• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

JOE!

Smash Hero
@clinton

it is the combo of all those factors.

Her armor renders most swors useless if they even manage to get close, and lessens the power of bullets and energy weapons.

Then, her RPG and Electrolaser are all the mor edeadly due to her ability to simply "lock on". Not missing or the ability to hit dodgey foes is a HUGE advantage.

And fnally, everyone else this season has really been no match for her sans the space animals, who then had other issues keeping them from the top...

But who knows? With season 2 starting we could see a new top dog!

Also, you'd be surprised how well mideival weaponary kills. Just because it's old doesnt mean someone from the future is like immune to it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo really is like one of the only pokemon out there in the pokemon world who I actually will argue with him being able to fight mach speed foes just fine (due to his history and that stuff).

Of course, I don’t really see any proof of Mewtwo being able to match those speeds, I just feel his psychic powers are that good.
Mewtwo's Me First iirc takes priority over moves which go mach speed, or are supposed to so there you have your answer.

What's your opinion about Pokemon move limits anyways now that we're talking about it..?

How is the power of the dragon (power of the earth) weaker than the star rod/grand stars? Also, unlike Bowser, Lucas can actually lay claim to what his power is for himself as in Bowser is stealing it, which btw what is stopping Lucas from stealing the star rod?

I mean both of them pretty much let the user get whatever they want, and unlike the star rod which was cancelled out by the stars the power of the dragon is a bit harder to stop.
Well, in a way Mother 3 itself actually would help in a way of Bowser being able to survive ZOMGAPOACLYPSE (which imo Lucas shouldn't be able to do but whatever..) cause of Porky and his super capsule. Most likely, Porky survived the end of Mother 3 as well. So who said Bowser wouldn't? Canon wise he's been through a lot of **** as well, so...

I’ve been talking about this for a while as well, Yoshi’s eggs/melons/explosives and other items would be more than enough for a wild Pikachu.
Wild Pikachus also pack Thunder Wave. What is Yoshi's (or many other character's) answer to paralysis? This is why I regard Pikachu so highly. Paralysis is no joke.

Wario is also stronger, more durable, and has better item selection than DK has as well.
That's your opinion, and you very well know that I'm able to counter any of those arguements you have on DK. It's mostly your fixed vision on things which makes you stuck with that opinion anyways.

So here I'm disagreeing again. DK > Wario. But only slightly. It's mostly his agileness, punching speed and Sound Wave attack that Wario REALLY has no answer against that makes DK better. They'd lose to the same people anyways. Whatever character > DK, that would also mean whatever character > Wario.

Btw what RWN (or the guy with the 3 digit username starting with a R and has a W somewhere else) said about DK isn't true. DK puts down his enemies fast. You know that.

God, you really are the most creative person ever huh?
Why is your username _clinton anyways? I dunno but I always think of Bill Clinton posting myself. :p

As far as close range stuff goes, Lucas is packing a bit more than a stick in his game; the basic stick stuff is just for his 1st weapons, just like how a plastic bat, or “made for little kids” gear are Ness’ 1st weapons. By the end of the game Lucas' best weapon is one bat that clearly belonged to Ness at some point, but until then he was clearly using battle staffs and the like.
As in stuff like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bō
True.

So, how come game mechanics are the cause of Marth vs. Roy changing and not actual stuff in the game that actually maters? What the **** is up with that?
I think that's because their of the same game series. It's the only logical reason. But my reason on why I first thought Roy would beat Marth if cause of the range on the Sword of Seals. But then I heard the Shield of Seals prevents that... so I think rediscussion is needed.

A draw seems the most logical solution, cause it'd depend on who hits who first.

So, how many other characters besides Sonic (and he needs to be using his boost speed), Wario, haven't been affected by the pulling of water again dragging them under if they try to run across it?
Could you please stop with this Wario running over water? This isn't Moses we're talking about or anything. Besides, Wario runs over a **** BOOSTER when he does this! Just please... make a video of what happens when you try to run over that water while skipping that booster please?

EDIT: Just saw this in the SSB4 thread: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/index.html . Fire Emblem 12 will be Shadow Dragon 2, aka Mystery of the Emblem book 2. **** yeah was my reaction. Funny, cause just yesterday I was hoping that they'd remake that game.

Besides the obvious awesomeness... I'm hoping Marth will get the Shield of Seals in SSB4 (will there be one) as well.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
http://wario.wikia.com/wiki/Wario

Has abilities from his games. I'm guessing they include SSBB special moves, but those are not canon (except the Waft/Bike). In 'Others', he must be hit by certain objects to attain those abilities. The only notable one Pit can give him is Puffy, which causes Wario to float. The Master of Disguise abilities are a bit more useful, but I'm not sure whether he can have only one or carry them. Not sure which would be useful.

Now for Pit:
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Arrow_of_Strength
Each additional arrow does +1 HP of damage, but it can go higher than 5 in one of his games. Makes the range of his arrows much bigger.

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Wings_of_Pegasus
Unlimited Flight. Wario can fly as well though, dunno how useful this would be.

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Arrow
Adds a spinning fireball to Pit's arrows.

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Shield#Kid_Icarus
Not useful. Maybe it protects against Wario's ugly face? (kidding)

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Protective_Crystal
Two protective crystals fly around Pit in a close arc or something.

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Barrel
Pit can store up to 8 Water of Life. Water of Life restores Pit's health by 7 once he dies. So Pit can die 8 times before finally falling.

=========================================

So, who wins? They can both fly, though.

_clinton

Smash Master
I didn't say I changed my mind because of that. I went by story. >_>
I was talking about other people in this thread, not you. The fact that I’ve been saying that the shield of seals has been holding Marth’s planet together by itself has been all but avoided by some other users in this thread until you brought up the fact that the shield “makes characters” have to fight Marth up close (which you know is just “fun” to say for this thread ^_^).

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=166365
Calculation of Zebes gravity- It's more than 800 times higher than the Earth's.
Yeah…

Even the people in that link are calling major BS on that, but it is nice to have an example of this again:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SciFiWritersHaveNoSenseOfScale

How come Metroid does this in this thread but gets away with it, but things like Pokemon can’t?

I mean even in the official canon manga they show her w/o chozo DNA on Zebes for a bit as just a 3 year old!
Starting here that is:
http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000606/000028967/02.jpg

So, how exactly is a 3 year old normal human able to handle 800x the force of Earth’s gravity? Or for that matter how about everything else that is on those planets, how are they around really? **** Zebes is even able to be visited by normal people (well at least to the point where they are more normal than Samus) as well according to the back story of the planet in the 1st game.

His speed calcs come from space flight.
So, how is that an official source? Do you have any real proof like a source besides speculation?

This BS in the metroid series does makes me love Pikmin 2 some more just because it is a reverse of the trope. I mean Olimar finds the trash of earth impressive and super human, but he has a gun that destroys stars according to the 1st game!
(Just saying, Pikmin was guilty of a lot of BS in the 1st game for how Olimar’s stuff works, but for their 2nd game they make up for that by calling us the advanced aliens ^_^)

A gametrailers clip(Metroid retrospective) put the speed booster at mach 9. Though that might not be canon.
Link?
I’m having trouble believing that when the speed booster is only sourced as supersonic speed in more than one area (M:ZM for starters as well besides MF).

