• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hard to say. I haven't seen the venue either.

If melee brings in big numbers again, it's hard for them to deny us space. We can very potentially outnumber them.

Jei/dean/SD: I leave the setup and PM to you guys. I should arrive during the allocated break time.

S.D

Smash Master
I'll be bringing my wii then. Can't bring my CRT on the train though. On a semi unrelated now my friend who is a big smash 64 player was tempted to come and bring his 64 and was wondering if there was anyone who would want to play friendlies on 64.
Time restrictions and lack of available setups means there won't be room to run a 64 setup. Sorry bro. Look fwd to meeting you though.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Definitely coming, but will be there around 5.30-6 for singles, same goes for Danza and Steve.

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I'm really sorry guys but I can't make this one. Reason is because I feel ill prepared and much rather make a hype comeback at BAM at SurPr15e vs the world. Plus travelling to a place like CQ hotel is much closer than having to travel to Collingwood. Also parents are working and I feel like training and experimenting more. I'll see you guys at BAM.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm really sorry guys but I can't make this one. Reason is because I feel ill prepared and much rather make a hype comeback at BAM at SurPr15e vs the world. Plus travelling to a place like CQ hotel is much closer than having to travel to Collingwood. Also parents are working and I feel like training and experimenting more. I'll see you guys at BAM.
what a suprise, he's
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
Just a reminder for everyone to please cooperate with the running for this event; we're running more with less equipment and time than normal. Please make things easy.

And bring TVs and Wiis!

Sociallylazy

Smash Rookie
Okay so I'm outside the place and I have no idea where to go ;_;

Edit: also brought wii with smash and PM

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
results!

Melee doubles
1. Redact + Epic
2. Jei + S.D
3. Tak + Splice
4. Tux + Dean
5. Tommy + Forte
5. Miles + Cody
7. Monkey + Aggro
7. Mezer + Cowboy Johnny
9. DRTY + Tan
9. Dave + Nathan
13. Daniel + Pierce
[collapse=Melee doubles bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl doubles
1. Jei + Khoa
2. Tux + Luke
3. Splice + Timic
4. Dean + ViVa
5. Nathan + Matt
[collapse=Brawl doubles bracket]
[/collapse]

Project M singles
1. S.D
2. Atticus
3. Samuel L Blaxon
4. Jamwa
5. Matt G
5. Splice
7. Redact
7. Tak
9. Jei
9. Cowboy Joe
9. Forte
9. Cody
13. Mezer
13. Timic
13. Miles
13. ViVa
17. Dave A
17. Luke
17. Zac
17. Nathan
17. Tommy
17. Audacity
17. Tux
[collapse=Project M bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee singles
1. S.D
2. Dekar
3. Atticus
4. Redact
5. Tak
5. Splice
7. Timic
7. Matt G
9. Forte
9. Joey
9. Tux
9. Touko
13. Attila
13. Jei
13. Wolfis
13. Jamwa
17. Dave A
17. RGB is Destructive
17. Mezer
17. Monkey
17. Miles
17. drty
17. ViVa
17. Nathan
25. Zac
25. Tai
25. Tommy
25. Jesse
25. Juci
[collapse=Melee singles bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl singles
1. Attila
2. Tomiie
3. Steve
4. Splice
5. Jei
5. Dean
7. ViVa
7. Danza
9. Matt G
9. Tux
9. Jamwa
9. Tak
13. Timic
13. Nathan G
13. Dekar
13. Luke
17. Khoa
17. pan1c
[collapse=Brawl singles bracket]
[/collapse]

Splice

Smash Hero
Good games Phil, Jared (in Melee) and Daniel (in PM) and Khoa (in Brawl)

Thanks heaps, I appreciated playing you all.
Shoutouts to Tomiie too; you've gotten pretty good.

I think we did really well on setups, good effort to everyone who brought TVs Wii's Gamecubes and other equipment.
I think better management of the setups as to what games are on them at what time could help us cut down on time. There should have been less Brawl setups earlier in the day but once P:M was finished there should have been just one P:M TV and 3 or 4 for Brawl. Brawl didn't get enough TV's overall which may have slowed down everything (with players in melee brackets waiting to play brawl matches too). Minor issues, all events finished and it was the first tournament in a while.
I'm happy to help out with this and seed the bracket and push people to play their tournament games, in future. I think it'd be easier if we split the workload further instead of "hey S.D u can do all this".
Also, perhaps we can re-organise our space into rows or something so we have a bit more space. It gets cramped in the corners and there is a lot of unused space in the middle of the room.

Hope everyone had a good time.

S.D

Smash Master
Agree we could use our space a little more effectively, corners too cramped and inaccessible, rows much better, or two tables together with four crts facing away from one another with room to move, anyway could use a bit more thought at the start of the day.
I'm happy for people to put their hands up and help with TOing, it really saps the fun out of the day when you're constantly organising entrants, setups, brackets, matches etc etc etc etc thanks to dean/jei/dekar when he arrived I'd had enough by that point lol.
Keen for more PM, kind of wish I had a wii so I could actually practice it. Love Pit, shame I had to cop out on him to combat fox only atticus XD

ViVa

Smash Ace
1 Stock Brawl was fun I guess. Shoutouts to everyone who played lots of friendlies vs my boozer. I enjoyed messing around with him.
Shoutouts to Jamwa for screwing up, your paycheck is in the mail.
Shoutouts to Splice and Steve for making me feel bad for playing boozer.
Shoutouts to Boozer's side-b for being inconsistent and probably having bugs or something.
Shoutouts to S.D/Dean/Jei/Dekar/others? for your T.O work.
Shoutouts to everyone else for idk.

Attila_

BRoomer
Definitely like the 'rows' idea; we will use that in the future. I spoke to the cw guys and apparently someone said we had enough tables; suppose there was some miscommunication somewhere. We'll fix that for BAM.

Anyone who entered brawl: what did we think of one stock?

Splice

Smash Hero
I prefer it.
You get punished more for not being very on point from the start of the set.
I also feel that going from one game to the next (with a complete reset in stocks and percent) allowed players to adjust what they were doing faster, seemed to me like it was easier to adapt across 5 one stock matches rather than a couple of three stock ones. Being a fast learner seemed a bit more key than just being able to be patient.
It was also of course much faster and personally I had some fun.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
shoutouts!

ViVa: thanks for brawl dubs. it is unfortunate that double bowser does not work as well in three-stock matches 3: your bowser is pretty lol and gives no ****s, hopefully you start to come to tournaments more regularly (y)
Tux: thanks for melee teams bro, fourth is personally a great result for me because i'm putrid at melee so if you teamed with someone else maybe you would have been able to get even higher?! such skills. was nice to play you in brawl for once as well
all the dudes we played in brawl dubs: there were some good games in there, shoutouts to shadow moses island and mushroomy kingdom in particular :coolmonke:
all the melee dubs dudes: thanks to bill and tak for showing us what's up, the double falcon dudes for entertaining games and forte and tommy for some ggs
jei: games were really fun and close and it was good to see that you were the one that ended up on top in this encounter (y) also cheers for helping run tournament
jamwa: you just fly around with your nairs and other lucas stuff and i have nfi what to do ?_? luckily for me i'm dedede so i just need to grab. but ggs
danza: you really just annihilated me in the first few games and were real unlucky to not take out the set, you have improved a lot since the last time i fought you. was not expecting rob *_*
tomiie: man i remember at your first tournament where i beat you with bowser. you have improved so much since then you should be proud (y) completely outclassed me in our set
attila + khoa: thanks for friendlies.
s.d: big thanks for everything you did to help run this tournament

Indifferent towards one stock matches. Personally I think I play better in longer games but logically I have no complaints.
It kind of sucked barely being able to speak but it was still a fun tournament!

Attila_

BRoomer
@ Shaya Shaya : if that strat was OP, i don't see why ganon wouldn't be able to do it for three stocks. this isn't a winning strategy.

@DEAN: i feel that longer games normally discriminate against the weaker player; a weaker player can only keep up with a stronger player for so long before they crumble. but at the same time, if you look at the WF set between myself and steve, you see that he won the first two games, then lost 5 in short succession; he couldn't keep up. the extra games can serve to fill that void.

Danza

Smash Apprentice
One stock is great, i usually lose my momentum towards the ending when it's 3 stocks, this mostly happens with Wolf because i already waste too much of my ultimate spam energy at the start. Wolf is so crazy in my hands, some would think i'm playing Brawl Melee style !, but this "Melee" style of play does not work well for characters such as Meta Knight and Diddy Kong (those damn bananas), so i refuse to choose Wolf, you are then saved from a brutal defeat. In that case, i would choose a more calm character against Diddy and MK and all the chain-grabers, R.O.B (2nd in my tier list). R.O.B is not much of a spammy, go hard character, he doesn't quite have the flexibility that Wolf (Top Tier in my list) possesses.
Whenever i want to play normal, i go with R.O.B or Lucario, when the time comes to destroy, full spastik mode kicks in, Wolf appears ! LOL.
Other characters that may prevent Wolf's crazy spam are King Dedede and Ice Climbers. Falco is sort of another at times if i can even get grabbed.

Jamwa: great friendlies as always :), where do you rate my Lucas ? LOL.

Khoa: great friendlies as always :), sorry i was playing idiotic towards the end, as i was watching the semi finals on the next screen.

Timic: that Snake man... badass, gotten better, ggs.

Attila: that Snake is too g, 100% badass ! ... and i was surprised i took on Falco with Wolf, i now think i have a character to fight you with, Wolf is also 100% badass. ggs.

Dean: ah yeah thanks man, i was happy with that performance, it seems as i understand King Dedede more now than i ever did with R.O.B, i will fight you with Wolf next time. ggs.

I was waiting for something different instead of 9th place like 5 times in a row, so 7th was ok.

Wulfis

Smash Rookie
Had a good time at my first tourney in ages. Thanks Dekar and S.D and other organisers/contributors :066:

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to SD and Dekar for running a tight ship.

I didn't play much Brawl (~10 games ViVa), but I definitely preferred the single stock matches. It means I don't seem to get wrecked as hard. I don't get 3 stocked anymore. I'm more inclined to play single stock than the 3-stock matches.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
For those who aren't aware Redact was one hit away from a reverse 4 stock on me.
and I was one hit away from a reverse 4-stock against atticus in p:m!
i made the rookie mistake of looking at the screen again

ggs all, welcome to the newcomers

Top Bottom