• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who is TC, _clinton? You mean the OP, WhatIsRaizen?

Anyways, yes you made me believe Wario > Diddy & Pikachu as well. Pikachu for exactly the same reason as I just defended DK for. Wario can take more abuse, and would kill Pika faster than Pika would kill Wario. Diddy making Wario implode was just comic relief.

I don't think we'll ever agree on DK vs Wario, but I'll come back at that in a bit. I just don't see how you think Wario is faster, more durable and stronger than DK while both characters pretty much do similar things in game. But moving on...

So what you basically say is that Medius > Ashera. Why? I never recalled Medius being called a god in game or so. Besides when Ashera awoke everyone except for Ike's army turned into stone. Then again, it isn't like Ike can solo Ashera anyway. Ashnard when under the influence of the Fire Emblem either. Still, he easily beat the Black Knight, who story-wise was also very very powerful as you know.

Yes skills are cause the games are getting newer indeed. So that's why I said it was an unfair advantage on Ike's behalf. But still, he should be able to use them against Marth. I'm not a real expert on the Fire Emblem skills, (cause I rarely payed attention to them anyway, appart from the 'Occult' skills like Aether and Nephenee's special attack ^^) but I'm sure Ike has an answer to Marth's Shield of Seals.

There are skills for example which neglect bonus points from equipment and the like, and Ike naturally packs Nihil as well, which could basically already stop Marth from doing anything besides attacking with the sword. Aether heals, and stuff like Wrath and the likes would heal Ike if he'd get low on HP.

But we might have to wait till we get FE DS2 over here. Maybe the game has a little suprise for us on how powerful Marth could turn out? ;)

_clinton

Smash Master
Who is TC, _clinton? You mean the OP, WhatIsRaizen?
TC=Topic Creator , so yes.

I just don't see how you think Wario is faster, more durable and stronger than DK while both characters pretty much do similar things in game. But moving on...
Both characters do not just “pretty much do similar things in game” just because DK is hunting down bananas that should have spoiled by now (really!) and Wario wants $ for their stories (to the point where I’m sure it may be a fetish in his case) doesn’t mean they are 100% the same. They just have the same idea for a story or an “excuse plot,” and even both of them do go beyond what DK has for excuse plot at the least with a bit more than $ usually (well I know Wario does for sure, can’t really say as much with DK, but meh both still have pretty weak side stories, along with Mario in general).

Anyway, as far as I can tell the main idea for DK’s strength really only comes from a few games which I feel sort of blows things out of proportion as far as just what you are saying about that strength part (and then something like DK:JC for the DS beats that).

The most troubling issue with DK and my view on him is that there are in general two very different looks for him; in that one makes him look “human” as like Star Fox or Sonic clearly is (to a point I’ll admit, because the fact that there are still “real humans” in the Sonic world, but really it is like Dragon Ball with that excuse and how there are still “wild animals” in that world despite there being “human ones” in it). That view pretty much died with Rare though for the most part.

The other part, which is where you really get the strength part from and the main reason as to why I don’t see it has being “super strength” just makes him look like a wild animal still, this view mainly comes from when he is around Mario because he was originally a rip off of King Kong to a point, but Jungle Beat sort of clearly uses it as well. Rare’s view is kind of meh when it comes to the super strength thing you know, like I said they mainly made him “more human” they still have their moments, but really this other view does that job far more, and the fact that someone like Mario in his “normal human for the most part” mode can beat him says a lot about how it isn’t that impressive.

Wario’s games are mainly about his strength, speed, and durability pretty much for how he can do the things he does and him lolling at others trying to fight him! Again, they pretty much are the world’s most one sided fist fights, but they are also obstacle courses as well.

I still can’t understand why you think DK is as durable as Wario, the best example I’ve seen from you is like with DKC2 and the start of that K. Rool fight where he is torturing the guy. Which torture is a bad example to bring up IMO with a case like this, because K. Rool had no desire to kill him or anything, after all he wanted to use him as a “trade” for that game. However, Wario takes things like being smashed into a “pancake,” crushed by buildings and the like, tons of dark magic such as being turned into a “mini” Wario or something from the world of the undead making him one of them. Yet Wario just lols at being turned into a zombie, having his body destroyed, and just goes on beat the zombies and like that did that.

Plus I don’t know why you don’t think the guy is fast when “hurry up” is one of his catch phrases as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIzLkSBcwCc&feature=related

On that note about hurry up, when has DK gone through a hotel of axe crazy undead?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCLXI_ObNIQ

So what you basically say is that Medius > Ashera. Why?
No, I’m saying that the threat of Marth’s world being destroyed by decay, Medius who btw was reborn as pretty much “the devil”, the various weapons made from the orbs, and an army of dragons each packing land destroying powers > Ashera and her army of gullible saps which also I guess includes dragons, even if they had issues with the thought of fighting.

Besides when Ashera awoke everyone except for Ike's army turned into stone.
Yeah, and when the orbs were removed from the shield it weakened the seal on a bunch of insane dragons, and when one of the orbs broke it started to destroy the world.

Still, he easily beat the Black Knight, who story-wise was also very very powerful as you know.
He wouldn’t beat him without a huge stat boost called a power increasing stat change blessing of his own. The fact that the BK is right before the dragons in power and logically by that point is just fighting with only a sword and armor says a lot.

There are skills for example which neglect bonus points from equipment and the like, and Ike naturally packs Nihil as well, which could basically already stop Marth from doing anything besides attacking with the sword.
So, what about the light orb also removing skills and the like from things like the Dark Orb and the huge power it has? (As in the protection, the mind **** skills, along with the upped stats and so on).

Again I still want to know how you expect these skills to go beyond their canon? Things like Nihil in the pokemon universe wouldn’t be super awesome either, removing the negative skills from the various pokemon such as the one who moves large chunks of land like the ones we are on? Why the **** not make him fight that!

Plus how would Nihil work in things like Mario? Or psychic powers (such as in pokemon and EB/Mother), what about goddess power? I like how nihil is effective vs. everything there in Ike’s game, just saying it doesn’t cancel everything, Yune pretty much was the one who killed Ashera, not Ike, she was only working through Ike.

REL38

Smash Lord
No actually Wario has used his plane in game play, he has been a foe at several points or another as well you know. Personally I don't know why Wario wouldn't just hypnotize Pit.

Oh and "jet cap," "eagle cap," and "king dragon cap" are again things that allow Wario flight, he also has rocket barrels in case you missed that, and some reaction abilities that allow it.

So, how many other characters besides Sonic (and he needs to be using his boost speed), Wario, haven't been affected by the pulling of water again dragging them under if they try to run across it?

I've seen Luigi run across it because of his speed, but after a while it pulls him in, and Samus is a different story for how water affects her in the 1st place. Ness isn’t affected by it when teleporting as well, but again it isn’t like what I see Wario doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KenOiJg-Skk

Jet Cap, right?

