• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Whatever it takes to get featured, I suppose. :/

If anything makes me angry about that ruleset, it's that.

Edit: Note that I'm not saying I'm against SiiS using this ruleset, but having to use it in order to be a featured tournament is something I never thought "The Head of Smash Community Growth" would implement.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd encourage anyone to not go to any tournament that goes out of its way to get "featured".

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Apperantly my last post wasn't read. People saying its just to get featured answer this question what is the only way to change the unity ruleset? (Join the bbr-rc and vote against the stupid ****)
How do you join the bbr-rc? (Apply after you've run a tournament using the unity ruleset)
What's the next tournament that day will be known for?(SIIS5)

Do you see where I'm getting at?

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
^I do. Makes perfect sense. And people oughta just come for the game anyways, if the tournament some how gets unstructured or bracket is hurt competetively for the ruleset, oh well, at least you can get some gameplay in and practice, along with the fact that it's at a freakin' arcade.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
This ruleset isn't as drastic as a change as people are thinking anyway in hind sight.

Besides if a ruleset is enough to keep you from hanging out with awesome people...IN AN CHEAP ARCADE then you probably weren't that interested to begin with.

And in order to make change we have to make sacrifices. And running the tournament in this ruleset would be a PERFECT example to help facilitate making change. I am doing the same thing at my next tournament and I have support from my MI people despite the ruleset not being liked. If people could give their testimonies as to how they were personally affect by the new ruleset that would help a great deal. If you don't like something then help make it better. Otherwise you are going to be stuck with something you don't like. And many major TOs are using this ruleset. You can argue about how you'll never see this at a local (and maybe you won't) but if you have any plans on attending a large scale event you may see this ruleset. The BBR-RC is open to making changes so if no one does anything about it then we only have ourselves to blame.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Someone add me to attending! I like seeing myself on lists.

PS: compete with the unity ruleset; if it doesn't affect you, then cool, if it does, then that makes for a good argument to effect change

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Thank you, TC.
I definitely agree. People want LGL, people don't, people want LGL MK only, people want some stages, some people don't. The best conclusion was to find a mid-way point.
If people want to voice an opinion and work with other major TOs/BBR-RC members you can. You can be there. They keyword is: try.

I will also update attendance list soon!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
June 11th-12th might work. I'll try to keep those days free. (And I'll let my crew know about this too. :D)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I might be coming to this one. Does the pools determine the seeding? If you had a lousy record in the pools, does that means your eliminated from the tournament alltogether?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I might be coming to this one. Does the pools determine the seeding? If you had a lousy record in the pools, does that means your eliminated from the tournament alltogether?
From my experience at past SiiS, the general ruleset has been that if you are in the top 3 of your pool you advance. These events are quite large, so that's your best bet to shoot for. If there are 6-man pools and we're eliminating like, 120 people down to 48 again (was it 48?), pools will play a big part. Don't screw around. Win your pool, Chompster.

Also, I would love to be pool captain again if I do end up coming, but I'll try to actually facilitate the TV usage as well, not just my pool's ending. Last time when my pool was done and we were waiting on other pools I generally was just lounging around chatting with smashers. This time I'll keep everyone on their toes if you'll allow me! :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
@Krystedez- Say that there are 6 people in the pool. What's a typical record to get into the 48 man bracket? In other words, what is the worst record you could possibly get to make it to the the top 48 play offs?

It would be cool meeting you if I do make it. I'm 5"11, black hair, brown eyes, white, skinny, no glasses.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Chompy, I'd shoot for 8 or 9 wins I guess? It's hard to say, I don't have the statistical appraoch in my head right now.

I'm blonde, blue eyed with glasses, shorter than you, and white. I wear my long hair in a pony tail usually. I'll probly be repping The Black Order badge and outfit again to look "official" (cheesy grin) :D

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Chompy, I'd shoot for 8 or 9 wins I guess? It's hard to say, I don't have the statistical appraoch in my head right now.

I'm blonde, blue eyed with glasses, shorter than you, and white. I wear my long hair in a pony tail usually. I'll probly be repping The Black Order badge and outfit again to look "official" (cheesy grin) :D
What's funny is that this description pretty much matches me as well. LOL.

xD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
>_>...

How is dark, mysterious, and freaking epic silver badges not as cool as beanies and... Shuffle Alliance...shirts... I dont even know what either look like D:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Well....some of the knees have beanies. I don't have one tho, I'm pretty sure all the knees I've seen with beanies don't even play smash anymore. xD you and I probably didn't get one because we aren't "close friends". LOL idk if you know about that story. Its funny. Oh koj. Lol

Ally! I might be able to house you, one maple candy per day. Lol jk. When you gettin my stuffs? Also you should probably let sorasin house you, his family knows french, you guys can be frenchy, like french fries.
:D

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
maaaaaaaaaan i can't wait for this... I don't even care how cool or uncool I look, I'm going to try to get a black hood for the finishing touch. If only I could seal the deal with a trailing back (sorta-cape like...)

In any case, all that stuff would be too hot (zing) for me to handle, so I'd rather play comfortably.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well I am 80% sure I can come to this with the rest of Michigan. I'm really looking forward to this I haven't seen most of the Ohio guys since The Showdown or those few who came up to Michigan last November :x.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
@Saiduck, if you have a beanie just tell Matt that you want your name/number/koj put on it and he can do it for you for minimum cost. :D I don't have one, but I know Steve and Matt do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom