• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. Canon Tournament! (Mario Vs. ????) - 06/14/10

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Now if an invincible attack and an invincible defense clash at each other, what would happen?
You'd have Infinity divided by Zero.....or Chuck Norris vs Mr. T.....or Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf.

Something like that, I imagine. Probably followed by I AM ERROR.

:034:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
There's no way of confirming this. After Ike use the last of Yune's spirit energy to defeat Ashera for the final strike, Yune's spirit energy left out of Ike's sword and body then restored the world. However it's not said that he was invincible, even though after Yune's spirit energy is inside Ike, Ashera can still attack him and damage him. At the same time, it hasn't been confirmed he wasn't invincible, but Yune's blessings alone only gave the power to the weapons so that doesn't count, and Ike's final strike scene means he is assisted with the Yune and that's banned in this thread. I don't know anymore. :urg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yfWCr55vA

What are you talking about? Ike and friends got blessed before they fought the king of Goldoa (who is blessed himself).

Of course Ashera is able to hurt Ike. SHE IS THE GODDESS WHO GIVES ALL THE BLESSINGS. And also the power-up Ike got at the end of the game is fully legit. The OP says god/goddesses are allowed. Besides it is only banned if an another chracter teams up with someone or aid him/her. But she gave only her power to Ike so it is legit.

The blessing of Yune should have the same effect like the blessing of Ashera. Everyone was blessed in the end so it is normal that Ike and friends got hurt by the enemys since they were blessed themselves. The Black Knight couldnt be harmed by mortal assaults in PoR because his armor was blessed by Ashera.
That was stated several times btw.

Ashera and Yune are basically the same goddesses with different attributes since they were once ONE goddess with the name Ashunera. She split into two goddesses(Yune is chaos and Ashera is order) because of her emotions.
I think I dont need to say more.

@Ganonsburg: So either nothing or infinity will happen. Sounds interesting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We don't know if this blessing was equal or similair to the Black Knight's invincibility in PoR. Ike and crew never faced "regular" enemies after their blessing anyway. >_>; Which makes me think he could easily be hurt by all these characters. Besides, Yune left Ike after his final blow on Ashera.

Just like Lucas for example can't have ZOMGAPOLOCLYSE powers, Ike cannot have ZOMGINVINCIBILITY, which we don't know he had in the first place. <_<

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
A very simple way to end the Ike debate is to note that he, nor his team, had the Mantle skill, which was exclusive to Dhesgi-wtf, Lehran, and Ashera.

Storyline wise, it can be interpreted either way, but factually we can say Ike is an overpowered human with an overpowered blessing. Invincibility never came to mind honestly, since it was never directly stated.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's never stated that Ike cannot be hurt by enemies not blessed, so he shouldn't be invincible. Ike's invincibility = speculation, which aren't facts.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE HERO OF TIME Vs. THE MASKED STRANGER

Link Vs. Metaknight

:link2: Vs. :metaknight:,

Loser's Round 5, Match 8.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Meta Knight would win. Meta Knight moves too fast for Link to react against him. >.<
If you think Meta Knight's fast, wait until you see him use Meta Quick. =P

I don't know crap about LoZ, but I know a lot of crap about Kirby.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Just how fast does Meta Knight move? Link can abuse Nayru's Love... maybe. If Meta Knight is too fast and too small, Link won't be able to hit him very efficiently, correct?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bombs would work I'm sure. But what about the Halberd? Can Link take that down?

Also, why has Snake won vs. Pit? Doesn't Pit have like... much much more stamina compared to Snake?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmm I wonder. Couldn't Link maybe take down the Halberd with Bomb Arrows? I mean, relatively the Halberd must be pretty small to Link. Maybe Link would be able to climb on top of it with his Claw/Hookshot?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Isn't the Halberd like, GIGANTIC, even compared to larger characters? And to destroy the Halberd, you have to take its reactor down, right? I'd bet Link couldn't even reach the Halberd.

