• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Browny

Smash Hater
snake has no range.

anyone who gets hit by a nikita missile can only blame themselves, those things are so incredibly easy to dodge. and his grenades cant count as ranged since they work best by forcing the enemy to change thier approaches to something snake can prepare for.

my bets on ROB. im just hoping there is some secret to countering rob's recovery :p pit otherwise

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Ima go with Snake simply because with Pit, the complexity of Pit's mindgame so far has yet to truely be discovered as he uses fundamentals such as camping and projectile defending to acheive victory...I can't really see the mindgames behind Pit.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
what about pokemon trainer. ivysaur long range. squirtle and charizard short range. charizard and squirtle good recovery. ivysaur countered recovery. everyone uses their pokemon at different times and some don't even use all of the pokemon. squirtle has the shell-shifting and reverse shifting mindgames,

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Do you think you know how to play against this character? Think again. It seems like this character has a playstyle unique to every user, and its difficult to get a read on how they move. This character is effective at both long range and short range, and has mindgames that will put even the best players to shame. But this character has a recovery that, although many people think is quite amazing, is easily countered.
My first thought was Pit. Long range arrow spam, short range multi-hit attacks. Many thought of his recovery as amazing, which it is... if you don't get hit. In a perfect situation, you have his multiple jumps, a glide, and then an up B which travels pretty much completely under most stages. However, as one might know, a single hit while using his wings, and he is gimped, leading to early KOs.

Now I think it's Snake. Good recovery, but due to limitations (see thread Catching the Cypher), can be gimped if the Snake player does not foresee a grab.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
snake has no range.

anyone who gets hit by a nikita missile can only blame themselves, those things are so incredibly easy to dodge. and his grenades cant count as ranged since they work best by forcing the enemy to change thier approaches to something snake can prepare for.

my bets on ROB. im just hoping there is some secret to countering rob's recovery :p pit otherwise
Snake does have good range. He has disjointed hitboxes that can strike unexcpetedly. It could be Snake, but his recovery isn't that easily gimped. Like Game & Watch players, Snake players use his Cypher from far away and can still use his other moves. My money is on Pit. If pit is hit out of ledge grabbing range during his Up B, he's finished. Yoshi's down tilt is a textbook example of how set knockback moves can destroy pit if he is below the stage and is forced to rely on his Up b.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
People think Snake has really good recovery. It's not. He can't autosweetspot the ledge, which sucks massively. <_<

And yes, Snake apparently is really good both close and long range.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
the next is zelda she has a good projectile and good close range and she turns invisable and has some distance on her recovery which some might think makes it very good but the landing lag makes her easy to punish

could also be diddy if you think his banana is long range he can recover from almost anywhere and he can combo and has monkey mindgames

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I immediately thought Snake for next week. His missile, although a bit easy to avoid, can be used for some good mindgames, especially when used defensively. At least I think so.
Pit is also reasonable. I'm not so sure about R.O.B., I'm not crazy about his ranged attacks. I don't think Lucario matched the description.
So my votes on Snake.

Finch

Smash Lord
Snake without a doubt. There are like 20 FL snake players and they all play differently. His jabs and tilts are amazing short range, and C4/grenades are really good long range.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Most people don't think his recovery is amazing though, but I totally agree with the statement above. I have to go with Snake or Dedede.

Browny

Smash Hater
long rage fighters

lucario
samus
pit
ROB
TL etc

theres no way you can put snake in the same category as those long rage fighters, his grenades and nikita are useless unless the enemy walks right into them, snake only has comparative long range when hes fighting someone like wario or sonic. even then his ranged game is pathetic in comparison to those above

i still think it could be snake though, based off the whole mindgame description, but theres no way his ranged game deserves any mention

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Next character is Pit for sure. Has a projectile, different playstiles, because some people go for close combat and others arrow spam, amazing recovery, but if you hit him with his up B, he can't do it again.

aquteen

Smash Ace
long rage fighters

lucario
samus
pit
ROB
TL etc

theres no way you can put snake in the same category as those long rage fighters, his grenades and nikita are useless unless the enemy walks right into them, snake only has comparative long range when hes fighting someone like wario or sonic. even then his ranged game is pathetic in comparison to those above

i still think it could be snake though, based off the whole mindgame description, but theres no way his ranged game deserves any mention
Have you ever even played against or seen a halfway decent snake?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Please, please don't think Snake's grenades are useless. It, the Nikita, Mines, and C4 all make it so Snake can put you exactly where he wants you (or at least make you second-guess where you're going).

JJ259

Smash Apprentice
Next character I think is going to be lucario. Good long/short range, good recovery (but easily gimp-able because no hitbox on uB)

Everyone plays him differently because he has the aura ability.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Nope, it's gonna be Snake, I can assure you. He is the one with the grabable recovery and he kicks *** in close combat with his melee attacks as well with ranged stuff like his rocket and grenades.

Contrary

Smash Cadet
Originally I would have thought Snake, but Rob/Pit are more effective long range. So Id have to say Rob or Pit.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
i think it must be snake, there are so many different playstyles with him, has good long and short range, and what seems to me a good recovery.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Pit is seriously my bet. I was thinking ROB or Pit at first, but thought about it some more, and ROB's is WAY harder to counter because he can attack and CONTINUE going up, or can go up some more after getting hit, but for Pit...

*Pit uses upB*
*opponent hits Pit during this*
*Pit falls to his death*

Oh, and there are lots of different Pits, is good at both ranges, but the recovery part cinches it. Many people think it's amazing, but it is SO easily countered it goes from not funny to freaking hilarious to not funny to freaking hilarious, ending at not funny.

...Watch, I'm going to be wrong. Again. XP

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I'm saying Peach. Mikey Len, NikoK, and Dark.Pch play the princess differently, she's good up close and from afar, and she's easily trackable recovery wise.

Pit and Lucario are my other guesses, I've seen a bunch of different Lucario players, and Pit can mix it up at different ranges.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I also thought about Peach, but then they started mentioning Snake and it made more sense.

Probably Pit too.

esbern

Smash Rookie
are they pretty much rolling with their current tier list? i mena, its not like gannon, jigglypuff or yoshi are going to show up anytime soon

mirkdddlhppr

Smash Cadet
Snake. Can't be Pit. His play-style is always "hit-and-run", as opposed to the strategy and spacing that is Snake. They both have multiple ranged attacks, but Snake is difficult to predict. You can see Pit's main metagame from a mile away.

Fire away!
*puts up flame shield*

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link. I'd say olimar, but nobody thinks his recovery is insane.

Top Bottom