• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
As someone who has played more mega man than I'm willing to guess 99.99% of the worlds population, and someone who is <1 minute away from the world records in mega man 1-6 and 10 (9 I'm about 2 minutes away), my opinion is pretty strong regarding what game is the best. Most people will say Mega Man 2 because that was the industry standard and what all the people who have no idea about video games agree upon because it has a groovy soundtrack and the metal blades.

Mega Man 2 is the 3rd best Mega Man. Mega Man 2 has excellent level design and a few bosses (Crash Man) who will piss you off if you don't know how to fight them, especially buster only. Problem with Mega Man 2 is that it came out in 1989, and eventually as time evolves, technology advances and people start learning the curve of the game, and you can see where some of the lazy design took place. Honestly, my favorite part about Mega Man 2 is that you can only keep 4 E-tanks and that they go away when you gameover. Not that it effects me because I beat the game without dying most of the time, but that's something to think about. This game was too easy, even on difficult. (Final rating 99/100)

Mega Man 9 is very new, has the best level design in the series, has the best control (on Wii and PS3 at least), excellent music, awesome themes in general, and IS ****ING HARD. Also, the weapons are all Hax, and makes the games replay value skyrocket. Plus, Wily's castle in 9 is the best by far. (100/100)

Mega Man 3 is probably the 2nd best in the series, but I get into arguments over 2 vs 3 all the time, and there really isn't much of an answer to it. They are both great games. (99/100)

10 is the 4th best in the series and may end being called the best when it's all over with, due to the fact that it has 9 different play modes (easy-normal-hard and Mega-Proto-Bass), and the first 3 wily levels are perfect and set the mood for what you would hope would be a great final boss fight. But Mega Man 10's last 2 levels are way disappointing and kinda ruin the game, other than this awesome in-series joke that comes between wily 4 and 5. 10 also has 3 bonus stages with bosses from the gameboy mega man games, and once you beat them, you get their power up, and ballade cracker is godly. (97/100, but with bonus material, 100/100)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, 2 is a great one to start with because of how easy it is compared to 9, but if you are gonna start with 2, might as well start with 1. Plus if you buy 9/10 you are supporting new-retro gaming, which I'm in heavy favor of.

jesus thread totally derailed lol
What? What? What? What? I said What? What? What? Stone Cold says your trash.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I really do like Mega Man 4, but it suffers from BSL at stupid places (bright mans stage while jumping over a cliff :O). Adding the charge shot is cool too, and I actually like the fact that you can charge it even if you get hurt (which they take out in the later games). Also, Pharaoh Man is da bess other than maybe Shadow Man. Mega Man 4 has some of the worst music in the series though (Dive Man, Cossack 3/4 and Wily 1 are all amazing, the rest is average) and the rush jet in 4 is stupid as well. (97/100) And for the next questions, it goes 9/3/2/10/5/4/1/6/MMB/the game boy games/8/7.

Also, Quivo, I got one of my friends to watch arrested development last night, and he said it's probably the best decision he's ever made.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
10s level design sucked.

That game pisses me off to no end.

What's that? You want to jump? Oh, we put something here that jumps up and knocks you into the hole. IN EVERY HOLE.

They replaced any semblance of stage strategy with one-hit KO things like holes and spikes. The only things that ever do damage to you are the "large" enemies that you can generally just get hit once and walk through rather than fight. Felt really poor in terms of level design.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I think everyone feels that way after watching Arrested Development. I used to not believe the hype, but after getting into it.. its just so good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
10s level design sucked.

That game pisses me off to no end.

What's that? You want to jump? Oh, we put something here that jumps up and knocks you into the hole. IN EVERY HOLE.

They replaced any semblance of stage strategy with one-hit KO things like holes and spikes. The only things that ever do damage to you are the "large" enemies that you can generally just get hit once and walk through rather than fight. Felt really poor in terms of level design.
You need to download bonus content and get the God Weapons, makes the game so much fun. Also, I love the Hole enemies, reason why Mega Man 4 gets props is for reintroducing that element, though it was stupid in MM1.

Edit: Actually, MM9 reintroduced them, but 10 made it so that those enemies exloded so you couldn't Water Shield through areas like cake unlike the Jewel Shield in MM9.

Also, Solar Man's level and Wily 2 are probably top 15 levels of all time. Wily 1 is so epic too.

I think everyone feels that way after watching Arrested Development. I used to not believe the hype, but after getting into it.. its just so good.
Truth.

that goes for a lot of shows.

like community, and its always sunny.
I thought I'd hate it's always sunny but loved it.

Community is the ****.
I'll check it out.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Actually, MM9 reintroduced them, but 10 made it so that those enemies exloded so you couldn't Water Shield through areas like cake unlike the Jewel Shield in MM9.
God so true. Jewel Shield is too good.

Also, there's a bunch of places that you can use Chill Spike to kill the enemies without slowing down.

what do you think of the X series?
There's only two reasons I like the originals more than the X games:

1) Weapons in the original MM games are super useful, but they're worthless in X

2) There's more super-tech-skill jumps in the original Mega Man games. Dash jumps and wall cling lower the skill cap a ton.

I love nailing hard jumps, makes me feel like such a man.

(Yes Rob, I'm officially admitting that I like the originals more than X now)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
what do you think of the X series?
Absolutely love it.

X1-Easily the best soundtrack of the X series and Storm Eagle's level is the best designed level maybe of all time in any game. I hate the fact you have to either die or escape to get the hadoken, but nitpick. Love the fact they do a "Wily Gauntlet" with the bosses instead of pods. Sigma 1 is a super memorable level and sequence. 98/100

X2-My favorite game of all time until Mega Man 9. Best controls of any platformer, period. Should be enough said, but I'll add that Mid-Air Dash is el savior. 100/100

X3-RUSH JOB. Bad controls, but really difficult. Zero sucked, again due to ****ty controls. 89/100

Side note. Funny that the 2 Rush Jobs are Mega Man 3 and Mega Man X3 (X6 never happened). Too bad Mega Man 3 rules.