Snake beats Pit because...I'm not sure. Infinite Rocket Launcher/bullets/grenades/accuracy/whatever. Pits arrow travel in a straight line, right? Snake could run around and stuff... maybe. I don't know, we didn't have input on those sides.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Halberd is more than 5x the size of King Dedede's castle, which is pretty big. Also something intresting when I played Kirby Squeak Squad, (for the 36th time), it seems that Halberd is still functional, I don't know when or how, but it is. The designs is a little diffrent, but it can fly into space.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
If this is an 1vs1 fight than Link would win since he has a good arsenal of weapons that overpower MK. BUT he has his Halberd. The Halberd is Meta Knights key to victory here. The Combo Cannon gives Link trouble and there is no way he can reach the Halberd except when it is landing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Meta Knight can use Mach Tornado for a swift attack, and can't be hurt while in Mach Tornado, let's not forget the Super Tornado, but that takes him a while to charge in use. His sword stratagies out matches Sword Kirby. Galaxia is more powerful than you think, he's able to use Meta Quick, Heal, Summon Knight, and Mach Tornado damage steps are similer to Crash Kirby but a bit more powerful.

_clinton

Smash Master
Please leave the Lord out of this.
I can’t tell if you are serious about this statement…but just in case…this stuff is what I mean when I say “word of god”
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_Order
http://mother3.fobby.net/interview/index.html
http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/theman/interviews/index.shtml
http://www.metroid-database.com/?g=features&p=faq

I don’t mean god as in “god” I mean…the “guys” who “made the stuff” we just so happen to be debating about…

There isn't anything philosophical about them really. =/
Are you really going to try and tell me there isn’t anything like that in the Mother series? Really?

Here is the start of the game’s logo in Mother 3:

Here is the ending logo of Mother 3 when you beat the game:

Are you going to try and tell me there is no meaning behind this?
Please try if you want to…

Your seriously bringing up stuff way too farfetched, like Ness and Lucas having control of ****ing space and time for example... Wtf?
I wonder how many times I’ll have to post this…Kumatora says that the power of the dragon…has control over things like time…and considering how Lucas absorbs that power…please do the math ^_^
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/914622/42740
Kumatora: Long ago I heard this from Ionia: When the dragon sleeping under
the island wakes, all life and all time will be reborn.
Oh and considering how there are psychic’s in the game already who are able to freeze time in specific spots (Ionia for starters)…it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out what is going on in Mother 3…

And how are characters as Wario, Mario and Donkey Kong not invincible while they obviously show in game they are?
Do you even pay attention to how those powers are set up in the 1st place?

For example the games that have Wario flat out completely invincible (as in nothing will ever kill the guy) have other ways that you will end up losing those games…like for example in boss fights…the boss’ goal is to “knock” you out of the arena in some way…because…even though Wario will never die…that doesn’t mean he can’t be beat in some way…until he comes back at least…

How about the DK games? Notice how they give you “invincibility” whenever you are going to need it to beat something the game designers put in the game? Like for example…crossing “hot lava” in DK64…they give you the strong kong barrel to start it up…but notice how they won’t let you take strong kong anywhere except for in that area? Even when you have an unlimited amount of Crystal Coconuts…the game will just turn it off on you…it is clearly made by the developers to have a fake purpose in the game…after all…you’ve never seen DK use invincibility in any cut scenes have you?

The idea of invincibility like those two examples I just brought up…are clearly put in games for the purpose of having the player have some sort of challenge of some type…and then there is the concept of things like “mercy invincibility” or when you are immune to harm when you hit something…or another form of mercy invincibility is when you can turn on a “powered-up” state (like going bananas) to help you out…things like that are clearly meant to help get the player into a “safe place” away from damage zones…
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MercyInvincibility

You say because they're in platform games, so it shouldn't count.
No…I’m saying that it’s most common in platform games…as in…games where you take damage from running into things…it’s rare in RPGs to have something like that for a reason…mainly because you won’t die if you scratch up against a “thorny bush” or “touch lava” in those games under normal circumstances…you’ll just take damage in the worse case…

But wasn't this thread meant for characters to stay true to their games?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation
For the 9001 time…Game mechs. =/= game canon

There is a clear difference between being true to the games than compared to taking everything that happens in a game as serious…
-Mario shrinking when he gets hit in 90% of the platform games is a game mech. He isn’t going to die in 1-3 hits people…
-Sonic losing all of his rings (or just a certain amount these days) is just a game mech.
-Link’s heart containers are just a game mech.
-Samus’ energy tanks are just a game mech.
-Ness/Lucas’ rolling HP and Lucas’ music combo is just a game mech. PP is a game mech. as well
-Any bloody health bar is a game mech.

