• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

*CT*

Smash Lord
If I enter Melee can you rig the brax so I play PP 1st round :p

Also this is officially my last tournament of the year, going on a long hiatus after this for Bawrl, I just got my refund for Pound V, I decided that I'm not gonna go to that either now, I have a few other important things I should focus on.

wooo I'm 19 now :p

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
I'm flying out to NC tomorrow morning (the 16th) to look for an apartment. I should be able to make this (for Brawl).

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wow nc became a hot spot all of a sudden. 3 brawlers moved in just this year, not to mention that *** kadaj.

It's good to meet you P.I

**** you CT

happy bday though.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
If I enter Melee can you rig the brax so I play PP 1st round :p

Also this is officially my last tournament of the year, going on a long hiatus after this for Bawrl, I just got my refund for Pound V, I decided that I'm not gonna go to that either now, I have a few other important things I should focus on.

wooo I'm 19 now :p
I will rig the bracket for you lolol
I am sure a lot of NC will be grateful for your sacrifice :)
Also! Happy Birthday bro

I'm flying out to NC tomorrow morning (the 16th) to look for an apartment. I should be able to make this (for Brawl).
Welcome to NC, nice to meet you :)

KoozyK

Smash Ace
This tourney has a huuuuuuge turn out. i cant wait.

how many set ups are we looking at maria?

Bden, we still on for some matches today? is ksk coming tonight?

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Well, there is a new installment...
There is a lady having a freaking birthday party from 5-7 on Saturday... she wants all the big screens.
We do not have access to the bar to put our set ups on until after 7 :/

This means we only get the two corners by the windows for our set ups. (with big screens removed and tables set up)

I can probably get 8-10 set ups max into those two corners. After the birthday party ends... at ****ing 7... we can take over the bar and have more set ups for friendlies/remaining tournament sets.

Because of the lack of space for our setups, I get to determine what is going to be playing on each set up. If I say turn your set up into melee or brawl, it has to be done. I always like tournament matches being played on the bigger screened tvs so those will probably be the first to turn into a tournament set up for whatever game is being run at the moment. Smaller screened tvs will most likely be the friendly tvs.

Also, I think I will be running the low tier tournament during either brawl doubles or brawl singles (whenever we get free access to the bar for extra set ups) Either that or I will start the low tier tournament right after melee singles and put the bracket up for brawl doubles for people who want to start playing their matches (so basically what I just said but a little different)

NOBODY PANIC NOW
We will have plenty of room and everything will work out alright. I have done some super planning and some snot nosed kid's birthday ain't ruining nuffin. Heck, maybe we can even sing the little *** a happy birthday.
We got this :)

So bring your set ups anyways people! no such thing as too many set ups.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Are there gonna be any Brawl set ups while Melee is going on? Me and Sushi want to come early.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
can i get a wtf for the random as kids party?
aye sleepy u can ask the kidd if u can blow out his candles with him.
maybe even ask his paernts if u can open a present lol

thers a bar?
yea im trying to smash while getting smashed too...

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Are there gonna be any Brawl set ups while Melee is going on? Me and Sushi want to come early.
I will make sure to have a couple of brawl set ups open.

when you say bar i assume its not what i want?
A few irish car bombs would be delicious
haha pretty sure it is a furniture type of bar that runs along the wall

can i get a wtf for the random as kids party?
aye sleepy u can ask the kidd if u can blow out his candles with him.
maybe even ask his paernts if u can open a present lol

thers a bar?
yea im trying to smash while getting smashed too...
apparently the mom is some kind of *****, but yeah no getting smashed at that particular bar since it is not a liquor bar looool
After closing we may be able to drink in there, let me double check that cause that would be pretty awesome.

lord karn

Smash Master
Are you not potentially playing for money in this case? And you ignored that there are other factors involved with every tournament match, and that winning or losing affects your PR placing potentially, your tournament placing, your bragging rights, and so on.
Well if we are playing for money in the playoffs we should count it.

But challenge matches of old also had all the same qualities of mms. They counted for prs, bragging rights, etc. The difference is the same. We should either revive challenge matches concurrently with doing playoffs in our tournaments (when there is no money on the line) or do neither. I think we should do neither.

I also kinda think we should only payout to 4th at this. That or raise the entry to 7 or 10 and pay out to fifth. Seeing as our tournaments are less frequent than they were last year, I wouldn't be opposed to raising entry.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well if we are playing for money in the playoffs we should count it.

But challenge matches of old also had all the same qualities of mms. They counted for prs, bragging rights, etc. The difference is the same. We should either revive challenge matches concurrently with doing playoffs in our tournaments (when there is no money on the line) or do neither. I think we should do neither.

I also kinda think we should only payout to 4th at this. That or raise the entry to 7 or 10 and pay out to fifth. Seeing as our tournaments are less frequent than they were last year, I wouldn't be opposed to raising entry.
I don't see why you keep bringing up money.

Challenge matches were matches that weren't part of the tournament so they're different and could be initiated like MMs so I don't really agree with challenging someone to basically "seriouslies for PRs."

Payout to 4th is aight I guess.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't see why you keep bringing up money.

Challenge matches were matches that weren't part of the tournament so they're different and could be initiated like MMs so I don't really agree with challenging someone to basically "seriouslies for PRs."

Payout to 4th is aight I guess.
Because mms count for prs and they have nothing to do with tournament. Challenge matches had the same relation to prs that playoffs (with no money involved) have to other tournament matches.

Top Bottom