• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Did someone here mention oversized post count?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What exactly did you do get a post count like that lol....I just spammed and started trouble lol.
I honestly have no clue.

The scary part is that I post most in rooms with no post count...

Yeah, I think I just post in a lot of places is the reason.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
can u do another national at the end of june? (every1 breaks up from college school around then) and would be nice to have a 2 day event to start of the holidays + it wil have like 2 months advance

The_Rake

Smash Lord
yea if it was last weekend of june then i can make it and obv bring the leicestr guys (apart from willz because his mom doesnt trust anyone with her heamophiliac baby lol)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
the two day national was sick last time, i actually got to play games i have never played before e.g. smash 64 , project m, brawl -. heck i was even close to playing fifa lol xD

this needs to happen again.

p.s whoever brought there ps2 to the national last time was to goodz, bring it again if this works out xD

fu_gu_

Smash Rookie
Last weekend of June would be sweeeet. If it were to go ahead would there be a doubles tournament? I'm sure there would be a load of us to come up from Yeovil :)

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Imo i dont care whether its a national or not, i just think it'd be sick if you can host for 2 days again, i dont even care about a tourney tbh, as long as every1s there and theres friendlies n shiz going on its cool, srsly a 2 day event is much better than just 1 day, if ppl dont wanna come for 2 days they can just come day 1 or day 2 or w/e.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Charles that's still a pathetic excuse... they have over a months notice to put aside at maximum 15 pounds for travel.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i think gt2 was spot on, that being pools at the end of the day (could have been WAY earlier, perhaps gt2 was not spot on...), and singles brackets the next day. brackets the next day was awesome, same amount of cubes just less players, and typically better players at that.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
yes 2 days was awsome, the 2nd day was a lot more chilled but still had all the hype even though we wernt thinking of going to it at all because we were all knocked out im glad we did cos it was cool. ive not been to a single day london monthly yet but i cant see it being better tbh

j3ly

Smash Champion
we have very different goals, i achieved my original goal of ****** hype and pms now i want it as an investment for the future so to speak. That and playing smash is making my adhd alot more manageable

fu_gu_

Smash Rookie
What about making it into a kinda festival... and here me out before you judge! Like obviously the main attraction is smash, but I think we could get a better culture if we appealed to a wider range of players (lots of people excuses from what I can gather are that they CBA to attend cause they think they cannot win/no fun playing against actually good players) find a venue that would allow for accommodation as well, get someone like CEX to sponsor so that they could perhaps bring along loads of oldschool Ninty wares and other archaic consoles. Some sort of musical attraction as well - and a screening of some awesome anime to boot? Then have enough equipment to satisfy pro. players and amateurs that wana play hyrule castle 'battle royale' mode (srsly its a lol).

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im hosting tomorrow, people can come if they want

j3ly, frostbyte, edwin and chrisboi are

also this is now going to be bi-weeklies, read the first post

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
wth ?! what has changed since the last tournament i attended, how is it than you can now magically complete a singles AND doubles brawl tournament in 1 day ?!!?

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
wth ?! what has changed since the last tournament i attended, how is it than you can now magically complete a singles AND doubles brawl tournament in 1 day ?!!?
good question.l the answer is nothing, nothing has changed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
no idea, but seeing as there will hopefulyl be more setups, it will be a little faster
gogo late june, i hope to god im not away that weekend

Top Bottom