Still…that doesn’t mean they don’t mean anything…just that any clear measurement between them out of game compared to others is impossible w/o any real facts between them…after all…what does having 9000 HP mean?
-Mario picking up a mushroom/fire flower/starman…does make him stronger…and his strength has been demonstrated in game (picking up a castle and throwing it for starters)
-Samus’ energy tanks are a clear example of her suits reserve strength
-Ness/Lucas HP is just a measurement of how much they can take…and PP is a measurement of their psychic power strength in game…as in…how do you restore this stuff? (Hint: Sleeping)

You know all this invincibility talk reminds me on how the chinese word for contradiction was created.

In the ancient country of Chu there was a weapons merchant with a small shop in the market. One day he went into the street to sell some spears and shields. He held up a shield and said to the crowd gathered around him, "This is the toughest shield in the world. Nothing, no matter how sharp, can ever penetrate it."

Then he held up a spear, and said: "This is the sharpest spear under heaven. No matter how tough something is, this spear can slice right through it."

The onlookers heard this and laughed. One of them asked him, "Well then, if your spear is thrust at your shield, what happens?"

The weapons dealer had no answer, and left looking discouraged.
Now if an invincible attack and an invincible defense clash at each other, what would happen?
Finally…someone else who is talking about this ^_^

Oh…and MK’s swordplay > Link’s just to start…
MK has supersonic swordplay…as in he is swinging that thing at 700 MPH or so…according to Sakurai…

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Vs.

Current Match-Up:
THE BOUNTY HUNTER Vs. THE SWORDSMAN

Zero Suit Samus Vs. Roy

:zerosuitsamus: Vs. :roymelee:

Loser's Round 5, Match 9.

Overall Results

Wins +5:

:ganondorf:

Wins +4:

:samus2:, :ike:, :fox:, :ness2:

Wins +3:

:mario2:

Wins +2:

:bowser2:, :sonic:, :peach:, :luigi2:, :wolf:, :toonlink:, :younglinkmelee:

Wins +1:

:diddy:, :mewtwo:, :lucas:, :snake:,:metaknight:

Neutral:

:falco:, :pt:,, :lucario:

Loss -1:

:wario:, :pikachu:, :pichu:, :dk2:, :kirby2:, :pit:, :link2:

Loss -2:

:zerosuitsamus:, :roymelee:, :marth:, :falcon:, :dedede:

Loss -3:

:zelda:, :jigglypuff:, :yoshi2:

Loss -4:

:olimar:, :gw:

Loss -5:

:popo:

Loss -6:

:rob:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You'd have Infinity divided by Zero.....or Chuck Norris vs Mr. T.....or Captain Falcon vs Ganondorf.

Something like that, I imagine. Probably followed by I AM ERROR.

:034:
You would have the irresistible force versus the immovable object, the impenetrable shield and the spear that can pierce through any shield. What you get is something that is both illogical and physically impossible.

_clinton

Smash Master
You would have the irresistible force versus the immovable object, the impenetrable shield and the spear that can pierce through any shield. What you get is something that is both illogical and physically impossible.
:psycho:

Probably because having a irresistible force and an immovable object in the 1st place is illogical and physically impossible...

Best. Discussion. Ever.
K...

A. Zamus has "above normal human" traits even w/o her suit and is packing a 'futuristic' stun gun...
-she happens to be packing the most "above average" stats in the agility department for starters if I was going to measure anything at all as 'the best of her stats'
-she can survive in harsh environments (Zebes isn't pretty even w/o factoring in all the lava pools)
-she is an expert marksman on top of this (just saying...she can use that gun)

B. Roy has a powerful 'magic' sword...and is a perceptive and cunning battle technician...with a heart of gold
-I wouldn't put him in the 'average human mark' as well when it comes to strength, speed, and all that jazz:

-said sword is just as 'awesome' at long range attacks as it is at close range attacks...so Zamus isn't the only one with long range weaponry...in fact...this is what else was sealed with the sword for starters:
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse

Zamus or Roy has this IMO...

or it's a tie if you didn't get that remark ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm thinking however Roy's much stronger. Zero Suit Samus has got pretty bad defences, and Roy's sword isn't limited to close ranged attacks.

