• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Just a warning for you guys, Glutonny doesn't stress out when he's in finals or whatever. He doesn't feel pressure. Don't be surprised if during a match he suddenly doesn't look at the screen anymore to have a conversation at the same time.

Also, he's just as good in teams as he is in singles.
Glutonny is my favorite wario to watch!! He is good in teams as well!? I can't wait to watch!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I wanna see Boss vs Glutonny. The Mario Bros vs Wario.

*fixes bracket*

jk of course....or AM I????

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Glutonny's mom mains Wario and trained Gkutonny since day1, so y'all better be scared :scared:

:phone:
Glutonny' mom is a Wario main who used to attend tourneys back in the day and was Glut's static teammate. She called herself "Karma".

:059:
Just a warning for you guys, Glutonny doesn't stress out when he's in finals or whatever. He doesn't feel pressure. Don't be surprised if during a match he suddenly doesn't look at the screen anymore to have a conversation at the same time.

Also, he's just as good in teams as he is in singles.
3 europeans trolling in a row....

Jens don't hype **** up when you don't know what you're talking about also. It's even worse than trolling.

Glutonny is my favorite wario to watch!! He is good in teams as well!? I can't wait to watch!
As far as I know he only teams with his brother (not a top player, so likewise not amazing placings overall iirc). So idk

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Orion stfu if youve never played him. Because i do know what im talking about. Dumb ****. You lack the analytical abilities to know what youre talking about. No go back to getting ***** by marth

Edit: lol i sound mad. Just annoyed by dumb ******* who think knowledge or skill has any correlation with intelligence.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Orion that doesn't matter bro. I'm guessing u have never seen him play in person and is just judging him based on his tourney results. Placings don't show everything. Who knows why he is teaming with his brother maybe personal reasons. But anyways it is what he does during the match that shows whether he is a good doubles player or not (whether he has dubs smarts or not).

For example, I have always been a great doubles player but since I wasn't known when I first joined the scene in 2010 nobody who could at least hold their own would team with me. And cuz of that I never made a big impact even tho my back got broke every tourney. But because I didn't place amazingly doesn't mean that I wasn't good at doubles in the past.

All I would need is to watch a youtube vid of him playing dubs to be able to tell but I can't find any dubs vids of him. If u know where one is please link me.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Orion stfu if youve never played him. Because i do know what im talking about. Dumb ****. You lack the analytical abilities to know what youre talking about. No go back to getting ***** by marth

Edit: lol i sound mad. Just annoyed by dumb ******* who think knowledge or skill has any correlation with intelligence.
I don't feel like I should dignify this with a response... but.

A. When is the last time you played him? How long and often did you play him for?
B. Do I need to even mention how often you play this game?
C. You suck vs wario (considering you even lost to my **** garbage one).
D. Analytical skills my ***, not even going to bother arguing that **** you can stay alone on that.
E. Marth is a matchup I don't enjoy... but I don't lose to random ones. Ironically you lost to one in tournament that I 3 stocked just before you played him.... LMAO.
F. Knowledge, Intelligence and Analytical skills definitely have a relationship within each other. I'm annoyed by the fact that you're cocky and lazy *** thinks you can go off the 2 shreds of talent you thought you had, to make yourself seem like you have any of those.

Orion that doesn't matter bro. I'm guessing u have never seen him play in person and is just judging him based on his tourney results. Placings don't show everything.
They dont but the best doubles players tend to have more experience teaming with many different partners. He can be good regardless, I have no idea. Just atm I have no high hopes in teams for him, in singles I think he can place at his level if he attends tournaments and practices for the event.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Ok, so here is my plan to attend this, and here is how you guys can help in just a couple seconds:

For those who haven't seen my FB posts, my band is currently entered in a contest where if we get top 3 in the initial voting which lasts until June 3rd, we get flown out to Wisconsin for a music festival called Summerfest. We are currently 4th.

If we get top 3, then the 3 bands compete, and 1st place is $25,000 for the band (we are a 5 piece so I receive $5,000). Even 3rd place gets like $8,000 for the band.

