• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
In MvC2 ill do that, two teams of megamans would be awesome
Nah, not for 100 dollars, I haven't played MvC2 in a long time, and I hated Mega Man in that game so I didn't play him.

Overswarm will. Most likely.
SERIOUSLY!?!??! Do you know what ones? I was specifically talking Mega Man 1-6 or 9/10. Maybe X but I'd have to know asap. I'm going for every single 8-bit mega man world record and basically have Mega Man 1 already :0

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes probably megaman 2 idk if he'd do it for that much. Ask him haha.

Also I may be able to house people for this, but idk yet. :p

Scythe

Smash Master
so like IL is most likely coming to this (We came to the last two)

can we like grab super duper early housing or something? Thx!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@megaRobMan

I don't know if I'm going to this or not, but if we did any sort of money match in megaman it would probably be either a really really really long endurance match (playing 1-10 all in one sitting) or playing through one megaman with no e-tanks or powerups of any kind and not using special weapons on bosses unless you absolutely had to, and also no breaks (clipping through walls and the like).

I probably won't though, I just got a big dose of megaman and think I might be done with them in a while.

clowsui

Smash Legend
If I go to this everyone better play me @ some point! D:<

I promise I'm alot of fun to play. I rush u sometimes ;o
don't play this man

he just fails to find a friendly set up for five hours

then plays you for one friendly, ***** you and then decides to go off and play a pro who has been waiting for five minutes ;(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@megaRobMan

I don't know if I'm going to this or not, but if we did any sort of money match in megaman it would probably be either a really really really long endurance match (playing 1-10 all in one sitting) or playing through one megaman with no e-tanks or powerups of any kind and not using special weapons on bosses unless you absolutely had to, and also no breaks (clipping through walls and the like).

I probably won't though, I just got a big dose of megaman and think I might be done with them in a while.
lol, whatever rules you want is fine. 1-10 would be crazy fun!!!!!!!!! I usually play 1-6 buster only with no E-tanks neways. Clipping through walls is called "Zipping", specifically in Mega Man 1 with the Magnet Beam and MM2 with Item 1 and 3. I'm fine with no zip glitches at all. I"m actually in the middle of an argument with SDA about the validity of my Mega Man 1 run due to the fact that they WANT ME TO USE ZIPS and I don't want to. My time is faster, but they fear if I don't use EVERY glitch that my run, even though its about 90 seconds faster than the posted time, will be out-dated really quickly.=gay.

I've considred playing 1-10 for the world record books in 1 sitting, this could be a place to do it...I just have to practice 7 and 8 I guess.

Oh, yeah, and I'll play smash too.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
When you are up for 40 hours, the bosses get a lot harder I have noticed.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
don't play this man

he just fails to find a friendly set up for five hours

then plays you for one friendly, ***** you and then decides to go off and play a pro who has been waiting for five minutes ;(
!!!!

We'll play again ;o

Don't be this way. I didn't even play him. There was no time to play anyone @ MLG. Im surprised we even got 1 game in D:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
and Normal or Difficult, with Zips?

Also I want to see a video. I promise I'll put up my video if you swear you'll do it. (only MM1 at the moment is showable).

Though I've talked with you about this before. If you come to this you gotta get in on this. If we did mega man 2 that would mean I'd have to actually manually crack it, though I think it's been done.

But you guys seriously gotta play/master Mega Man 9, it's the NEW standard, seriously.

Good **** this past weekend Cosmo.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Mew2King sucks at bosses. lawwwwwwwwl

"How did you not get hit by woodman's leave?!"

XD

He's better than me at stages though. Cept air man's stage, cuz he doesn't do the jumping around the spikes.

