• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should we work on making a West Coast crew for Genesis? (Brawl)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
So for 5 man crews it would be :

DSF
Tyrant
Fiction
DEHF
MikeHAZE

and for 10 man it would be the above plus:

Leepuff
(open)
(open)
(open)
(open)

who else would take those 4 open spots?

RichBrown

Smash Master
TKD and Havok for 2 of those spots probably.

Yeah like JonT said I'd love to be a part of a 10 man crew but I dunno if I'm good enough either. It'd probably be best to make the decision a week or 2 before the tournament and pick the people who are playing the best at the time.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
we should hold a round robbin tournament to see who should make it in, with everyone who the top five thinks is good enough lol

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL I didn't know TvC was that bad.

At least I hear good things about BlazBlue. ****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i like that every team pitched is all socal and no other regions take issue with it because the rest of them are all so awful :laugh:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Crews in brawl is pretty stupid. You can't really **** anyone really hard, so it's not quite so exciting. I like Brawl, but I don't like doing crews really. Crews are fun when the game is just as exciting to watch as it is to play, which the game isn't I'm sorry to say. I have fun playing, which is why I'd rather do friendlies while the crew battles are going on probably.

onski?

Smash Ace
we should hold a round robbin tournament to see who should make it in, with everyone who the top five thinks is good enough lol
So Cal should come up to CGC X to determine who is qualified to be in Crews. for both Melee and Brawl. Plus those other two states up north would have less travel time if they think they're good enough to come down. ROAD TRIP

HugS™

Smash Lord
TKD and Havok for 2 of those spots probably.

Yeah like JonT said I'd love to be a part of a 10 man crew but I dunno if I'm good enough either. It'd probably be best to make the decision a week or 2 before the tournament and pick the people who are playing the best at the time.
Seeing as how this is a game of counter picks, after the top 6, the other 4 spots should be based on counter picks. It would be assumed that the other 4 spots would be ranked players of course.

Because consistent or not, I have rarely seen a player lose on what they consider to be one of their best match ups. If we can have a list of alternates, this would be easy. But if we can not, then we can try to determine what other regions' teams will consist of. We can then pick the best overall team to handle those teams, generally speaking.

Despite what I just said though, I think TKD and Havok would be shoo-ins. Not just because they are really good, but because they also use the best character in the game. We need not worry about counter picking match ups with them because it'd be kind of redundant. MK already counters most characters.

After that, skill hardly plays a role, as this game relies so heavily on counter picks, and everyone below the top 4-5 is pretty much on the same skill tier IMO, despite differing degrees of success.

So there really isn't a place to talk about not being skilled enough in this game. If you're ranked, you're skilled enough. You just have to be used intelligently.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i wanna play BlazBlue

oh and uh go west coast brawl/melee!!!

RichBrown

Smash Master
Lol I automatically assumed Fiction meant So Cal haha. Yeah Nor Cal does have some decent players I guess =P

Charoo

Smash Champion
btw take this into consideration

in crews, the only stage being use will most likely be battlefield, smashville, and final destination. This automatically make Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Olimar better because they don't have to worry about counter pick stages.

Like Hugo said, we should also need to consider counter pick chars. Doesn't east coast have a bunch of diddy? Seems like falcos would take care of that and etc.

That's just a general tip.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Ok i'll just throw my top 10 out of the bag. (For Westcoast)

1.Dsf
2.me
3.larry
4.fiction
5.mikehaze
6.havok
7.leepuff
8.Sk92
9.Richbrown
10.Teba

This is just a rough draft. Lets work it out.

DISCUSS!!!

Also thank you rich for reminding people about this thread. :bee:

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I think that Teba and Rich Brown are debatable picks

I think that TKD should be considered above both of them and also Bardull, JonT, HugS, and possibly Futile should be taken into consideration as well

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
Hmm i agree with your other choices.

I chose rich and teba because of match-ups. (rich does good against snake)
DDD is good against heavy characters (DK etc.)

@boback-How come you didn't come to cgcX?? i wanted to pay for genesis!!!

Charoo

Smash Champion
u should consider counter pick chars. for the bench

ice climbers - too good vs a lot of people that don't know the much up or so
pikachu - chain grab fest

we have fly & Michael hey for ics
we have Z as pikachu from nevada right?

There's other chars. that we can use for counter too. Olimar and diddy too.

