• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All hope is lost.

L0Zr just texted me telling me he out. Step it up, dude.

Purple

Hi guys!
No they don't need to be split; you're using one personal example to base the entire community. The tournament host needs to be on that **** making sure people don't have matches halted...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Kevin was holdin up both brackets for like an hour cause he left.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so I am VERY salty about how I was knocked out of the tourney (a bowser who was getting worked by my zleda that sd twiced who then knew he couldn't win and used the claw); but that is beside the point. I knew I had read somewhere/been informed that there was a new way to determine the outcomes of suicide moves. Bowser's suicide used to be a win for him; but I knew that that was no longer true. However, no one at the tournament was aware of this so I had no way to prove this. Now I know its too late to fix things, but I am making this post in the hope that it will be FULLY discussed (with TO input) so as to avoid unnecessary confusion in further tourneys. This comes directly from the BBR:

This ruleset is the recommendation of the Brawl Back Room for how to run competitive Super Smash Brothers: Brawl tournaments. We do not condemn TOs for holding tournaments with alternative or even noncompetitive rulesets. It was through experimentation and open but critical thinking that we reached these recommendations, and we encourage TOs to continue the search for improvements and novelties.

However, there are rules which, after debate, we do not recommend for competitive tournaments:
Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites.

The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.

Athough the BBR disapproves of players "coaching" other players during a tournament match, the universal and fair enforcement of a rule to prevent it appears to be improbable.

The bowser-cide goes to a sudden death match in which case the bowser and I should have fought it out, 1 stock, 3 mins. I would like it for these updates to the old ruleset to be considered. It would make things a lot clearer if everyone was playing by the same ruleset. I wasn't worried about a bowser-cide because I thought it would be pointless. But alas because of the confusion, I eneded up with a big 'L.'

So even if these recommendations of changes to the old ruleset are not upheld, at least I and others will know they are not. I would just like to point out that the BBR strongly reccomends these things.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
and sorry for the double post but I thought this would add very much to the discussion. It is BBR's defense of these changes (and I know there is probably a more appropriate place for all this but I see foxy and maria post here quite a bit and I think this is probably the best way to get the TOs to become informed of these rule changes).

The new suicide rule complies with a gap in our previous rule set which did not properly cover the occurrence of a draw in the two standard victory conditions.
For clarification, the two victory conditions that exist in competitive brawl are to take three stock from your opponent before they do the same to you or being further away from death (decided by stocks/percentage) than your opponent when a match reaches the 8 minute timer.

This rule covers any possible time out with two players at the same stock and percent, as well as the more common sudden death occurring due to the last stock of both players being lost at the same time. The BBR feels that this rule fairly applies to all situations which result in sudden death that the previous ruleset did not cover. Arbitrarily giving Bowser an advantage was deemed inappropriate, regardless of his position on the tier list. Ignoring the result of the end-game screen through a character specific rule in the case of Ganondorf follows suit.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
in response to Snap; as far as I can tell mlg does not have ruling on it at all. The only reason the game used to go to Bowser was because the the BBR v. 2.0 ruling. v.3.0 has overturned this ruling.

so.....I guess my argument isn't so invalid is it?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
josh woke me up by drunkenly calling me at 4:30am.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Shoutouts? (I usually don't do these)

Maria- Thanks for hosting this it was an awesome last tournament for me, I don't care if Brawl singles started late, it was still good, I think I made it a bit farther in brax than I usually do?

@Stingers- I'll still get on wifi like once a week so I don't diminish 100% if I ever come back to a dead smash scene in a year?

@Karn- http://www.amazon.com/Altus-Athleti...r_1_6?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284923003&sr=8-6

They do have higher weight vests apparently, I'd look around Amazon more (That's where I buy all my stuff online)

@Plur- Love your hugs, its better than drugs.

Alright, I'd give more, but I have to get ready for work.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
Good games everybody. It was a lot of fun. I wish I could have played a few more of you, I spent most of the day/night playing like the same 5 people lol.

I'm still here for a few more days, looking for an apartment around Raleigh.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
melee
1) dr pay pay (balco and other chars)
2) evergagging gay (box balco)
3) Michael Gordon (beach)
4) Doop (Beach)
5) Mariabattleaxe (excellent TO skills)
5) l0zr (awesome southern accent)
7) Twitch (Wavebird)
7)
7)
9) Rangaha/RJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9THBsHeODQ)
9)

Melee teams
1) pp yay
2) mike g dop

barlw teams
1) biglou + shadypenguin

barlw singles
1) biglou/Lounis (luigi and snake)
1) Kadaj (mk/snake/marth)

they split for 1st so GA's car could leave sooner.
kadaj was coming from loser's and biglou had 3-0'd him with snake in winner's finals

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
If you lose to a suicide move in Brawl you deserve to lose.

Anyone who disagrees is pathetic.

--------

This tournament was AMAZING.

Top Bottom