Can you give me a link to said enemies?
I need to actually understand which ones you're talking of.
You are aware that Porky is pretty much packing Giygas’ technology canon wise right?

Anyway, Lucas can also handle the pressures of the ocean floor as well around that island, as well as things like a live volcano area. The power itself he gets from that island is also holding the end of the world at bay (the game says more than once that the Island is being protected, and at the end, you see just what it was being protected from).

However to answer your question:
http://walkthrough.starmen.net/mother3/

They start showing up at chapter 5, where you for example start fighting some electric demons (because that is what they are). Hell they aren’t the only abnormality happening around that island as well, the ghosts there are pretty much only being kept alive because of the power of the island (which makes sense, because Giygas’ power has been shown to bring back the dead as well, and the power of the earth has been shown to be pretty much the same as Giygas’ power).

Of course, besides the power of life and death, psychic powers in EB and Mother 3 have also been shown to stop time (in fact that is another thing the power of the dragon is shown to do according to the NPCs). You can see the time stopping part from looking at the things like the last needle you pull in chapter 7 (the one that gives Lucas the Omega level of PK Love).

Teleport does not beat super speed. It's very useful, though.
You are aware EB’s teleport is a super speed teleport right (they even have the “warp” version really as seen at the end of the game with Poo for example)? As in Ness and others are moving so fast that they break through space in a couple of seconds or so. Hell even the rate at which Ness grows in the canon sort of makes it make sense (he is more than a match for a cult of crazed people by the time he gets Paula, hell in the 1st part of the game he is going up physically with gang life and the like).

I wonder how fast you’d have to be running in order to break through space?

The mask have NO STORY FEATS. ALL GAMEPLAY.
So, are you going to say that with the transformation masks as well that you get with canon? Sorry but they do have story feats:
-The game clearly backs up their powers with game script info including people noticing them (such as with the stone mask and how the guards of a certain area can see Link wearing it, or just the back story for some of them like the Bremen Mask).
-The happy mask guy says they have power, plus it’s a game about trapping magic in masks man! How can you say they have no power when the back story for the game supports trapping magic in various objects?

Him surviving the birds throw was done in a serious manner. You can't dismiss it as a joke feat.
I was more or less talking about the other feats like the being blasted to the tower, not the bird (which I don’t see as being as impressive as you are saying it is anyway).

Because he's below human level in real- CANON durability? KO'd by falling of a horse= story feat, which beats any gameplay. Ever.
Funny, but how was he KO’d from falling off the horse? He got up like in less than a minute after that happened and surprised the Skull Kid even. Plus there is the fact that it was a matter of surprise as well, Yink was pretty much just minding his business in that area when it happened. Plus it’s not like Yink doesn’t have other examples of canon durability, OoT shows him being just fine after being blasted by a spell from Ganondorf for example as a kid, which btw that magic has been shown to destroy part of the floor if it hits that in the fight.

It's still a mental place, much like Itachi's tsukiyomi. It attacks the mind.
Only the “world” wasn’t real, and PK Flash has been shown more than once to create illusions and the like (fun fact, Moonside is pretty much the result of PK Flash, you can see that by looking at the moves the mani mani devil uses along with what they say Moonside is). The translated meaning of PK flash supports this if you want to see that. You can see the effects of other PK skills as well, such as what Hypnosis skills can do in areas like Happy Happy Village (because the game says that it is Hypnosis with that area as well).

Still, the foes are real though because the game says they are (they said the statue’s power summoned demons and the like, because it is a “devil” power or something, the “Mani Mani devil” is the real name btw, I mean even the name Mani Mani gives it away as for what it does) and I think the “mental” attack that you are commenting about and saying it isn’t impressive is BS when the attack was more than a match for a city which is pretty much “New York.”

BTW, both Moonside and Happy Happy Village had no real effect on Ness (Moonside had issues with him, but it didn’t fully affect him canon wise).

Because we never see him avoid the blasters in a story scene. For all we know they miss.
He lives from a ship crash that pretty much finally scraped the Sky Runner, he can handle living in an area like the Lost Underworld, and handle areas like Winters, various deserts, and handle the Fire Spring as well (which is at the Lost Underworld even, guess what that place is suppose to be a symbol for?), and he can handle moving at various speeds with his teleport which he gets canon wise effortlessly at the game’s ½ way mark. He also is “reborn” at the end of the game with more power as well in case you don’t understand what is happening with that.

The game even clearly gives signs (such as it being flat out said in things like the coffee break) that his foes attack him and beat him up a lot and if he didn’t have psychic powers like life up on the level that he has he’d be ****ed.

Creation goddess is impressive, but unless we're actually shown reasons for Pit to beat her logically, it's just plot power.
It’s the same reason for why Link can beat Ganondorf, he has a chunk of power that is equal to him and he has a tool like the master sword, hell that Bow Pit has belongs to the creation goddess as well in case you didn’t know that.

But somehow Cloud beats him on his own REPEATEDLY, despite it making no logical sense.
Cloud has Jenova Cells in him and was turned into a “Sephy clone” himself in case you didn’t know that (the people “turned” into Sephy clones really had bad luck, you can see a guy in Sector 5 or so in game that is “sick” because of it for example and later that guy ends up chasing after Sephy and is killed), hell those two 1st forms of Sephy are also clones as well in FF7.

However, because of what happens to him plot wise Sephy has no control over him anymore, it makes perfect sense for why Cloud wins, he pretty much is packing Sephy’s power in some way but w/o the negative side effects.

it is the combo of all those factors.

Her armor renders most swors useless if they even manage to get close, and lessens the power of bullets and energy weapons.
Yeah, that is pretty much what I thought it would do when it comes to that. Don't know how it would work for a bomb blast though.

Then, her RPG and Electrolaser are all the mor edeadly due to her ability to simply "lock on". Not missing or the ability to hit dodgey foes is a HUGE advantage.
Wait, sense when does a laser Samus has have the ability to lock on in game besides the Wave Beam which I don't see how it works in real life? (please explain that) Just wondering, I can understand the missile being able to lock on because of heat seeking properties and the like, but how come the laser?

Also, you'd be surprised how well mideival weaponary kills. Just because it's old doesnt mean someone from the future is like immune to it.
Yeah, I know it kills, I'm just saying that it wouldn't kill as well as any modern stuff in this IRL setting.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you'd be surprised.

The difference between a bow and arrow and a flying bullet is that the bullet has more accuracy and plows through armor, as well as obvous stuff suchh as the ability to be rapidly fired/etc.

