• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
You'll know when it's ZSS because the hint will be "**** LOLOLOLOLOL" or something ********.
I was going to reply, that looking at your sig, you're not one to talk about the immaturity of "**** LOLOL" ......

Then I realized you said the hint would be "**** LOL", *or* something ********. As in, **** would be a legitimate hint, rather than something ********.

Either way, wtfhax :p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I was going to reply, that looking at your sig, you're not one to talk about the immaturity of "**** LOLOL" ......

Then I realized you said the hint would be "**** LOL", *or* something ********. As in, **** would be a legitimate hint, rather than something ********.

Either way, wtfhax :p
I fail to see how my signature has anything to do with the maturity of breasts.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
im guessing ZZS
aren't you that guy on the zamus boards that everybody told had an incorrect sig made by someone else? ... why yes it is you! how are ya, buddy? how's being a ZZS main going for you?

but seriously, the next character is random. no hint because there are too many things to say or it would be impossible to guess and it says "Update 15: ?????" and ? is the picture of random. I'm seriously starting to believe that it is random. >_>

waks

Smash Journeyman
Im guessing that the next update on the OP that we get is the hint :O

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Update #15: ?????

Depending on the region where you live, you could think this character is horrible or that this character is incredible. And depending on who you talk to, this character could have a great matchup against Snake, or could have a bad matchup against him. But everyone can agree that this character is awesome at punishing even the smallest of openings that your opponent shows. Include this character's awesome projectile game, ridiculous priority on some attacks, and incredible mindgames because of certain techniques, this character has quite a bit of potential. But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion.

Can you guess who next week's character will be?
This next character screams pikachu. good pikachus are spread everywhere throughout the country (not that they are common, but that they are spread thin), making him a very local event. I personally think he has a good matchup vs snake, but i know some who dont. pikachu has some good speed and can punish openings easily. he has a very good projectile game with tshock and thunder. his fsmash and his dsmash have rediculous priority. and any good pika needs to do mindgames to survive, and this revolves around QAC. while his potential is very large, very few (only anther, and maybe zig-zag and ESAM) are truly using him to his full potential.

Just missed first guess typing this all up lol.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
the reigon part of the hint confuses me. There's obviously something that the pal version or another version has that all of the others don't

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Isn't Pikachu thought of as good everywhere?

I thought it was Sonic until that projectile part. T_T

Aw well. I guess Peach just to be different. Pikachu is likely though. I HOPE it's Pikachu.

the reigon part of the hint confuses me. There's obviously something that the pal version or another version has that all of the others don't
Pal version is identical from a gameplay standpoint.

Also. The region thing is referring to areas. Like certain characters are more popular in certain areas. Like Wario is more popular out west.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I was kind of wondering if this week's hint was going to be, "he's the fastest thing alive." In keeping with the obvious hint of last week :p

Terios, why would you think Sonic? Great match up against Snake? Since when? :O

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I was kind of wondering if this week's hint was going to be, "he's the fastest thing alive." In keeping with the obvious hint of last week :p

Terios, why would you think Sonic? Great match up against Snake? Since when? :O

You read the Sonic boards. Some people DO say that. Like ShadowLink. Then again he thinks Sonic has the advantage on everyone. XD

I don't know if he, in particular, thinks that but he does overestimate Sonic quite a bit.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Pikachu is the best match for this hint. There are some people who say Pikachu does poorly against Snake like this post for example.

I honestly don't know why anyone would think Pikachu does well vs Snake. Pika can't approach at all and thunderjolts are easily power shield/dash/repeat approached and then Pika eats ftilts. You can DI up out of Pika's dsmash, thunder is really easily predictable too. Pika is fairly light on top of it so utilt kills come fairly early.
There are others who say Pikachu does well against Snake. This one is easy if you consider that this matchup is still under debate and that Pikachu has a great projectile game. Certain moves Pikachu has also have absurd priority like his f smash. The next one is Pikachu without question.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I'm so sure this is Pikachu.

As a note, some characters that have good matchup vs. Snake, or is said so are: R.O.B., Falco, DDD (those 3 have already been done), DK and Pikachu. DK has no projectiles, and Pikachu has 2 amazing projectiles, QAC as a very useful and important technique, and amazing priority in some attacks, I think those are Fair and Dair, and Fsmash that is disjointed.

I guess Pikachu will have a positive discussion, since he has a lot of potential but there are few people using him.

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. this is so obviosly pikachu that it isnt funny. actually it kind is but oh well. the thing with snake is pretty accurate. pika can CG snake and use thunder to hinder a vertical recovery as well as using tjolts to break the land mine/stop grenade throws/disrupt the nikita. what gives snake the advantage is the shield into tilts and being able to kill pika at low percentages while pika need to get him at a high percentage and kill with an usmash or gimp his recovery. he can also plant c4's to predict where pika will try and edgeguard with thunder and then control the stage from that point.

but as for the mindgames, screams QAC. some moves have great priority(nair/fsmash/dsmash/usmash/thunder). as for the regions part, this is probably referring to places wher people like anther, ESAM, and a few other play in tourneys. pika may be popular as a secondary but few main him. in florida there are only 3-4 good pika players inculding myself. compared to snake or MK or DDD pika is underused.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I do see a lot of Pikachu here. However, to be safe, there should be a chart to compare regional use of characters. After all, the whole hint breaks if Pikachus are evenly spread throughout the world. Anyone know where I can look up character usage data across regions?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well. Priority is used more often than not to describe moves that are good at eating other moves isn't it? The fact that it's disjointed certainly HELPS it hit but it doesn't necessarily mean it has high priority. I'm pretty sure it does anyway.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I do see a lot of Pikachu here. However, to be safe, there should be a chart to compare regional use of characters. After all, the whole hint breaks if Pikachus are evenly spread throughout the world. Anyone know where I can look up character usage data across regions?
well, i mean spread in that there are large regions with no good pika, and relatively few spaced out ones with good pikas.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
-Depending on the region where you live, you could think this character is horrible or that this character is incredible.
The East coast has quite a few beastly pits, while the West coast umm... not so much. and it seems that the majority of ppl that post that Pit is gay comes from the West.

-And depending on who you talk to, this character could have a great matchup against Snake, or could have a bad matchup against him.
In the Pit match up discusion they say Pit has the advantage over Sanke, small but still an advantage. Everybody I talk to says Snake has the advantage.

-But everyone can agree that this character is awesome at punishing even the smallest of openings that your opponent shows.
I dont think everyone knows it and this is the part that confuzzles me, maybe cause of arrow spam he can punish?

-Include this character's awesome projectile game,
Arrow, nuff said.

-ridiculous priority on some attacks
nair, uair, ftilt, dtilt, WoI (all of which can stop the tornado) also worth metnioning is fair and utilt

-incredible mindgames because of certain techniques,
loop arrows, wingdashing, ART, Angelic Step

-this character has quite a bit of potential. But only certain people can truly use (or even see) this potential, which is likely why there is such a difference in opinion.
Seems the Pit forums can even see potential in him ATM.

Top Bottom