_clinton

Smash Master
I'm thinking however Roy's much stronger. Zero Suit Samus has got pretty bad defences, and Roy's sword isn't limited to close ranged attacks.
What makes you think:
A. Roy's much stronger?
B. Zamus has bad defences?

Maybe you missed the part when I said Samus was beyond human limits before getting her suit because of her Chozo DNA...

Also...I'm aware Roy's sword isn't limited to close ranged attacks...but what makes you think the stun gun is more limited in range than said holy fire attack from sword?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What makes you think:
A. Roy's much stronger?
B. Zamus has bad defences?

Maybe you missed the part when I said Samus was beyond human limits before getting her suit because of her Chozo DNA...

Also...I'm aware Roy's sword isn't limited to close ranged attacks...but what makes you think the stun gun is more limited in range than said holy fire attack from sword?
Same could be asked about much of your matchup ideas. Saying for example Lucas could use PK to control everyone suggest you think Lucas is much more powerful than any other character here. But besides that... let me explain myself then.

A: Roy is much stronger because he could actually kill ****. When he (finally) promotes, he's likely your strongest unit in FE6 thanks to his Sword of Seals. He kills the final dragon bosses easily with it.
B: Zamus HAS bad defences go and play Zero Mission. <_< Space Pirates do zomg damage to her, almost like 2 energy tanks or something? And she's beat nothing special, except for that eye ball thing that made you recover your Power Suit.

The stunner likely has more range than Roy's sword. However, the only thing that means is that it'll last a little longer for Roy to kill Zamus. Stunner does no damage, Roy's fire does.

EDIT: And seeing the things Roy kills with his sword, he blast from it would likely be a OHKO on Zamus.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
B: Zamus HAS bad defences go and play Zero Mission. <_< Space Pirates do zomg damage to her, almost like 2 energy tanks or something?
Samus loses 1 Energy Tank each hit. In Zero Mission, she had a total of 12 Energy Tanks, but we can make it 20. Not that it would matter anyway. Then again, the Space Pirates might have a pretty powerful beam weapon. After all, even when you're suited up with the Gravity Suit, it takes two hits to reduce one of Samus' Energy Tanks. Then again, the defense of the Gravity Suit in MZM is 50%, whereas the Varia Suit does 20%. This does not conform to the previous Metroid games. This is probably because in the original Metroid, the Varia Suit was the only upgrade for Samus' Power Suit, and it gave her 50% damage reduction.

And she's beat nothing special, except for that eye ball thing that made you recover your Power Suit.
That's called the Spirit of Ordeal, and it's not an "eye ball."

The stunner likely has more range than Roy's sword. However, the only thing that means is that it'll last a little longer for Roy to kill Zamus. Stunner does no damage, Roy's fire does.
I have nothing to confirm the match being in Samus' favor when she's suitless.

_clinton

Smash Master
Same could be asked about much of your matchup ideas. Saying for example Lucas could use PK to control everyone suggest you think Lucas is much more powerful than any other character here. But besides that... let me explain myself then.
I'm not saying it...the game itself is saying it in regards to the power...when will you get that? It's kind of hard to NOT say Lucas' PK can doom/save everything when he has a 'world + altering' power people...that is brought up as a 'world + altering' power at least 5 times in the game itself...and then backed up by the same guy who bloody made the game...

A: Roy is much stronger because he could actually kill ****. When he (finally) promotes, he's likely your strongest unit in FE6 thanks to his Sword of Seals. He kills the final dragon bosses easily with it.
Roy isn't the only character that can kill the final 'dragon boss' w/o much effort...oh and canon wise...you need an army to take the thing on...or at least what the game gives you...I like how people forget that FE doesn't canon wise have "one man army's" the game mechs just do a better job at making some characters broken 'for the player's sake' if anything (of course some characters like the lord are excused I guess...why wouldn't you have a ****** fighter...who's survival depends on getting a game over screen or not?)

Oh...and I love Roy's class change don't you?

B: Zamus HAS bad defences go and play Zero Mission. <_<
Fun fact: I have played it...

Space Pirates do zomg damage to her, almost like 2 energy tanks or something? And she's beat nothing special, except for that eye ball thing that made you recover your Power Suit.
Oh I'm sorry...I had no idea that the space pirates firing "plasma based piercing beam weapons" and doing zomg damage to her is a sign of weakness...I mean...these are only Ridley's personal guards that Samus is evading...you know...the best of the best...