That said, on the unprotected body, an arrow and a bullet both have essentially the same lethality of being hit in the right spot = death. In fact, I'd rather be hit by a bullet than by a sword... a bullet leaves a wound whereas a sword cleaves your ****ing guts out

@targeting:

keep in mind that other fighters have to take a moment to aim. Samus just has to have her HUD lock on, and her arm automatically adjusts. It's esentially homing with the electrolaser as it shoots at near light speed, and the rocket can be calculated in a small area to hit as it has a blast radius.

those few fractions of a second shaved off by having an auto-targeting could make the difference between missing the target as they move and getting a headshot

_clinton

Smash Master
The difference between a bow and arrow and a flying bullet is that the bullet has more accuracy and plows through armor, as well as obvous stuff suchh as the ability to be rapidly fired/etc.
Yeah, and that is a large difference really, even the best marksmen in the times that you have for characters like Link really could only fire off about 10 arrows a minute using a long bow, which btw a long bow would rip through plate armor in the time pretty well, naturally Samus' stuff is a bit better than what I'm talking about

In fact pretty much everyone's is, **** Ness and Lucas have laser guns as well in game and the like. Plus like I said already, Ness' in game stuff doesn't make sense in a RL setting (due to time and place, because of where EB is located), but Lucas' setting and him having that does sort of make sense (because after all, even the book he is from is pretty much about the bad effects war has on kids).

10 arrows a minute isn't any where close to a mini gun which pretty much any gun user has in the case of like Star Fox characters, Snake, and the like, 6000 rounds per minute is easily for a weapon like that!

That said, on the unprotected body, an arrow and a bullet both have essentially the same lethality of being hit in the right spot = death.
On the unprotected body, the right spot for death is pretty much anywhere though IRL. The fact that there are huge blood vessels in all parts of the body pretty much make being shot easily fatal no mater where it is at, which is why people who use equipment like that are told to fire at the mid section, because it is easier to hit for starters.

Oh and in responding to your point on being shot>sword, they both suck.

Getting shot in the shoulder can cripple you for life at just the very "lowest" risk (but blood loss will kill you before than), there is a very complex ball-and-socket joint that if it is shattered by a bullet/other you are ****ed, and being shot in the leg can have you bleed to death in a manner of minutes and you'll be pretty helpless as well.

keep in mind that other fighters have to take a moment to aim.
Well, actually the Star Fox characters have that "plus" that you are saying Samus has as well pretty much, they have radar showing the location of various characters in their games and so on, and Snake has some auto lock on stuff as well in his games, and both characters types have cloaking devices as well.

I mean Snake has this one in MGS4 at the least:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_camouflage

And both have the basic idea of one.

JOE!

Smash Hero
active camo does not work, and both spacies and snake dont "automatically" lock on liek Samus would

Samus's HUD and arm MECHANICALLY AIM FOR HER, whereas Snake and the Spacies (out of their arwings) NEED to aim

_clinton

Smash Master
and both spacies and snake dont "automatically" lock on liek Samus would
They do actually, so if you are going to give that + to Samus who I'll admit I guess shows it off in games like MP with the lock on system there, why don't you do it for Snake and the space animals? Who also clearly have it in their games in some shape or form and have the technology backing it up?

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Solid_Eye_(technology)

Snake's in game scope lens also lets him see in the dark and detect hidden foes (although not all at once).

Snake's model also acted as a corrective lens for far-sightedness.

Also on that note, how do you deal with characters that logically shouldn't exist IRL? Solid Snake for example is a clone of a super solider. Then there are characters like G&W.

Mewtwo's Me First iirc takes priority over moves which go mach speed, or are supposed to so there you have your answer.
Yeah, and the move “surf” floods a battle field that a 10 year old is fighting on, and everything outside of the battle is just fine after that. That is kind of good for a move that can only be used around water on the map.

Oh and Me 1st, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t beat “Quick attack” and the like. In fact, the user has to be faster than the foe as well or else it won’t work! Again Me 1st is another move that is getting more credit than it deserves in this thread (the biggest insult is the item cancelling though of course).
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/mefirst.shtml

What's your opinion about Pokemon move limits anyways now that we're talking about it..?
I thought it was BS that this thread would think that the things only knowing how to use four moves would be anything more than a game mechanic, it isn’t supported by the games in any real way even at that. Yet, considering how I feel that a lot of the moves they have is BS and a lot of the moves in general are BS, I think it is a fair trade as far as views go.

Well, in a way Mother 3 itself actually would help in a way of Bowser being able to survive ZOMGAPOACLYPSE (which imo Lucas shouldn't be able to do but whatever..) cause of Porky and his super capsule. Most likely, Porky survived the end of Mother 3 as well. So who said Bowser wouldn't? Canon wise he's been through a lot of **** as well, so...
Everything living in the end of Mother 3 was only because of Lucas letting them live. Bowser only lived because of the universe being reborn, so I don’t see how that counts in his favor. Also, again how come you don’t think Lucas should have a power that is clearly his?

Plus Porky is just the type of villain that you sort of feel just sorry for when you get his history right, so if anything that sounds like a better reason for him living if you ask me (Lucas felt sorry for him just like everyone else).

Wild Pikachus also pack Thunder Wave. What is Yoshi's (or many other character's) answer to paralysis? This is why I regard Pikachu so highly. Paralysis is no joke.
So, what makes you think that thunder wave would hit Yoshi? Pikachu’s electricity comes from its pouches for one thing, which implies a clearly close range fighter. Yoshi manly attacks from a distance unless he feels like feeding, which I don’t see how Pikachu will escape Yoshi’s insides, considering how Pikachu is pretty much the right size for him to munch on, and as far as attacking his insides go, the fact that Yoshi can handle spikes, fire (from lava), ice, and so on just fine in his digestion makes me think Pikachu is ****ed if it is munched on.

Also, you keep acting like the paralysis in pokemon is like EB’s actual Paralysis where characters can clearly be ****ed unless they have some mental attacks, but it is clear that all it does is just slow you down, and randomly stun you.

Looking at the clear fact that thunder wave is hardly the only thing to cause it is a major issue. Tell me, how does “glare” cause the same paralysis issues as thunder wave? How about stun spore? How does dragon breath have a 30% chance at causing this true paralysis that you think it is? How about lick and the 30% chance it has?

I mean a lot of those can be explained easily and they wouldn’t constitute real paralysis, glare and lick are driven by fear for example. Really all thunder wave’s “paralysis” is just seems to be caused by mere shock, which considering how there are so many things willing to give Yoshi a shock in his game that he can handle, it really makes me feel that Pikachu’s is nothing new as well.

That's your opinion, and you very well know that I'm able to counter any of those arguements you have on DK.
If by counter any argument you mean to just ignore everything Wario does (good job with the running across water thing, saying it doesn’t count despite the fact that Wario in other games can hit speeds like that w/o a pipe) then yes I guess you’ve countered the argument pretty well.

So here I'm disagreeing again. DK > Wario. But only slightly. It's mostly his agileness, punching speed and Sound Wave attack that Wario REALLY has no answer against that makes DK better.
How is DK stronger? Wario can remove large chucks of land with his shock wave only.

Wario also shows off incredible acrobatic skills such as seen in that clown boss I’ve shown a few times, sense when can DK spin that fast?

You seem to think that the sound wave is this magic attack all that stops Wario, but you don’t seem to be aware that the blast really only works with projectiles (and even then not all of them), so how come you don’t see that the blast has two parts of it? The red part is really nothing more than DK’s arm range which is why that part is stronger in the 1st place.

Oh and please tell me what makes you think DK could take Wario when he is under the effects of a mega mushroom like Mario? (Yes, he can use them in case you’ve missed that, SM64DS)

Wario actually has a chance vs. Mario and beating him as far as canon goes as far as his growth has gone as a character, DK is royally ****ed with someone like that.

Btw what RWN (or the guy with the 3 digit username starting with a R and has a W somewhere else) said about DK isn't true. DK puts down his enemies fast. You know that.
Yeah, Wario does to, so does Mario, so does everyone else.

Why is your username _clinton anyways? I dunno but I always think of Bill Clinton posting myself. :p
Why do you care about my username? ^_^

Good, as long as you know it is more than just a stick that doesn’t bug me. I’m not going to get into how Lucas is chances are an expert with the staff ATM, but as long as you know it would hurt to be smacked by one, than I’m good with that.

I think that's because their of the same game series.
The problem with thinking they are the exact same is that they’re not the same, not with game mechanics, not with story (well it is clear with story at least).

A draw seems the most logical solution, cause it'd depend on who hits who first.
The orbs on that shield also protect from critical hits, destroy any terrain bonus Roy would have, up Marth’s critical hit, dodge rate, hit rate, and it’s not like Marth still can’t attack from a distance as well, oh and if you don’t kill him fast enough he full heals with the life orb, plus I still want to know why the other orbs wouldn’t make it to the point where Roy and others wouldn’t harm Marth at all due to mind control (unless there is some protection from the Sword of Seals I don’t know about along with that +5 defense/resistance), but whatever.

Canon wise Shield > Sword as well.

Oh and as far as remaking FE3 goes, I’m at an even ground. For one thing I hate remakes because most of the time they only seem to be an exact copy of the same game, but with better graphics and the like, and only doing a few things to fix them. However, on the other hand, I can see what a good remake can give:

That game is awesome btw.

Besides, Wario runs over a **** BOOSTER when he does this!
Yeah, and Samus loses her equipment each game as well and sometimes w/o any reason at all (which is clearly BS, I’m ok with a reason because believe it or not that actually does mean something people, but w/o one that is BS I’ll admit).

They have a reason for it though, and that reason is because giving that stuff to you early would break the game.

Am I like the only one who notices that the games give you the power ups/booster stuff only whenever you need them? Clearly Wario being able to run across everything all the time if you wanted would be kind of game breaking don’t you think? But hey, don’t take my word for it, try out Wario Land 4 where the speed boost isn’t as great as in WL:SI, but it is clear that the power is sort of broken!

Or how about using a star all the time based off how they have programmed it in the Mario games? That is broken as well, or how about 100% access to the metal cap?

Has abilities from his games. I'm guessing they include SSBB special moves, but those are not canon (except the Waft/Bike).
Also, the Mario wiki has by far better info on Wario:
http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario

Oh and as far as vehicles go, the fact that he gets them in pretty much the same way Mario gets his power ups pretty much shows that Wario carries them around.

The Master of Disguise abilities are a bit more useful, but I'm not sure whether he can have only one or carry them.
The master of disguise abilities are “transformations” not just “outfits.” He isn’t carrying a ton of clothes around with him if that is what you think; they are done with magic (like Zelda does). The game btw is a puzzle platformer as well.

Each additional arrow does +1 HP of damage, but it can go higher than 5 in one of his games. Makes the range of his arrows much bigger.
Wario already busts up all powerful demons with his fists alone, so I don’t see how Pit having stronger arrows is a big deal.

Unlimited Flight. Wario can fly as well though, dunno how useful this would be.
Not very, considering how Wario can also shot Pit down in various vehicles like his personal plane as well, and Wario has more than one way of going into the sky.

Adds a spinning fireball to Pit's arrows.
I don’t know if increasing the projectile size will matter that much, plus I’m pretty sure lighting Wario on Fire is a bad idea anyway for the attacker.

Not useful. Maybe it protects against Wario's ugly face? (kidding)
Poor Wario, he is so self conscious about his looks (check out the character profile in the Wario Land Shake it official site).

I don’t see why it would help with a fighter like Wario as well, considering how he pretty much prefers close range combat.

Two protective crystals fly around Pit in a close arc or something.
Quick foes can still attack Pit when he has this up pretty well, and Wario is fast.

Pit can store up to 8 Water of Life. Water of Life restores Pit's health by 7 once he dies. So Pit can die 8 times before finally falling.
Wario has revive tonics as well if you need them somehow despite his game pretty much being the world’s most one sided fist fights (WL:SI for the tonics though), he can hold more than one in fact. They are full cures. He can also heal himself with his art form if needed as well.

On that note, I’m like shocked you didn’t bring up armor with Pit, is it because Wario has been known to break through armor like a hot knife through butter?

Also, what makes you think Wario can’t rob Pit’s blind? Wario robs people all the time in game. I think that bow would be pretty useless for Pit if Wario is holding it!

RWB

Smash Ace
Yeah…

Even the people in that link are calling major BS on that, but it is nice to have an example of this again:
Killermovies is a page known for having pretty numbskull people on it, just saying.

How come Metroid does this in this thread but gets away with it, but things like Pokemon can’t?
I mean even in the official canon manga they show her w/o chozo DNA on Zebes for a bit as just a 3 year old!
Starting here that is:
http://img-a.onemanga.com/mangas/00000606/000028967/02.jpg

So, how exactly is a 3 year old normal human able to handle 800x the force of Earth’s gravity? Or for that matter how about everything else that is on those planets, how are they around really? **** Zebes is even able to be visited by normal people (well at least to the point where they are more normal than Samus) as well according to the back story of the planet in the 1st game.

So, how is that an official source? Do you have any real proof like a source besides speculation?
Zebes mass and size in regards to the mass means that gravity is that high.

And the mass and Size are both taken from metroid Prime's website.

Also, the mangas canonicity is deeply argued.

Also, what's to say those "regular people didn't come prepared for increased gravity?

Funny, but how was he KO’d from falling off the horse? He got up like in less than a minute after that happened and surprised the Skull Kid even. Plus there is the fact that it was a matter of surprise as well, Yink was pretty much just minding his business in that area when it happened. Plus it’s not like Yink doesn’t have other examples of canon durability, OoT shows him being just fine after being blasted by a spell from Ganondorf for example as a kid, which btw that magic has been shown to destroy part of the floor if it hits that in the fight.
A ball of magic fired by relatively non-serious Gdorf without ToP is equal to Serious Gdorf with ToP magic ball.

I'm calling BS on that.