Doesn't seem to add much altitude

Couldn't find Eagle Cap vid, but it just says flight so is it indefinite or restricted?
King Dragon Cap seems most useful, but Pit's Mirror Shield can be used to block fires and Protective Crystal can absorb attacks unless I'm missing something there

Don't see how Wario's gonna attack when he's piloting a plane

Wario runs over water due to the boost pad
Luigi runs over water just cuz. It hardly means he's truely running at insane speeds to run on it. Just that he's capable of running on water at a rather lackluster speed

Ness is teleporting, not running over water

Sonic can run on water since he's been many times said to be able to run at "super sonic" speeds so it's obvious his true speed is allowing it

Unless the character is said to be capable of high speeds from a legit source (item description, character info, etc), I'm not buying super speed from a lot of characters

late response is late, so yeah

@MU

I'd lean towards Pikachu, but not by much
Thunder Wave + Affection can stack, right?
Grass Knot could be cool. Mabye Charge Beam
Double Team or Flash for evasion

_clinton

Smash Master
Jet Cap, right?
Doesn't seem to add much altitude
A. The game and the instruction book says it makes Wario fly, any limits on that such as altitude is clearly a forced limit made by the game to prevent it from being broken (which they fail at if you give me a second to explain).

It ups Wario's speed stat by two, jump stat by 1.5x (so it makes him gain height in his jumps, how about that), ups the range of the normal charge attack by 8x or so (something like that, it has 3.75x more range than what the bull hat's charge gives, and the bull hat has like 2.5x the range of a normal tackle) and allows for unlimited renewable bursts of the charge attack in the air.

You pretty much can bypass a good chunk of the levels, and slow your fall, in that game just because of things like this cap. Really, look at something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zncEOAOn4vg

A little kid makes it look easy because it is easy ^_^

It's pretty much a top tier item as far as power ups go, and it's not the only power up that gives you flight but has the game mechanics for the game handicapping the **** out of it. You got to love how Mario can't just take off with stuff like the cap in things like Mario World.

King Dragon Cap seems most useful, but Pit's Mirror Shield can be used to block fires and Protective Crystal can absorb attacks unless I'm missing something there
Protective crystals do a really bad job at what their name says they do, just saying they spin pretty slow. Anything fast still breaks right through them. And the mirror shield does next to nothing in the game except make it so the final boss doesn't 1HKO, but whatever, if you guys want it to block projectiles it can I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkvVcyVzeW8

Don't see how Wario's gonna attack when he's piloting a plane
In the launch pads maybe he would have some issue with attacking (having to jump out and tackle Pit in the air), of course, it’s not like launch pads don’t protect Wario when he is flying as well. The light arrows Pit has may pass through things, but they have a limit.

Still, what about Wario-man and him just flying around on even grounds with Pit as well in case you think the other 10 or so methods of flight Wario has aren’t enough to stop him?

Wicked Wario could also fly around and pummel Pit to death.

**** why does Mario get so much more credit than Wario? Wario pretty much has better power ups than him as well.

Wario runs over water due to the boost pad
Yeah, and Pit can only use things like protective crystals, fire arrows, and a few other items out on the over world map, any boss fight or entering a dungeon with them is out of the question. Funny how games can make cheap limits to the characters huh? Making it so you can only use an item in a specific spot, or an ability with help from a machine despite the fact that games like Wario Land 4 clearly show that he is more than capable of reaching high speeds w/o a machine if he needs to.

Oh, plus Pit’s health is directly related to him using a lot of his items as well.

Ness is teleporting, not running over water
I never said he was running over water, I said that the water didn’t matter to him at all with his teleport. Plus I hardly see why you think a super speed teleport that opens a door in space because of how fast you are moving wouldn't be in a way "moving across water" when you are jetting freely through space because of how fast you are moving.

It's pretty much faster than anything I've seen any other character in this thread do.

Sonic can run on water since he's been many times said to be able to run at "super sonic" speeds so it's obvious his true speed is allowing it

Unless the character is said to be capable of high speeds from a legit source (item description, character info, etc), I'm not buying super speed from a lot of characters
Except the Mario characters can clearly all reach high speeds if need be, that is pretty much the idea from the games that have those power ups that let them do it. They are doing it for a reason. **** the characters have more than just "running across water already" they are all shown to be highly acrobatic and very agile as well.

Even Yoshi in the newest Mario game can run across water with a speed boost. Mario doesn’t need much help to jet across water as well, FLUDD for example, yeah (not saying Mario will use FLUDD, but saying that it doesn’t really matter, because the speed boost that FLUDD gives clearly shows Mario is capable of handling those speeds).

I'd lean towards Pikachu, but not by much
Thunder Wave + Affection can stack, right?
Grass Knot could be cool. Mabye Charge Beam
Double Team or Flash for evasion
Why would any dodge more work with DK just using homing ammo from a range to bust up Pikachu? Plus I don’t see why a shock would stop DK when a shock from a Pikachu in general isn’t deadly to humans either canon wise but whatever. Plus how would affection work outside of the pokemon game mechanics? I hardly see Meowth making sweet sweet love to a Wailord as canon in the games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Here we go with our walls again. We should really try to do this less than before, cause we're scaring people away it seems. Anyways:

Both characters do not just “pretty much do similar things in game” just because DK is hunting down bananas that should have spoiled by now (really!) and Wario wants $ for their stories (to the point where I’m sure it may be a fetish in his case) doesn’t mean they are 100% the same. They just have the same idea for a story or an “excuse plot,” and even both of them do go beyond what DK has for excuse plot at the least with a bit more than $ usually (well I know Wario does for sure, can’t really say as much with DK, but meh both still have pretty weak side stories, along with Mario in general).
Yes, and that's exactly what I meant. I must say that DK:JB for example plays much more like a Wario game, than a DK game (at least, comparing it to DKC of coarse). DK:JB doesn't really have a plot either. It just has DK conquering 'fruit kingdoms' and getting bananas while beating the living **** out of everything he sees.

Hence why I think DK and Wario are similar in a lot of their abilities. But Wario extras cause of Master of Disguise and his older abilities like the Bull Cap and such (no expert in this really). But I feel that DK can hold his own pretty well with abilities from DK64, JB, King of Swing and Jungle Climber.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the main idea for DK’s strength really only comes from a few games which I feel sort of blows things out of proportion as far as just what you are saying about that strength part (and then something like DK:JC for the DS beats that).

The most troubling issue with DK and my view on him is that there are in general two very different looks for him; in that one makes him look “human” as like Star Fox or Sonic clearly is (to a point I’ll admit, because the fact that there are still “real humans” in the Sonic world, but really it is like Dragon Ball with that excuse and how there are still “wild animals” in that world despite there being “human ones” in it). That view pretty much died with Rare though for the most part.

The other part, which is where you really get the strength part from and the main reason as to why I don’t see it has being “super strength” just makes him look like a wild animal still, this view mainly comes from when he is around Mario because he was originally a rip off of King Kong to a point, but Jungle Beat sort of clearly uses it as well. Rare’s view is kind of meh when it comes to the super strength thing you know, like I said they mainly made him “more human” they still have their moments, but really this other view does that job far more, and the fact that someone like Mario in his “normal human for the most part” mode can beat him says a lot about how it isn’t that impressive.
I agree with this two faced side of DK. However, it's not that bad really. You see, in the DKC series DK was also the most powerful playable Kong by far (canon-wise Kiddy would've been weaker even though he's stronger than Diddy and Dixie). But it's limited of coarse cause the games are platformers. But yes that's a bad excuse. As far as the platform characters go, Wario shows the most strenght of them all in those games, I agree with you there.