The Stunner does no damage...to a race of people who are elite pirates who chances are have pretty good armor on...I'm pretty sure a stunner loading someone with electricity would be potentially harmful to a human though...of course...the stunner is meant to be used in emergency only...

Of course...what makes you think that logically...while Roy is "stunned" Zamus wouldn't just do something like disarm him or the like?

Really people...I have to question why you think that canon wise...Zamus can't do any damage just because she is fighting a group of people that overall have the weapon, base, and just overall + on her...

How hard is it to think she couldn't just 'punch' Roy or whoever else is under the 'stunned' status?

EDIT: And seeing the things Roy kills with his sword, he blast from it would likely be a OHKO on Zamus.
Yeah...I'm sure about that...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not saying it...the game itself is saying it in regards to the power...when will you get that? It's kind of hard to NOT say Lucas' PK can doom/save everything when he has a 'world + altering' power people...that is brought up as a 'world + altering' power at least 5 times in the game itself...and then backed up by the same guy who bloody made the game...
Yeah... so I was right all the time that you think Mother 3's "canon" > every other games canon wasn't I?

This is kinda like saying Mario should win every match up, because if he jumps on someones head he'll break their skulls. Never happend in game, but still...

Roy isn't the only character that can kill the final 'dragon boss' w/o much effort...oh and canon wise...you need an army to take the thing on...
**** that, this is by staying true to the games. Roy kills that gaint thing in 2 hits.

or at least what the game gives you...I like how people forget that FE doesn't canon wise have "one man army's" the game mechs just do a better job at making some characters broken 'for the player's sake' if anything
(of course some characters like the lord are excused I guess...why wouldn't you have a ****** fighter...who's survival depends on getting a game over screen or not?)[/quote]

Yeah, but Ike, Marth and Roy are all lords thus they stay true to their mechanics I'd say.

Oh...and I love Roy's class change don't you?
Yeah, but it's far too late. 20 uses for the Sword of Seals sucks as well.

Fun fact: I have played it...
I knew that. But everytime I say something about Mother 3 you'll tell me to play the game which I also did.

Oh I'm sorry...I had no idea that the space pirates firing "plasma based piercing beam weapons" and doing zomg damage to her is a sign of weakness...
It is considering how much less it does with her suit on.

I mean...these are only Ridley's personal guards that Samus is evading...you know...the best of the best...
Roy fought dragons who could control the whole continent as stated by the game's canon. Would say that says something as well right? He's killed the elite guard of pretty much any nation in the continent.

Samus only avoided them without her suit.

The Stunner does no damage...to a race of people who are elite pirates who chances are have pretty good armor on...I'm pretty sure a stunner loading someone with electricity would be potentially harmful to a human though...of course...the stunner is meant to be used in emergency only...
So it does no damage, thank you.

Of course...what makes you think that logically...while Roy is "stunned" Zamus wouldn't just do something like disarm him or the like?
Then Roy can attack using another sword? Durandal comes into mind.

Really people...I have to question why you think that canon wise...Zamus can't do any damage just because she is fighting a group of people that overall have the weapon, base, and just overall + on her...
The stunner is weak. It wouldn't do much damage against anyone except Olimar, R.O.B & G&W.

How hard is it to think she couldn't just 'punch' Roy or whoever else is under the 'stunned' status?
Yeah, so he could stab her through her hearth after that? Staying true to game mechanics is much more simple.

Yeah...I'm sure about that...

It kills a gaint dragon in 2 hits who's got the power to control the continent. Seems pretty strong to me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It seems that the Emergency Pistol may be able to harm humans. When Samus is in the room with the Spirit of Ordeal, if she fails to hit the orb on time, she takes damage. The Space Pirates, however, are usually protected by armor. I mean, they can go into the lava in Chozodia without dying.

As for controlling a continent, I don't think I would be really worried about that. The Space Pirates take control over various planets, and not to mention, they killed all but Samus on planet K-2L.

_clinton

Smash Master
Yeah... so I was right all the time that you think Mother 3's "canon" > every other games canon wasn't I?
So...did you forget one of my earlier posts pointing out that at least like 1/2 the cast for SSBB has powers that could destroy everything?

This is kinda like saying Mario should win every match up, because if he jumps on someones head he'll break their skulls. Never happend in game, but still...
Mario jumping on his foes is overall and taking damage from touching them is in large a game mech except for the part where his finesse is seen as why he is a hero in the 1st place (the games are aware of his jumping skills sense like around Mario RPG)

Do you get what I'm saying? If something is in the scripted story for the game (like Lucas' power being unlimited and all that other stuff)...than it is canon...

HP...offense, defense, speed, IQ, and all that other jazz...isn't important...what is important is what Lucas/Mario actually does in the SCRIPT for the game...not if their games are a FPS, RPG, Platformer, Strategy, Adventure, ect.

**** that, this is by staying true to the games. Roy kills that gaint thing in 2 hits.
Yeah, but Ike, Marth and Roy are all lords thus they stay true to their mechanics I'd say.
Yeah, but it's far too late. 20 uses for the Sword of Seals sucks as well.
You are aware that something like the Sword of Seals having 20 uses is a game mech.

But if you think it isn't...

Than you are aware that an Iron sword is more durable than it...along with steel, "brave", and whatever else I'm forgetting about right?

1st off...if you think that is BS...than I really have to explain how Iron<Steel
Steel is stronger, harder and lighter than iron...but the iron sword in the FE universe is more durable, and lighter for starters...

I knew that. But everytime I say something about Mother 3 you'll tell me to play the game which I also did.
Lets compare our differences in this...you are saying that Zamus has weak defenses...because you fail to get that she is at a horrible disadvantage for when you are playing as her...what with being in enemy territory w/o any good weapons for starters...so you tell me to play it...

But...the thing I'm *****ing at with you deals with actually canon script for Mother 3...as in...it seems like it is pretty hard to NOT get...

It is considering how much less it does with her suit on.
Because her suit’s armor is just that…armor…but still…you seem to not get that even though they do more damage to her w/o the suit…she certainly would take the hits better than a normal human would
You seem to not get that Samus is by far more durable than normal humans according to her canon…normal people could not survive on Zebes…but Samus can because of her gene pool being ****ed with…

Roy fought dragons who could control the whole continent as stated by the game's canon. Would say that says something as well right? He's killed the elite guard of pretty much any nation in the continent.
Roy’s ARMY fought dragons that could control the whole continent as stated by the game’s canon, using a bunch of weapons that beat them at the start of said game’s story in the 1st place…

You seem to think the FE characters in question are doing these things by themselves…the FE characters by in large have way more support backing them up than any other character in this thread…

Samus only avoided them without her suit.
Yeah…because she didn’t have the help of an army packing a bunch of legendary weapons with them…

So it does no damage, thank you.
The stunner is weak. It wouldn't do much damage against anyone except Olimar, R.O.B & G&W.
It does no damage to the heavily armed pirate in its own ship…thank you…and fun fact…it only stuns them to the point where she can get up in their face and run away before they even know what hit them in the 1st place…

Then Roy can attack using another sword? Durandal comes into mind.
Well…it certainly looks big enough…

Of course…unlike the Sword of Seals…which seems made for Roy…I’m pretty sure he couldn’t pack this one w/o noting how much of a ***** it seems to be to hold…of course…what makes you think Zamus couldn’t just take Roy’s swords and use them on him if she got a hold of them anyway? I don’t see them attached to Roy or anything like that…

Yeah, so he could stab her through her hearth after that? Staying true to game mechanics is much more simple.
Except you can’t stay true to the game mechs.
These characters come from completely different games in story, and mechs.

And you seemed to miss my point when I said she could “Punch” him…ever been hit by a taser before? Because that is pretty much what Samus’ emergency pistil is in the 1st place in case you can’t tell...you aren’t going to be getting up easily after being shocked just letting you know if you are a normal human (read…not a space pirate…in fact…I’m shocked Samus can still even move if she ends up “shooting herself” in said chozo trial…but I’m thinking that is because the Metroid canon is full of BS in the 1st place…like how you can’t kill Space Pirates with the taser in the 1st place…that is BS)

It kills a gaint dragon in 2 hits who's got the power to control the continent. Seems pretty strong to me.
Because it is “made” to kill dragons as in…game mechs for the game allow it to do extra damage to dragons…sort of how like bows do “extra” damage to flying characters…but not anything else…I’ll admit the sword is powerful…but a lot of that power seems to come from the game mechs. from a game where most of its end game bosses are nowhere near as much of a pain as some other things leading up to them (because…come on…why does it do extra damage to dragons? It seems to make sense on why some weapons do extra damage to certain things (like bows on flyers)…but do they give any other reason than “just because” when talking about dragons? I'm aware that the legendary weapons can harm a dragon's hide and have enough power to **** the world if put together...but come on...how come they don't do extra damage to everything else as well?)

