a long way away :laugh:

methinks willz is being random again XD

gm jack

Smash Lord

Outside of London

Blinky
Bullet Bill
Yeniths
Calzors
Trio3
L-J
I should be coming from outside London.

I'm not expecting to do well, but I suspect trying to get some advice from some of the more experienced players will help me to no end in getting better.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I should be coming from outside London.

I'm not expecting to do well, but I suspect trying to get some advice from some of the more experienced players will help me to no end in getting better.
yeah there will definately be stuff to pick up. Just from playing all the different players there will help you get better.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
prof you can't come I got too many people sleeping over and my mum will get annoyed lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
prof you can't come I got too many people sleeping over and my mum will get annoyed lol
:( I don't wanna sleep round like them lot I only wanted to come round a play them lot:(.
Unless they are getting round late then there isn't much point of me coming round and then I might iswell go Fuzzyness.

Craiigg - looool.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
:( I don't wanna sleep round like them lot I only wanted to come round a play them lot:(.
Unless they are getting round late then there isn't much point of me coming round and then I might iswell go Fuzzyness.

Craiigg - looool.
oh, well if you only want to come over for a bit then i can ask for you. but she definitely only wants 4 people to sleep over.

they are coming late but they are coming 2 days before so it doesnt matter as you can still play them the day before.

L-J

Smash Ace
loool, if anyone sees L-J can you ask him if he knows any smashers going to the same uni as him?

Erm, what about YOU!?! Lol, nah I know what ur getting at but unfortunately I barely know any smashers in Bristol full stop, yet alone ones going to Cambridge. Looks like it'll just be u and me unless we somehow get lucky :ohwell:

Looking forward to this - i'm bringing along some of my friends who don't play smash competitively or anything, but they're so bored atm they wanna come along for the ride hahaha. Also I FINALLY got that stupid recording equipment for PAL-60 working so hopefully i'll be able to record some stuff at this - the quality is ok (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHFtWH7jKU), but if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of those lines across the picture then please do tell.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Erm, what about YOU!?! Lol, nah I know what ur getting at but unfortunately I barely know any smashers in Bristol full stop, yet alone ones going to Cambridge. Looks like it'll just be u and me unless we somehow get lucky :ohwell:

Looking forward to this - i'm bringing along some of my friends who don't play smash competitively or anything, but they're so bored atm they wanna come along for the ride hahaha. Also I FINALLY got that stupid recording equipment for PAL-60 working so hopefully i'll be able to record some stuff at this - the quality is ok (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHFtWH7jKU), but if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of those lines across the picture then please do tell.
When we record, we had those lines on our raw vids too, but I found using the 2:1 reduction filter (hq) on virtualdubmod worked quite well. Though the overall quality decreases somewhat, I prefer it to the lines, and it helps reduce the file size drastically, which is helpful when you want to upload a lot of vids.

L-J

Smash Ace
When we record, we had those lines on our raw vids too, but I found using the 2:1 reduction filter (hq) on virtualdubmod worked quite well. Though the overall quality decreases somewhat, I prefer it to the lines, and it helps reduce the file size drastically, which is helpful when you want to upload a lot of vids.
Thankyou SO much - that works a treat :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
btw when the bus turns left from barkingside it's 3 stops (including the one just before the roundabout)
2 stops after the roundabout, outside kelvedin lodge (and the costcutters shop)

at RoS they used virtualdub and xvid quality, which was mint

Top Bottom