However, because of what happens to him plot wise Sephy has no control over him anymore, it makes perfect sense for why Cloud wins, he pretty much is packing Sephy’s power in some way but w/o the negative side effects.
Except Sephy is massively stronger and faster and has endless stamina, and has even been stated by the creators to be on a completely diffferent level than Cloud.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@*******:

samus MECHANICALLY LOCKS ON, tremendous difference

also, the only ones ruled out were GW and ROB

_clinton

Smash Master
Killermovies is a page known for having pretty numbskull people on it, just saying.
Yes, because they certainly were at the least in that topic after all, disagreeing with canon from an official source, how dare they, btw ever see this?
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_Order

I’m pretty sure almost any person who has any opinion on the Zelda timeline at all for the most part disagrees with that.

Zebes mass and size in regards to the mass means that gravity is that high.
Yeah, I understand what they are saying, I just don’t agree with it.

And the mass and Size are both taken from metroid Prime's website.
I like how they defend that statement, btw I post this again:

Also, the mangas canonicity is deeply argued.
No, no I’m sure it isn’t. I’m also pretty sure plenty of things in that manga went into the actual game’s canon last I checked, you know, because it was made for when Metroid: ZM was coming out. It also supports stuff that happens in MF.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_(manga)

http://www.metroid-database.com/?p=comicsmanga

The manga is called "official"

But don't take my word for it, look at who made it!

http://metroid-database.com/index.php?g=mzm&p=manga

Manga

The Official Metroid manga from Japan! It covers Samus's origins up to the encounter with Mother Brain in Metroid Zero Mission. Written by Kouji Tazawa (script) and Kenji Ishikawa (art), and advised by Metroid director Yoshio Sakamoto.
I like how they don't take into account Zebes having 800x gravity with them having a 3 year old wondering around.

A ball of magic fired by relatively non-serious Gdorf without ToP is equal to Serious Gdorf with ToP magic ball.
So, on the list of other things Yink does:
-Dodongo’s Cavern-An area that pretty much ****ed the Goron Race with a ton of fire breathing lizards and also cut off their food supply even.
-Jabu Jabu’s belly-Yink gets eaten alive and makes it out in one piece and the area is filled with electric sting rays and the like including a certain demon parasite
-Bottom of the Well-contained a seal on Bongo Bongo for starters.
-Spirit Temple 1st half-Yink navigates a trap filled temple.

Except Sephy is massively stronger and faster and has endless stamina, and has even been stated by the creators to be on a completely diffferent level than Cloud.
Well, I’ve already pointed out that I think the creator’s word can be full of it (lol at him saying Sephy is the one in control and not Jenova), but on another note, what does FF7 have to do with Pit and the fact that I’ve already explained how he is packing goddess equipment?

samus MECHANICALLY LOCKS ON, tremendous difference
What makes you think SF characters and Snake don't have that? That is what I'm saying already.

Oh and lol@ name calling, again good job.

JOE!

Smash Hero
they dont have that because they dont have a mechanical powersuit that will precisley move their body for them to aim

/argument

_clinton

Smash Master
they dont have that because they dont have a mechanical powersuit that will precisley move their body for them to aim

/argument
Still want to know where that technology comes from, and I still want to know why you don't think the fact that they have a lock on with other forms of technology isn't as good. Plus there is still the fact that they and other characters also have homing technology in the form of heat seeking and the like.

JOE!

Smash Hero
heat seeking =/= aiming.

the huge difference is that in their games, they locked on as a GAME MECHANIC. In Metroid games, yes it is a mechanic, but she had two things that made it transcend beyonf that:

A HUD visor/computer, and a POWER SUIT. These two things combined can literllay make her "lock-on" to targets in a computer-precise fashion, as the HUD will calculate where they are, and thus move her arm without her having to focus on it and allways hit the target with her near-lightspeed laser weapon.

thats the other part: Her electrolaser essentially hits what it aims at no questions asked, due to it's speed. Combine that with her essentially perfect accuracy thanks to her HUD and Mechanized arm combo, and she can literally run and gun while lighting a foe up with her canon.

Even if the other guys had some sort of radar, they had to spend time actually aiming their weapons to hit where the radar tells them, Samus doesnt, and can even do other things while auto-aiming.

_clinton

Smash Master
A HUD visor/computer, and a POWER SUIT. These two things combined can literllay make her "lock-on" to targets in a computer-precise fashion, as the HUD will calculate where they are, and thus move her arm without her having to focus on it and allways hit the target with her near-lightspeed laser weapon.
How does that work IRL again? I'm pretty sure humans being hooked up to a computer doesn't work that well in the way that you are saying.

JOE! and _clinton can I ask you to discuss this topic in the respective thread? I don't want to be rude but we shouldn't stay off topic too much.
Hey, don't blame me for being off topic here, all I did was insult the idea of TDB which in the past the only time that topic as been talked about was as a comparison of the topics for when others come in here asking about the differences and Joe who has been pretty much been telling the thread to stay on topic all this time and stop talking about older matches took initiative to that comment and for some reason the thread ended up being more off topic after that instead of doing what was ok with the thread.

^_^ =)

JOE!

Smash Hero
why do you need a link? it is so **** simple...

the computer tells the arm how to move based on where it knows the target is

simple...

UncleSam

Smash Master
that's because JOE is explaining it wrong.
A combat heads up display would be linked to her arm cannon
a lock on would be the HUD locking onto it's target, but it doesn't move the arm, it helps with aim. the arm cannon could use LED or infared lasers as a targeting mech. and the HUD reads it and feeds back to Samus. She'll proceed to line up her target.

sample HUD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwlJR-8QcU
suit itself: http://futurismic.com/2007/11/28/military-exoskeleton-prototype-mech-warriors-in-the-offing/
I've already broken this down in TDB, the king of murder is right tho, save this for somewhere else.

_clinton

Smash Master
it works by you asking that question repeatedly to troll the thread you're ruining

lrn2machines
I'm just wondering where said technology that holds Samus' hand and helps her aim is located at IRL, I'm pretty sure it would be helpful for something like various complex surgery if it was real.

And hey you are the one replying to the questions.

that's because JOE is explaining it wrong.
A combat heads up display would be linked to her arm cannon
a lock on would be the HUD locking onto it's target, but it doesn't move the arm, it helps with aim. the arm cannon could use LED or infared lasers as a targeting mech. and the HUD reads it and feeds back to Samus. She'll proceed to line up her target.
How is that different from what Snake and the Star Fox characters would have? Snake in MGS4 pretty much has something like that with the Snake Eye.

UncleSam

Smash Master
How is that different from what Snake and the Star Fox characters would have? Snake in MGS4 pretty much has something like that with the Snake Eye.
I just walked in and you wanted an explanation.
take it however you like, I'm not planning on being against any other character.

_clinton

Smash Master
I just walked in and you wanted an explanation.
And I thank you for that, but I'm just saying based off what you've said and not Joe's BS is that Samus' machine +s don't sound much more different from the machine enhancements that some other characters have (Snake canon wise, is loaded with them for example)

UncleSam

Smash Master
I hope were clear.
one thing bugs me tho.

_clinton said:
And how does that work IRL?
_clinton said:
And I thank you for that, but I'm just saying based off what you've said and not Joe's BS is that Samus' machine +s don't sound much more different from the machine enhancements that some other characters have (Snake canon wise, is loaded with them for example)
what I'm hearing is that you are comparing characters on different bases.
unless the point you are trying to make to JOE is that Snakes hi-tech equips make sense?
this is a canon thread so I don't see how this would have mattered.
at all
I'm done speaking now.

_clinton

Smash Master
what I'm hearing is that you are comparing characters on different bases.
unless the point you are trying to make to JOE is that Snakes hi-tech equips make sense?
Actually the point I was making to Joe is that the thing he was saying Samus had that would allow her easy aiming because the suit would automatically move her hand doesn't make **** sense IRL and really the only thing she seems to have is equal to what some other characters have (pretty much "radar").

Even the Metroid canon itself says that Samus is doing the actual work of aiming if you check sources like the canon manga about Samus' backstory for example.

Oh and I know that this thread is about canon, this chat with Joe though wasn't about the thread, it was about TDB and how I thought it is pointless to compare characters from games in a true 100% RL setting. And on that note that before this started Joe had been saying for about 20 posts before hand to stay "on topic" and stop talking about older matches that are now "off-topic" compared to the match being talked about.

<_<

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, and the move “surf” floods a battle field that a 10 year old is fighting on, and everything outside of the battle is just fine after that. That is kind of good for a move that can only be used around water on the map.
Yeah I dunno about that either. That is just something that really can't be explained.

Oh and Me 1st, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t beat “Quick attack” and the like. In fact, the user has to be faster than the foe as well or else it won’t work! Again Me 1st is another move that is getting more credit than it deserves in this thread (the biggest insult is the item cancelling though of course).
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/mefirst.shtml
Does Quick Attack take priority over it? Didn't knew that. Never actually used the move in game (haven't played Pokemon in years now).

Anybody got a priority list of Pokemon moves?

I thought it was BS that this thread would think that the things only knowing how to use four moves would be anything more than a game mechanic, it isn’t supported by the games in any real way even at that. Yet, considering how I feel that a lot of the moves they have is BS and a lot of the moves in general are BS, I think it is a fair trade as far as views go.
I'm not sure if I understand the last thing you said. What exactly is a fair trade? Imo, the 4 moves limit is complete bull****. Sure, in game it could make sence somehow... For example, a Fearow forgetting how to use Peck, but learns Drill Peck instead but.. yeah it's not making much sence.

Everything living in the end of Mother 3 was only because of Lucas letting them live. Bowser only lived because of the universe being reborn, so I don’t see how that counts in his favor. Also, again how come you don’t think Lucas should have a power that is clearly his?

Plus Porky is just the type of villain that you sort of feel just sorry for when you get his history right, so if anything that sounds like a better reason for him living if you ask me (Lucas felt sorry for him just like everyone else).
I'm not sure anymore why Lucas shouldn't get that power. For all I care he can have it now. Actually, it makes just as much sence as Ike having his blessing. Both characters most likely lose those powers not long after the end game but whatever...

Porky got in the super safe capsule, and that was the only reason he could've survived. Lucas having pity for him or not. Could be both though. But I doubt that even if Lucas wouldn't care, Porky would've died.

So, what makes you think that thunder wave would hit Yoshi? Pikachu’s electricity comes from its pouches for one thing, which implies a clearly close range fighter. Yoshi manly attacks from a distance unless he feels like feeding, which I don’t see how Pikachu will escape Yoshi’s insides, considering how Pikachu is pretty much the right size for him to munch on, and as far as attacking his insides go, the fact that Yoshi can handle spikes, fire (from lava), ice, and so on just fine in his digestion makes me think Pikachu is ****ed if it is munched on.
Pikachu has plenty of range on its lightning as shown many times in the spin off and 3D games. And why you think so lightly about paralysis. There is no denying it isn't real paralysis at all. It might just be temporary paralysis yeah, but it'll limit Yoshi just as much as any Pokemon character would.

But yeah, Pikachu has the right size to get eaten by Yoshi indeed. Still, how safe would it be for Yoshi to get his tongue around Pikachu?

Also, you keep acting like the paralysis in pokemon is like EB’s actual Paralysis where characters can clearly be ****ed unless they have some mental attacks, but it is clear that all it does is just slow you down, and randomly stun you.
In EB iirc paralysis heals itself as well. It just works different.

If by counter any argument you mean to just ignore everything Wario does (good job with the running across water thing, saying it doesn’t count despite the fact that Wario in other games can hit speeds like that w/o a pipe) then yes I guess you’ve countered the argument pretty well.
Then what didn't I cover according to you? As far as I know, everything you said about Wario's abilities I countered with one of DK's abilities. Besides, I still don't see how Wario would get past the sound wave attack of DK.

How is DK stronger? Wario can remove large chucks of land with his shock wave only.
Where did he do that? Video please?

So DK didn't moved or destroyed chucks of land. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to do so. I've shown you vids before on how DK could destroy meteors with his sound wave attack for example. Where exactly has Wario stopped projectiles many times larger than him with the same effort DK does (by just clapping his hands or beating his chest) ??

You see, your smart. You ask the right questions. But that doesn't mean your right.

Wario also shows off incredible acrobatic skills such as seen in that clown boss I’ve shown a few times, sense when can DK spin that fast?
In just about any apperance he made DK has shown acrobatic skills many times better than what Wario did there. I'm not bothering explaining this to you. If you actually just watched one video of Jungle Beat, you'd know DK >>>> Wario in acrobatics. Hence the whole combo system in JB.

You seem to think that the sound wave is this magic attack all that stops Wario, but you don’t seem to be aware that the blast really only works with projectiles (and even then not all of them), so how come you don’t see that the blast has two parts of it? The red part is really nothing more than DK’s arm range which is why that part is stronger in the 1st place.
That's completely true, at least, the last part. It indeed has two parts, and the last being DK's direct arm reach. That doesn't mean I'm not right though. As the outside part especially has shown to be able to reflect projectiles, stun enemies / keep them at bay and stop meteors for example. The inner part is more for catching things thrown at DK or collecting bananas in a combo, especially the last one.

Oh and please tell me what makes you think DK could take Wario when he is under the effects of a mega mushroom like Mario? (Yes, he can use them in case you’ve missed that, SM64DS)
Outlast him with Going Bananas, or the Crystal Stars? Or Strong Kong? Invincibility > power ups.

Wario actually has a chance vs. Mario and beating him as far as canon goes as far as his growth has gone as a character, DK is royally ****ed with someone like that.
No, Wario loses just as badly to Mario as DK would. Taken that DK would lose in the first place (which Mario vs Donkey Kong actually wouldn't suggest).

Both characters actually would have a decent chance me thinks.

Why do you care about my username? ^_^
Dunno, not everyone has such a bland username as me. :p

The orbs on that shield also protect from critical hits, destroy any terrain bonus Roy would have, up Marth’s critical hit, dodge rate, hit rate, and it’s not like Marth still can’t attack from a distance as well, oh and if you don’t kill him fast enough he full heals with the life orb, plus I still want to know why the other orbs wouldn’t make it to the point where Roy and others wouldn’t harm Marth at all due to mind control (unless there is some protection from the Sword of Seals I don’t know about along with that +5 defense/resistance), but whatever.
So, even though the Orbs are forged into the Shield of Seals, they still have full effect on Marth? I didn't made that out from your earlier posts really..