X4-Ah, I remember when all I had on the playstation was FF7, Crash Bandicoot and Mega Man X4. Great days. 2 different play styles was boss. I'm still not sure if I like this more than the orignal, but it's easily a top 20 game of all time in my book. 98/100

X5-Gets a lot of bad hype, but I enjoyed it. 90/100

There's only two reasons I like the originals more than the X games:

1) Weapons in the original MM games are super useful, but they're worthless in X

2) There's more super-tech-skill jumps in the original Mega Man games. Dash jumps and wall cling lower the skill cap a ton.

I love nailing hard jumps, makes me feel like such a man.

(Yes Rob, I'm officially admitting that I like the originals more than X now)
Dans analysis is spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself, mostly because part 1 was said by me :)

Echo

Smash Champion
Ok so I was typing a huge block of text with my feelings about each one, but it was taking too long and I have to work. Here's a list anyway.

Mega Man 2
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 10
Mega Man
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 6
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8

I just want to note why I put 7 above 8. Typically game play triumphs above all, but I'm sorry, 8 makes me feel pathetic to say I enjoy Mega Man. First off, whats up with the stupid anime cut scenes with him sounding like a little girl (voice in X4 sucks, too). Hell everyone sounds stupid in those except for protoman. The bosses suck, the music sucks, the graphics are alright but I still think Mega Man looks stupid in game. He can swim (wtf) this game probably just shouldnt have been made. I mean 7 has plenty of flaws and giant sprites but atleast it can remain some of its dignity with an attempt at traditional music and robot masters. If I were to add Mega Man and Bass to this, it'd be tied with 8.

Mega Man X2
Mega Man X
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X3
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man X7
Mega Man X8

These are all really close until X6-X8, which shouldn't have been made. Otherwise I do enjoy the real X games. Rob may be surprised where I put X3... like I said though they're all really close. X4 is overrated but hey, its a good game.

I love both classic and X, but since I've recently been playing Mega Man with Rob, I'd probably roll with saying classics the best.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ok so I was typing a huge block of text with my feelings about each one, but it was taking too long and I have to work. Here's a list anyway.

Mega Man 2 (-2)
Mega Man 9 (+1)
Mega Man 3 (+1
Mega Man 10 (even)
Mega Man (-1)
Mega Man 5 (+1)
Mega Man 4 (even {I think})
Mega Man 6 (even)
Rock Man Forte (fixed)
Mega Man 7 (lame)
Mega Man 8 (Lame)

Mega Man X2 (this list is correct, though I just get pissed at X3, it's probably a better game than X5 tbh)
Mega Man X
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X3
Mega Man X5
Mega Man X6
Mega Man X7
Mega Man X8

I love both classic and X, but since I've recently been playing Mega Man with Rob, I'd probably roll with saying classics the best.
You should have just saved what you wrote and worked on it later, I'd have loved to hear your formal opinions, so I can actually debate you on why 9's da bess. Mega Man and Bass is way better than 7/8, JUST PLAY AS BASS. X List is perfct

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Daycia did Jesse say anything about clearing out some of the arcade? I don't know if you can get ~25 setups going without having to take some of the machines out o_o

D

Deleted member

Don't you DARE touch the DDR machine...(assuming there is one).

<3 Daycia.

Edit: Just saw the OP, so yeah, DDR is a must.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I'll add you guys.

@Chi, Jesse did PowerUp which had 250 people while still having some arcade games, so he so he can do around 32+ setups with everything plus around 100+ people and keep most if all of the cabinets.

And yeah, Auspher. There is DDR. ='3c

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

We're at Arcade Legacy! So unlimited arcade games for two days event!
Will they be on Freeplay :) ?

This is the first SiiS with Melee, but I definitely encourage to bring more and more Melee players; especially for trying to get the Melee scene in Midwest together. As of right now, I can't say what Melee turnout will be!
I'll donate my money to Melee singles at least.

Add me to the attendance list Daycia <3
Oh, shiii, if MI comes I will for serious have to make it out here...but I'd be 100% sure if someone would take me up on my Mega Man challenge, 20 dollars would be fine if 100 scares people away.

Loser buys beer/pizza would also work.

clowsui

Smash Legend
All games are on freeplay @Arcade Legacy with your venue fee

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't break any of the machines or steal any of the games on sale at this venue. I will be repeating this over and over up until the event but I would HATE to not be able to host here in the future because of your blunders :I

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Alrighty Day, MvC3 and Melee have enticed me to want to come to this now (and I'll play some Brawl as well of course lol). Please put me down for this. :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wow you guys have really good opinions

2/9/3 and X1/X2/X4 are clearly the best 3 of each series, and you guys seem to all agree with that quite easily. Guess we all have good taste
Nebraska Mega Man knows their stuff.

And yes, we have a PR.

Edit: Also I assume Auspher would house me if I came.

I'll be starting Megaman 2 tomorrow hopefully! Awee Yeah.
You won't be disappointed.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
hows the housing for this event?
I'll update the OP with Hotel info soon.
Alrighty Day, MvC3 and Melee have enticed me to want to come to this now (and I'll play some Brawl as well of course lol). Please put me down for this. :)
Will do! Glad to see more Melee entrants!

Nebraska Mega Man knows their stuff.

And yes, we have a PR.
I'll be starting Megaman 2 tomorrow hopefully! Awee Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom