• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah haha I want to do Low Tiers again. Must beat Splice's DK with Yoshi. Also not get destroyed by Nido omfg3stocked

ViVa

Smash Ace
Jei wants to do low tier? I think he means mid tier...

Mid Tier

D:
:kirby2:(±0) :dk2:(+2) :sonic:(±0) :ike:(+1) :sheilda:(-3) :sheik:(±0)
(+1) :yoshi2:
(-1)

Lower Mid Tier

E:
(+1) :pt:(-1) :lucas:(±0)

Low Tier

F:
(±0) :samus2:(±0) :bowser2:(±0) :falcon:(±0) :link2:(+1) :jigglypuff:(-1)
(±0) :ganondorf:
(±0)

Jamwa

Smash Champion
They actually put Lucas in "Lower Mid Tier"...
and he didn't even move above anyone...
I don't get why he's ranked so bad, his frame data is actually quite nice

Danza

Smash Apprentice
hmm... can R.O.B be used for the Low-Mid Tier Tourny ?. Also i am not looking for a Brawl Doubles team mate at the moment, but if someone wants to play Doubles there i guess i can join... i offer great power :)

ViVa

Smash Ace
R.O.B was allowed last month. Not anymore unless we allow C- Tier which would give us access to R.O.B and Peach, which seems okay I guess. Ask Jei though, I'm not the TO lol.

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
Ok I can get there at 6:30PM, and will be there even if tournament will have ended.
hmm... can R.O.B be used for the Low-Mid Tier Tourny ?. Also i am not looking for a Brawl Doubles team mate at the moment, but if someone wants to play Doubles there i guess i can join... i offer great power :)
I was also semi-keen to play doubles, and since my brother is away with his school band atm, I can team with you if you would like; can't say no since you offer so much :) This is however provided they run anything by the time I'm there.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
great power =/= magic

Timic and i will win by only agreeing to play on shadow moses island

Dekar289

Smash Hero
enough, bus
i know myself, sd and toshi are confirmed, probs many more
melee is running
depending on attendance we could do triple elim, stamina items all stages etc

Danza

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B was allowed last month. Not anymore unless we allow C- Tier which would give us access to R.O.B and Peach, which seems okay I guess. Ask Jei though, I'm not the TO lol.
Ok, yeah i noticed R.O.B was allowed last time, but i also have other good low-mid tier characters so nevermind about R.O.B lol, Donkey Kong is king.

Ok I can get there at 6:30PM, and will be there even if tournament will have ended.

I was also semi-keen to play doubles, and since my brother is away with his school band atm, I can team with you if you would like; can't say no since you offer so much :) This is however provided they run anything by the time I'm there.
That would be great, seeing if im still there at 6:30pm, which i most likely will be. Yes my power is too great to not accept :).

great power =/= magic

Timic and i will win by only agreeing to play on shadow moses island
the way i handle R.O.B and Lucario = Magic !... lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
im gunna be so tired... and there's overdue uni stuff i should do instead
sorry guys, see ya'll at bam
im sure sd will still run melee with plenty of entrants

Splice

Smash Hero
here is da results for No-MK Doubles, and the results for Brawl Low Tiers

Brawl MK-Free Doubles
1. You'll Be Nicks - Splice and Nicks GnW + Wario (trivia: lost no sets, gw nicks)
2. OoS is Down - Shaya and Attila ToonLink + Falco
3. Jei NBA - Jei and Khoa Pit + Snake/Diddy
4. Lee and Luigi - Lee and Viva? Sonic + Luigi
5. NIPPON - Gary and Sebby These people can only play MK, automatically DQ'd
5. Shakey and Nick Riddle - Jamwa and Yosh Lucas/Ness + ZSS

Brawl Lower Tier Singles (Kirby and lower)
1. Attila Lucas (Losing is for fools)
2. Shaya Sheik (mostly) (Lost to Jamwa and manner forfeit vs Attila)
3. Nicks Donkey Kong (Lost to Shaya and Attila)
4. Jamwa Lucas (Lost to Nicks and Shaya)
5. Lee Sonic (lost to Attila and then left)
5. Khoa (Lost to Nicks and Jamwa)
7. Dean (Lost to Lee and then left)
7. Splice Donkey Kong (lost to Shaya and Attila)
9. Viva (Lost to Nicks and Splice)
9. Ledge (Lost to Dean and Shaya)
9. Yosh (Lost to Attila and bad bracket organisation)
9. Toshi (Lost to Shaya and then left the tournament)
13. Jei Yoshi (Lost to Yosh and Splice)
13. DANZA (Lost to Lee and Ledge)
13. bye
13. bye
17. Sebby (Lost to Khoa and Viva)

Timic's Fun Size 2-Man-Bracket
1. Timic (Lost to FatDaddy Inc)
2. FatDaddyInc (Lost to Timic and Timic)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How about you say Shaya lost in a best of 1 death stare and hugging contest to Attila for the mid-tier grand finals. Super accurate ;)
And I don't think Attila used Snake once in no-mk doubles.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Brawl doubles bracket was kinda deleted... don't know what happened there.
Anyway Splice and Sebby won and Jei and Khoa came second.

Brawl singles:
1. Shaya (Marth)
2. Ledge (Meta Knight)
3. Sebby (Meta Knight)
4. ViVa (Luigi/Mario)
5. Dean (King Dedede)
5. Jamwa (Lucas)
7. Splice (Olimar)
7. Jei (Pit)
9. Nicks
9. Danza
9. Khoa
9. Toshi
13. Matt G
13. Timic
13. Mozart
[collapse=bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee singles:
Don't know results.
[collapse=incomplete bracket]
[/collapse]

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
GGs to all last night, and thanx to Jei for being an awesome TO.
Danza: I got there a little late cause I couldn't resist lamb chops that I had for dinner. Sorry I didn't get to play with you. I didn't even get to meet you.
Any chances you are coming to BAM?
Ima go back to bed

S.D

Smash Master
Melee results

1. S(ex).D(awg)
2. Toshi
3. Redact
4. Skeletom

Not sure about the rest didn't look at the bracket.

Shout outs to Skeletom and Kier for the friendlies, you guys have improved a lot since the last time we played. In fact the only match I dropped in the tournament was to Tom. GG

Also shouts to Toshi and mixers.

Danza

Smash Apprentice
9th, really ?, i was expecting worse than that. Because of how much people have improved, i think it's time to change some characters.
Oh and i never entered low tier singles lol, the only time i played Ledge was in doubles, and i never played Lee.
@YoshiAustralia, lol that's ok, if you are coming to the next monthly we can have some friendlies and even enter doubles, if you want to, unfortunately i won't be attending BAM.
GGs with everyone, especially the long friendlies i had with Jamwa, Khoa and Mozart.
Jamwa your Lucas is crazy now ahah. Khoa some matches were funny, Donkey Kong vs Snake for example. Mozart that Wolf vs Wolf match was awesome, i always wanted to play you with Wolf to see which is greater, and you came on top.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
2. Ledge - Nice to see you again and congrats on rising up the ranks to where you are. At least I know who I can trust with discussing doubles viability, unlike the other scrubs ;). Becoming more reactionary and getting power shielding into your arsenal will really improve your play. Against Marth it's pretty hard to "space" when stuff like my fair and nair can beat any move you have bar glide attack/fsmash, but you can still space. Remember what I said about shield extending and whatnot? MK's ftilt is designed to abuse that space to stupid levels - the third hit has enough extra range to cover the scenario that your opponent isn't shielding (so spacing ftilt is the first and second hits on the maximum reach of their shields to be god tier levels safe).

3. Sebby (Meta Knight) - When tornado and nair wasn't working out for you well, you kinda fell to the wayside and I think if you were paying attention to the other parts of your play that were working out for you you would've done better. For most MK players, they aren't used to having someone consistently punish every thing they do. I liked that you had the balls to chase me off stage, although in a lot of scenarios just grabbing the edge at a good time will have a lot better results ;). Marth's recover isn't too easy to gimp as long as I have my midair jump. You got some youthful reaction speed which had you power shield more of my things than anyone else did on the day. Power shielding isn't a fluke and abusing it is a skill. Grabbing my power shielded fairs is usually a waste ;)

4. ViVa (Luigi/Mario) - You're good. And you're smart. You probably have some of the best fundamentals going for you in Melbourne but you don't have the experience/knowledge of all the scenarios or the intricacies of the game, but you wouldn't take long to adapt to those things, IMO. Good luck with Marth and feel free to ask me anything and everything.

5. Dean (King Dedede) - My hardest set the entire day, my god was I scared ****less. Wasn't really comfortable at all with Marth with how you play D3 and whatnot, you make it hard to pressure easily and you probably should be more confident of your skills than you are. The "curse" of a non-top tier, being just that 1% or so worse due to character choice that stops you from being a significant threat to top players. You can pull through it as Dedede though, but if you really feel you've reached your peek with him you may want to start developing a faster paced secondary, even if you don't use it in tournament.

5. Jamwa (Lucas) - Your lucas is very good but the fundamentals are really lacking, but I'm not really sure why. First match we played you weren't rolling stupidly, weren't staying in your shield for too long nor being repetitive with moves, but then in a short period of time it felt like you lost that, and on my side it only felt like I was getting the timing of power shielding your aerials a bit better, so I'm not sure what happened. Good luck with Lucas though, there is definitely a much higher peak above you that you can pull through as Lucas (I've seen it/played against it) and I think its a lot of fundamentals as well as "using" your abilities of Lucas in stronger / smarter ways; be less gimmicky and actually abuse the strengths of your character.

7. Splice (Olimar) - Don't side b yellows dog, it's a complete waste :p. Don't worry about the money you owe me, put it into buying a new wallet ;) Thanks for housing and the funsies and the mutual body heat. You're a douche for try harding in no-mk doubles :(.

7. Jei (Pit) - You make me feel bad for buffering spot dodge. hahaahaha :(
9. Nicks - You can get better at this game, and likely very fast. You need to learn and experience all the options that exist in this game and getting comfortable with applying them. One of wario's many strengths is being able to reset to neutral. If one thing doesn't go "right", you shouldn't snowball the wrong in the opponent's favour. Good to see you though and it's nice you're still into the game. From what I see, you're a very good doubles partner.

9. Khoa - If you still have the passion for the game, there's aaaaaaaaa lot you can improve in, and I think there's a lot of help within the scene you can find if you look/ask for it. Has been a really long time since we've played, see you next time :D

13. Timic - Too good in melee for me :(. I let tibor down :(. This is all zxv's fault though. He told me I need to crouch cancel grab all of sheik's ****. I have no idea what the **** that really means but it didn't work. **** melee.

Top Bottom