• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Prof Says:
Charles what can I say. I am black so I have to work out how much money I can potentially profit from this lol, it's a black person mentallity lol.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
is that the pot if u win 1 event
First place will only be aroung £35-40 assuming that 30-35 people enter.

Fuzzyness could always coerce brawlers to play melee and vice versa by increasing the entry fee for those who only want to play 1 game, so like £8 + £2 for 1 game or £3 + £2 + £2 for two games.
This would increase the pots for both games by loadssss, but it might just be a turn off for people who don't like big numbers with £ signs in front of them.

Someone tell me if it's a bad idea or not, the £2 more you're paying for the other game will benefit you just as much as it benefits the other game plus no one is being 'forced' to pay it.

This is all part of my grand master plan to get professor pro to enter brawl, <3 prof.

Edit : Or scratch that completely and make it £3 venue and £4 entry, then split the total entry fee 50/50 for both games (ahem even though brawl will have more people like before). This is so people don't feel that they HAVE to play the game they don't like. So like yah, my idea is a very good idea.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
This is all part of my grand master plan to get professor pro to enter brawl, <3 prof.
I bet you any money that if pro does play brawl, he will stop playing in the middle of the game, stands up and walks out from the venue. And that will be the last time that we will ever see pro again :( lool

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
nah mako im gonna leave it £2 each tourney, £3 venue cause its monthly and people are poor

I have a feeling there's going to be 70-80 people at this @_@

can someone advertise this on all is brawl for me? or whatever site..gamefaqs

auroreon

Smash Ace
I say:

Why the **** is there a pot
After the pot, why the **** is it winner takes all

@Charles: you think theres gonna be 70-80? LOLLERS
Pot is fun, makes people more determined to win and increases the level of competition.
I think winner takes all is dumb too... its discouraging as Im sure most people have accepted that they simply cannot come 1st... but not having 'winner takes all' provides an incentive to try and achieve well as people know they don't have to win to get a share of the pot.

From all the people that came last time and from the amount of people saying that they are not only going but bringing people with them, I think at least 70-80 people is likely. Me and Ixis will likely be bringing about 3 or 4 other people and I know most of EM and NW are coming and some more people are bringing others.

And Fuzzy, I think someone already put it up on AIB.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Only Cal and Yen (and maybe me) from EM are going and Trio and Blinky from NW I believe Aura. Wouldn't say that's most haha.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
This really should not be winner takes all . 60/30/10... or 70/20/10 at least.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MAKE ANY MORE DUMB DECISIONS FUZZYNESS, THE PEOPLE ARE SPEAKING.

And I agree with Loli about 80 people coming lmao

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can you guys stfu and stop assuming its winner takes all, i never said anything and i wasn't trying to make a perfect calculation which i said already jeez. STFU so annoying

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
nah mako im gonna leave it £2 each tourney, £3 venue cause its monthly and people are poor

I have a feeling there's going to be 70-80 people at this @_@

can someone advertise this on all is brawl for me? or whatever site..gamefaqs
already on aib dont worry about that ;)

but after the tourney can i have a copy of the tio file please!!!!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Google Inc. is an American public corporation, earning revenue from advertising related to its Internet search, e-mail, online mapping, office productivity, social networking, and video sharing services as well as selling advertising-free versions of the same technologies. The Google headquarters, the Googleplex, is located in Mountain View, California. As of March 31, 2009 (2009 -03-31)[update], the company has 20,164 full-time employees

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Thats cos AIB is full of wi-fi noobs who don't go to IRL tourneys.
You might not know this but Calzorz and Trio both knew me from AiB and joined the community because I asked them to come to fests and now are two of the best players in the UK? :laugh:

Shadow Tactics & Blaze are also from AiB, and Boxingking, PTR, Jmiller and some others are also keen to join the community soon?

auroreon

Smash Ace
You might not know this but Calzorz and Trio both knew me from AiB and joined the community because I asked them to come to fests and now are two of the best players in the UK? :laugh:

Shadow Tactics & Blaze are also from AiB, and Boxingking, PTR, Jmiller and some others are also keen to join the community soon?
XD
Yea I know, I was just taking the piss. I go on AIB lol, just hate wifi.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Charles did you honestly just suggest to advertise this on gfaqs? lmfao

already on aib dont worry about that ;)

but after the tourney can i have a copy of the tio file please!!!!
lol yeah I dont see any results on AiB, imo more would go if there were a stream of results.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Charles did you honestly just suggest to advertise this on gfaqs? lmfao

lol yeah I dont see any results on AiB, imo more would go if there were a stream of results.
There were no results last time seeing as they weren't valid because the brackets were best out of 1, like the one at yours.

Blazin!

Smash Apprentice
me and shadow may not be able to attend this time, if not deffently in july, but I really wanna go this time <_<...

i may still come though but it's unlikely for the true uk no.1 player

i mean shadow

cong

Smash Journeyman
**** man, Is there any chance that you and shadow can make it?

Shadow is insane... He would place well for sure

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
we should have a crew battle money match, winner gets the money and losers must change their name to whatever the winners tell them to

Blazin!

Smash Apprentice
if me and shadow come we'll jump in the fun

me shadow ptr and boxingking

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Some of the things said here are quite funny, it takes more than saying you're the best to actually be the best. Also Blazin, I will say that you have yet to prove yourself, that goes for shadow too. Winning in pools at a regional really doesn't count for anything.

Anyway, back on topic, I should be coming with trio3, yeniths and calzorz, I still don't want to guarentee my arrival, but I'll have paid for the ticket, so chances are I'll be coming.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
[*]Venue opens : 1:30pm
[*]Signups Start: 1:30pm
[*]Signups End: 2:30pm

COME ON TIME

Seriously try get outside the venue at 1pm, if you don't get here on time I'm not letting you enter the venue unless you have a really good reason. Therefore no event for you and no tournament. People came late last time and it ruined everything

ALSO WHOEVER CAN BRING SETUPS BRING SETUPS

auroreon

Smash Ace
We'll be bringing 2 setups again.
Fuzzy, we are probably going to get there at about 12:30... so if we get there then will we have to wait outside?
Last time was ****ing dumb with best of 1 cos everyone showed up late and didn't bring setups...

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
can you guys stfu and stop assuming its winner takes all, i never said anything and i wasn't trying to make a perfect calculation which i said already jeez. STFU so annoying
Prof Says:
I am prob gonna win this event and win everyone of my MM's. And **** Ben HARDDDD which he won't be able to avoid lol.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Prof Says:
Charles, you are such a meany. Leanr some manners, just cos you organize don't throw away your manners.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Prof Says:
How many outside of London people are coming, it would be good for someone to make a list just so we know how much people outside of London we are attracting. I'm really happy that alot of people are travelling to this event and hopefully you all enjoy the even and feel welcome in London. London is scamville so please buy everyfin outside of it lol.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Aura says:
Nice tripple post, ur too pro at forums. No wonder they call you Professor Pro.
Yea, London is a rip-off... as you enter london you can actually feel the cost of living increase. Its a tingly feeling.

Top Bottom