What I need from you guys is to just do the following:

1. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...c32c7-d29e-40da-8059-7cd9acee8334&h=dAQG22nT3 Click that link

2. Vote for us 5 times (you can vote every day until June 3rd).

You have to register but that takes seconds. Also, if we get flown out there, I can talk to the contest people and have them buy me a ticket from Cali to Wisconsin, then Wisconsin to NJ, which means I only need to worry about buying a 1 way ticket from NJ to California.

PLEASE VOTE EVERYONE!!! We are so close, and the extra pull from the Smash community could very well tip the scales in my favor!!!!

Keitaro

^ Haha that is some tricky advertisement but I'm all for it ^_^ Voted 15 times already and will do so tomorrow. Really hope you can make it RB, most of Socal's top players are coming, you'll be the last one needed.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'll start voting as well. Good luck pal

Voted 5 times! I got yer back. I'll do it everyday
I'll promote on facebook too. Everyone unite and help Rich brown!!
Help him follow his dream!!

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I don't feel like I should dignify this with a response... but.

A. When is the last time you played him? How long and often did you play him for?
B. Do I need to even mention how often you play this game?
C. You suck vs wario (considering you even lost to my **** garbage one).
D. Analytical skills my ***, not even going to bother arguing that **** you can stay alone on that.
E. Marth is a matchup I don't enjoy... but I don't lose to random ones. Ironically you lost to one in tournament that I 3 stocked just before you played him.... LMAO.
F. Knowledge, Intelligence and Analytical skills definitely have a relationship within each other. I'm annoyed by the fact that you're cocky and lazy *** thinks you can go off the 2 shreds of talent you thought you had, to make yourself seem like you have any of those.

They dont but the best doubles players tend to have more experience teaming with many different partners. He can be good regardless, I have no idea. Just atm I have no high hopes in teams for him, in singles I think he can place at his level if he attends tournaments and practices for the event.
@MikeHAZE, I have no idea why that is even remotely contradictive lol.

A: Doesn't matter, you haven't ever played him, so you can't judge at all.
B: Doesn't matter how often I play it. Playing more often wouldn't improve my ability to make judgments.
C: So...? How does that even matter... I'm smart enough to see things independently.
D: Because you have none? Go to uni first, then talk again.
E: Ehm.. because I don't play the game? You basically ****ed yourself here. Your entire strategy vs marth is flawed, I don't expect you to ever win if you continue this way.
F: Ehm... no? Analytical skills are a skill, knowledge is information. Intelligence is mostly defined as the potential to do something, not the knowledge itself. Do your research bro. I might be lazy, but I'm not dumb. And tbh, not considering smash, my knowledge, analytical skills and intelligence greatly exceed yours. Funneh eh?

And gtfo with the letters. To criticize your entire post, get your logic straight. You're not even responding to what I posted. Instead, you try to look for obvious contradictions in my performance that don't even relate to the matter at hand. It would be too easy for me to say stuff about your personal life that makes you look ********, but I won't. I recommend you try to get a nice overview of the situation, and draw conclusions based on that. Device a framework based on the foundation of smash mechanics, combine that with a model of Glutonny's behavior during matches, and provide conclusions. Your simple equivocation and ad hominem crap gets boring.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I wanna see Boss vs Glutonny. The Mario Bros vs Wario.

*fixes bracket*

jk of course....or AM I????
Do it, easy side bet money.

:017:

B: Doesn't matter how often I play it. Playing more often wouldn't improve my ability to make judgments.
C: So...? How does that even matter... I'm smart enough to see things independently.
E: Ehm.. because I don't play the game? You basically ****ed yourself here. Your entire strategy vs marth is flawed, I don't expect you to ever win if you continue this way.
F: Ehm... no? Analytical skills are a skill, knowledge is information. Intelligence is mostly defined as the potential to do something, not the knowledge itself. Do your research bro. I might be lazy, but I'm not dumb. And tbh, not considering smash, my knowledge, analytical skills and intelligence greatly exceed yours. Funneh eh?