You can also put me in as reserve when I can tilt lock people with sheik haha

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
so I think in the crew battle we should all go mk

10 MKs ftw!!!!

edit - TKD has a good pika and Fiction's ICs are really good

RichBrown

Smash Master
TKD should definitely be on the list, although I'm not sure if he is going to Genesis, we were talking about it briefly on friday. I guess he can come in here and clear that up.

I agree with Larry's picks. It also feels like it'd be a crime to leave Hugo out of crew battles lol. And yeah I'll take out any snake heavy team =)

We would probably win if we just did 10 MK's tho lmao

Jem.

Smash Master
If Weruop comes you should consider him. He doesnt beat my Metaknight, but he's pretty solid in every other matchup, and can keep up with most top players.

TKD

Smash Lord
My Pikachu's horrible. I don't play that character. It'd be different if someone that actually mains him was good. There's a difference between someone being good at a character, and that character having absolutely no rep.

Pick people out of MikeHaze, Havok, Tyrant, DSF, DEHF, SK92, Leepuff, Teba, Fiction, BoA and HugS. I think they're all of the good West Coast players. Excluding maybe the power ranked ones that I didn't mention.

Don't make HugS fight a Meta Knight, save Leepuff or Tyrant for M2K, and you have yourselves a win.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
no hard feelings, but this is how i honestly feel about crews

if crews happens and its 10 ppl, i think i would be a solid choice. characters like olimar/rob (sorry rich/hugsies >_>) are subject to the gayest of counter picks and aren't viable CPs against any certain character, where as marth is only subject to MK (IMHO, other match ups are close,) and you've seen how well mike does against MK...i'm getting there, slowly but surely with the help of havok tips and mike tricksies (that i stole :p). i'm especially good vs. olimar/falco/gw/d3/wario/snake, where as i'm somewhat weak to rob/mk (worst case scenario i'd probably take 2 stocks instead of a full 3 against either character, granted the player is very good. i took tyrant/havok to last stock game 3 for both so hopefully that stands for -something.-)

i personally think i've been doing very well as of late, with the exception of my loss to hall on sunday...sick johns, and it's hard to fight a player like hall when you have a headache, straight up. i must've run onto his mines like 12 times that day...zzz

these are players who, FOR SURE, should be in:

1. tyrant (mk)
2. mike haze (marth)
3. havok (mk)
4. fiction (wario)
5. dsf (mk)

as of recent i feel they are the most consistent placers, so they are shoo-ins.

as for larry, i feel larry is somewhat inconsistent as of right now. but i know he has the potential to **** very, very hard, so hopefully he'll be out of that slump when it's game time.

sk92 would probably have to be in there as well, he's been doing well recently.

lee puff is good but he like...blanks out when he fights snake, but he's REALLY good vs. mk. hopefully he'll be on his A game when the opposing crew pulls out their snake for him.

boa/teba are hella inconsistent. at one moment they ****, the next they lose to ike takeda and/or Z, which doesn't make sense to me because i CRUSHED both bardull style. they are a bit too risky imo.

pikachu is definitely not a necessity, not to mention we don't have any that are truly amazing.

i would love for there to be an amazing ICs on the team, but i don't trust michael hey or fly to get the job done. it's a big maybe. prolly make either a spare and if they are playing amazing then swap 'em in imo.

no one from oregon or washington are, imo, viable picks, albeit they have some good players, i don't feel they are ready to represent the entirety that is the west coast.

norcal is pretty much the same dealio. just my opinion.

i sorta take back what i said regarding olimar, i think richbrown would be very solid for any snakes we come across, i'm just afraid of what may happen when he fights a crazy MK. he did do very well vs. dsf last time they played (lol) so that might be up for debate.

nevada only has sk92.

right now my list looks like...

1. Tyrant (MK)
2. Fiction (Wario)
3. Mike Haze (Marth)
4. Havok (MK)
5. DSF (MK)
6. DEHF (Falco/MK?)
7. SK92 (Falco)
8 .Leepuff (GW)
9. BarDulL (Marth)
10.RichBrown (Granolimar)

Bench/Possibles
-------------------
1. ICs (michael hey/fly if they are willing)
2. i think a snake would be nice, but we don't have an ally or anyone at that level that could for sure handle top level players.
3. TKD is secretly holding off his power level until the time is right...he'd be a possible pick imho if he goes.
4. boa/teba if either are on their good day.
5. i honestly don't know. any of the other ranked players atm would be solid. i wouldn't mind jont, but sometimes he can get gimped like crazy :dizzy:
6. maaan i dunno about that hugs guy lol

feel free to debate with me, but i think this is the most solid line up that can be mustered

Top Bottom