• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sir "O" presents: NO MORE EXCUSES! Aryman wins! Discussion open.

cba

Smash Master
Wow. Thats Cool. and the 32 Person sounds good. If you do the RR (would be 2 in a row)i think it will get a bit repetitive IMO.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
That's what I'm thinking, too. I'm leaning toward double-elimination. I might possibly go ahead and start it up as early as tomorrow sometime. We'll see, though.

cba

Smash Master
Same here. im gonna post tomorrow my Pre-Christmas Special.
i want the title to look a bit like this: CBA'sOOT2GPCSSSB.
just for the fun of it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol all these new tourneys, I'll have to do mine after you two now =D

and I'll definitely join both of your tourneys, though I'm beginning to think about quitting brawl...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Tell me about it, Samus. At least you can be thankful you're not here in Colorado. I seriously want to break my foot off in the ***es of the players down here.

Right now, I'm entirely content to just play some games for the hell of it.

cba

Smash Master

and I'll definitely join both of your tourneys, though I'm beginning to think about quitting brawl...
WHAT!!??!
Why SamusBrawler?
youre getting REALLY good at the game. i dont understand.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Brawl is starting to get really boring :ohwell:
Maybe I just need to take a break for a bit...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Same thing happened to me, only with R.O.B. Yoshi's still my pride and joy, though.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah Yoshi is awesome. I recently started using him and he's really fun =D

But there aren't any other characters I want to actually main, and its not that I'm bored with Peach and Luigi, brawl is just becoming dull in general....

cba

Smash Master
it is.
i just found out Diddy and he has ALOT of potential. High Tier minimum.
As long as there are people better than me in any game i play i will do my best effort to actually Beat them, and advance.
when i quit ssb, its gonna be cause i grew out of it. i dont see any other reason why.

Omis

my friends were skinny

Lol, same thing is happening to me. Ive just lost my spark for the game. Try maining the random button. It is working our well for me so far.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
For some reason, it's been bothering me more than it should when someone wins a match and taunts. Like, it bothers me to the point, where I just flat-out quit playing a lot of the time, particularly if they have an irritating taunt quote. I'm not sure why that in particular has been bugging me lately, but it has.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Brawl is starting to get really boring :ohwell:
Maybe I just need to take a break for a bit...
Are we all getting tired of it? The same thing's been happening to me lately too...

PS: Sorry for failing to show up for the past few days of the tourney... I managed to drown myself in politics for various papers, which, admittedly, was fun, but anyways, sorry about that.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Lets just all quit at the same time and then secretly watch OTL fall apart =D

arch knight

Smash Lord
i went to pick an award out of the cardboard box and there wasnt any >.> Orion lied!!!! shame i didnt get to fight terran shouldnt have made the first a friendly match :)

cba

Smash Master
Sir O, i really hate taunts too. (online) Especially when they win. It makes me comeback with more rage and (Wanting?) the win.
and if their taunts are offensive i have "Epic Phail". just in case.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
True, I only taunt when someone's KO'd me, with a message saying "Nice KO" if it was a nice one, like a Falcon Pawnch!

Edit: Not true, I spam "Show me ya moves" a LOT.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I always taunted with "YES!!" after some of my KO's. I hope that wasn't offensive to anyone, that was far from my intention. But I took it away already, I got tired of that taunt....
So now my taunt is blank.

But when I KO someone with Peach, I do her little walk/skip across the stage =D
Its too funny

Halaster

Smash Ace
lol same here ><, problem is i could probably go down and play a lvl 9 on melee and not get bored for the next hour...
I did that for the past several hours... Hehe...
I've begun to pull off wavedashing with relative consistency, finally! (It gets tiresome trying to learn all the AT's for Melee all by yourself, with nobody to compete against.)
I think competing here on OTL has improved my general Smash ability some as well.

And after beating up Pichu I felt bad for the poor little guy, so I began fiddling around with him against a level 9 DK... that was painful... though I think like his speedy style and whatnot, will just take some more getting used to.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I've begun to pull off wavedashing with relative consistency, finally! (It gets tiresome trying to learn all the AT's for Melee all by yourself, with nobody to compete against.)
I think competing here on OTL has improved my general Smash ability some as well.

And after beating up Pichu I felt bad for the poor little guy, so I began fiddling around with him against a level 9 DK... that was painful... though I think like his speedy style and whatnot, will just take some more getting used to.
Hah, I get it.

Snare

Smash Lord

juggling with marth, jiggs WoP, falcon's combos, fox/falco's waveshines, IC's wobble, shiek's cgs... ah good times ^^

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Falco's Pillar = Epic Win
Sheik didn't CG in pal =(
Marth's Dair was a meteor not a spike =(
Fox's Smashes were nerfed...
Didn't stop me from maining Falco and having Marth and Fox as secondaries xD
(Sheik wasn't fun in Melee, but she is in Brawl)
m3w2 had gr4bs and r0y had f1r3.

cba

Smash Master
sheik being the best Char in melee wasnt fun.... but it sure was fun to **** marth and fox w/ her ^.^
also, peach's pillar was VERY hard to do, i think too hard.
i havent played melee in more that 3 months and i still now i can wavedash/L cancel nearly perfect.

Snare

Smash Lord
sheik being the best Char in melee wasnt fun.... but it sure was fun to **** marth and fox w/ her ^.^
also, peach's pillar was VERY hard to do, i think too hard.
i havent played melee in more that 3 months and i still now i can wavedash/L cancel nearly perfect.
i smell lie cake, marth/fox top tier :D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Shiek was a freaking BEAST in Melee. About the only serious counter for her were Ice Climbers.

cba

Smash Master
i smell lie cake, marth/fox top tier :D
then check your KNOWS cause the tier list goes like this. IMO, which is mostly true:
Sheik
Fox/Marth
Falco

High
Falcon/Peach

i have a feeling im missing someone in the TOP tier.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Mewtwo is way past God Tier. He created a freaking hurricane because he was bored.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The PAL Tires Lits was:
Sheik
Falco
Jamie Foxx
Marth
Peachy

Snare

Smash Lord
then check your KNOWS cause the tier list goes like this. IMO, which is mostly true:
Sheik
Fox/Marth
Falco

High
Falcon/Peach

i have a feeling im missing someone in the TOP tier.
OBJECTION!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199342

This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D. All values are conclusive and finalized.

Better Than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wow the NTSC list is more different than I thought, except for Captain Falcon's universal sexy manliness.

Top Bottom