And gtfo with the letters. To criticize your entire post, get your logic straight. You're not even responding to what I posted. Instead, you try to look for obvious contradictions in my performance that don't even relate to the matter at hand. It would be too easy for me to say stuff about your personal life that makes you look ********, but I won't. I recommend you try to get a nice overview of the situation, and draw conclusions based on that. Device a framework based on the foundation of smash mechanics, combine that with a model of Glutonny's behavior during matches, and provide conclusions. Your simple equivocation and ad hominem crap gets boring.

Keitaro

Jumpman weren't you a top player back in the day? I remember hearing your name and Melito/Axelol often. Also Armada back when he played Brawl.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Jumpman has a bit of an issue telling apart what happens within his head and what happens in actuality. Glut will likely do well but you will be disappointed if you think he's like guaranteed to take one of the top spots. Not because he doesn't have the skill to do so and probably not because of tourney nerves ... but becuase somebody WILL abuse his flawed character there and we're talking about Wario so ...

And yeah Karma's Wario isn't that great but she was still good enough to teach her son the basics of the character pretty early. And I think it's pretty awesome that she taught him to play this game to begin with. Like, what mother actually does that with her son? Karma ftw

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Jumpman has a bit of an issue telling apart what happens within his head and what happens in actuality. Glut will likely do well but you will be disappointed if you think he's like guaranteed to take one of the top spots. Not because he doesn't have the skill to do so and probably not because of tourney nerves ... but becuase somebody WILL abuse his flawed character there and we're talking about Wario so ...

And yeah Karma's Wario isn't that great but she was still good enough to teach her son the basics of the character pretty early. And I think it's pretty awesome that she taught him to play this game to begin with. Like, what mother actually does that with her son? Karma ftw

Never said **** about how well he was gonna do my friend.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I may be wrong but didn't some people say similar things about Japan...mwhaahahaaha

I'm just rooting for the boy. Especially since other characters can abuse him. I know his pain!! Go Gluttony!

@Keitaro - I knew TO's did that!! The conspiracy!! haha

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I may have failed to understand, but... Karma is Glutonny's older brother, not his mother. It would have been ****ing hillarious.

NNID
Budget_Player
So uh

GWatsky is playing a show in Boston on the 12th. Yet another reason to get my *** down there early somehow.

KEITARO, WHERE IS THAT THREAD? =D

Also, calling it now: Ramin > Glutonny; neither will place top 8.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Playing someone 2 years ago in some friendlies is about the same. It's barely relative at all to what's happening now, and while you can judge a players internal skill from playing them. It's completely player dependent if they decide to keep growing or keep up with the metagame and advance themselves.

Ex: Teh spammer is one of the smartest and most talented players I have ever played in my entire life. I would not assume he's still the same skill level. It's been years, and I am sure that right now if he entered events right now he would have trouble.

Gluttony clearly is still an amazing player, however the best both you and I can do is pull that from observations.

Playing more often wouldn't improve my ability to make judgments.
What qualifies you to make that assumption LMAO?
Do you think you can walk up and start talking to a grandmaster chess player and tell him why what he does is inherently "flawed", or how to play the game despite not putting any actual time into doing it?

The fact that you can barely deal with the character at a tournament level vs a player that doesn't even main the character despite having a matchup advantage is sad.

There are some players such as CJ or Pierce for instance that can clearly see into the game, however they just are flawed in game sometimes. Weather it be executions, reads, reactions, whatever.

You however half the time don't know what options to even pick, meaning that you just don't know what you're doing. Your techskill and reaction time isn't bad, your execution could use some work though... You just put yourself in garbage situations, and respond incorrectly a lot of the time.

You played the game enough to place sometimes. You also clearly cared enough that you where salty as **** the rest of the day and just moped :glare:.

I'm not even close to perfect vs Marth but it's quite a stretch to say my entire strategy is flawed. At this point if I'm 3-3 with Leon and pretty much only losing to the best/2ndbest Marth in the world it's hard to just say I'm just messing up.... it's more likely I'm getting outskilled.

If you can tell me more than 1-2 small things that are clear and make sense in why I lose to ramin I'd believe you and sit down and listen. To this day nobody has been able to.

This has almost nothing to do with what I posted. I didnt ask you for definitions sherlock, I said that these different things clearly have a relationship. Since apparently commen sense doesn't apply to everyone you do your research, study psychology for 5 minutes and you can clearly see what I'm talking about.

Also wtf at "funneh" is that supposed to be cute? LMAO

And gtfo with the letters.
*shrug*
To criticize your entire post, get your logic straight. You're not even responding to what I posted. Instead, you try to look for obvious contradictions in my performance that don't even relate to the matter at hand.
Your performance is not relative to what is at hand no. But WHY you performed the way you did... is. You look at my post and see it simply as you lost here, so clearly you suck so you clearly don't understand. When it's more like I've seen you play, the options you pick, and the way you approach the game. If you understood half of what you where talking about you would instantly not be doing things certain ways.

It would be too easy for me to say stuff about your personal life that makes you look ********, but I won't.
I have nothing to be ashamed about. But if you're bored try?

I recommend you try to get a nice overview of the situation, and draw conclusions based on that. Device a framework based on the foundation of smash mechanics, combine that with a model of Glutonny's behavior during matches, and provide conclusions.
Have you even ever done that ever LOL. I'm actually curious legit question. If not then wtf are *****ing about. If yes, then LMAO please post, it would bring to light some of the garbage you talk about.

Your simple equivocation and ad hominem crap gets boring.
Except I rarely if ever say or point out these things.
Most of the time I respond in 1 liners or 1-3 sentences per idea.
wtf

B_AWAL

Smash Master
MikeHaze > Leon #IJS

Isn't Mr. R > Leon???

Yeah Leon #3

O wait! I 4got about Neo!

:sonic:

@Jumpman - if u start posting about some1s personal life that just means ur 2 weak to talk about the subject @ hand. Not cool bro.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol, this. That's like agreeing to fight someone, then booting them in the nuts and running away.

In class 4 work... this made me burst out in laughter!!!

Fortunately I made every1 lol by blaming it on "Patches" lol

iRJi

Smash Champion
There are some players such as CJ or Pierce for instance that can clearly see into the game, however they just are flawed in game sometimes. Weather it be executions, reads, reactions, whatever.
Who is CJ? o________________o

I don't really mean to just jump into the conversation, but I actually really do mean to jump into the conversation. Now, I could just ask you guys to stop since this is a silly argument going no where, but when you said you would inject into his personal life, I found it funny because well... Who are you? No seriously, who in the hell are you? I've known Orion for quite a while, and 1) You never, ever even come up as an existing person. 2)The point is that it sounds like an empty threat when you say things like that, and also allows people to just look at you with shame, like noted above. I ask who you are because well... What puts you into a position for you to know someone that you can attempt to blow their spot up, when frankly I can vow for him that honestly nothing goes on in his life for it to be juicy information (Sorry Orion xD)

Arguing is good for readers interests, but this honestly has gone far enough. I am just going to ask nicely for you both to stop here now. Keep the drama over AIM or something. If you honestly need to grind you anger or some crap I don't care about, make a phone call, it goes faster. However, don't bring childish antics to this thread. I could just ask Inui to start talking if I needed it.

istudying

Smash Lord
Who is CJ? o________________o

I don't really mean to just jump into the conversation, but I actually really do mean to jump into the conversation. Now, I could just ask you guys to stop since this is a silly argument going no where, but when you said you would inject into his personal life, I found it funny because well... Who are you? No seriously, who in the hell are you? I've known Orion for quite a while, and 1) You never, ever even come up as an existing person. 2)The point is that it sounds like an empty threat when you say things like that, and also allows people to just look at you with shame, like noted above. I ask who you are because well... What puts you into a position for you to know someone that you can attempt to blow their spot up, when frankly I can vow for him that honestly nothing goes on in his life for it to be juicy information (Sorry Orion xD)

Arguing is good for readers interests, but this honestly has gone far enough. I am just going to ask nicely for you both to stop here now. Keep the drama over AIM or something. If you honestly need to grind you anger or some crap I don't care about, make a phone call, it goes faster. However, don't bring childish antics to this thread. I could just ask Inui to start talking if I needed it.
Why am i here?

Anyways give this man an award!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I miss inui's conversations. Some made sense & some well... yeah lol. If someone. Took things he said and put it in a book he cud make money lol.

Top Bottom