• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's definitely G&W next week. His moveset LOOKS the same, but his aerial attacks have been given extremely unique properties that gives him INSANE variety. He has extremely devastating Smash attacks (IMO, the best in the entire game srsly). His recovery is one of the best in the game. He has NO disadvantages besides being lightweight.

For people who think it is Zelda, Zelda clearly has problems dealing with people in point blank range, and her movement speed is bad. She also noticeably gets countered by Ness, Lucas, and G&W.

As for people who think it is Captain Falcon, he's the worst character in the game. No joke. Also his moveset didn't exactly change...except that it just got a lot worse due to the way Brawl works.

For people who think it is Pikachu, he works almost exactly the same way he did in Melee...except now with less suck. This is unlike G&W who is totally different, but completely owns.

Huh? Wolf doesn't have reliable kill moves? In what way does he not have reliable kill moves anyhow?

Gishnak

Smash Ace
It's G&W. He fits the description better than Zelda (devastating smash attacks? G&W has Zelda beat). G&W has fewer disadvantages than Kirby (G&W's light weight only noticeable disadvantage), and I think, again, devastating Smash Attacks refer to G&W's f-smash and d-smash. They come out quick, f-smash has delay, and they are amazingly powerful. Also, G&W's recovery is better than kirby's.

If it's not G&W, I'll eat my own hat.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Gishnak, you also forgot, G&W has the third strongest U-smash in the entire game. It's amazing if you techchase with it right, and it works best when you cancel a Dash with your U-smash.

Unrelated, but G&W's aerial attacks in general are good for killing too. G&W is crazy good at KOing in Brawl.

b3nz0r

Smash Apprentice
I think week 3 character is Pikachu.

(I took veteran to mean since SSB veteran.)

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Not necessarily, veteran can mean Melee or SSB.

I think its almost definitely game and watch. Pikachu got loads better from Melee, but I wouldn't say that any of his moves have much different properties, while Game and Watch definitely does.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The hint clearly said this veteran had drastic changes since Melee. Which means your focal point starts from that game, not SSB64.

G&W also clearly has better mindgames, smashes, and recovery than Pikachu.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
you guys give great evidence for game and watch, who i think is a very solid character and has rceived great buffs since melee, but I think Marth can also fit the description. He has great spacing with the fair, obviously good smashes (usmash is drastically changed), new properties on up n, side b, a slightly different down b. his recovery is better and he can fair people off the stage with hi s midair jump and usually be able to still make it back with an up b...

But then again, he doesn't really have entirely new properties on a lot of his moves...

Sterowent

Smash Ace
I'll go out on a limb and say Zelda.

Trust, i don't know of her most likely great weaknesses, but all her smashes are crazy, great distance on her recovery, and moves were all generally buffed. Can't wait to see the actual answer though!

If anything, Wolf is fun to play, as stated. Dashing u-smashes are brimming with style!

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
I'm no expert on anything, but I'll make a just for fun guess on next week.. Game & Watch. If anyone else already said it... I agree with you. xP

Chris with Lime

Smash Rookie
Can't be Marth, his recovery is far from "awesome." Mr. Game and Watch makes the most sense. I was looking forward to his discussion topic for obvious reasons, but I didn't think they'd bring him up so early. Then again, he's almost a new character in Brawl, he's so different from Melee. He's unquestionably the most improved, if not the most changed tier-wise (Falcon probably takes the later award, unfortunately).

Zelda would be my next guess, but I can't imagine they wouldn't hint at her toes in the weekly clue. Her smashes are also far from "devastating," unfortunately.

On-topic: Stagewarping is fun. Don't call it "scarring," because that sounds silly.

goodkid

Smash Lord
It can't be Zelda, I play her and her moves don't have any different properties, they all work the same, but better.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm going to have to ump-teenth Game and Watch. The guy just turned into a beast since Melee. Better Fair, UpB recovers like Peach but better, Bair is a nice damage racking attack, his throws are amazing, I mean the list goes on.

Game's got Game.

