• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
How tight the scheduling is largely depends on how many setups we have.

We'll need plenty of tvs, wiis (hacked pls) and gamecubes.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
OP updated. Took a while to find how to change the thread title lol.

I'll add the poster when my comp stops being a bish.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Is this the new permanent SLHQ? I can't make it to this one, though.
Also you might want to put the Apex Project: M ruleset in the OP.

Project M 3.0 Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 2

Dreamland (64)

Fountain of Dreams

Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)

SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 2

Dreamland (64)

Fountain of Dreams

Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)

SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Pokemon Stadium 1

Lylat Cruise

Wario Ware

Green Hill Zone

Skyloft

Skyworld
Really just need the stagelist anyway, everything else is the Melee ruleset

Last edited:

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Is brawl singles running before or after doubles? Hoping it's after else won't be able to make it :(

Attila_

BRoomer
Kk, a few important things.

1. PM will run first. A lot of the PM setups will be able to become brawl setups later. And id imagine that most melee guys would want to enter PM anyway. This is the easiest way to run it.

2. The SLHQ guys have nothing to do with this one. That means that WE HAVE NO TVS OR SETUPS UNLESS PEOPLE BRING THEM. It's been a while, but this is how we used to run things. Everyone should bring a game and setup, no excuses. Everyone who had a car should bring a CRT. If we don't all contribute, this event will fail miserably.

3. Brawl will be trailing a one stock ruleset. I will post the ruleset in its entirety tomorrow. This is something the international ruleset committee had discussed, and I feel it needs to be tested.

Someone please share this post on the Facebook group for me; I'm at work lol

Attila_

BRoomer
Brawl Ruleset
  • 1 Stock
  • 3 Minute Time Limit
  • The winner is determined by a best of 5 set in most cases; winner's/loser's semi finals are best of 7 and winner's loser's finals and grand finals are determined by a best of 9.
  • Items set to “Off” and “None”
  • Pause set to “Off”
  • Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape and extended dimensional cape are banned.
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • There is a 15 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
    • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
    • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
    • If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
  • Modified DSR: A player/team may not counter-pick the last stage they won on in the current set.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR
  • The M2K rule: By entering this tournament, a player agrees to play their matches on any setup requested by the TO, and agree to have their matches recorded, commentated, and/or uploaded as the TO sees fit.
  • Any acts of forfeiting, match fixing, pot splitting and/or bracket manipulation are subject to punishment from the TO.
  • Scrooging is banned (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
    * If a player travels under the stage, they must land on stage before they are allowed to fly under the stage again. Landing on a platform or grabbing a ledge does not constitute landing on stage.
    *If a player is found to be performing the act of scrooging by a tournament organizer (by his/her discretion), the player will forfeit that match.
  • Players may request a double blind for character selection
Singles Stage List:

Neutral:
FD
BF
SV
YI (Brawl)
Lylat

CP:
PS1

Aaaaaaand that's it. Most things are unchanged. Halberd is removed from the CP list, almost the entire 3 minutes will be airborne, which leaves very little room for neutral play. The ledge grab limit is pretty difficult to gauge; we'll have to play it and see. Obvs some characters get buffed (D3, ZSS, Squirtle <3) but the overall metagame shouldn't shift too far. But things should go much quicker. A best of 9 can be decided in 5 stocks; that's potentially the length of 1 and a half 3 stock games. Looking forward to getting some feedback.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Guys. Will this event be streamed or recorded? If so, do you guys want me to commentate? I can do Melee or Brawl or both if it suits you. Also do you guys think that a pre SurPr15e vs the world should happen as a precursor to BAM or should an event be made to decide the competitors for SurPr15e vs the world, you choose. Anyway, if you want me to commentate I'll probably be able to come, if not I'll see you guys at BAM. If I do come, I'll bring some Slipknot and will challenge Bus to build up some hype for BAM.

P.S If I don't come or am not commentating, don't worry Dean. I'll be at BAM and you can bet I'll be commentating there (that is if you let me use your setup again).

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Though one stock does sound fun to try, it's also quite annoying, tripping will be twice as annoying now, and games could come down to flukes. However I tend to start strong and finish poor, so I'm actually looking forward to this.

Also I assume singles srarts at around 5?

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
If we're running PM, Melee and Brawl should we consider running doubles as an 'if time allows'? Or just smash it out first and get it done BEFORE everyone starts playing singles?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm with sam on this one, seem's a little ambitious to try and run 5 mash tournaments in 8 hours when we know we're going to have less setups than usual and are expecting pretty good numbers

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm completely against this idea myself but the logical thing to do is not run a PM tournament then.
Given there are melee only players and brawl only players, PM isn't a massive priority despite it being a favorite.
I think planning anything at all is difficult until we know how many set ups we will have.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Dedede really does get screwed over by the whole stock-lead factor. Because the best strategy against D3 is abusing his lack of mobility and running away hard core at a solid lead (stock lead). Like... Pikachu vs Dedede..... ..........

Realistically the MU wouldn't change, but i'd say there's more "reward" available for Dedede to make certain decisions/plays in 1 stock matches and maybe pulling off the stock to win a match.

Last edited:

Sociallylazy

Smash Rookie
Okay so I'm new to the competitive side of smash and am considering making the trip up to Sydney for it, I was wondering if you guys need an extra wii? Because if I come I can bring mine.

ViVa

Smash Ace
1 stock sounds interesting.
I'll bring my wii(how are we for tvs?) and see you all saturday. Also yeah I agree with having doubles only if there's enough time.

Attila_

BRoomer
Schedule as I see it:

1-1:30 registration
1:30 - 4:30 PM singles and doubles
4:30 - 5:00 dinner break
5:00 - 6:30 start brawl/melee doubles
6:30 - 10 brawl/melee singles

I reckon there's plenty of time. Just gotta run a tight ship. Brawl shouldn't take more than 2 hours realistically. People will be DQ'd if they make things difficult. I will arrive around 4:30 and pull the reigns tighter if needed.

Okay so I'm new to the competitive side of smash and am considering making the trip up to Sydney for it, I was wondering if you guys need an extra wii? Because if I come I can bring mine.
To Sydney?

Tourney is in Melbourne. Please don't go to Sydney.

Sociallylazy

Smash Rookie
Schedule as I see it:

1-1:30 registration
1:30 - 4:30 PM singles and doubles
4:30 - 5:00 dinner break
5:00 - 6:30 start brawl/melee doubles
6:30 - 10 brawl/melee singles

I reckon there's plenty of time. Just gotta run a tight ship. Brawl shouldn't take more than 2 hours realistically. People will be DQ'd if they make things difficult. I will arrive around 4:30 and pull the reigns tighter if needed.

To Sydney?

Tourney is in Melbourne. Please don't go to Sydney.
Meant Melbourne -_- my bad

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
as there is no tvs/setups from SLHQ, here is a PSA:

IMPORTANT NOTE:

IF YOU CAN BRING ANYTHING AT ALL, BRING IT.
DO NOT EVER THINK THERE WILL BE ENOUGH SETUPS/TVS/ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE THERE NEVER IS.

that is all

Sociallylazy

Smash Rookie
I'll be bringing my wii then. Can't bring my CRT on the train though. On a semi unrelated now my friend who is a big smash 64 player was tempted to come and bring his 64 and was wondering if there was anyone who would want to play friendlies on 64.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ban YI
actually dont because now i can cp YI with squirtle (dthrow op on those ledges)
but actually ban LC

Last edited:

Danza

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with BF?
because it ruins the way i play, my play style is a fast paced hardcore smasher !, as most have seen with Wolf, i like to mash buttons, brutally destroying my opponents... so yeah, i spam. Wolf is the best spammer, also Mario recently has been fired up in my hands, since you play with Mario, i ditto challenge you, lol... my Mario is deadly trust me. Back to battlefield, only Meta Knight can be worthy on this triple platform sudden killer !, anyways MK is gay not a spammer, literally impossible. Now i guess everyone knows why i ban battlefield, it costs me the wins. Final Destination (spam central) and Smashville are my best.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm bringing a large tv and two smaller ones. One wii with brawl. That's all I've got.
I love danza posts.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I love danza posts.
Whoa Jei. I just got one question for you. Do you like SurPr15e posts? Make your answer as SurPr15ing as possible. Also, I want a rematch in Melee against your Yoshi. This time I won't screw up my inputs like I did last time I versed you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom