• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sir "O" presents: NO MORE EXCUSES! Aryman wins! Discussion open.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'll update the bracket sometime tomorrow. Got work and some other stuff to take care of.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah and what happens if we don't get all of our matches done in time?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What's the last day to get matches done?
Tentatively, Monday. If someone gives me a good enough excuse, I'll buy them a LITTLE bit of extra time, based entirely on my discretion.

Yeah and what happens if we don't get all of our matches done in time?
Depends.

If you can show that you've challenged someone and they haven't responded (for instance, you indicate that you've challenged them on this topic), they forfeit the match and you win.

If neither of you have made any effort to get ahold of each other, no one gets the points for that match (it counts as a loss for both of you).

If both players agree that the match is unplayable for whatever reason, and you have both made yourself reasonably available, a discretionary "neutral" point will be awarded to both of you.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ok, I was just wondering. It won't be a problem for me though, I only have to fight two more people. Thanks =D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It won't be an issue for either of you. You've both been fantastic during this tournament.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh an offline Tournament? Good Luck Naucitos =D

GFE

Smash Journeyman
i need to fight 3 more.....
6 wins & 6 loses, so far i think?????

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ok I'm back. Snare I hope you can still play today...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The bracket has been updated. Just over 24 hours left until the tournament is over, so best of luck to everyone!

Snare

Smash Lord
wow good news, snow storm came in so i can play matches tommorow cause ive got no school, bad news is i couldnt get the internet for the whole day... :|

cba

Smash Master
wow good news, snow storm came in so i can play matches tommorow cause ive got no school, bad news is i couldnt get the internet for the whole day... :|
wow. good news rocks.
bad news sucks AZS

Snare

Smash Lord
WOW we were the ONLY school district from here to seattle that didnt get a snow day. Really everygreen school dstrict really?!?!

i have to leave in 5 minutes so apologies in advance to everyone i didnt get to play

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Aww....... Well I'm eating right now anyways, but are you able to play later? Actually forget that, I work in about 2 hours....

And your school was the ONLY one that didn't get a school day? I would've skipped :laugh:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Umm, anybody that needs to face me, now would kinda be a good time....

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The tournament is officially over! Great job on some fun match-ups, everyone! Of course, one person stood out above all others in this competition, and that was Aryman!

WINNERS

1st Place: #4 - Aryman (+14 points)
2nd Place: #9 - Samusbrawler (+10 points)
3rd Place: #1 - Sir 0rion (+9 points)

Other awards and recognitions for this tournament

Most active player: #4 - Aryman (First to finish all 15 matches)

Least active player: #14 - mcmuff1nman (Finished only 2 matches)

Highest success rate: #12 - owndizzl3r_ownag3 (100% win rate over 7 matches)

Lowest success rate: #3 - cheap_josh & #13 - godsmith2 (0% win rate over 5 matches)

Most valuable player: #11 - Halaster (For being a relatively active replacement player.)

Most commonly-banned character: Snake (4 bans)

Most commonly-banned stage: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)/Lylat Cruise/Norfair/Battlefield (2 bans each)

Discussion is now open for this tournament.

Let me know what you think! I hope you guys had a lot of fun, and hope to see you all again in my next tournament, entitled "Know Thy Enemy." Until then! :bee:

(Edit: Forgive the typo on the bracket. Aryman finished at +14, not +15.)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
(Wow, I totally didn't know this was stickied. I should pay more attention! :laugh:)

Yeah, the tournament is all finished, so this can be unstickied. Thanks for most everyone's active participation.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Done. I hereby dub thee Lord Knubastitor III.

Anyone else that didn't get recognized for something can choose their award from that cardboard box over there.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Its a shame I couldn't finish my last two matches....
I didn't think I Mcmuffinman would've been active enough to do our match, but me and Snare could've lol

Great Tourney 0rion. It was fun =D

and lol@ me getting 2nd place :laugh: I never thought I would lol
I'm lucky Ownage never finished =D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
SONME - 16
1. Aryman
2. Samusbrawler
3. Sir 0rion
4. owndizzl3r_ownag3

confirm? :p
That's right.

Its a shame I couldn't finish my last two matches....
I didn't think I Mcmuffinman would've been active enough to do our match, but me and Snare could've lol

Great Tourney 0rion. It was fun =D

and lol@ me getting 2nd place :laugh: I never thought I would lol
I'm lucky Ownage never finished =D
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, man. I had a lot of fun, too.

cba

Smash Master
AWWW man, Sir. O, is the next one the same as this? i really regret not joining.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well, the next one is going to be a 32-man tournament. I haven't decided exactly what bracket style to use. I like the round-robin bracket, but it's VERY hard to keep updated properly, as there are a LOT of matches to take into account. This isn't a definite no on RR, but it's something I'm thinking about. If not RR, then definitely double-elimination, since I think single-elim is too much of a lottery.

I will say this, though. Next tournament is going to be ENTIRELY about strategy and knowing your opponent well (hence the name). I've got a crazy new idea for it that I'm been toying around with for awhile, so I hope you like it. I'm not sure when I'll begin it, but it'll be soon.

Top Bottom