• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Ok, cbf making huge shoutouts.
Billy: straight up outplayed me man. Great set, shame I got cranky about it. You have gotten soon much better since we last played. I used to be able to capitalise on quite a few of your habits but you've stopped them and now you've got me having to think so much more.

Everyone else: love you like usual. Up the butt.

Cap

Smash Rookie
Kinda new to all this but i'll give it a shot because i really enjoyed yesterday.

First off big thanks to the TO's
Secondly to everyone that i had the pleasure of fighting and meeting thanks for the GG's

Redact: It was great to sit down at the start and play some friendlies early on, just couldn't work out who you mained because you'd switch every match and still beat me haha, but thanks anyway for taking the time to have some friendlies and calm my nerves dude, really appreciate it.

Splice: Watching your Falco through the night gave me some really great insight on what im doing right and wrong, my match against you felt very one sided because you just pinned me down, GG and keep up the good work. Thanks for the training tips as well!

Dekar/MattyG: Thanks for the doubles sets guys, had a ball. MattyG, your puff is so hard to deal with and well Dekar, thanks for the taunts? taunt hype??

Joey: Luigi, enough said? Seriously though gotta hand it to you, such a unique play style and such a great guy to be on the mic with. Also those rock, papper, scissors mindgames were strong.

I'm sure there are many others that I've forgotten and many people that made my whole experience quite enjoyable by being easy to approach and ask for friendlies or just tips in general. Even the people i lost to who stuck around just to have a chat and help me out a bit, big thanks.

Looking forward to being around at a few more tourneys/meets and start practicing some match ups outside of Moxie's Fox/Pika.

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
That one guy who went peach against Zelda after he lost with yoshi disappointed me.
I'm fairly sure that going Peach was the stupidest/ballsiest thing I did all day considering that I have used her for a grand total of 2 days. I learnt my lesson after that and stuck to Yoshi after that. Do I get redemption for doing the best out of the Yoshis?:b:

Edit: Looks like Hughie beat me.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm fairly sure that going Peach was the stupidest/ballsiest thing I did all day considering that I have used her for a grand total of 2 days. I learnt my lesson after that and stuck to Yoshi after that. Do I get redemption for doing the best out of the Yoshis?:b:
I placed 9th and I played Yoshi. You did good though, hope to see you at more tourneys!

Last edited:

Sady

Smash Rookie
Thanks all. Was my first tourny after just getting the game and had a blast. Cant wait to see my improvement as i attend more events.

Continue welcoming the newbies and the scene will just keep growing.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
was an enjoyable experience even if i had to leave before my events had really gone under way.
hopefully we can get some more space in future events as well; really cramped at the moment.
would also like to see p:m and brawl run at separate times in the future.

shoutout to viva for cool times.

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
I placed 9th and I played Yoshi. You did good though, hope to see you at more tourneys!
Didn't even realise that there were any more Yoshi mains.
Fun fact, We both got beaten by Mask1n. Did he use his Mario against you. I have no idea how to deal with the fireball spam.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Yeah, it's a bad matchup since Mario can really easily pill/fireball you out of egg roll, amongst many other things. You probably want to down-tilt as that has a fair bit of range and dthrow to down b works works for killing.
Also Yoshi's pivot grab is faster than any other of yoshi's grabs by 14 frames. You'll want to pivot grab lots.

Last edited:

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to everyone I fought and everyone I had friendlies with. Had a blast!

IceK in particular, that peach ditto was nuts.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@ Attila_ Attila_ I'll make a mental note to tell my mum to make some dinner, then I'll package it in a box and give it to Dekar. I hope Dekar likes Indian food that's hot and spicy. It'll help toughen him up in both smash and the streets of Boronia. Otherwise, great commentary and thanks for the mention. You and Joey both killed it on the mic.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"if someone came along and 3 stocked you, would you let them be, the man?"
"depends on what character they'd use"

We already know the answer if its Olimar. The eternal salt.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Attila_ Attila_ I'll make a mental note to tell my mum to make some dinner, then I'll package it in a box and give it to Dekar. I hope Dekar likes Indian food that's hot and spicy. It'll help toughen him up in both smash and the streets of Boronia. Otherwise, great commentary and thanks for the mention. You and Joey both killed it on the mic.
**** it, pack me a box too and we can put the hate behind us

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
**** it, pack me a box too and we can put the hate behind us
Cool. I just need to know where you live and then I'll be able to send you box of fine Indian hot and spicy food express delivery, free of charge. You probably deserve some anyway due to your huge improvement in your game.

