• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Names

Pi

Smash Hero
UlyssesTheTrojan said:
I was just wondering how everyone got their melee nicknames, or aliases. I've come across some pretty interesting ones, and it would be really cool to know how they were started. I got mine from a school play, I played Ulysses. I'm not sure if there has already been a thread like this, its just really interesting in my opinion.
cool thread ulyssesthetrojan
i too am interested in peoples smash names
and not in kanes 11 inch ****

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I only feel the need to explain my name because I feel like most people assume it's some kind of oxymoron (mellow + maniacal). Well, it isn't.

melo·ma·nia definition
Pronunciation: /ˌmel-ō-ˈmā-nē-ə/
Function: n
: an inordinate liking for music or melody : excessive or abnormal attraction to music

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
it's a spelled out version of saying half of my first name, travis. apparently it's pretty catchy or some **** cause throughout highschool people would yell TRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH from across the courtyard like it's some sort of mating call

oh and i'm steezy 8]

Geist

Smash Master
First records of blowtoes I have are in pokemon Blue. I'm not sure when I first started using it, or why.
I hate it now, and usually don't go by this name anywhere but smashboards.

EDIT: just noticed the other thread lol
oh well

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
choknat = filipino pronunciation of "choc - nut" a chocolate nut snack in the philippines

choknat was the name of our dog in the philippines when i was very young

Choknat57 was my first AOL sn (kids only account, too good!)

my cousin called me 'choknater' one time and it stuck since then

UsurperKingZant

On June 26, 2007 I made my youtube account and I wanted to make a name that showed my fandom for the Zelda franchise. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was one of my favorite games at the time, so I named my channel after one of the main characters in the game, Usurper King Zant.

EPsilon933

The name "Epsilon" first came from an ign article about Halo 3 Epsilon. It was Halo 3 in it's final version of testing that some hackers got a chance to play before getting banned. I liked the name 'Epsilon' so I made that my gamertag. This was back in late Summer 2007 when I was into playing Halo PC. Then in Winter of 2007/2008, I played Crysis online and wanted to use 'Epsilon' as my tag, but someone else already took it. So then I just added '933' to the end of my name. I kind of copied Gimpyfish62 with the numbers part. 933 was chosen because my laptop's cpu clock speed was set to 2,933 MHz. The 'P' is capitalized because I have a habit of holding down the shift key long enough to accidentally capitalize the first two letters when capitalizing a name or whatever.

EPsilon

At herb 3, I over heard a conversation about how someone hates names with numbers in them. As time passed, I eventually started hating the '933' in my name.

Espeon

I just realized

that epsilon is espeon

and umbreon is well....

if this was done on purpose

kudos

if it wasnt

there maybe hope for zelda yet! :D
Espeon was my Smashboards avatar. 'Epsilon' sounds kind of like 'Espeon'. Umbreon has one of the best Zeldas. I mained Zelda. That's really the logic on why I wanted to used the tag 'Espeon'. I've had espeon as my Smashboards avatar since spring this year. But the tag 'Espeon' was really short lived.

EPsilonZant

Shortly before Apex 2010, I registered online with the name 'EPsilonZant'. I'm known locally as 'Epsilon' and on youtube as 'UsurperKingZant', so I just combined the two to get that name.

UsurperKingZant

After Apex 2010, my reputation on youtube far outweighed any reputation as Epsilon (any variant), so I bought a premium account and changed my name to my youtube name.

j00t

Smash Champion
My initials are JWT

Someone gave me the nickname jewt because JWT took to long to say

then I renamed myself to j00t

all is good with the world

Jonas

Smash Champion
My real name. It has nothing to do with Weezer or the Jonas Brothers :mad088:
Also it's really pronounced with a "soft" J (kinda like a Y) and not the "hard" one that sounds like it starts with a D.

Beat!

Smash Master
My name is a well-known term in competitive Yu-gi-oh, which I have played since 2006.

Though I nick "Beat" on most places nowadays, and that's what most of my friends call me. If I ever get a premium account, I might change it here too lol.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
My smashboards account name came from an inside joke between a friend and me.

My tag, Mr. F, comes from Arrested Development.

And my first name is frank, so it kind of works out.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I used to use "Ice24" when I thought it was awesome when I was 13.

Then I used "Ice", but I'd get confused with random people all the time in all sorts of games.

So then I changed it to "t3h Icy", with the first half only as a way to distinguish from other Icys.

It's painfully awkward when people say things like "Sup t3h Icy".

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My name is a well-known term in competitive Yu-gi-oh, which I have played since 2006.

Though I nick "Beat" on most places nowadays, and that's what most of my friends call me. If I ever get a premium account, I might change it here too lol.
man who else remembers when slate warrior and berserk gorilla were good?

or seven coloured fish?

good lord this name brings me back

MECHANICAL CHASER

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
KK, you should look up YGOTAS - Yu-gi-oh the abridges series. Made of win.

Oh, there's also YGOTAM - the abridged movie. Also pretty solid.

(rostigalen is just something I made up when I was 12, it doesn't mean anything at all - the tag I use nowadays, Isa, is a shortening people started to make at a community where I had registered as isawithappen)

man who else remembers when slate warrior and berserk gorilla were good?

or seven coloured fish?

good lord this name brings me back

MECHANICAL CHASER
I remember for Berserk Gorilla, but slate warrior? Back when 7 colored fish was good must sound like some ancient times. Yu-Gi-Oh was fun

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
7 colored fish
the green genie
hane-hane
man-eater bug

this was the basis of ****** everyone back in the day. there was a name for the style i used i never even was aware of.

[making your opponents put their cards back in their hands/flip effect rapage, then the 1800's for the damage once their field was cleared]

yeah that game was fun, until i played magic and realized yugioh is childs play in comparison.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I typed in some generic name.

"Sorry, username already in use."

So I typed in the first two random words that popped into my head.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
a xe islam
only so many people know about this lol
7 colored fish
the green genie
hane-hane
man-eater bug

this was the basis of ****** everyone back in the day. there was a name for the style i used i never even was aware of.

[making your opponents put their cards back in their hands/flip effect rapage, then the 1800's for the damage once their field was cleared]

yeah that game was fun, until i played magic and realized yugioh is childs play in comparison.
la jinn the mystical genie of the lamp* lol
Twisted Metal is the ****.
correct.

Pi

Smash Hero
see my sig
we cannot

i remember when i got a blue eyes white dragon in one of those 6 card packs
i nearly **** myself
i tried to make my mom understand what i just got but there was just no way

also i remember that DNA surgery + insect net/web/trap or w/e it was combo that got used in the series, and then i had those cards and i was a god

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman

This guy was the **** back in the day.

On topic: One day I decided to try out the free trial of WoW. Thinking I would just play it for a day and never again, I wanted to give my character a stupid and ridiculous named, and shoop da whoop popped into my head. Turned out that I liked the game and people started calling me shoop which I kinda liked, so I chose it as my smash tag.

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
My initials but with hella 2's
i think my little brother was the one who started the 2's

Beat!

Smash Master
Wow, quite a lot of YGO-players :).

YGO is all about archetypes nowadays, unless you're playing antimeta or Absolute Zero. Still pretty fun tho' :p.

Bazoo used to be badass.

j3ly

Smash Champion
a number plate reading j33lly opposite my road

smash wouldent allow the letters, so i shortened it to j3ly

over time im preferring Jely, and nobody bothers to type out j3ly on the boards or in vids =/

love the name, have no qualms with people calling me J3ly in public. i think i prefer it to adam

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Dark armed dragon ruined everything:(.. from then on the game started getting alot worse

and its just my name backwards with 123 behind it lol

dmac

Smash Champion
dmac, it got so popular they even named a dance after me(youtube it), and some brawl player in washington liked it so much he also named himself after me

okay maybe its just too easy of a name and coincidences happened

used to be deathmachine (hey, i was 12) then shortened it before my smashboards account to something less idiot sounding

Top Bottom