• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
But then the #1 player would throw every match.

Obviously reality is different. I'm just pointing out the flaw in the logic.
I can't say I follow you. If you're talking about the #1 player throwing matches in order to preserve his position, that wouldn't work.

Sure if he clearly throws the match, the person who beat him will fittingly get minimal credit, but the #1 player will eventually drop if he keeps pulling those shenanigans because you can't maintain the #1 spot if you stop placing well (kind of like if you stop showing up to tournaments).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I can't say I follow you. If you're talking about the #1 player throwing matches in order to preserve his position, that wouldn't work.

Sure if he clearly throws the match, the person who beat him will fittingly get minimal credit, but the #1 player will eventually drop if he keeps pulling those shenanigans because you can't maintain the #1 spot if you stop placing well (kind of like if you stop showing up to tournaments).
Actually, Mango did it by picking bad characters and sandbagging/getting drunk to make sure his "legendary Isai-status sandbagging" theme would be put together by the time he retired.

It can work.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Actually, Mango did it by picking bad characters and sandbagging/getting drunk to make sure his "legendary Isai-status sandbagging" theme would be put together by the time he retired.

It can work.
Are u suggesting that anytime isai loses it isnt because he is sandbagging?

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS

Best smashers in history:

1.Isai
2.Cactuar
3.The sandbag in brawl
4.Mango

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
That wasn't a stab at me, was it? If not, ****!

And <33333 you deserve a great bday man!
not at all! i've formed the opinion that sheik was 2nd best for many reasons.
my opinion on marth is directly related to what you're using for criteria, though.
thanks kevin.

Happy birthday Sleepy, love DAT *** more than you know.
;)
you're gonna be my avatar, babe.

omg happy bday sleepy =] <3
thanks stongers! you must teach me some barlw on saturday!

appy birthday sleepy!!
<3

happy bday sleepyk
thanks!

Happy Birthday SleepyK
o babe r u gona be @ this

*CT*

Smash Lord
lol did y'all think i was really picking up diddy? wow wtf that char is bad lolololololol

like at this point if ur not maining mk, ur doing wrong

MK 4LYFE!!!!!!!
If you lose as MK then your doing it wrong and yes this applies to dittos as well.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
luckly i havent lost a ditto for six months

**** i got baited like ****. i just realized your post makes no sesne. lol

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I've been playing around with a bunch of characters besides my usual three, recently. I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to try them out in tourney yet, but let it be known that I'm working on giving myself more options, character wise.

Of course, I could just pick up MK and forget about everyone else, but I'm not a ***** like that. ;)

By the way, I'm still open for Brawl dubs.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
...isnt pembroke like 2.5 hours away? cause ur not that far from ECU
It's a little less than 2 hours south of raleigh, not too close to ECU lol =P

I've been playing around with a bunch of characters besides my usual three, recently. I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to try them out in tourney yet, but let it be known that I'm working on giving myself more options, character wise.

Of course, I could just pick up MK and forget about everyone else, but I'm not a ***** like that. ;)

By the way, I'm still open for Brawl dubs.
Nima, are you entering Melee singles? I remember you 0-deathed me with Bowser at the beginning of a match once at Mike's place

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
heeey bden we haven't played since that random duke thing in june.

we should get matches, and maybe mm if you got a spare dollar/ are feelin lucky

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I might enter every event actually, Lucas. I've got money to spare.

As for the 0-death, lol I think I remember what you're talking about. I've had plenty of **** moments in Melee. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these moments involve me receiving the ****. :laugh:

Even if I don't enter, we're doing that **** Melee Bowser ditto, PP. We've been putting it off for too long.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
haha bden, nothing is set in stone. But after you got rid of your teching patterns, I remember us being pretty even at that duke. I'm interested in seeing how both of us have progressed, and I feel like throwing in a dollar and a little pride brings out the potential and ups the ante.

GofG

Smash Champion
haha the iceys are abysmal too, i figured out the MU by the end and came back from a 3stock regardless. matchup is actually really fun for iceys, it's just pure "who can find openings", and iceys get a lot more from a grab than jiggs does from a backair.

bdenhawk

Smash Journeyman
haha bden, nothing is set in stone. But after you got rid of your teching patterns, I remember us being pretty even at that duke. I'm interested in seeing how both of us have progressed, and I feel like throwing in a dollar and a little pride brings out the potential and ups the ante.

ohhhh lmao. this is chris. i thought it was just some dude i played at my first tourney lololol.
Yeah man we should play again i remember we were somewhat even maybe later on in our games haha.

in that case, im scared haha

Top Bottom