• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

PCHU

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's Lucas.
He was going to be put in Melee, so in a way, he's not new.
He wasn't actually IN smash until now.
He's not old.
No homerun bat, red costume only, NOT NORFAIR!!
He can use items.
He has smash attacks.
Umz.....
HE HAS HAIR!

Therefore, I guess Pichu.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I think it's going to be a pokemon. It might be Magikarp, and Magikarp is a pokemon. This leaves Jigglypuff and PT. I say Jigglypuff.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
pokemon...the vagueness implies multiple characteristics in one...PT is 3-4 characters....he might have hair when hes the trainer, he isn't new cuz hes llike the original pokemon, he is new cuz hes new to smash, etc, etc....it's pretty unclear but I think thats the best guess

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
After the test I just conducted (which is probably REALLY off), I'd say the most likely answer is Lucas. My test resulted in this order of who it likely is:

1. Lucas
2. Fox, Ness
3. Wario, Jigglypuff
4. Pokémon Trainer

I might be way off, but I'm sticking with Lucas.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Probably Lucas. He has a weapon similiar to the home-run bat, he was suppose to be in Melee but wasn't (due to EarthBound 64's cancelation [until Mother 3 was made]), he's not new (we've known about him since like 1998 with the EarthBound 64 demos and whatnot), his red costume is important (it's his twin brother, Claus), and he's got hair. Awesome hair.

If it's not Lucas, it's probably Ness. And if it's not Ness, it's either then PT or Wario.

Hit973

Smash Cadet
it's random.

This character is not Zero Suit Samus. This character might have a red costume. This character is not too big. This character has a recovery. This character is not old. This character has smash attacks. This character is not new. This character can use items. This character is not King Dedede. This character might be Magikarp.

This character is not a homerun bat. This character might have hair. This character is not banned. This character can be selected. This character is not Norfair. This character can jump. This character is not a deku nut. This character has hands. This character is not hard to lose with. This character might be a character.
You can't get Zamus from random. Some characters don't have red costumes. Random has no definite shape. All characters have a recovery. All characters have smash attacks. Random was in melee. All characters can use items. Magikarp is a random hint.

Random can't be a homerun bat. The character you get might have hair. Random isn't banned. Random can be selected. Choosing random for a character won't get you norfair, but once again, that part of the hint is random. All characters can jump. Deku nuts are random. All characters have hands. Random can give you a ****ty character, making it easier to lose.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
This character is a character.
Pokemon trainer is 1 character in literal sense, but otherwise he is 3.

This character is not Zero Suit Samus. This character might have a red costume. This character is not too big. This character has a recovery. This character is not old. This character has smash attacks. This character is not new. This character can use items. This character is not King Dedede. This character might be Magikarp.
The red costume hint is useless. Might means nothing, since it's not specified. None of the remaining characters are too big, except maybe Charizard. The "a recovery" suggests Lucas/Ness is out, since PK freeze/Flash also is recovery, not just PK thunder. Fox's Over B is alse a second form of recovery. Might disclude Wario because of the bike, but I'm not sure about it, since it's doesn't make you go into "freefall mode". Same thing with rising pound. None of the characters are "old", as far as I know. Jigglypuff, Fox, and Ness aren't new. Lucas also sort of fits, because he was supposed to be in Melee. I can't think of how the other hints could help, except that Wario's bike is an item in most senses.

This character is not a homerun bat. This character might have hair. This character is not banned. This character can be selected. This character is not Norfair. This character can jump. This character is not a deku nut. This character has hands. This character is not hard to lose with. This character might be a character.
The might argument I said earlier continues with hair. No one is banned, so that doesn't help. Lol@homerun bat/deku nut. You can select all the characters (the announcer says "pokemon trainer", or the pokemon of your choice.) . This character can jump Rules out PT, since the trainer doesn't actually jump. The character has hands is tricky. I know fox/jigglypuff have hands for pratical terms, but are they actually hands? I don't know. This character isn't hard to lose with is very subjective, since each player plays each character differently, but it gives off a general "it's low tier" feel. This char might be a char has to be there to throw you off, since the first line confirms that it is a character.

Can you decipher this hint?

I belive it's Wario, because of small factors on Jigglypuff(the hands thing), all the blatent it's not PT stuff, and because of the recovery on fox/ness/lucas. Or, they decided to do the pokemon seperatley, in which case, it's Squirtle, because Ivysaur doesn't have hands, and Charizard is too big.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
it's random.

You can't get Zamus from random. Some characters don't have red costumes. Random has no definite shape. All characters have a recovery. All characters have smash attacks. Random was in melee. All characters can use items. Magikarp is a random hint.

Random can't be a homerun bat. The character you get might have hair. Random isn't banned. Random can be selected. Choosing random for a character won't get you norfair, but once again, that part of the hint is random. All characters can jump. Deku nuts are random. All characters have hands. Random can give you a ****ty character, making it easier to lose.
^epic win^

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
it's random.

Technically, there are some things listed that the actual Pokemon Trainer himself cannot do, yet his Pokemon can. Also, not everyone has hands. Ivysaur doesn't have hands, and Jiggs and R.O.B. don't have hands to some extent (I don't think stubs at the ends of your arms qualify as hands). R.O.B. has already been discussed, though.

Still, Random definitely fits the hint. If it really IS Random, then I'll be somewhat upset, unless they say that it's Top Tier.

Nitrix

Smash Ace

If it actually was random, that would suck so much. The SBR's summary would be so short.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
it's random.

King Dedede can be selected from random.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

Excellent as always overswarm. This character SEEMS like Ness if (since's he's one of the last characters left)

But it's definetely Random

Ness references~Red costume (fuel)
This character has a recovery~ Reference to Ness bad recovery
Homerun bat~ Ness use's a regular bat.
This character is not hard to lose with~ Allusion to Ness sucking (apparently)
Might have hair~ Ness hate covers most of his hair...

Random~ZSS cannot be chosen in random
~This character us not hard to lose with. Random can be a bad character
This seals it
~This character MIGHT have hair, meaning it can be a animal, different creature, Bald e.c.t.

Hey overswarm, how do you choose the characters anyway?

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Excellent as always overswarm. This character SEEMS like Ness if (since's he's one of the last characters left)

But it's definetely Random

Ness references~Red costume (fuel)
This character has a recovery~ Reference to Ness bad recovery
Homerun bat~ Ness use's a regular bat.
This character is not hard to lose with~ Allusion to Ness sucking (apparently)
Might have hair~ Ness hate covers most of his hair...

Random~ZSS cannot be chosen in random
~This character us not hard to lose with. Random can be a bad character
This seals it
~This character MIGHT have hair, meaning it can be a animal, different creature, Bald e.c.t.

Hey overswarm, how do you choose the characters anyway?
I PM Samurai Panda and say "You're making the hint for this week, right? What char is it?"

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Updated remaining character pic:

Something changed.

I'll think of a theory for this week's hint tomrrow, I have an essay to type.

But for now, I say Jigglypuff.

Because the font is arial.

And Jiggs has a primarily aerial fighting style.

lololololololol

mimic_king

Smash Lord
We should just ditch this forum and create a new one about Magikarp.

How did the Magikarp thing start anyway?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Which one the seven six remaining characters suck on Norfair?

Oh, and I think Jiggs doesnt qualify because Jiggs doesn't have hands.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
A nearly identical version of this was posted at the beginning of the Ike discussion. This implies that Samurai made some slight adjustments to go from Ike to something else. I can't remember all the changes with any accuracy, but most of the hint could just as easily refer to Ike as this week's character.

Top Bottom