EDIT: I'll elaborate:

His Smash attacks have become extremely devastating, easily able to kill at low %. The Upsmash, Downsmash, and regular Smash all have large hitboxes, giving him good setups for KO power. His Aerial game is great, giving him access to a good finisher (Fair), good damage rackers (Uair, Bair, Nair), and, well, he's got the Key too, which now sends him plummeting. But I'm not sure how that would work.

This guy got seriously buffed out, I'm sure it's him.

I've heard other statements of Pikachu or Zelda. Well, for one thing, they've said "He", so I'm pretty sure Zelda is out :psycho: I mean, it even says "Mr." before his name.

Pikachu, I dunno. He was always a hard hitter in Smash and I don't think his Smash attacks got noticeably better or his recovery 'insane'.

And, seriously, Marth? He's always been the prettyboy asswhupper. He's never had 'insane' recovery and he's always been fantastically good.

Kirby? Well he's definitely better this time around, but Kirby's strength lies in the Hammer and less in his Fsmash.

It's gotta be Game and Watch. Only thing that makes the most sense.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Veteran with awesome mindgames and recovery, with ubersmashes? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Captain Falcon. He's by far a veteran (one of the original 12), has great recovery in this game, many of his attacks have vastly different properties, Falcon Punch and his specials make for ultimate mindgames, and he's so flippin' awesome you'll never even notice the lack of a projectile or range.

But seriously, it's obviously Mr. Game & Watch.

YJiang

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing JP. Lots and lots of changes to her aerial game with the new physics, she has decent enough smashes (ok, I'm being very generous here. They're not stellar), and went through lots of changes from melee>brawl.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm getting the feeling that not many people actually use G&W. You people who don't use him are missing out on a totally amazing character.

But then again, he doesn't really have entirely new properties on a lot of his moves...
Oh wow, where have you been?

Seriously, use G&W's Up-B and aerial attacks. THEN tell me that he doesn't have entirely new properties.

I'll go out on a limb and say Zelda.

Trust, i don't know of her most likely great weaknesses, but all her smashes are crazy, great distance on her recovery, and moves were all generally buffed. Can't wait to see the actual answer though!

If anything, Wolf is fun to play, as stated. Dashing u-smashes are brimming with style!
Zelda doesn't have spectacular recovery. G&W has way more devastating Smash attacks. Zelda's attacks were buffed, but not so much changed in terms of unique properties. While G&W of course has got changes to his aerials.

Luigi.
Some of his attack properties have changed, his Smashs are great and his recovery IS insane!
I hope it is Luigi ^^
His attack properties have changed in what way? G&W however clearly has unique properties in his aerials such as U-air windstall, D-air fast fall, Up-B, etc etc.

And no, his recovery isn't insane. It is GOOD, but nowhere nearly as insane as G&W's.

G&W also has much better Smash attacks.

I think week 3 is Marth
The ONLY thing Marth has that closely resembles the description is having great Smash attacks. Otherwise he's about the same as he was in Melee. Plus, his recovery still sucks.

Im betting on Kirby. His smashes are very good, and his overall moveset has been completely buffed, but still looks almost exactly the same.
Kirby's moveset was buffed. That is different from it being given new properties. >_>

G&W also has better recovery and Smashes than Kirby.

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm saying Pikachu. All of his attacks seem the same, but he is an absolute beast in this game. You can throw up thunderwalls for mindgames, Quick Attack is a great recovery move, his smashes are incredibly powerful.

Pikachu obviously is somewhat light, but isn't Game and Watch as well? Also, many of Game and Watch's attacks actually look different.

As for Wolf, I don't know what to think about him yet.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Its G&W:Amazing recovery,incredible smashes,different properties...
The part of mindgames im not too sure,but my bet is on G&W.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu
G&W
Kirby

Either of them. I'm leaning towards Kirby, as they buffed his Up-B insanely (now it can spike). Pikachu is better, I just ***** my friends with him, but Game and Watch has gone through a lot of changes.

Top Bottom