• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

The_Rake

Smash Lord
sadly this time melee wont have the epicness of MTR punching the air whenever he does a ganon punch. The Rake is just too good with his PS1 controll mindgames and pokefloat cp :p

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
anyone know which good software to use to record matches which can compress a file to a decent amount, i cant get amcap to compress the videos any more and they are still way to big!!! any ideas??

rustediron

Smash Lord
virtualdub? Download some codecs (recommend the ffdshow codec package) and play around with it. I also recommend reducing the resolution by a factor of 2 if you're recording in 480i, as all the even numbered lines of pixels will be filled with blank pixels for all the even numbered frames, and all the odd numbered lines will be filled blank pixels for all the odd numbered pixels.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
I should be coming to this. I'm living in London now.
Speaking of, does anyone live around bayswater area?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
My last exam is on the 28th.. but it's only a Biology retake lol so I might come to the Brawl one =]

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yea but you guys will have to get somewhere close to birmingham. Its just too much out the way for me to drive up north to get you guys, it'll at least double the journey but yea, if you guys can make it around here that'll be cool. Ill see if i can house you too to make it easier.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I will come to the Melee tournament on the 5th, not the Brawl one unfortunately.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I don't think we can get anywhere near birmingham without it costing a bomb, rake.

:<

£50 return to birmingham via train? WTF.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what me, calz and anakin normally do.

costs us like £20 to get to london (£10 train to sheffield, £10 bus to london) =/

and with this prospective home movement of mine I really can't afford to spend £50-ish to get to birmingham T-T as sucky as that is.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what me, calz and anakin normally do.

costs us like £20 to get to london (£10 train to sheffield, £10 bus to london) =/

and with this prospective home movement of mine I really can't afford to spend £50-ish to get to birmingham T-T as sucky as that is.
just look into whatever way you can get here, maybe bus or somethin i dunno, i just dont wanna have to do the drive on my tod :/

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah if it's meant to be a competition for best tech skill, I think deathgazer won it, badly edited or not. -.-

Tamoo

Smash Master
i think he's referring to the amount of support he's getting rather than the upload a techskill vid aspect of the competition. When lovage backs ur vid you know you're pretty good

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i think he's referring to the amount of support he's getting rather than the upload a techskill vid aspect of the competition. When lovage backs ur vid you know you're pretty good
lol I knew what he was referring to.
I just wanted to be precise :)

if you'd have entered this, you would have won it :(
lol yeah I know I would have done something creative and good.
But as I said to you when I was speaking to you on msn, I don't have recording equipment and there's no way in hell im travelling up to Charles house to record a tech video.

VA

Smash Hero
Charles got 3rd. He was 2-0 vs Dieslow in LF's and lost 3-2. That's HOW it feels Charles haha.

Also to give an idea, dieslow does pretty well against zhu in falco dittos. Zhu has beaten M2k...Iori logic Fuzzy > M2k!

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
whats the voting criteria? if its not whoever has the most technically demanding video should win then thats pretty dumb. deathgazers was the most technically demanding by a large margin. people just vote for whoever chose a 'different' character or whoever had the coolest editing lol. thats one of the reasons i didnt bother to enter.
even silent wolf approves :)

Top Bottom