Noxus

Smash Cadet
@ Juci Juci come on man you can place better then that, you were on point friday night man nearly taking games off my yoshi could really see a lot of improvemnt in your play need to keep that up and you will soon take my yoshi out
@Bus pick yourself up mate, need you to have that same dedication Miles does, VB in hand and all

Bu$

HoC
@ Juci Juci come on man you can place better then that, you were on point friday night man nearly taking games off my yoshi could really see a lot of improvemnt in your play need to keep that up and you will soon take my yoshi out
@Bus pick yourself up mate, need you to have that same dedication Miles does, VB in hand and all
Non tournament attendees like yourself have no say.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
@ Juci Juci come on man you can place better then that
He got knocked into losers by Nicks who placed 9th, then he faced me. Our match concluded on game 3 last stock high percentage (very close match). Not only did he put up a good fight, he was slightly ahead throughout most of game 3 on MY counter-pick.

I'll give full shoutouts later, expect a wall of text.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Didn't even tie with anyone for last place because I'm just that good.
This is my fault for ghetto entering people in bracket at last minute.

Hope you had fun anyway though!

Sorry about the lack of friendlies stations guys, there's so many new people it's hard to keep up but I promise future events will only get better!

Hughie

Smash Lad
This is my fault for ghetto entering people in bracket at last minute.

Hope you had fun anyway though!

Sorry about the lack of friendlies stations guys, there's so many new people it's hard to keep up but I promise future events will only get better!
Man we need that entire hall. Us compared to the FGC guys was astounding.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
was very tired and quite unwell for most of the day, so thanks to redact for stepping up with the TOing

quick shoutouts:
hughie - thanks for recording/uploading!
joey - thanks for TIO laptop!
everyone who brought tvs/consoles - thanks!
matt g - thanks for teaming, congrats on the clutchness in teams grand finals!
nido - congrats on 2nd, though I know you could have gotten 1st with a bit more patience and confidence. looking forward to cheering for your ness against the interstaters at shadowloo
project m- man you're so hard to seed now, so many player matchup triangles etc
peach - man you're so good
noxus - shoutouts to you for giving shoutouts after not actually attending. 20xx level stuff

match of the day for me was 100% bus vs ajtn
watching ajtn step up and bus crumble, equally inspiring/heartbreaking, the beauty of melee

to anyone who attended but is not a member of the vic smash fb group:
WTF U DOIN? https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/
pretty much a sin not to be in this group!

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
First Jamie, now Nido?
How come you PK kids all wanna pick up Marth for your Melee top tier?

You guys still salty about the regrab infinite in Brawl?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
1 more shoutout

dave: vs me so I can prove you for the fraud you are. You got away with Peach last time against Squirtle but Lucas is a chauvinistic, masculine, privileged, /r/theredpill loving alpha-male who will oppress peach.
also ur marth is free

while my posts are usually full of ****, this one is just super duper **** and i gotta say i mean no offence (cept to dave). /r/theredpill might have been too far pls no infraction.

@ Splice Splice , marth just has big shield i wanna reflect laser. might switch to falco/fox to get better at tech skill tho.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Melee doubles was so much fun. Not sure why, but I had a blast. Singles was... Less enjoyable. Maybe because some scrub used Link on me.

I realised I'm terrible at the 1 stock ruleset in brawl; in every match in WF + GF except one, I lost stock one first. Need the pressure.

Also, love commentating with Joey. Highlight of my day.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
1 more shoutout

dave: vs me so I can prove you for the fraud you are. You got away with Peach last time against Squirtle but Lucas is a chauvinistic, masculine, privileged, /r/theredpill loving alpha-male who will oppress peach.
also ur marth is free

while my posts are usually full of ****, this one is just super duper **** and i gotta say i mean no offence (cept to dave). /r/theredpill might have been too far pls no infraction.

@ Splice Splice , marth just has big shield i wanna reflect laser. might switch to falco/fox to get better at tech skill tho.
****, just looked up /r/theredpill
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
That's not a good place. Pls take lucas home
Also, pls infract Jamie. he needs more points

On topic, I want to see dave exposed

DD_

Smash Journeyman
match of the day for me was 100% bus vs ajtn
watching ajtn step up and bus crumble, equally inspiring/heartbreaking, the beauty of melee
I can't believe I missed this.

Didn't even tie with anyone for last place because I'm just that good.
Don't let the placing get you down, your Roy was good and the only reason I got on top of you was that you started getting mad. It's great that you have the passion to win but getting mad and cursing not only makes you play worse but also usually means you learn less. Trust me I learnt that lesson the hard way :)

Top Bottom