• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In the reminder, sPanda, you said "we have subscribed to these threads." Does that mean that you have subscribed to the threads for each individual character, or just this one?

Because it might be hard to contribute something meaningful to this thread, since it has devolved into guessing, and hasn't (since page 4 or so) been used to discuss the BRoom review of each character.

Just curious.
Fixed the first post.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Snake would be a logical choice for next SBR Analysis, but is his recovery really that Gimpable? I think that the next choice could quite possibly be Link. He overs a different unique playstyle that is far more defensive then most. Link has some pretty good mindgames, but even though with a timed second jump and Up+B recovery it can be good it is also easily gimpable. Link also has a great Long range game with arrows, bombs, and boomerangs.

But yeah its still might Snake, but it might be Link.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
link is rather poor overall. so I'm not getting the feeing it's him since there are some charcters that he just won't do well against, and the first post suggests that's not the case for this character.... also... his recovery is just bad

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Snake would be a logical choice for next SBR Analysis, but is his recovery really that Gimpable? I think that the next choice could quite possibly be Link. He overs a different unique playstyle that is far more defensive then most. Link has some pretty good mindgames, but even though with a timed second jump and Up+B recovery it can be good it is also easily gimpable. Link also has a great Long range game with arrows, bombs, and boomerangs.

But yeah its still might Snake, but it might be Link.
Snake's recovery is rather gimpable because he can't autograb the ledge, and because his Up-B isn't actually an attack that can reliably deter ledgeguarders by itself. That actually sucks a lot more than people let on (not just because of the Cypher grab). This is why Snake never does well when he's forced to recover from below stage. His recovery also happens to be the worst in the game against Pikachu.

Link's recovery always sucks though. Poor distance, and fast fall speed limits his options a lot.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
snakes recovery is horrible, futile just ***** dsf at a tournament, came out of the losers bracket and won 6-0 by abusing it with warios bite. anyone with good aerials can **** it cause the cypher basically holds him still for you so you can beat on him. dk can actually carry to dthrow them off the ledge and its almost a guarenteed spike

definitely snake or pit

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
If Snake is coming from below all you have to do is footstool the cypher and he loses his up+b just like that.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
:O

/me inscribes this information onto the back of my hand with a razor
It's basically why every Snake tries to recover up high, which then again jeopardizes him still since he's a sitting duck in the air.

/exposeweakness

>.>

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Now, I wasn't around when Melee first came out, but I'm pretty sure that early tier lists had Sheik in the top, and never strayed far from it since.

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is nothing like melee, where a new AT could come out and completely change the dynamics of the game. Some characters are better than others. Some characters are MUCH better than others. This is simply the way it is, like it or lump it. Characters who dominate tournaments now (and we all know who they are) will still be dominating in a year.

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Pray tell, what are these new and better ways? A solid Snake's (pardon the pun) defense is nearly impenetrable. What exactly can you do to get around the minefield of grenades, mortars, and C4? Jump in and air dodge? Spot dodge? Oh look, he just dash attacked through you and is on the other side of the stage, while you just did 0 damage to him and at the same time, took 30-50% damage from the explosives you failed to dodge.

I might be bitter, because I really hate fighting Snake, but honestly, I don't see what new and better ways will be found.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Update #4: ?????

Do you think you know how to play against this character? Think again. It seems like this character has a playstyle unique to every user, and its difficult to get a read on how they move. This character is effective at both long range and short range, and has mindgames that will put even the best players to shame. But this character has a recovery that, although many people think is quite amazing, is easily countered.

Can you guess who the next character will be?
Pretty sure its Pit...sorry for not reading other posts.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Next update is pit for sure, who wants to take bets? ;)

I disagree on pits recovery he has so many options, multiple jumps, glide, glide under stage, up B, Arrows while hes recovering....

xJin678

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing Snake for #4. With all of his explosives, he can be played in many, MANY ways. In addition, his recovery can be gimped easily if used incorrectly :p.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Seems like a ton of people were right about Ekans Snake being next. I should make the next hint harder. Speaking of hints, I don't know when the next hint will be up, so don't bother asking :D

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
my bets for the next one are either rob or wario, overswarm loves rob, and wario is interesting (and good) enough to be one of the first discussed, especially after futile ended dsfs streak

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
ROFL at people already guessing for next week. Just so you know, Overswarm has picked every single character we've discussed thus far. If he wanted to talk about a specific character pretty bad, I'm sure that character would've popped up pretty early on :D

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Told you so.

I speculate DK. Or Ike *shudders at replies to discussion once moved to the Ike thread*

edit: Scratch that. It's going to be ROB lol.

keeper

Smash Champion
Snake, as oddly as it sounds, becomes very predictable after playing for at least two rounds, at least a specific Snake user does. His Dash to Usmash thing is easily shielded (and with characters such as Olimar, easy to grab) and as it says hard to space. That and I have yet to fight someone extremely good with grenades, though his C4 has a surprising amount of kill power and the Utilt has its magical hit-box. Snake is a very versatile and good character as of right now.

Top Bottom