• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Podcasts! Ask S2J QUESTIONS!!!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Because of your technical abilities with Ice Climbers, are you also highly technical when/if you use Falco, Fox, Peach, Yoshi, etc?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
As one of the best ice climber mains in the world, do you think there still room to enhance yourself, or do you feel as if you are blocked by a wall in competitive melee as ice climbers?

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Hello Fly Amanita. You have one of the most unorthodox styles among top-level players. What aspects, technical or mental, of play most impress you when you're watching your peers? If you could give some advice that would instantly become part of the metagame, what would it be? (that is, is there something that high level pros aren't noticing that you've seen?)

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
When you're using climbers, sometimes when people know the matchup. They know how climbers like to approach and position themselves to punish everything you can use. What do you do?

DJRome

Smash Hero
what is the order of technical learning with ics? say im already competent with spacies or whatever high tier. how would i approach learning ics?

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Fly, what is your best match up and why? What is your worst match up and why?

What stage do you feel most comfertable with and why?

Who is your favorite smasher old and new and why?

How long have you been playing smash on a competetive level?

What or who got you into smash?

How long do you think you will keep playing smash?

forward

Smash Champion
I personally believe that your style is developing into its own and that you are not just a weak Chu/Wobbles clone. However, being that I am not familiar with the IC metagame, what would you say it is that seperates your play style from the other 2?

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Alright I have 2.7 questions for you Mr. Amanita.

1) How many hours have you put into SSBM, roughly. How many of those hours were you playing by yourself?

2) Do you think that some people might do better at Melee because of innate abilities and/or skills? Or do you think that everybody is on an even playing field from the first day they start playing?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Since there are so few IC mains, how much would you say an individual playstyle affects playing with Ice Climbers? Is there room for a lot of new development in the character meta?

Also I know this is a question asked before but how difficult is it to get technically comfortable with ice climbers and fully their great wd and grab games?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ok, legitimate question

As an Ice Climbers main how do you deal with the huge disadvantage of being counterpicked to stages like Brinstar or Rainbow Cruise?

This is something I actually know already but I figure it's a good thing to explain to other players.

strawhats

Smash Master
dont know if this question has been asked yet, but do you think ICs can ever win an International/National tournament. Ever since Chu did it, there have been fewer and fewer ICs playing at the highest level.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
What do you feel separates you from Chu and Wobbles as far as being a great IC is concerned instead of just being an afterthought of the two? How does your style differ?

What areas do you feel like you can improve in or are you not yet aware of where you can improve?

Signia

Smash Lord
Do you think you will ever become the king of smash? How do you plan on consistently taking down the top of the top players? It seems impossible -.-

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
So yeah, at the last minute Fly decided to op out of the interview and I had to get Zhu to do it instead.

Unfortunately, we couldn't use your questions since they were directed at Fly and I had to go around and ask people at the venue for questions.

However, I would say it turned out pretty **** and I encourage everyone to watch it when I upload it (which will be after I upload the tournament matches). And that's not just my zhu fan-boyism or the fact I main Falco. Promise. ;D

AXE 09

Smash Master
dang, I was really looking forward to hearing what Fly had to say....

But as a Falco player, and Zhu being one of my favorite melee players, I'm very excited to see what he has to say about everything =D

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Ah. Great interview. Doing these podcasts was a great idea. Who's next?

AXE 09

Smash Master
Omg... Hearing everything about what Zhu has to say is really opening my eyes to a lot of things. I'm so glad you interviewed him. Not taking anything away from Fly, he rocks too lol. I'm just learning a lot from this interview; it's amazing.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
would jeff really be willing to talk? he hardly even talks in the commentary when waffles and phil try to get him to =( if he did would im guessing it would be very short answers. good **** if u can get him to do it though stab

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
wow zhu sounds freakin cool as hell. i wish i could hang out with him. He's got the same views on smash as i do.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I always thought Zhu was sort of just "Meh" before I heard this. I know there's no logical reason, but I have way more respect for him now. This whole podcast thing is a great idea, I kinda feel like it gives more depth to the great smashers we all know and love. Keep 'em coming. And maybe try and get a quiet room. Like the bathroom or something.

Top Bottom