• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing is a Taunt, Nothing More: Shocking Results

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Okay, many have thought that there are as least 1 or so uses to an on-stage singt. I mean, past 120%, you can generally get a decent frame advantage and in a tech situation near the ledge, it should put them to sleep long enough to punish them.

However, in training, controlling both characters, I set sing to Up-C and was controlling a Mario on the other end. What I noticed was that at 0%, if you mash buttons (as opposed to none at all where you get up at the same time she stops singing), you get up before the second wave. This is a huge time difference. So pressing buttons as fast as someone can be expected to do, I tried to find a percentage on Mario where you could get a reasonable frame advantage to SH a move, rest, or F-smash.

This was the result, I didn't go further:
Jigglypuff first gets a frame advantage against a mashed button sing at 200%. Thats right. 200%. On Mario. This should differ for different characters but the result is fairly clear: even if you hit sing on the stage, which is fairly difficult and not very worthwhile to do, the result is worthless. Before 200%, the opponent has a frame advantage on Jigglypuff and can punish her as a Mario. Moral of the story, don't use sing.

Oh yeah and Rhed, sorry to hurt your feelings.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
"And thus, the pre-mature life of a well-known move has ended. The final cast-iron nail was struck into the mahogany casket that now holds the move that was near and dear to our hearts. Our thirst for knowledge on this legendary move has finally been sated. Let this innocent move return to the dust."

So ends the story of Sing.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
One day, I will prove the worthiness of Sing. Until that day it is completely worthless... but when that day comes, all shall remember this post. It shall be glorious.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
so does sing have a cooldown for how long you can be up to hit for it?

what i mean to say is, if you get up before the second or third wave and it hits you, will you fall back asleep?
It does have a cooldown and I did not test if you can fall asleep again, but they can attack in time before they fall asleep. They should be able to get off a quick smash, any grab, most tilts and jabs.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
This move was indeed a huge mistake on game design. It is really a worthless move in any type of competition ( 1 vs 1, 4 player FFA, etc) . It is a shame. This is the worst move in the whole game.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
That does have some use but also a very bad issue. If its anticipated, the opponent can jump and therefore not fall asleep and steal the ledge from you, causing an embarrassing suicide.
yep. except when you force them to have lag right by the edge, ie quick ledgegrabbing as game and watch does his up-b then using sing while hes in lag

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
not like you wouldn't be able to rest him then anyway.
um, why not

Nah, the best thing to do against a bad G&W is to grab their B-up. The die because they can't B-up again from what I heard.
you cant, because gw's up-b sweet spots the ledge unless you quick ledgegrab first. if you do it too early though you'll get hit and maybe stagespiked

TheStig

Smash Lord
i guess you could use sing if your opponent is chasing you off the stage. you can sing facing opposite the stage and grab the ledge but overall just no.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
That's kind of sad.

Just when i thought someone would find some kind of ground-breaking discovery with sing, with all of Rhed's exploration, but now we've got this attitude to ignore it completely.

Hell, you'd think they nerfed it for a reason since 64.. why do you suppose that is? Seriously.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That's kind of sad.

Just when i thought someone would find some kind of ground-breaking discovery with sing, with all of Rhed's exploration, but now we've got this attitude to ignore it completely.

Hell, you'd think they nerfed it for a reason since 64.. why do you suppose that is? Seriously.
The thing is there is no reason the explore it. Your opponent should never be above 200% and if they are, its two risky a game at that point to be using sing or not worth it.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Sing is still the most humilating Kills ever.... so it's not useless :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
im still going to sing when i predict an illusion coming from falco/fox. i wanna get a replay of that really lucky shot lol

Teh Future

Smash Master
The other day I used sing and my opponent tripped into the last wave giving me a free rest for the win (both of us were at like 100+% too LOL) its basically the best replay ever.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
USES FOR SING:
-Taunt.
-Taunt on edge.
-Short hopped taunt.
-Useful rising pound buffer as you fail to recover on your last stock.
-Oh no I ran out of jumps! Flashy roar as you fall to your death, Sing.
-Ledge Canceled Sing for the lulz

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Sing ALSO lets you know when you perform a rising pound incorrectly.
Totally... It wasn't until late December when I learned to FINALLY stop singing whilst RP'ing. Sing is an almighty teacher, and I was her student.

Lulz at the abbreviation.

Top Bottom