I also like the more 'human' version of DK better, or at least the way Rare portraited him but really PAON (creators of King of Swing, Jungle Climber and Barrel Blast for Wii) does this exact thing pretty well. It hasn't really died. They especially did it good in Jungle Climber imo in the little cutscenes.

It was indeed only Jungle Beat where DK really showed how to kick ***, in various ways. But I do not feel it's as big out of porportion as you say it is. Jungle Beat just seems to represents DK's wild side. I don't like it a lot either (especially how they "Japani-fied" the whole character) but I'll defend it here cause of DK's abilities.

I'll do the rest later. It's time for dinner now. :laugh:

EDIT: I'm back.

Wario’s games are mainly about his strength, speed, and durability pretty much for how he can do the things he does and him lolling at others trying to fight him! Again, they pretty much are the world’s most one sided fist fights, but they are also obstacle courses as well.

I still can’t understand why you think DK is as durable as Wario, the best example I’ve seen from you is like with DKC2 and the start of that K. Rool fight where he is torturing the guy. Which torture is a bad example to bring up IMO with a case like this, because K. Rool had no desire to kill him or anything, after all he wanted to use him as a “trade” for that game. However, Wario takes things like being smashed into a “pancake,” crushed by buildings and the like, tons of dark magic such as being turned into a “mini” Wario or something from the world of the undead making him one of them. Yet Wario just lols at being turned into a zombie, having his body destroyed, and just goes on beat the zombies and like that did that.
Maybe K.Rool didn't want to kill DK, but he did want to torture him out of revenge me thinks. Proofs how stupid it is DK 'dying' in one hit from simple stuff like beavers and bees while he was playable in DKC, cause he takes abuse worth of about 8 full life baloons in that short scene. :p Of coarse, Diddy dodging all these canonballs K.Rool shoots at him afterwards still prooves his agility, but that's beside the point.

So yeah, DK is more durable than he seems in DKC. But any character dying in one hit in platform games doesn't make much sence.

Most of DK's durability also comes from Jungle Beat, where the ammount of bananas equals his health or HP. But actually, bananas where always somehow related to DK's life force. In King of Swing for example, bananas are used to heal. In DKC, you'd collect 100 and get a extra life... Jungle Beat, it's HP, and it's a lot. So much that bosses actually don't stand a chance against him. Those bosses aren't even there for being bosses in the first place. They're there to get as much damage as possible on you, preventing you getting better medals. This is proved even more as you see DK basically throwing around the final boss like it's nothing.

So seeing as bananas where always related to DK's health, I don't think you can pass of DK being super durable as he is in Jungle Beat as game mechanics.

Plus I don’t know why you don’t think the guy is fast when “hurry up” is one of his catch phrases as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIzLkSBcwCc&feature=related

On that note about hurry up, when has DK gone through a hotel of axe crazy undead?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCLXI_ObNIQ
Wario could basically already outspeed DK with the verhicles he has so... >_> I'm at a loss here yeah. But DK isn't slow in the first place either. I still think he wins in agility though. And in speed, well DK wouldn't lose by much... As I said before, they're both pretty even, and likely will end up in the same tier anyway.

No, I’m saying that the threat of Marth’s world being destroyed by decay, Medius who btw was reborn as pretty much “the devil”, the various weapons made from the orbs, and an army of dragons each packing land destroying powers > Ashera and her army of gullible saps which also I guess includes dragons, even if they had issues with the thought of fighting.
Ganondorf also pretty much represents 'the devil' in the Zelda universe, yet you aren't much impressed by him. I can see why though in this case, seeing as Medius still leads an enormous army of dragons.

I'm starting to think that Marth actually would make a very good chance against Ganondorf here. (Funny thought, seeing on how hard he ***** him in Brawl :p )

Yeah, and when the orbs were removed from the shield it weakened the seal on a bunch of insane dragons, and when one of the orbs broke it started to destroy the world.
So, after Marth got the Shield of Seals, the real dragons just awoke and began attacking him and his army? Sounds like a good excuse to get the plot more interesting. :p Can you post a vid of these insane dragons, or a part of the script or something?

He wouldn’t beat him without a huge stat boost called a power increasing stat change blessing of his own. The fact that the BK is right before the dragons in power and logically by that point is just fighting with only a sword and armor says a lot.
I think it was just Ike's skill. He couldn't beat him before, cause Ike realised he didn't really beat him before (in PoR) cause he held back. Basically all that Ike did was get more fighting skill (which came naturally as the game progressed of coarse) and face him again. And beat him.

So, what about the light orb also removing skills and the like from things like the Dark Orb and the huge power it has? (As in the protection, the mind **** skills, along with the upped stats and so on).

Again I still want to know how you expect these skills to go beyond their canon? Things like Nihil in the pokemon universe wouldn’t be super awesome either, removing the negative skills from the various pokemon such as the one who moves large chunks of land like the ones we are on? Why the **** not make him fight that!
It's a hard guess yeah on exactly how the skills of Radiant Dawn would work outside of the game... In the Pokemon universe for example, (taking Ike vs Mewtwo now for example) Ike would remove Mewtwo's Pressure ability (which is pretty useless against Ike anyways, but moving on) and the likes.

There is also a skill which makes the fighters fight with 'natural abilities only'. I'll look into it sometime.

Plus how would Nihil work in things like Mario? Or psychic powers (such as in pokemon and EB/Mother), what about goddess power? I like how nihil is effective vs. everything there in Ike’s game, just saying it doesn’t cancel everything, Yune pretty much was the one who killed Ashera, not Ike, she was only working through Ike.
I agree here, with everything pretty much.

Also, remind me of replying your wall from a few pages ago. I might forget. :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Attract infatuates an opponent. It's like a seduction, in a way. As long as it's the opposite gender, it can cause the opponent to become attract with a given range.

Thunder Wave causes paralysis and cuts speed.

Double Team increases evasion. Duh

Some filler move that will eventually kill Donky. Perhaps. Oh, and Light Ball is a must. With it, Pika's attack/Sp.Att rivals Mence/Zam.

_clinton

Smash Master
Here we go with our walls again. We should really try to do this less than before, cause we're scaring people away it seems.
BS, walls have been around in this topic forever, most people have a life; that is why they are being scared away from stuff like this!

lol

^_^

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8782472&postcount=5563
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8792695&postcount=5787

I think Dryn still has us beat as far as single wall length goes; because I certainly haven’t gone in and made a huge wall only talking about a character’s full in game abilities.

Yes, and that's exactly what I meant.
And the fact that they have only common places in just the basic story idea is why I disagree with you. It’s like saying Mario is the same as Link just because they both rescue a princess who for some reason should be queen already but isn’t.

I must say that DK:JB for example plays much more like a Wario game, than a DK game (at least, comparing it to DKC of coarse).
How does it play as a Wario game? The game’s main level only seems to be about going from A to B while trying to get the best high score as possible. Then you have a racing level, and a “boss level” in each world or so. There is no way they are the same, I mean please show me DK playing sports using his foes as the ball if you want an example of the craziness within the Wario games.