*sneaks into thread...
Ohh Zero SUIT! Not Zero MMX Q_Q...

*crawls out the thread...
^_^

In all fairness…Zero would whoop Roy’s *** ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So...did you forget one of my earlier posts pointing out that at least like 1/2 the cast for SSBB has powers that could destroy everything?
Why should I remember everything you said? Why don't you just copy it here so I can read it?

Mario jumping on his foes is overall and taking damage from touching them is in large a game mech except for the part where his finesse is seen as why he is a hero in the 1st place (the games are aware of his jumping skills sense like around Mario RPG)
I'm just giving an example... <_< If Zero Suit Samus can now disarm people because that's "logical" but totally unrelated to her in game abilities then Mario I think should be breaking skulls.

Do you get what I'm saying? If something is in the scripted story for the game (like Lucas' power being unlimited and all that other stuff)...than it is canon...
So Fire Emblem characters should get a big boost (especially Ike) because they all become the most famous war generals / fighters in their continent.

It's cannon, because in the game there's always mention of some heroes of old, who fought the same ****, with the same weapons, centuries earlier. Your characters sorta become these heroes, and the only reason why you say that isn't true is because the game allows you to pick 90% of the fighters you use in the final battle yourself.

HP...offense, defense, speed, IQ, and all that other jazz...isn't important...what is important is what Lucas/Mario actually does in the SCRIPT for the game...not if their games are a FPS, RPG, Platformer, Strategy, Adventure, ect.
It is rather unimportant yeah, but in game abilities should count. I don't give a **** about how much HP, Offence or Speed Lucas, Mario or Pikachu have in their games it's their abilities and overall fighting powers in their own games.

That being said, Mewtwo vs Ness should change.

You are aware that something like the Sword of Seals having 20 uses is a game mech.

But if you think it isn't...
It could be... How long can a sword stay sharp or usable anyways? Are swords made in the 14th century still usable in these times?

Lets compare our differences in this...you are saying that Zamus has weak defenses...because you fail to get that she is at a horrible disadvantage for when you are playing as her...what with being in enemy territory w/o any good weapons for starters...so you tell me to play it...
Roy also isn't fighting regular human characters. Fire Emblem deffinatly makes huge gaps between the humans your fighting. In the first chapter you'll fight bandits and novice soldiers, but later on you'll be killing elite squads of powerful nations.

But...the thing I'm *****ing at with you deals with actually canon script for Mother 3...as in...it seems like it is pretty hard to NOT get...
So your still putting Mother 3's cannon higher than others, because you prefer it above the others. >_>

Because her suit’s armor is just that…armor…but still…you seem to not get that even though they do more damage to her w/o the suit…she certainly would take the hits better than a normal human would
Deffinatly. But Roy isn't exactly a normal human either anymore. Normal humans like novice soldiers and bandits (who are still stronger than the true "normal human" NPCs) cannot even touch or damage Roy with their weapons by end game.

You seem to not get that Samus is by far more durable than normal humans according to her canon…normal people could not survive on Zebes…but Samus can because of her gene pool being ****ed with…
I know but I fail to see how that makes her win against Roy. She'd whoop Roy's *** in an instant with suit, but she loses without it... Why can't it just be that simple to you? <_<

Roy’s ARMY fought dragons that could control the whole continent as stated by the game’s canon, using a bunch of weapons that beat them at the start of said game’s story in the 1st place…
Not true. It was stated that the previous weilder of the Sword of Seals, Hartmut (?) IIRC personally killed the dragon boss. Same with Marth and his ancestor Anri who weilder Falchion before him. Wouldn't be too farfected if Roy and Marth both personally killed their end boss? In the game where they are the main character? Like how it also happens in game?

Why try to deny all these things?

You seem to think the FE characters in question are doing these things by themselves…the FE characters by in large have way more support backing them up than any other character in this thread…
Then play the game a few grades harder. Sure your happy that certain characters become one man armies, after the huge pain in the *** getting them that strong in the first place. >_>

Yeah…because she didn’t have the help of an army packing a bunch of legendary weapons with them…
Samus is a one woman army herself. With her suit on. Why can't Roy be with his sword?

It does no damage to the heavily armed pirate in its own ship…thank you…and fun fact…it only stuns them to the point where she can get up in their face and run away before they even know what hit them in the 1st place…
Yeah... because it's a stunner weapon maybe? Thing is, she won't kill Roy with it.

Luckily for you, as PowerBomb said earlier, ZSS can have the Screw Attack, Wave Beam and others. Just ask him, I dunno exactly but it had to do with Metroid 1.

If ZSS would win, it's because of that because I cannot see her winning with her stunner gun alone.

Well…it certainly looks big enough…
Yeah that's what I thought.

Of course…unlike the Sword of Seals…which seems made for Roy…I’m pretty sure he couldn’t pack this one w/o noting how much of a ***** it seems to be to hold
You mean that sword is too heavy for Roy? How come?

…of course…what makes you think Zamus couldn’t just take Roy’s swords and use them on him if she got a hold of them anyway? I don’t see them attached to Roy or anything like that…
She probably won't be able to hit Roy with it anyway. ZSS isn't a swordfighter. Same like saying that if somehow Luigi would get control over an Arwing, he'd beat Falco. **** never happend, so will not happen because it complicates things.

Except you can’t stay true to the game mechs.
These characters come from completely different games in story, and mechs.
So? There are just 2 characters fighting at the same time. Surely you could agree that in this case legendary dragon killing fire sword > stun gun right?

And you seemed to miss my point when I said she could “Punch” him…ever been hit by a taser before? Because that is pretty much what Samus’ emergency pistil is in the 1st place in case you can’t tell...you aren’t going to be getting up easily after being shocked just letting you know if you are a normal human (read…not a space pirate…in fact…I’m shocked Samus can still even move if she ends up “shooting herself” in said chozo trial…but I’m thinking that is because the Metroid canon is full of BS in the 1st place…like how you can’t kill Space Pirates with the taser in the 1st place…that is BS)
Well, as you said before Samus IS a super human atlethe...

And no, I haven't been hit by a taser before luckily. And neither by a sword which shoots explosive fire balls.

Because it is “made” to kill dragons as in…game mechs for the game allow it to do extra damage to dragons…sort of how like bows do “extra” damage to flying characters…but not anything else…I’ll admit the sword is powerful…but a lot of that power seems to come from the game mechs. from a game where most of its end game bosses are nowhere near as much of a pain as some other things leading up to them (because…come on…why does it do extra damage to dragons? It seems to make sense on why some weapons do extra damage to certain things (like bows on flyers)…but do they give any other reason than “just because” when talking about dragons? I'm aware that the legendary weapons can harm a dragon's hide and have enough power to **** the world if put together...but come on...how come they don't do extra damage to everything else as well?)
Well, the last chapters in Fire Emblem are always amongst the easiest because of how powerful your characters become. Dragon slaying ability is like you said, more "just because" than anything.

^_^

In all fairness…Zero would whoop Roy’s *** ^_^
Still disagreeing.

Samochan

Smash Master
Doesn't Roy have liek, armor? Even with stun gun, any hand-to-hand combat she could use to deal with Roy would hurt her more than it would Roy. She's agile, but if she cannot really even harm Roy, Roy could eventually get in some devastating blow. Heck, even an armored fist from male has the capacity to break a thighbone. Samus may be durable, but without her suit, not that durable lol to survive sword impaled through her. And by that gif, doesn't he have a horse too? And didn't he also possess some ranged attacks as well?

And justin bailey =/= zero suit samus iirc. >_> One is code, another is an actual incarnation of a character we're using here.

I say Roy got this. Samus has the capacity ot survive on environments lethal to normal humans and is a super athlete, however I don't see her getting past a sword and armor and a horse and ranged attack anytime soon with just her puny stun gun, 99hp and some hand-to-hand combat we could only begin guessing.

Top Bottom