• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Popertop

Smash Champion
No pit's good. He has some trouble killing though.
He has trouble with a lot of high tier characters, but against Meta it's pretty even.
Wario does nasty things to him.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR.O.B.
no thats yoshi

You both wrong.

You're thinking of sonic[/UnnecessaryHate]
Or Pit['s voice].

HEYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAH

The fight is ON!

Soldiers, move out!
(i think thats what he says during his FS)

HEYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAHHHH

lol. darn, hint still not up :( has the character been chosen at least?

Tenki

Smash Hero
and did anyone save the edited hint? i wanna read it. or if anyone knows what was changed?
Many people are convinced that this character has no potential, and have barely put time into learning the character. But it seems a select few have seen this character's potential, and are taking it to the next level. Surprisingly enough, this character may even have the potential to put up a fight against characters like MK, but not many people would attest to that. With effective tilts/smashes/aerials that can be punished if missed or blocked, you should make every attack with this character count. This character also has some specials that are great, and are nearly essential to using this character well. And they can be used for catching the opponent by surprise. Even with all of these attributes, taking this character to the next level requires skill, patience, and consistency. A single mistake can put you on the defensive for quite a while, and could even lead to your death if the opponent is good at edgeguarding.

That line.

It originally said "...specials that are not simply good, but are nearly essential..."

However, a bunch of us misread it as saying "specials that are simply not good".

`.`; Ike and Bowser are pretty close aside from the playstyle difference that Ike uses less specials in his gameplay than Bowser does.

Tenki

Smash Hero
like 3 people have said #19.
so we're gunna skip 18?
Anyway, hint for #21 is up:

This character is underestimated by many players, but in the right hands can give characters like Captain Falcon trouble. With approaches that can be shielded or dodged, this character can sometimes approach through the air. This character's projectile can be used to either disrupt opponents or bait approaches, and can even be used in approaches, even though it can be shielded. However, due to certain characteristics and matchups, this character may not reach the ranks of top tier, but certainly is not bottom tier material.

Can you guess who this week's character is?

mindgameslol

Yaya

Smash Champion
This thread's gone kinda downhill.

The first few pages were great, but then it's all I think the character is _____ or "wen iz teh neckst hint?"

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
the good characters left to update olimar,DK,wario,lucario,ice climbers, LUIGI everyone else is basicly low/bottom tier with falcon,bowser,ganon, link etc...

mario peach fox kirby ness zamus should be mid tier imo

so it should end up sumthing like
top:
metaknight
snake

upper:
dedede
r.o.b
game&watch
wario
marth

high:
falco
olimar
DK
lucario
pit
ice climbers
wolf
zelda/shiek
pikachu
toon link

mid:
Kirby
fox
LUIGI
mario
peach
ness
zamus

low:
ike
sonic
lucas
pokemon trainer
samus
bowser
link
yoshi
ganon

bottom:
falcon
jigglypuff

Fixed for truth. Now it is correct.

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
This isn't a Tier List topic.

Plus you're off anyways
i dont let canadians judge my tier lists, theyre not worthy

^ ya, ur right luigi probly is mid i messed up

so by the time all the discusions are finished are they gonna start focusing on creating the actual tier list?

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
*** bam, i would never willingly play him....kids to good

let me rephase what i said about canada: i have no problem with the people or the coutry just the people that play yoshi in smash and live in cananada, its just too much

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hey, us Canadian Yoshi's are a proud and industrious species. I'm tired of you American Pikachus telling us what to do and what to believe in!

*Eats Maple Syrup Cookie, then plays Shell Hockey from Mario Party 2*

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
Hey, us Canadian Yoshi's are a proud and industrious species. I'm tired of you American Pikachus telling us what to do and what to believe in!

*Eats Maple Syrup Cookie, then plays Shell Hockey from Mario Party 2*
lol truce..... canada yoshi vs. american picachu mm? hmmmm maybe one day in the distant future fate will bring us together?
See this is what happens when they hold us up with the hint calamity insues like me posting a tier list in the wrong topic :(

LCB12321

Smash Cadet
How bout us Pokemon Trainers from the BC region? Why just Yoshi?

Are you a racist?
nahhh PT in canada are cool...

im def not a racist but this doest even have anything to do with race more about region. I dont even really care about the us besides the fact that i live in it. Its more of the general US population that feels they are superior, on the other hand i could care less...

double post ftw

Mmac

Smash Lord
I only hope that Samurai comes back in the morning and updates it.

:embarrass I'm tired. We need a hint soon

SUB_ZERO

Smash Apprentice
Summed up extremely well, I am a Snake main and a Falcon secondary and i really think people are taking captain falcon too lightly, his weaknesses are great but he has a great aerial game consisting of every aerial move (even fail knees).

I reckon captain falcon will get a lot better if people TRY to make him better. Other than that (which wasn't this threads fault) great thread.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmac
This isn't a Tier List topic.

Plus you're off anyways

i dont let canadians judge my tier lists, theyre not worthy

^ ya, ur right luigi probly is mid i messed up

so by the time all the discusions are finished are they gonna start focusing on creating the actual tier list?
hmm i didnt consider this at all lol. So ya they're probably just gonna discuss each character so they all understand/agree what to think of each character, and then after that it'll be easier for them to make a tier list.

so about 18 chars left = 18 weeks = 4.5 months = beginning of January they'll start making the Tier list, which should be finished/progressed well enough by the end of February (which is about 1 year after Brawl came out, so that's perfect, since Tier Lists usually come out 1 time per year.)

Im Canadian. But i live in America. I like canada more tho of course (i was born there in Toronto, Ontario). I do play yoshi. So I'm a Canadian Yoshi living in America. just FYI :)

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon can get better, if he gets better Tourney Results, and that will also probably help out the Captain Falcon and make him "Good" of course other characters need this help too >_>

kupo15

Smash Hero
Pit is amazing and can counter every character in the cast. You just havent seen good Pit players. In fact, I would say the majority of everyone has seen crap Pits and not good Pits so noone really knows anything about him, what are is capabilities, weaknesses ect. I see sooo many ppl saying things about Pit that are simply not true. Statements about his weaknesses that are false.

kupo15

Smash Hero
No he does not. He has many multi hit moves that rack up damage fast and a skilled player can sweetspot Bair pretty well. The Bair can kill at 100 at the right place. I have killed snakes with it at 150. I have killed ppl with the Dtilt spike at 40 as well as Ikes and others at 10 by mirroring the recovery.

That is one of those false presumptions.

Another one is that "Pits are easily gimped" lies. It is equivalent as if I were to say, "Just knock a snake off the edge and grab the cypher. I do it all the time. Its so easy."

kupo15

Smash Hero
Another one is that "Pits are easily gimped" lies. It is equivalent as if I were to say, "Just knock a snake off the edge and grab the cypher. I do it all the time. Its so easy."

Here is a good way to see how well your friend or the Pit player you are facing is. If he is a good Pit player, he will NEVER get gimped. EVER. period.

JJR.O.B: It is clear that the Pits you have played are noobs. Play a good Pit who is willing to wifi or in person and just try to do it once. I dare you.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman

Here is a good way to see how well your friend or the Pit player you are facing is. If he is a good Pit player, he will NEVER get gimped. EVER. period.

JJR.O.B: It is clear that the Pits you have played are noobs. Play a good Pit who is willing to wifi or in person and just try to do it once. I dare you.
well, if pit's up-b is used below the ledge,then ROB+ Fair= death for Pit

Scala

Smash Ace
just one of mario's fireballs will kill pit. You must be crazy when you're talking about never getting gimped. I think yoshi is **** hard to gimp but I would never say never

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im saying, a GOOD Pit wont let that happen. I mean I could just decide to glide saftly back or jump back if I chose to not be aggressive at the ledge. Good Pits know how to not get into that situation.

I would think that a ROBs laser would be a better option than a Fair. If a Pit is that dumb to up B right next to the ROB to get hit by a Fair then ****, idk what to tell that guy. Besides, Pit can go under the stage using Up b, no jumps required. Only another Pit and a ROB have the best chance to gimp a pit. A MK can also if the Pit is dumb enough to challenge the MK at the ledge. Even if we are forced to up B where we dont want to, we can hug the wall and walljump Tech to safty. A good Pit will do that which makes it nearly impossible to gimp a GOOD pit. Emphasis on the GOOD or should I say PRO pit but GOOD is GOOD enough.

Scala: You must have played some dumb Pits if they were noob enough to up B within fireball range. And I am not crazy. The only times I ever get gimped is if I decided to be too aggressive at the ledge or if I am trying something new. But since those phases are over, I very rarely get gimped.

Yoshi is tough to edge guard but Im pretty sure a well placed Angel Ring will do the trick. I never tried it yet since there are not many good yoshis out there.

I am still puzzeled as to why ppl think this. Maybe its all of the NOob pits that give us Good pits a bad Rep. Its like me saying, just get Zamus off the edge and she is done.

Well I guess you guys will be in for a surprise when you face a good pit (if you ever do) so thats one adv we have over you. Underestimating Pit, and you will be in a world of hurt.

Martial

Smash Apprentice
Pit is amazing and can counter every character in the cast. You just havent seen good Pit players. In fact, I would say the majority of everyone has seen crap Pits and not good Pits so noone really knows anything about him, what are is capabilities, weaknesses ect. I see sooo many ppl saying things about Pit that are simply not true. Statements about his weaknesses that are false.
Heh.

Yes, Pit COUNTERS every single character in the game. Of course! How foolish of me. I should have realised that I actually know nothing about the character, and that he does in fact have a solid advantage against everyone in the whole bloody game. Right.

Look, Pit has weaknesses, no matter what you think. No matter how much you try to convince people, his only range-y attack is going to be his arrows (for example).

kupo15

Smash Hero
What I ment is, he has all of the TOOLS to counter everyone in the game. So what if he is out ranged by everyone in the game?
Of course he has weaknesses but he doesnt have any weakness that are crippling to his game. A smart Pit can counter even MK which is his hardest matchup. Everyone else is pretty equal slightly in Pits favor, even snake. Yea, snake is a cakewalk.

If his Shield didn't flip ppl around, I would be saying something different.

And your right, there is no use trying to convince ppl otherwise. Ill just let their stubborn and underestimated ideas slide off my back since most ppl dont know anything about pit unless they have played one or seen one. >_>

EDIT: I originally posted to say that ppl make statements that are not true. Lets make a list shall we?

-Pit is easily gimped
-Pit cant kill well(lack of killing moves)
-All pits are spammers

I have honestly lost track of the untrue statements so please list more so I can counter them

>_>

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
A smart Pit can counter even MK which is his hardest matchup.
i like pit, but if you have to play smarter than the other player to win, then that person thinking is at the inherent disadvantage (of course they can still win because they play smart...). Point is, if you have to use the word smart in a matchup, it means you're disadvantaged.

if pit had teh ph1r3 then he'd be more played than snake

Edit: more to add to the list of nooby pit stuff:

-hiyayayayayayayyayayayayayayyaya always, literally

i wish i could make one for lucario, there are some fun assumptions i see every day

kupo15

Smash Hero
obviously you cant play stupid. A smart MK (not necessarily of M2K status) can beat an excellent Falcon and if he isnt so smart, will lose to Falcon and this matchup is clearly in MK's favor. A smart falcon can beat anyone. Smart as in he knows how his moves work and how to use them.

The reason noone picks up Pit as much as say Snake or MK is because he lacks the "natural" talent of those characters as in without ATs. But with all of his ATs, which every says is stupid and useless for some reason, (your in for a wakeup call when you play a pit who knows his ****) he can beat everyone. But ppl are too lazy to put the time into making him good because Pit requires a lot of time to get good at.
Its like why work extra hard to be good at Link when I could just pick up Falco or Falcon and win without much effort? (melee) So noone pays him much attention.

Top Bottom