• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing is a Taunt, Nothing More: Shocking Results

Veril

Frame Savant
If I could get rid of any of Jigglpuff's moves and replace them... God why would a move so terrible even be programed into the game. WHY?! "screams at the sky"

Anyway, we should clearly be exploring its use as a taunt.

USES FOR SING:
-Short hopped taunt.
O.o what about an OOS taunt?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Sing is the best taunt, silly gooses. Do you know how disheartening for your foes it is to hear their enemy singing them to sleep? It enrages them. They lose all heart to keep playing. They drop the controller, and say "even his taunts beat me, what use am I?!"

Keep singing, jigglaroos. Some day the latent capabilities of rest will reveal themselves.

Veril

Frame Savant
Keep singing, jigglaroos. Some day the latent capabilities of rest will reveal themselves.
"coughs"

I hope you mean the latent abilities of sing...

The latent abilities of rest are sorta known by most Jiggs mains.

So I guess this means no more sing discussion.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
My response to this entire thread can be summarized in I hate you.

But I guess this is good transition, since I recently found out some interesting stuff with jabs.

And some depressing info with sing, to be completely honest I was about to report this failure.
What I didn't account for in my trials was that you can push more than one button while asleep. That sounds like the dumbest thing to forget, right? but my method forced me to use two controllers, on a shaky wii, with tap to jump on in 1/4th time.

clearly the implementation of more than one button is sing's undoing, and I discovered this aggravating tidbit about two days ago before I sent off my Wii.

So yes, we might as well consider sing as a cool taunt. Unfortuneately even U taunt is better, since you become two dimensional at one point and any move that doesn't touch the ground misses.

At this point I'm thinking

Taunts<Sing<Dtilt<Utaunt<real moves.

of course now that I've gone and sent my wii away for repairs, so work with jab won't begin until... well... it comes back.

DIBS!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
of the times i tried sing the only use is when u sing over edge to catch edge instantly.i did this to someone and then threw rest on em.but on stage is useless

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
The thing is there is no reason the explore it. Your opponent should never be above 200% and if they are, its two risky a game at that point to be using sing or not worth it.
Don't know about you, but I always implied that Sing had some kind of brokeness to it. I love how long it lasted in 64, plus how you could slide half a mile while doing it.

I still suspect there to be a way to either move while singing or a way to cancel it. I just wish for more exploration of the move, 'cause no one really looked deep into it.

...And I'm starting to like using Sing as the opponent hits the floor, if they fail to tech or use their get-up attack in time. Seriously, it's like they have no chance to attack, and if you get hit, you only take a small % of damage. ...Still punishable if they tech or you miss ~_~

Top Bottom