Still, as far as GC games go, DK:JB seems better than Wario World by far just going from only the looks of it, even if you do end up fighting the same bosses like 50 times in DK:JB, at least they seem to change maybe when it comes to strategy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4KBi__x6Rk

As far as games go that lasted for less than a week (but would have ran you like $50 bucks when it 1st came out, which is why I’m glad I rented it so many years ago), that is one of the worse final bosses I’ve ever fought. The black jewel basically canon wise has a mini power of creation as what the game’s story says (or at least is able to change objects for a better example), but it ops to just fling a fire beam at you for 8000 times. Granted if you get stuck in the beams the strat does change depending on how you are captured (as you can see in that video). Yet, you’d think they would plan for you not getting captured in the beams! Or at least a change in how the things behave!

Really, Wario Land: The Shake Dimension really is as far as big console games go such an improvement to the last one with Wario. ****, the final boss in that isn’t such a huge disappointment to the point where you want your money back at the very least.

DK:JB doesn't really have a plot either.
None of the games have any real plot:
DKC1-get back bananas from the foes
DKC2-get back DK from the foes
DKC3-locate DK and Diddy and deal with the foe’s “new” leader who only turns out to be a robot
DK64-Stop K. Rool from blowing up the island, save your pals, get your bananas back, the game makes fun of its own plot really.

Hence why I think DK and Wario are similar in a lot of their abilities.
Except Wario is doing so much more with just his basic abilities, I’m still waiting for DK to dash across water, spin fast enough to the point where he becomes a human cannonball, run up walls, or create 7.2 magnitude shock waves using his foe’s heads as the victim as seen in Wario World, or at the least destroy any large chunk of developed land.

But Wario extras cause of Master of Disguise and his older abilities like the Bull Cap and such (no expert in this really).
The bull cap seems to be worthless these days, as Wario pretty much has naturally gained the abilities of it (except for sticking to things with the horns, but whatever), which makes sense I guess in a way.

But I feel that DK can hold his own pretty well with abilities from DK64, JB, King of Swing and Jungle Climber.
Nah, stuff like his gun is beat by Wario’s laser gun and/or other methods of projectiles/shielding from them, DK loses at a range, he has to get close. Wario has more than one way of making himself indestructible as well and pretty much is indestructible canon wise (or at least his body will rebuild itself for quite a while).

However, it's not that bad really. You see, in the DKC series DK was also the most powerful playable Kong by far (canon-wise Kiddy would've been weaker even though he's stronger than Diddy and Dixie).
How does Kiddy lose to him? He is the younger brother of Chunky Kong for starters, but on that note we really have no way of telling which is stronger (although Dixie is stronger than Diddy, or at least her ponytail is ^_^).

They especially did it good in Jungle Climber imo in the little cutscenes.
JC still makes me sick to my stomach seeing DK and Diddy being rewarded with all the bananas they can eat from a race of banana people.

Of coarse, Diddy dodging all these canonballs K.Rool shoots at him afterwards still prooves his agility, but that's beside the point.
And on that note, K. Rool pretty much gives them the weapon to kill him as well, plus in it is clear that gun is having some issues with working right in that game as well. Personally I want to know why ammo doesn’t make sense in those games.

It’s not like Wario doesn’t dodge things like that effortlessly as well in his games, pretty much all of his boss fights in WL:SI have some version of that, and then you have characters like Captain Syrup making machines of doom and the like.

So seeing as bananas where always related to DK's health, I don't think you can pass of DK being super durable as he is in Jungle Beat as game mechanics.
So wait, you actually think DK’s durability is truly equal to the amount he stuffs his face with bananas? **** when has that ever been shown in a canon example in anyway? (as in explained)
I mean, you don’t see me saying that Wario’s health is equal to the amount he stuffs his face? Just saying, they both have been using a food of some sort to recover health in their games as a sort of game mechanic.

In fact, food is used all the time in games to recover health:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HyperactiveMetabolism

Here is a quick list to prove my point:
-Mario (RPGs for starters, but also includes everything such as DK like you just said)
-Zelda (Milk anyone?)
-Kirby (YES!)
-Pokemon (Lemonade, milk, and so on)
-EB/Mother (oh yes)
-Metal Gear (rations)
-Sonic in that RPG on the DS

But DK isn't slow in the first place either. I still think he wins in agility though.
How does he win in agility? Again when has he launched himself like a cannonball from off a pole?
Plus DK’s speed just seems to be nothing more than natural ape speed, as in I’ve never seen him do anything super human of the sort like I’ve seen Wario do.

And in speed, well DK wouldn't lose by much...
I still want to see how DK’s speed is anything super human as well. Ape’s are fast, but so what? He isn’t running across water or up 90 degree walls and dodging everything along the way.

I'm starting to think that Marth actually would make a very good chance against Ganondorf here. (Funny thought, seeing on how hard he ***** him in Brawl :p )
Pretty much everyone beats Ganondorf, he really is a BS villain who stat wise seems weaker than other foes in the Zelda series. Majora’s Mask for starters would **** him like the ***** he is.

So, after Marth got the Shield of Seals, the real dragons just awoke and began attacking him and his army?
Ah no, the dragons just didn’t wake up right when Marth got the shield, they had been around for a while before hand. Some of the chapters in the 2nd game with Marth have his team dealing with various fire and ice dragons and the like. Still those are nothing compared to what could happen, check out this character:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tiki

She is again the daughter of the dragon who’s fang made the Shield of Seals.

I think it was just Ike's skill.
Ah, no it was not just Ike’s skill, Yune’s power up class change that hit Ike was the final thing that caused him to be better than the Knight.

It's a hard guess yeah on exactly how the skills of Radiant Dawn would work outside of the game... In the Pokemon universe for example, (taking Ike vs Mewtwo now for example) Ike would remove Mewtwo's Pressure ability (which is pretty useless against Ike anyways, but moving on) and the likes.
Again, how would that remove it, just because of the FE universe, again a question like this has to come along: What is it anyway?
Something like Pressure, how would you talk about it in anything but the Pokemon game mechanics? I mean not every game uses PP to just attack normally you know.

Attract infatuates an opponent. It's like a seduction, in a way. As long as it's the opposite gender, it can cause the opponent to become attract with a given range.
So, Pikachu is female now?

Thunder Wave causes paralysis and cuts speed.
Yeah, and so does the move lick, glare, and so on. It is hardly "real Paralysis" A simple shock is something DK will recover from easily.

Double Team increases evasion. Duh
Homing ammo tracks that evasion buff (which means so much for some reason, how does that work again?) and Pikachu gets hit by a projectile that is about the size of him moving at a fast speed. How durable is Pikachu again? Even with the game mechanics backing it, it doesn't look good for it, and with the pokedex's real explanation with it, the thing is ****ed.

Oh, and Light Ball is a must. With it, Pika's attack/Sp.Att rivals Mence/Zam.
Until they put on an item as well, but this thread doesn't seem to keep track of that.

Plus I have to like how again you people think that the stats actually mean anything at all. So, are you going to say Pikachu is close to moving at mach 2 speed just because it is one base point under a Pidgeot now?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So, Pikachu is female now?
Ionno, can it be? Pikachu can be either Male/Female.
Yeah, and so does the move lick, glare, and so on. It is hardly "real Paralysis" A simple shock is something DK will recover from easily.
The main thing is that it cuts DK's speed and might force him to stop moving for a few seconds every now and then. I know it isn't quadriplegic paralysis, but it helps. Sheesh, who cares? It's a status ailment. Not really helpful to say that DK will recover quickly from it since the status ailment doesn't get removed unless he has some kind of item to get rid of it.
Homing ammo tracks that evasion buff (which means so much for some reason, how does that work again?) and Pikachu gets hit by a projectile that is about the size of him moving at a fast speed. How durable is Pikachu again? Even with the game mechanics backing it, it doesn't look good for it, and with the pokedex's real explanation with it, the thing is ****ed.
Homing ammo, didn't catch that.
Plus I have to like how again you people think that the stats actually mean anything at all. So, are you going to say Pikachu is close to moving at mach 2 speed just because it is one base point under a Pidgeot now?
Plus I have to like how silly you're being, especially since Samochan posted an explanation for that stuff and how most of us agreed on how the Speed stat is somewhat like maneuverability, while Dex entries such as Pidgeot moving at Mach 2 would be debated to see if it could actually happen or not/proof from in-game stuff. Samochan posted something like that a while ago.

Like this: Look at Swellow. It's a lot smaller than Pidgeot, yet has a higher base speed. Since it's smaller, it's obviously more agile in CQC or in ordinary battles. Pidgeot is much larger, has a much larger wingspan, and obviously, that would lead to it being harder to maneuver around enemies. However, with its build, it could easily reach very high top speeds when uninterrupted. Much faster than Swellow outside of battle/moving in a straight line, but slower than Swellow when in an active battle.

Samochan posted something like this.

Stop being a jerk. 'oh I like how' is not necessary. You don't need act that way. Another thing: Galekill was the one who that base speed = Pokedex speed. It's why he made such a ruckus about how Mewtwo could go at supersonic speeds because its speed was higher than Pidgeot's. With that logic, I could say that Slaking could now travel across the world in less then 18 hours since it's faster than Dragonite, but obviously that couldn't happen due to Slaking's ability and how lazy it actually is.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
The Jet Cap does not have a lot of power. I like how you can have all of Wario's powers available for him at once, but don't like the idea of Kirby switching between his own.

_clinton

Smash Master
Stop being a jerk. 'oh I like how' is not necessary. You don't need act that way.
:demon:
Really, really you mean this? >_>
How am I being a jerk with just that wording?
<_<

There are plenty of other users who actually are being real ****ers in this thread with their replies. For example, I got to love how Joe is the biggest offender recently with me, (fun fact name calling won’t get you anywhere in a real debate if you are reading this Joe).

Oh and your little thing a while back with Wario vs. Pit was also an example in regards to yourself, do yourself a favor and check the mirror next time before you say something like ”I’m being a jerk.”

So, any objections to Pit winning?
>_>

:psycho:
Me disagreeing with you about something that has been brought up sense the start of the thread really is not being a jerk. The claim that you have of being so called “victimized” and “degraded” in face value from someone doesn’t work out that well when you have by far plenty of better examples of doing it to the person(s) you are debating with (just saying, I’m not the only one).

In fact, the fact that I’m willing to at least listen and even reply to your view still after oh… that example I just posted without being really degrading (the example of wording that you think is degrading isn’t degrading, just saying) is not being a jerk.

Of course, maybe I’m just too ****ing nice in real life to the point where I’m willing to pass over things like that and look the other way, but whatever.

:pimp:
Do you get that you whiny little ****ing ***** *** ****? (See, this right there would be an example of being a jerk if I was serious about it)
:laugh:

Anyway, going on:

Ionno, can it be? Pikachu can be either Male/Female.
Yeah, and so what may I ask is the big ****ing deal? Are we going to assume that something like that works now on everyone in future match ups? Are we going to change Pikachu's gender when he fights characters like Peach, Samus, and Zelda? What about something like the Pokemon trainer himself? Are we just going to have him make all of his pokemon into little ****s?

The breeding system already doesn’t make **** sense in the pokemon world, and usually when this thread has something like that come up such as with certain entries in the pokedex, we throw it out, but whatever, this thread as already shown that it picks favorites when it comes to BS (just bringing up invulnerability and all that again).

The main thing is that it cuts DK's speed and might force him to stop moving for a few seconds every now and then. I know it isn't quadriplegic paralysis, but it helps. Sheesh, who cares? It's a status ailment. Not really helpful to say that DK will recover quickly from it since the status ailment doesn't get removed unless he has some kind of item to get rid of it.
So, explain to me why DK can handle a shock in several of his other games and then recover from it just fine (which is clearly what thunder wave is), but then when he gets a shock from Pikachu he’ll be magically fully ****ed?

Plus in general how does paralysis in the pokemon games last until you heal with an item/move (funny how that wasn’t brought up) in the 1st place? Does Arbok glaring at you really cause someone to be stunned for an extended period of time even after the thing is gone or dead?

I’m not saying a potential shock wouldn’t work on DK, I’m just saying that the idea of it lasting “forever” just because he doesn’t have an item that exists only in the Pokemon world is BS, especially when the paralysis really isn’t anything special unlike what has been seen with other games in this thread.

Homing ammo, didn't catch that.
Fair enough.

the Speed stat is somewhat like maneuverability, while Dex entries such as Pidgeot moving at Mach 2 would be debated to see if it could actually happen or not/proof from in-game stuff. Samochan posted something like that a while ago.
“All of us” is a pretty bold statement to make especially when last I checked, am I not a part of this thread?

I’ve been disagreeing with Samochan’s reasoning behind that sense he 1st put it in, just in case you didn’t know.
One of his main reasons for this was that Pidgeot has a skill called “tangled feet” which would be a symbol for his clumsiness due to what the term means in the 1st place. What he didn’t put in for some reason is that birds in general when walking are pretty much defined as “tottering” just from what their feet are like in the 1st place. I mean have you ever looked at how birds move about on the ground anyway? Tottering like a little kid learning to walk pretty much flat out defines how they walk.

The ability itself only turns itself on when Pidgeot is confused as well, so how about that?

It's a lot smaller than Pidgeot, yet has a higher base speed. Since it's smaller, it's obviously more agile in CQC or in ordinary battles.
Saying Pidgeot’s size is an issue for it is funny, because games like PMD clearly don’t think that it’s size is that big of a deal for using it when placing it on your team (unlike oh say certain legendaries or other pokemon).

Also, why does that ****ing matter when both of these birds wouldn’t really be partaking in CQC? They are a flying type, which clearly means that they would be taking to the sky to fight with their foes really and to try and smack them while dive bombing them and so on, a lot of their moves of the flying type also clearly give reference to something like this. They aren’t just sitting around trading hits with each other like the game gives a clear illusion that they are just because of the battle style.

Plus even with that fact behind it, the other issue that I have about that is that Pidgeot in the dex and games clearly gives hints that its size isn’t an issue at all, by the time you hear the thing according to the dex, it is long gone, and it only needs a few flaps of its wings as well to create a windstorm. The fact that you can’t find it in the wild, meaning that you have to raise the things from scratch is another issue.

Also, on another note of a different taste, clearly the pokemon games don’t ****ing care about that idea of size, ever notice how Wailord can be brought out into buildings just fine for pokemon fights (or how they can flood that area of the building somehow with a move like surf, don’t forget that).

Plus the size thing doesn’t work as well when Pidgeot is a bird of prey compared to the lower forms of it as well, in that it hunts. Birds of prey are awesome, just saying, especially the ones that are looking at Pidgeot’s example (falcons, eagles, and the like).

Another thing: Galekill was the one who that base speed = Pokedex speed.
Yeah well sorry, based off how you guys sounded it sounded to me like some of you would be trying that (**** I know some people have recently besides Galekill).

The Jet Cap does not have a lot of power.
Personally, I want to know why you are *****ing at the flight powers of this power up, the games clearly say it is flight the cap uses. Any limit is clearly just a game mechanic because instruction booklets are never wrong according to this thread. <_<

Personally I don’t know why you bother to attack only the jet cap though, it doesn’t help you when there are plenty of other power ups in the games that are allowing Wario full flight with various modes of attack, plus canon wise Wario has been shown to use several of Mario’s power ups as well, but whatever.

Oh and again, the cap is awesome:
-Speed boost
-Jump boost
-Upgraded tackle that can be used in more than just the ground
-Reusable an unlimited amount of times
-Is about 3.5x longer than the next ranged tackle attack.
-A mode of flight that lets you start it on and off w/o any charge time at all, which besides breaking the game for any open area also lets you slow your fall all at the same time.

That is clearly an example of a good power up, but hey just look at the other flight items that allow such a thing in the Mario worlds:
Leaf/Tanooki Suit
-Needs a charge before being able to use, has limited flight, but after charging you can store it for a bit
-Slows your fall
-Has a weak tail attack
-(TS only) lets you attack foes with a large statue, or avoid them in general.

I’m pretty sure Jet cap beats that thing, I’m also pretty sure Mario wouldn’t want to turn into stone with Wario around anyway though. Granted the P-Wing sort of beats that thing, except the P-Wing is a ****ing rare thing that was made with the idea in mind to skip a level anyway, the Jet cap really does let you skip levels though for a good % of them, but it wasn’t made with that in mind.

As far as other power ups go that allow flight in Mario, **** the bee suit (very limited) and Boo suit (light destroys him, no thanks), **** the Wing cap (just a weaker version of it), **** FLUDD in any sort of way, **** the propeller hat (yes of course), and it even just barely beats Mario’s cape from SMW IMO. Really the only thing that beats it is Flying Mario from SMG, but that is super limited and really is only a way to get around that hub easier.

I like how you can have all of Wario's powers available for him at once, but don't like the idea of Kirby switching between his own.
Ok, 1st of all not only has Wario canon wise been shown to be using a lot of the same power ups Mario has, he has also been shown storing them. Do I really need to explain how a guy who has a castle filled with treasure and can pretty much carry it all on him and the like can’t store things for his use besides the fact that he has been shown to also store power up items?

Also, I think you need a reminder of what I’m actually against when it comes to Kirby. I’m only against the idea of Milky Way Wishes’ system of doing that. So if you want to really consider that system in that mini game as canon, then you might as well explain to me then on why Kirby doesn’t copy the abilities of foes when he absorbs them/their attacks, because that is what happens in that mini game.

However, canon wise though I’m aware that Kirby has been shown to store his powers and various items, such as in Squeak Squad for example. So, I find it kind of funny that you would think I was against Kirby being able to store his powers, have you not been paying attention to how I usually say someone would beat him/lose to him? I do it by bringing up how his powers will either be countered in some way or will pretty much trash the other character in another way.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Wario has to hit a block twice with the jet hat on, that is what I'm talking about. Any other hat upgrade in that game increases his power. You are still being picky with what is available to Kirby, extremely hypocritical considering you believe Ness can use PK Fire.

Samochan

Smash Master
Clinton, pidgeot is still a pigeon while swellow is a swallow. >_> Which do you think has higher maneuverability in the air hm? Ever seen a pigeon do acrobatics in the air like a swallow, catching small insects? I'd like to see that on youtube.

Swellow also learns Aerial Ace by level up while pidgeot doesn't. You'll also notice that Staraptor (who is the actual Predator pokemon of the birds) has higher base speed than pidgeot and whom is also based on a hawk, even has the ability intimidate (and whom also learns aerial ace on level up).

Pidgeot is also bigger than these birdies (lol pidgeotto is smaller than staraptor, but heavier >_> ) and thus the bigger built leads to lesser maneuverability in the air, though pidgeot is the only one capable of these to actually create gusts as it's chest muscles are so strong, meaning you'll find things such as sand attack, gust and tailwind solely on pidgeot's moveset out of these three pokemon.

But you'll also find double team not on pidgeot's set, but swellow and staraptor (earlier forms). Hell taillow only has 6 base speed less than pidgeot... Besides pidgeot is not the only bird of prey here, swellow never misses it's target due to it's outstanding maneuverability and staraptor is a strong flyer and can grip a small pokemon and fly easily, also challenging foes much larger than it is.

You are also seemingly mistaken about how bird pokemon do battles. They do not go high above in the sky and "dive bomb", because that would be idiotic and would give opponent time to set up or just avoid the attack alltogether, also known as the move Fly lol. Only swellow could "dive bomb" a moving, thinking and coached opponent effectively as it never misses. Catching an unaware magikarp from splash is another thing.

Not to mention they couldn't command their pokemons well if all they did was being out of hearing range. >_> Attacks such as peck, wing attack and close combat also require close contact and why in the world would a pokemon need to expend energy to rise higher into the sky than required in the midst of a battle? Your attacks won't work either if you're out of range. Or are you suggesting all bird pokemon trainers do is use Fly?

I'm using the body build to support my reasoning, not AS THE REASON of pidgeot's ability to fly mach speed and swellow/staraptor not, even if higher base speed. Even rapidash can gallop at 150mph with only ten steps, but there are many other pokemon that greatly exceed it's base speed. Why would that be, if not because of maneuverability? Heck, Deoxys form changes to become more agile and you can clearly see it from it's body structure, even though deoxys is already one of the highest base speed pokemon as it has been configured to be agile and speedy (notice how both agility and speed are mentioned in same dex entry sentence).

If you disagree with how I explained why pidgeot can fly at mach 2/rapidash can gallop at 150mph and other pokes cannot but exceed base speed, let's hear your explanation then. >_> You have no room to shoot down other people's reasonings with none of your own, just cause you feel it doesn't sit well with you. >_> I reasoned in the name of pokedex, so it would become a valid source of information in the eyes of the people who write in this thread and often criticise pokemon and it's mechanics.

It should only matter to you that pokedex is valid or invalid source and not the reasoning behind it, because to my understanding you support the pokedex as an information source for other reasons. I guess I was wrong then and you really want to shoot down pokedex source and thus you try to pry apart my reasoning behind one of these conflicting entries people used to prove pokedex invalid?

