• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Excellence

Smash Champion
This clue is pointing to Fox. If you look at the lyrics I gave above, then take a listen to the video (2:44 - 2:46) and listen for the background voice, as I stated, you will here someone say, "Come on!" That is a clear reference to Fox's infamous taunt and directs all attention to him. I believe we have our winner.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
This clue is pointing to Fox. If you look at the lyrics I gave above, then take a listen to the video (2:44 - 2:46) and listen for the background voice, as I stated, you will here someone say, "Come on!" That is a clear reference to Fox's infamous taunt and directs all attention to him. I believe we have our winner.
Combine that wil a barrel "roll", green pants, and his horrible dancing, and you just might be onto something. Excellent, Excellence. :) I say Fox for now.

I can only barely make out the "Come on" (I'm wearing head phones and they distort the sounds, and I can't really take them off) so I'll give the song a better listen tomorrow...

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind about a winner. People before us have said Fox for barrel "roll". But then again still any space animal can do a barrel roll I think. Whatever. :psh

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Fox is the only space animal left.

Ukemi and Excellence are co-winners, even if by some chance you're wrong.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I could always "give" a "hint"

that usually seems to "help," "Youko."
I "see"! It's spelled out so "clearly" right "there"!

How "clever"!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I pray this is just more mindgames and not an actual hint, cause I'm sure as heck treating it as such.

I've got a few theories I think may be somewhat valid, but before I get to them, does anyone know if SP is the type of person who would use the word "obtuse" frequently? I don't think it would be part of the hint, but hey, I want to cover every angle.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
"NEW" Crackpot Theory
Sonic is the culprit now

Ok so Rollin' is the name of a song from the album "Chocolate Starfish and Hotdog Flavored Water".

Note Hotdog

Who ate hodogs in his ill-fated cartoon "spin"off (pun intended duh")=Sonic
Who Rolls= Sonic
Who is the same color as the background and breakdances= Sonic

<innermind speaks out> *KILL ME PLEASE*

I've got a few theories I think may be somewhat valid, but before I get to them, does anyone know if SP is the type of person who would use the word "obtuse" frequently? I don't think it would be part of the hint, but hey, I want to cover every angle.
LOL "Obtuse" "every angle"

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
This weeks character is a...Triangle?

ThrillCkr419

Smash Rookie
I agree. I think its fox. It may be a strech but remember how fox had the special taunt with falco where you would hit the taunt button in different directions (a lot of directions were mentioned). Did they use to say something that had to do with moving out?(they mentioned that a lot) Also, the word tell appears alot which would indicated speech ( there was a lot of dialogue during that special taunt). Also a lot of number were included in the lyrics which may indicate the number of planes coming to attack or the nmber of times you have to hit the taunt button or the number of characters required to use the taunt. Also they sat rollin a lot which may indicate the planes barreling rolling as come towards the stage and fire. Lastly you do here foxes taunt come on which indicates a taunt.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Err... pun not intended?

This isn't a legit theory, more something I think is funny. But if you go into the profile of the user who posted the video, there's someone who commented on his channel six months ago and just wrote "deedeedee".

If DDD hadn't been covered yet, I would have flipped out at the SBR's ability to go back in time to post ridiculously inane hints.

As for the obtuse thing, I've got an idea for it, I just don't think it was actually meant as a hint. Please do not start excitedly throwing out theories based on triangles.

Oh, and just to add more fuel to the "OMG It's FOX!!!" guys, the full name of the song is "Rollin' (Air Raid Vehicle)".

Air Raid Vehicle = Arwing!!!!!!!!!!

God I'm smrt.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
obtuse angles are angles that are more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.

When Ike charges up his Fsmash, his sword is at an obtuse angle from the ground, viia the path it travels to kill you.

Also, Ike fights for his friends, but no one really cares. The guy at 2:44 in the video... no one knows, because no one cares about him.

The "hint" from Dazwa said something about giving hint to help or something like that. Ike would do that because he fights for his friends.

It's Ike. Man, this is just too much fun, I'm a take a break from this.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
As an interesting note this song has two names Rollin'and Air Raid Vehicle

And even more interesting is that the World Trade Center Towers are in this video.