Was fun playing megaman 2 with him. :B

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Metal, Crash, Flash, Air, Heat, Wood, Quick, Bubble

or

Air, Metal, Heat, Flash, Wood, Flash, Quick, Bubble

Who uses weapons in boss battles? O_o

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
overswarm that was like my first time playing with a wiimote (iirc I was using that or something different than I am used to for a controller) and first time doing that in ages but I still did **** considering that

The last time I played MM2 was a week ago (but the time before that was way way before that) and on my 2nd try I did a perfect air man stage run. I get that stuff randomly for some reason on that stage. It seems like you're either on a roll, or you're not.

megarobman do you make any mega man hacks? I enjoy playing them

and it's normal. Only change of hard mode is it takes 2 times the shots to kill enemies

Overswarm

is laughing at you
random question.

why does it matter what order you play the stages if you dont use the weapons they give?
When doing a run you generally try to do harder stuff first. That way if you mess up, you mess up early. Saving the hardest stuff for the end can be frustrating.

Also I like using weapons in levels in creative ways.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The last time I played MM2 was a week ago (but the time before that was way way before that) and on my 2nd try I did a perfect air man stage run. I get that stuff randomly for some reason on that stage. It seems like you're either on a roll, or you're not.

megarobman do you make any mega man hacks? I enjoy playing them
Airmans stage is basically if you can get the wind-blowing enemy to stage scroll kill itself, and know it's gonna happen, otherwise you'll just jump into a pit.

Metal, Crash, Flash, Air, Heat, Wood, Quick, Bubble

or

Air, Metal, Heat, Flash, Wood, Flash, Quick, Bubble

Who uses weapons in boss battles? O_o
I usually do flash/quick/metal/bubble/(heat)/wood/air/crash/(heat), if I want to use item 2 on lava, though it really only saves like 2 seconds, and I'd rather have flash man first so I can advance through metal/air mans stages faster. Quick boomerang is as useful as metal blades are on difficult, which is all I play on.

i don't like using item 2 :/

feels like cheating so that's why I don't use it
GL on Wily 2 :0 It can be done, you just have to keep getting hit by the stomper guys and an e-tank.

Woops! After Heat, so I can use 1 during platform segments.
On crashmans stage, you can use Item 2 as if it is Item 1 by screen scrolling it or having it hit walls and then respawn jump it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No you can also do well timed jumps before the spikes and after the spikes. In the beginning of the level you have to do like 10-20 almost pixel perfect jumps in a row and I have done that many many many times (that + the whole level) but I fail more than I succeed by a lot I maybe get it a quarter of the time (level fully perfect)

LOL of course I use it on wily 2

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
:) I know, but it's easier to use flash stopper AND it gets rid of any in game lag, making it aprox 1 second faster on airmans stage. you land right before the spikes come up a few times and then evetually the 2nd spike on the face platforms stop coming up, I know, it does take a lot of effort, having item 1 here saves time too.

fyi I play on the NES so lag sucks :( bubble mans stage +even a frame of lag=death or missed jump.

THuGz

Smash Lord
The best rule of thumb for playing old school platformers that are really hard is to not play them. Honestly. There is nothing fun about platformers, stop pretending like you like megaman rob.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh yea...I'm going...forgot to say that.

AYO SO MISSOURi ARE WE GONNA GET A HOTEL ROOM TOGETHER OR WHAT!?!

you know its tradition for TKO Car and Missouri to stay together.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The best rule of thumb for playing old school platformers that are really hard is to not play them. Honestly. There is nothing fun about platformers, stop pretending like you like megaman rob.
Quiet, mega men are talking:ledge::joyful: Honestly, you should try playing playing Kirby or Wario Land 3, you know, games you can't die in basically, then move on to Mario and Sonic, excellent but fairly easy games. Then come back to this convo.

I feel bad for never playing Megaman. ;-;
Download 9 this second.

Roller

Smash Legend
I feel bad for never playing Megaman. ;-;

Also-- this is not set in stone; however, it may be a possibility to stay the night at the venue if I get this particular venue! I will know soon!
Is it a hotel or some other place where we would just sleep wherever we are playing.. Kinda like Nope's in a more official building.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Download 9 this second.
Everyone tells me to play Megaman 2?

Is it a hotel or some other place where we would just sleep wherever we are playing.. Kinda like Nope's in a more official building.
It's not confirmed yet, but yeah-- just imagine it in a building with multiple rooms. I'm pretty sure we'll have enough rooms for people to sleep in, and rooms for Brawl/Melee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom