• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Glutonny is out of school now, which means he'll be practicing hard for this beginning now.

Don't underestimate him people. Too many times I've seen players get underestimated aka Brood, Armada, Javi, Otori, Nietono. Mr. R is already showing what he can do so far and Glutonny is likely at least his level but with a questionably better character.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol E4U results nowhere to find...

1. Larry
2. MikeHAZE
3. Richbrown
4. Tyrant
5. Havok, FOW
7. TKD, Mr.R
9. Vinnie, Zex, Z, Sk92

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
'The battle begins: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=140217
What the hell? O.o Who did Vinnie and Mr R lose to? I mean, Larry 1st, sure, Tyrant and RichBrown top 5, sure, but Vinnie 9th? Ramin below Havok and FOW? O.o
Vinnie lost to Mikehaze's Marth and Mr. R's Snake.

Mr. R lost to DEHF and Fow.

Apparently people were making noises to distract Vinnie while he was chain grabbing during his set vs Mikehaze but that is just word of mouth.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Apparently people were making noises to distract Vinnie while he was chain grabbing during his set vs Mikehaze but that is just word of mouth.
If you watched the stream then you would of heard those loud jungle bunnies with ease.

:017:

Tesh

Smash Hero
People were chanting "Mess it up!" every time he got a grab if i recall. I stopped watching when the commentary became unbearably annoying.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
WC is spectators are the worst during matches lolol.

While watching the stream I heard them chant "USA" against Mr. R and cheer real strongly against him. Give the guy a break. He traveled OOC to come to our tourneys. I bet you he won't get that at SKTAR lol. Or maybe I am wrong. At the EC tourney Mr. R already went to, did people cheer heavily against him?

Generally, I feel we are more chill on the EC. If there is cheering it is just for fun(mostly to uplift your friend) and not obviously directly trying to influence the match(distract the opponent).

Cassio

Smash Master
95% of the cheering that happened was supportive. Chanting USA was about supporting one of our star players, not insulting Mr. R.

No one was heckling or insulting Vinnie and most of the cheering was to support mike, but when vinnie got a grab people did cheer against him by chanting "mess it up" in unison. There werent any chaotic or extremely loud noises intended to physically disrupt him. It actually surprises me he hadnt encountered that before since its such a common thing in competitive events in general. tbh it was hard to tell it even affected him till he mentioned something after, bc after the first chant he finished the grab, turned around smiled and shook his head like he was saying "no" (it was kind of funny). It really didnt seem like it was that bad, but I am sorry to hear Vinnie was frustrated.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Chanting/cheering against me doesn't bother or make me play worse, larry just outplayed me, I kept jumping into his back airs, and messed up my chaingrabs xD
against FOW however I choked hard last game, I had like a 100 % lead last stock, but somehow ended up losing :/ I'm sorry people from europe, I hope I'll do better at the upcoming 3 tourneys.

@mekos at the EC tourney trevor ( atomsk ) cheered for me and that helped alot, he gave me the best advice ever '' Don't be afraid of him '' there were a handfull of people that cheered against me as well

-Ramin

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
YO SHAYA YOUR COMMENTARY IS GODLIKE <3

Also, if you can't handle the crowd...that sucks. The crowd is part of an event. Obviously it is better if there are stages or something, but that can't always happen. As long as the crowd isn't super close/touching the people (Like they were at Genesis2 me vs Zex) it shouldn't be a problem.

Cassio

Smash Master
You vs Zex at Genesis 2 was actually what I was comparing it to in my mind. That was the worst Id ever seen and imo this didnt come anywhere close to that level
(also that was norcal not socal >_>)

Also there was a respectable amount of space between the crowd and players since it was on the main TV.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah, crowd noise is fine. I mean, it probably affects CGs more than anything else, but it still shouldn't really affect somebody if they aren't like...right behind them. Also, I know it was NorCal, them some annoying people. Obviously not all of them, just the ones that were really loud right behind us.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea all I know is what I saw at genesis 2. That is good if it wasn't like that.

Nice clarification Cassio.

@Mr. R - I hear ya buddy. U got this. I will support/cheer for you at sktar as long as you are not fighting Esam.
I got yer back!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Tearbear got it really badly vs zex at G2 too.

norcal vs socal can get pretty serious lol.

apparently so is Vegas vs Nexus

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
@mekos at the EC tourney trevor ( atomsk ) cheered for me and that helped alot, he gave me the best advice ever '' Don't be afraid of him '' there were a handfull of people that cheered against me as well

-Ramin
Was actually "don't be afraid of him, make him fear you"

Cassio

Smash Master
Ah so another side of the story...

smh :glare:
He wasnt even there as far as I can tell, Im not sure what hes saying or why he was rude about it. Obviously I wasnt at every station listening but lots of people were cheering for their friends throughout the day and almost all of it was positive support for the player they wanted to win.

Tony T

Smash Ace
That is true, but Falco won the tournament.

I think this is the summer for Falco.

AKA a Falco is winning this tournament.
Don't be so sure about that Keitaro. lol you forget about Esam What happens when either you or Larry face him. I'm sorry but Pika + ICs = Falco Loses. Just Pray you don't get him in Bracket lol.

Top Bottom