But what makes this odd is that the day before 9/11 Mr. Biskit received a letter from the World Trade centers hanking them for including the towers in the video.... the day before they were destroyed.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
Hotdog? The Pikmin collect hotdogs for Olimar.

I'm agreeing with the Fox crowd for now.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
OS, I demand you edit your post.

I'm 100% sure I wsa the only one who noticed your hint. Now you're going to make me share it with the public, and I wsan't going to do that for a few days.

(At least, I'm like 90% sure I got it. You'll know if I did or not.)

Oh, this is fun. :)

Excellence

Smash Champion
As an interesting note this song has two names Rollin'and Air Raid Vehicle
Rollin' would be refering to the "Barrel Rolls" done in the Fox video game. Here is a link to such a roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmyCxfCrGFQ&feature=related

In mathematics, an Obtuse Angel is 180* or greater, when Fox does a barrel roll he is indeed doing 180* or greater.

Also point your attention to the second name of the song as Kataridragon said before me. Air Raid Vehicle would be a reference to Fox's starships which you can take a look at the link about to see.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but maybe 2:44 means something besides a time in the video? I'm still sticking with Fox though.

Excellence

Smash Champion
My advice to everyone here is, DISREGUARD ANYTHING OVERSWARM SAYS. You're probably thinking I'm stupid or misleading you, but you do NOT want to think critically here. Thinking critically FIRST destroys creative responses which should always be considered. The only things we can definately rule out are characters already used. First be creative, then think of how you could be wrong and how you could be right. Listening to Overswarm is going to clog your brain.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Find the answer inside of you....

*farts*

Got it, it's Wario.

infomon

Smash Scientist
That's it! I remember it now! It's actually not bad of a combo vid!

Check it out.
Too good, MarKO :laugh:

Its Optimus Prime!!!!!!
Holy crap YES! I <3 this thread :)

but read Ukemi's sig... holy crap... Pichu's in brawl!! it must be Pichu this week.

nah, I don't think I'll give a hint.

You've all got the answer inside you somewhere, you just have to find it! Think carefully :)
The poooower thaaaat's insiiiiiiiiiiide.......... Pokémon!

But I like Overswarm.
I think you mean Overwsarm.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The only character I can think of that has anything to do with "inside of you" would be the inner child. So inless you apply the transitive property of what samurai did into a Rick Roll, followed by comparing the character closest in appearance to rick... Then yes it could be Lucas. But I don't see it. And Pokemon Trainer barely matches the hint compared to Fox, although there is a similarity in posture (not perfect but close).

EDIT: Now I'm pretty sure its pokemon trainer. Or a rick roll. Probably the latter.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Fox is fast and furious. Sonic is fast, but he definately isn't furious - at all. If this is refering to cars at all, then we can consider Landmaster and it's ability to roll. This would also make the hint more difficult, as it is supposed to be, because let's face it, most of us don't play with items on - let alone smash balls.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Rollout=jiggs ; EDIT2- or Sonic, god I'm missing a lot of things
Red Hat=Mario or Ness ; EDIT- or PT, the guy in the background where's a red hat right?
So now that I've named almost half of the available characters, I'm sure it will be somebody else.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Now that I understand what the jiggs hint refers to.

I agree, its jigglypuff, because of occam's razor. I think the 2:44 might just be the obtuse part.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it could be sonic.......... "keep rollin" who rolls more then sonic
Lucario rolls more than Sonic.

but he's already done.
lol :laugh:

The Sonic boards themselves are the only ones who connect Sonic to steak. I'll bet we're confusing the hell out of people with that stuff. XD
Random off-topic story: I walked into the rec center, and saw some people playing Brawl. So I joined in as Steak, and they were like "omgwutsonicwon???" and I said it was because I had the winning steak. Then the next game, I changed tags to Tenki and my teammate, Jewdo, was like "YOU'RE TENKI!!?".

--------

To add to the confusion, Sonic does a mostly-functional barrel roll with F-air.

Top Bottom