• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

TheLake

Smash Master
Hiyyyyyyyyyyyyyyya que

Merry christmas my low tier soon to be mid tier bretheren

May the joys of wonder

find passage

through your hearts

and lay faith to your scrotums

so that you may pass on the gene of truth

from one spawn to the next

*Festive translation* OMG IM SO PROUD OF YOU ALL HAPPY HOLIDAYS

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Ohh, **** Lake. I was watching this video of you telling dis story on youtube. Maaaaaaan, you too cool.

Also, I'm not sure but I think I got top 8 at this past tourney I went too. :3

:zeldamelee:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
HYPEEEEEEE

You've got this zelda mains!

Edit: SilentWolf and EverlastingYayhuz in Lake's pool. EEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSYYYYYY

D

Deleted member

i played kirbykaze and lost in zelda vs sheik. he outplayed me really well.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Can't say I'm honestly surprised (no offense)

KK is really good (obviously) and that matchup is not an easy one

TheLake

Smash Master
I made bracket this time loool and beat sensei , lost to bam and IB

ITS ONLY LOOKING UP FROM HERE!

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I've definitely heard of bam and probably even seen him play before, but i don't remember his main. Fox sounds about right though

Bing

Smash Master
Bam and I.B both are Falco(I.B switched to Falco) well, he might have used Marth, but he's been going all Falco last I saw.

Also, any quick tips on the Zelda vs Doc MU? This Doc main at our locals always challenges me to a money match of this or Doc vs Pichu(I main Fox btw) and I wouldn't mind having a bit more knowledge on the MU, I've basically been spacing fairs/bairs and throwing him off stage if I get the chance. Oh and forcing him to make the first move.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
sh double kick on shield *****, you can like dash away and bait anything if it doesn't stab.

dsmash at higher percents sends them off stage at a good angle

dtilt Doc's recovery?

don't forget about Doc's nair, Zelda likes to make trades and Doc's nair is an anti-trade move

iunno I made a write up on Zelda vs Mario/Doc but the thread got deleted

Griffard

Smash Ace
Played Zelda for the first time today, just messing around. Then some of my friends came over, and I challenged my friend's Sheik to a Bo5 money match against my Zelda... and I won! It was tight and went to 5 games, but I had a 2 stock in there... anyways just wanted to share. Zelda's pretty fun to play, although of course also pretty frustrating.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
That reminds me of this smashfest I went to 5 or so years ago. One of the people in my crew (a sheik main) claimed that he was easily better than me and that he won 90% of the games he played against me. The rest of my crew looked agreed that he was probably better than me but that it was much more even than he was letting on. I ended up 4 stocking his sheik with zelda. Damn that felt so good

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Lol that's usually why I beat Sheik's, they forget about grabs since they're fighting Zelda.

People in general no matter what character they're playing or up against forget that grabbing is a thing. It's even if you don't combo off of one it's such a good momentum shift tactic.

:phone:

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
They had bad spacing and DI and think they can win without grabbing

:phone:
Yup, but even moreso the mentality that 'Zelda sucks and this matchup is 90/10 in my favor so I should be able to win by doing whatever I want'. As less experienced players get frustrated in any matchup they tend to charge in stupidly and against zelda that results in multiple kicks to the face.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
So ive started toying around with zelda recently, and I would like to relate this experience.

Bthrow fox at high damage on fountain, send a dins fire after him for lols, it hits him back towards the stage (really high damage) and I lag upsmash him for the KO.

so, is upB good for anything, its a stupidly fun move?

D

Deleted member

i've always felt like zelda vs doc was hella close to even. then again the only doc i play is boss so idk. limited exposure.

Griffard

Smash Ace
So ive started toying around with zelda recently, and I would like to relate this experience.

Bthrow fox at high damage on fountain, send a dins fire after him for lols, it hits him back towards the stage (really high damage) and I lag upsmash him for the KO.

so, is upB good for anything, its a stupidly fun move?
I've gotten this to work a couple times: stalling on the ledge with Up-B, getting the opponent to come close enough, they get clipped by the Up-B start-up, and then ledgehopping a sweetspotted kick to the face. Love that so much

Top Bottom