But well, if Marth heals every turn and Roy can't one shot him seeing as he can't critical him, Marth should've beaten Roy indeed.

Canon wise Shield > Sword as well.
I'm thinking they're on about the same level but whatever.

Oh and as far as remaking FE3 goes, I’m at an even ground. For one thing I hate remakes because most of the time they only seem to be an exact copy of the same game, but with better graphics and the like, and only doing a few things to fix them. However, on the other hand, I can see what a good remake can give:

That game is awesome btw.
That game was called A Boy and his Blob right? Never got to play it but I've read that it was good.

I like how they're remaking the Japanese games, cause officially we never got to play them. Shadow Dragon felt a bit empty though compared to the earlier FE games, but I'm hoping that they'll fix that in this game.

Hopefully they'll remake FE4 and 5 as well! I wouldn't mind seeing FE4 on the Wii for example.

_clinton

Smash Master
Yeah I dunno about that either. That is just something that really can't be explained.
It really isn’t any different from something like Super Nova in FF7, please explain how Sephiroth is destroying our galaxy with that move in one turn but story wise only the “meteor” magic is a story threat?

Does Quick Attack take priority over it? Didn't knew that. Never actually used the move in game (haven't played Pokemon in years now).
No big deal

Anybody got a priority list of Pokemon moves?
Yep:
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/priority.php

Oh and as far as “priority” goes how do you measure something like that when you are talking about non RPG games?
Or even “non strategy” RPG games like EB? Plus even strategy RPGs like FE have different game mechanics than pokemon.

Oh and as you can see, Me 1st’s speed is entirely depended on the user’s speed stat.

I'm not sure if I understand the last thing you said. What exactly is a fair trade?
Simple, you disagree with me on something, but agree with me on another thing. ^_^

For example, a Fearow forgetting how to use Peck, but learns Drill Peck instead but.. yeah it's not making much sence.
I’m glad you can see that, hope you know that “drill peck” and “peck” aren’t the only moves that the 4 move limit doesn’t make sense for (again I’ve said this though).

I'm not sure anymore why Lucas shouldn't get that power. For all I care he can have it now. Actually, it makes just as much sence as Ike having his blessing. Both characters most likely lose those powers not long after the end game but whatever...
Why would Lucas lose a power that is his? Again if someone like Lucas or Ness is going to lose the main bulk of their power, then pretty much there should be some other characters that deserve it more. Ike’s blessing is clearly linked only to Yune, but Lucas’ power is said to be his.

Porky got in the super safe capsule, and that was the only reason he could've survived. Lucas having pity for him or not. Could be both though. But I doubt that even if Lucas wouldn't care, Porky would've died.
The “super safe capsule” was a lie as for who was “safe” from it though, in that everyone was in truth “safe” from him.

Pikachu has plenty of range on its lightning as shown many times in the spin off and 3D games.
How much range?

And why you think so lightly about paralysis. There is no denying it isn't real paralysis at all. It might just be temporary paralysis yeah, but it'll limit Yoshi just as much as any Pokemon character would.
A slight stun for based off how long it lasts is a reason for why I don’t see why it is a big deal for a Yoshi, who can pretty much take as much abuse as Mario.

But yeah, Pikachu has the right size to get eaten by Yoshi indeed. Still, how safe would it be for Yoshi to get his tongue around Pikachu?
Ever see what some of the foes Yoshi eats are? I just pointed out earlier that he can take lava pretty much in his system.

In EB iirc paralysis heals itself as well. It just works different.
Paralysis is a major status effect in EB, it doesn’t just “heal itself” the thing requires the 3rd highest level of healing to restore feeling for. The other things that get cured by healing are “stone” and “KOed.”

Then what didn't I cover according to you? As far as I know, everything you said about Wario's abilities I countered with one of DK's abilities. Besides, I still don't see how Wario would get past the sound wave attack of DK.
Why would Wario be bugged by the sound wave? I said before that stuff like that doesn’t bug him. The sound wave itself is only useful for stopping projectiles, which like I said Wario has ways of stopping them as well. As far as foes go DK’s hands actually have to get around foes.

Where did he do that? Video please?
When has DK destroyed YouTube?
http://www.youtube.com/wariolandshakeit2008

^_^

(Oh and watch what his shock wave punch does in the video anyway)

Oh and the 1st boss of that game is a living chuck of land as well, guess what Wario does to him?
Also in Wario Land 3 you destroy a huge chunk of land to access Turtle Rock on that map as well.

I've shown you vids before on how DK could destroy meteors with his sound wave attack for example. Where exactly has Wario stopped projectiles many times larger than him with the same effort DK does (by just clapping his hands or beating his chest) ??
Everything gets called a "meteor" these days? I don’t know if being in a “fire level” should count as that. I’m pretty sure a coconut being thrown at him being but “covered in electricity” is really nothing more than a coconut as well. But whatever, it’s not like DK just reflects everything with the shock wave, pretty sure cannon fire beats it.

In just about any apperance he made DK has shown acrobatic skills many times better than what Wario did there.
Sense when has DK launched himself as a canon ball just from using a pole again?

Plus how is DK showing more acrobatic skills than Wario? Wario has been shown to swing on vines like Mario does in SMG (as in to the point where he launches himself with them), climb ropes, and so on as well, just that he does it on a totally different level from DK.

DK has to avoid “hitting the ground” in JB for that combo system, it’s not like he isn’t getting help with some of those from animal friends for a lot of that though, fun fact, Wario has animal “friends” as well because of his hypnosis powers.

Which I still want to know why that wouldn’t work on DK?

The only thing I’ve seen DK do that Wario has never done is “wall jump,” which doesn’t mean much when Wario can run straight up the ****ing walls.

Outlast him with Going Bananas, or the Crystal Stars? Or Strong Kong? Invincibility > power ups.
What do you think a mega mushroom is counted as in the games that it shows up in? Or metal Wario? Or Wario’s regenerative abilities in general?

Remember me saying that the word “invincibility” is common as dirt in games and shouldn't mean **** when you can explain it as something else?

No, Wario loses just as badly to Mario as DK would.
Funny, he has beat him in the past you know, ever play Mario & Wario? His 1st appearance he has been beat for whatever reason (even though in his 1st playable game he makes up for that even then), but these days both Mario and Wario have been placed on a totally different level than DK. **** the only way DK is a “threat” to Mario is if the people making the games seem to limit his abilities it seems to the point of BS such as with MvDK (got to love how falls kill Mario in those games).

Dunno, not everyone has such a bland username as me. :p
Well, my username isn’t made for any fan boyish reasons, just saying.

So, even though the Orbs are forged into the Shield of Seals, they still have full effect on Marth?
They hold off an entire army of dragons and dispel a ****load of magic made by the big bad of the game. They clearly are all working on Marth canon wise.

But well, if Marth heals every turn and Roy can't one shot him seeing as he can't critical him, Marth should've beaten Roy indeed.
Good.

I'm thinking they're on about the same level but whatever.
The shield with all of the orbs gameplay wise has been shown to do:
-Prevent Critical hits
-Remove buffs from other foes such as ones from terrain-as in makes it impossible to “hide in a “forest” in this case
-Protects from mind control powers
-Protects the user from various forms of damage
-Buffs hit and dodge rates of user
-Gives a cure whenever
-Make unbreakable gear
-Allow mind control
-Steal from the foe
-A huge stat gaining rate (as in it increases the growth rate of stats)

And story wise like I said it is pretty much holding Marth's world together and saving it from dying.

Roy's sword gives gameplay wise:
-A ranged attack
-A heal option that pretty much is equal to 1/2 his life end game wise
-A pretty nice defense and resistance boost
-A class change in the 1st place to symbolize his increase in power

Story wise it is allowing him to fight on a level he couldn't ever reach (Eliwood's story also confirms this), and is one of the few things responsible for ****ing his world chances are. Too bad the world ****ing isn't going to happen without all of the equipment though. So, how is that the same as Marth's Shield (or even the sword to a point because of that back story, but who cares about that now?) canon wise or even game play wise?

That game was called A Boy and his Blob right?
Yes.

I like how they're remaking the Japanese games, cause officially we never got to play them. Shadow Dragon felt a bit empty though compared to the earlier FE games, but I'm hoping that they'll fix that in this game.
Shadow Dragon only felt empty because Nintendo when remaking games for the most part doesn’t think to really change much of anything, which is why I liked A boy and his Blob, because like I said it is an example of a remake done to the point where you really wouldn’t find anything in common with the NES version of it but still has parts of that NES game in it.

Plus it is less than $20 now as well, because unlike Nintendo, some people will actually lower the price of games that have been out for a while. Did I mention that things like that make my blood boil as well?

How is a plane going to take down Pit before he shoots it down himself.
How fast do you think Pit can fly or shoot that bow anyway? Oh and again, Wario has more than one mode of Flight, I'm pretty sure a Jet cap, Wicked Wario form, Eagle Cap, or King Dragon cap will make Pit stay on the ground, or just shooting at Pit himself.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Current Match-Up:
PIKACHU Vs. DONKEY KONG

Pikachu Vs. Donkey Kong

:pikachu: Vs :dk2:

Loser's Round 6, Match 6.

Vs.

Sorry for the delay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Raizen, if you read this Marth vs Roy needs a change. Marth should've won that cause the Shield of Seals severly limits Roy. Roy cannot use his ranged options with his Sword of Seals, and Marth gains a little extra points in several stats.

I say DK should win this btw. He's physically far too strong for Pikachu to handle and more durable as well. Pikachu's lightning attacks are powerful however, but DK could probably endure more hits from Pika, than Pika could take from DK. Especially up close.

_clinton I'll reply to your post in a bit.

_clinton

Smash Master
Why on earth is Pit vs. Wario a draw? O.o

Oh and DK for current.

Raizen, if you read this Marth vs Roy needs a change. Marth should've won that cause the Shield of Seals severly limits Roy. Roy cannot use his ranged options with his Sword of Seals, and Marth gains a little extra points in several stats.
Oh and canon wise the shield is just more powerful as well. Of course w/e, its not like TC changes match ups that often.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it's cause Pit clearly beats Wario from affar, but Wario owns Pit badly up close. Though, that could be said about many character's matchups. Though, I'm leaning more towards Wario actually cause he has options of both ranged and melee combat. What can Wario do against Pit's arrows anyway?

Marth vs Roy = Marth as the winner indeed. I do think Ike still could beat Marth however. The Shield of Seals wouldn't stop Aether me thinks. Ike's other skills also would give him an almost unfair advantage over Marth, who of coarse doesn't have them.

_clinton

Smash Master
Though, I'm leaning more towards Wario actually cause he has options of both ranged and melee combat. What can Wario do against Pit's arrows anyway?
Like I said before, Cosmic Wario form can just shoot Pit from afar with his laser if need be like Pit or if Wario needs to hide from something he can create barriers with Arty Wario, he can also heal and attack from a distance in this form as well.

The disadvantage is that while in Arty Wario form his mobility is an issue because of carting around art supplies, and concentration on painting is also an issue (for the player at least), but he can transform into other forms at the drop of a hat, and that is how long it takes to create offense/defense as this form as well, bringing art to life, he just has to paint it! That is the gimmick with this form.

Pit is clearly going to have issues with something that can block off his arrows and attack from a distance as well.

Plus again, there is the fact that Wario is faster by far (still better than DK, I remind you also that again Wario can jump like Mario can pretty much, and has power ups such as the one in Wario Land 3 that increase his mobility naturally as well beyond the super human stuff he has as well), stronger by far (Better than DK who I personally want to know why he would beat Mario in this these days), more durable by far (Better than DK) normally as well. So having items that are better than Pit's (again, the same with DK) says something more.

Still want to know how Wario is losing with Diddy and Pikachu still according to TC's post.

The Shield of Seals wouldn't stop Aether me thinks.
Where is Ike's protection from mind **** again in game? Why couldn't Marth just take control over Ike with the dark orb?

Ike's other skills also would give him an almost unfair advantage over Marth, who of coarse doesn't have them.
I blame game mechanics and the fact that Marth is from older games which is making you think that is why Marth would lose despite the fact that canon wise his threat is a bit larger than Ike's at least from my view. Marth does more than just "trade hits" with the other side you know. Just saying, they don't show the battles that well in FE you know which is a problem with many RPGs, because of things like this showing up:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfPerception

Of course, I hope I really didn't have to explain this, I mean just look at things like how bows work in the games!

Still, things like "skills" help let you at least "imagine" what is going on better at the least, you have to like how the "chance of activation" is a bad example of a game mechanic though for a real look at this (it's about as bad as 4 move limit in pokemon).

Just saying, if we go by the game mechanics of both games, it is bad for both characters, how are you going to take into account things like chance when another characters skills are activated 100% of the time?

Anyway, going on with my main point and not just *****ing about examples of bad game mechanics being taken as serious.

The end of the world because of it's decay and the fact that such a thing is causing dragons to go insane even including god dragons > 1/2 a god in personality at least who is the symbol of order who needs a reminder that bringing life back to life is hardly "order" and is a by far a ***** than compared to her real form of chaos. Yes, Yune is the real form and proof that "growing up sucks" in Ike's games. However, maybe I'm just looking too deep into stuff like this.

All three FE characters are pretty much are in a war dealing with some "power hungry fool" at whatever point at the least though. Granted their reasons for the wars seem to vary of course, "sub-human" and various terms like it in Ike's case for example, and Roy's is because the guy wants humanity dead because that guy's father was a ****er.

Also on another note, if Ness and Lucas weren't packing the power of creation in their belts at the end of their games like they do though, I would think Ninten from EB0/M1 would beat them. Despite not having a "combo system" or "rolling HP" and very low stats for his game in general compared to them and his foes, feel free to ask why though.

Top Bottom