Go on, try to explain it then. Why would pidgeot/rapidash dex entry be valid in the light of their base speed being exceeded by pokemon that cannot fly/run at such high speeds? Pokemon game runs at game stats, it's no use to ignore them in favor of pokedex or vice versa.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The only thing I know about DK, is that he is durable , super strong and has shockwave attacks.

With Nasty Plot and Light Ball, Pikachu's Thunder(bolt) will gonna hurt even someone like DK because with a positive nature, his special attack matches with a modest Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza. Shame that he/she doesn't have a large special attack movepool or else he would have much better options with Nasty Plot.

Double Team or Thunderwave should give him/her support and annoy the hell out of DK. But Pikachu is not as durable as DK so this could be a problem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It still doesn't give us enough effidence on how fast the Pokemon characters move in battle anyway so... We're still stuck.

EDIT: Didn't notice the post of king of murder.

Yes, Pikachu's attacks are strong but the chance he OHKOs DK before DK gets Pikachu are small. DK has huge range on his attacks, and especially the sound wave attack will trouble Pikachu, as it'll stun Pika as good as Thunder Wave would stun DK.

DK however has options of healing, as shown in DK:King of Swing, and also has 3 different forms of invincibility which may, or may not be able to shrug of Pikachu's lightning attacks.

Grass Knot is pretty nasty though. I've heard a mention about it earlier here. Thing is that that attack most likely requires Pika to get closer to DK than he should.

Cause basically, all DK needs is Pika to get hit by the sound wave attack to stun it, and then assault him with punches and kicks as shown in DK:Jungle Beat. And the sound wave attack obviously moves as fast as sound. So unless Pikachu can somehow move faster than sound, DK wins.

tl;dr: DK has more safe options than Pika, and is more durable. If Pikachu gets stunned by the sound wave attack, he loses.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I would giver it to DK as well, regardless of Pika's Speed, the Sound waves essentially create a forcefield from Pika's nastier physical attacks. And if PP is representative of a pokemon's "energy" of sorts, then even with thunder/thundershock/thunderbolt, Dk could spam heal until the PP is gone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well no, Pika is very well capable to killing DK. It's just so that DK could kill Pikachu easier.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Oh well too many TL;dr to actually find out too much about these match-ups anymore. >.>

_clinton

Smash Master
Wario has to hit a block twice with the jet hat on, that is what I'm talking about. Any other hat upgrade in that game increases his power.
Ah no, the dragon cap still takes two hits from that burst of fire to destroy a block, the fact that the flame lasts for about 15 hits still doesn't disprove the thing taking 2 of them. Normal Wario is stuck using his body slam two times as well. The only form that breaks them in one hit is bull Wario. The fact that the charge from the jet cap pretty much moves faster is another thing. Oh and foes still pretty much don't really have a life bar in that game, the fact that bull Wario breaks through blocks fast means **** when actually fighting boss foes (normal foes get stunned by the ground pound at least).

You are still being picky with what is available to Kirby, extremely hypocritical considering you believe Ness can use PK Fire.
How am I being picky with what is available to Kirby? I've already said that I have no issue with storing **** in his belly canon wise, I have no ****ing issue with that at all.

The reason I don't see MWW's system as canon is because it just playing off like several other types of different games on purpose, ever notice that is how KSS's games played like in the 1st place?
The fact that the people who sold the game only advertised it as "8 games in one" in the title and for that they are just mimicking various other types of games isn't that hard to catch is it? It's only the main theme of KSS, I can't be the only Kirby fan to get that joke about it am I?
-Basic level to level platformer
-Racing game
-Overworld map platformer
-Level to level platformer with a treasure hunt
-Timed missions platformer
-Megaman style platformer, you get to chose your level and so on, also the idea of the power up system as well is in it.
-Two other ****y mini games, then whatever else comes along (such as that boss rush).

Oh and your lovely little comment *****ing about Ness using PK Fire is funny, how is it so hard to get that he would use it based off these facts about PK:
-Based off what the definition of PK is in the 1st place, you know, creating with your thoughts!
-Ness shows that he is able to learn PK easily just from watching something use it, such as with teleport.
-Ness shows off more than a few powers that he knows canon wise that you don’t use in battle with him (psychic shield for starters, but you also have to love how his dark side starts off with a psychic shield up).
-The only PK that has any learning restrictions canon wise with how to use it is PK Rockin/Love.
-Ness is a bit beyond being a “master” of PK in EB according to his story for what happens in the games as well.

_clinton

Smash Master
Clinton, pidgeot is still a pigeon while swellow is a swallow. >_>
How is Pidgeot a ****ing Pigeon? The only thing “pigeon” about Pidgeot is the 1st parts of his name and how Pidgey behaves! The thing is clearly designed after a bird of prey. Pidgeot and Pidgeotto clearly don’t behave like Pidgey does, they both hunt for starters; even Pidgeotto has a territory that it claims!

Swellow also learns Aerial Ace by level up while pidgeot doesn't. You'll also notice that Staraptor (who is the actual Predator pokemon of the birds) has higher base speed than pidgeot and whom is also based on a hawk, even has the ability intimidate (and whom also learns aerial ace on level up).
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/332/levelup

You might want to not bring level up moves in your claim of saying the stats in the pokemon games make sense. Just saying, I’m pretty sure that ducks aren’t that agile either, yet you see Farfetch’d learn the move just fine, and that thing doesn’t even learn quick attack. How is Heracross agile as well?

How come something like Ninjask doesn’t learn aerial ace? The thing doesn’t even learn quick attack/a quick attack like move from level up.

Pidgeot is also bigger than these birdies (lol pidgeotto is smaller than staraptor, but heavier >_> ) and thus the bigger built leads to lesser maneuverability in the air, though pidgeot is the only one capable of these to actually create gusts as it's chest muscles are so strong, meaning you'll find things such as sand attack, gust and tailwind solely on pidgeot's moveset out of these three pokemon.
I get what you are saying with size, it pretty much is something like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

I disagree with that though in this case and how it would make Pidgeot as slow as it is (as in I’m saying other things about Pidgeot’s build makes up for it), Pidgeot has strong chest muscles like we both agree on, but those are pretty much the muscles responsible for providing the wing stroke essential for flight in a bird in the 1st place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectoralis_major_muscle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furcula

The system in general takes up like 30% of a birds weight for birds of prey, but sense we are talking about flight I guess we should talk about feathers as well and what they do (short answer, a lot, and helping with flight maneuvers are on that list).

Now, in case you haven’t noticed a good % of Pidgeot’s dex entry talks about its other features as well, like for example on how Pidgeot uses its wings to intimate foes. So, I’m just saying Pidgoet’s chest muscles aren’t the only thing well developed on it, the wings and the feathers on the wings are clearly looking good, and then the tail and such is also good just from looking at it, which btw stuff like this is showing that it has good control over its flight, because those feathers are sort of important. On another note about feathers that really have nothing to do with speed I’d like to point out that Pidgeot and the lower forms it has are some of the only birds to learn the move “feather dance” by level up, the other being Chatot (who uses its feathers for another purpose in this case according to the dex).

Of course, I’m aware that feather dance only deals with down feathers according to the move’s description (not that down feathers aren’t interesting, what with how they supply insulation on a bird by trapping air and are the reason why people are allergic to birds anyway, still doesn’t take away from the fact that Pidgeot’s feathers are a primary focus for its info though).

Still, on something that isn’t Pidgeot:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Latios_(Pokémon)
The twins are designed for speed and based off how they are built (as in what the dex says) can clearly control that speed. They show this by pretty much just staying away from humanity for the most part. How is Swellow packing a higher speed stat then them again?

But you'll also find double team not on pidgeot's set, but swellow and staraptor (earlier forms).
So, how come “air slash” is also on Swellow’s move set and Pidgeot’s as well?

You are also seemingly mistaken about how bird pokemon do battles.
I like how you assumed only fly was what I was talking about when I was talking about “dive bombing.” How about brave bird? It is a “high speed tackle” you know, **** pretty much all of the moves that are flying could still work if they are flying around.

Really, how is the flying type not “flying around” in general when they are put in battle? That is how they assume ground attacks don’t work on them in the 1st place!

Catching an unaware magikarp from splash is another thing.
Funny, Magikarp isn’t the only food Pidgeot eats, it’s just the only pokemon brought up with Pidgeot in this case, not like some other pokemon aren’t brought up though. Personally I think the fact that Pidgeot can handle high speed hunting, and at a high altitude is another thing as well that I would like to bring up.

Even rapidash can gallop at 150mph with only ten steps, but there are many other pokemon that greatly exceed it's base speed. Why would that be, if not because of maneuverability?
What makes you think Rapidash is lacking in maneuverability when it is a highly competitive race horse?

You have no room to shoot down other people's reasonings with none of your own,
When have I not been replying with you and also explaining why I disagree with it? 1st I said why I disagree with your theory by bringing up the fact that one of your 1st arguments was about “tangled feet” and what that was pretty much (which was insulting Pidgeot’s build compared to others). So to counter that, I brought up the fact that plenty of birds that were birds of prey have “bad feet” in general because they aren’t suppose to be “walking” that way in the 1st place. Then I went on and brought up the fact that Pidgeot was a bird of prey and his build was made for hunting so thinking it was a “bad build” wasn’t going to work. And now I have this reply as well pretty much going into more detail about Pidgeot’s structure and how it actually supports it being able to fly well, how about that?

Personally, I want to know why you keep calling Pidgeot a pigeon despite the clear fact that it isn’t one (oh and you’ve done it more than one time, just saying).

Oh, and I also brought up in case you didn’t notice the fact that you can’t find wild Pidgeot, because their dex information shows that in the areas that they hang out they can get away from humanity so fast that the only thing that was left was just the sounds they made, but you certainly have every right to bring up the fact that I haven’t responded to your reply with any reasoning of my own, sure.

It should only matter to you that pokedex is valid or invalid source and not the reasoning behind it, because to my understanding you support the pokedex as an information source for other reasons. I guess I was wrong then and you really want to shoot down pokedex source and thus you try to pry apart my reasoning behind one of these conflicting entries people used to prove pokedex invalid?
Oh great, so now you are going to try this, I’m either 100% with you or against you huh? Good strategy >_>, btw in case you have not noticed other posts being talked about in this thread, there is more for the pokedex at supporting what is in it than just a feeble look at the base stats of the strategy games and what they have in common with the dex.

Like for example there is actual information in it that actually happens in the games while you are playing them and you get to witness them, and then the info like that shows up in the dex. Which is more than what the base stats, moves, and so on have ever shown. You are aware that they have been pretty much changing a lot sense the 1st games right? And that there are more than just the main 1st gen-4th generation strategy games, like for example there are games like Mystery Dungeon and how that thing uses a completely different stat system than the main strategy games.

Yet, on that fact, the info that is in the pokedex and the like still finds its way into games like that, how about that? Oh and the pokedex’s info is on that note as well, pretty much never changing!

DK however has options of healing, as shown in DK:King of Swing, and also has 3 different forms of invincibility which may, or may not be able to shrug of Pikachu's lightning attacks.
So, no comment on the fact of how bad it is to think that DK eating food for health is canon why are you just ignoring the fact that pretty much every character in this thread has “restored” their health in a way from just eating and pretty much every character has been shown to have a “bag of holding” in some way? I hardly see them eating food as a way to cure a 3rd degree burn or something.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Sure Clint, whatever you say.

If DK gets close enough to Picka he should be able to win this.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Pikachu isn't a very strong Pokemon to begin with. Donkey Kong has took down more dangerous baddies in DK 64 and Jungle Beat. Donkey Kong's Thunderclap would stun Pikachu, sadly, he got this.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Win = +1. Loss = -1. Draw = no change.

Current Match-Up:
YOSHI Vs. OLIMAR

Yoshi Vs. Olimar

:yoshi: vs. :olimar:

Loser's Round 6, Match 8.

Updated the Roy and Marth MU.

Vs.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi has giant explosive eggs, he should be able to win this one easily.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why has Pikachu won last match up? We all basically agreed DK won. O.o

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Yea, I think only Clinton was on team pikachu...

..and yea Yoshi can infinetly eat any pikmin thrown and then eat Olimar.

(Is this the thread that gives Olimar the size buffer?)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, _clinton agreed to DK winning as well.

And no, Olimar is his own size here. So yeah, Yoshi would eat him, and win.

JOE!

Smash Hero
*Yoshi would step on him accidentally

yoshi wins even by default due to olimar being unable to damage something so big

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
From what I recall, the boulders, to Olimar, are 4probably half the size of Yoshi's boots. While he may survive a single step, he wouldn't survive continuous smashing

_clinton

Smash Master
Yea, I think only Clinton was on team pikachu...
No, I sort of hate Pikachu as far as pokemon go, *especially in this thread*. (<3 Raichu though, I'm neutral on Pichu)

Oh, sorry about that. I'll change that now.
You need to change a bit more than just that match as well. *Wario*

From what I recall, the boulders, to Olimar, are 4probably half the size of Yoshi's boots. While he may survive a single step, he wouldn't survive continuous smashing
I think this thread needs to play more Pikmin in general, the "earth" in that game by that point is crossed between plant and animal (think of how some Pokemon are like that for grass types pretty much, but then place it on everything) and that cross is linked to machines as well (seeing a spider mech packing a bunch of machine guns and the like is awesome).

Anyway, Yoshi sort of makes Olimar his ***** in the long run of course (but this info about pikmin and how machine, plant, and animal have become one mainly applies to things like certain pokemon characters that aren't Lucario, the trainer, or Mewtwo).

Don't the boulders knock out 1/2 - 3/4 of his suits 'health'?
No actually, and factoring in the armor upgrades Olimar's suit can get and how it has an auto repair system, I don't see how a single one is a factor at all.

REL38

Smash Lord
Don't the boulders knock out 1/2 - 3/4 of his suits 'health'?
Naw, man

Get the Metal Suit Z (armor upgrade) and both explosions and falling rocks deal less than 1/8 of damage

how big are said "boulders"?
About the size of an onion or orange, give or take

The fact the rocks break into pieces upon impact suggests they're falling at a pretty fast rate meaning it'll hit harder than a foot step

Top Bottom