• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sakurai direct the next Smash? OMG READ PLZ ;)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
If Sakurai didn't do smash.
Namco or Miyamoto...maybe Nomaru would be the only ones that can handle it.
And by Namco I mean the tales of staff.

If Namco takes the Tales of Formula and applied that to Smash, it could kick ***.

I mean look at Tales of Symphonia's Bosses, it has a (for the most part) linear battle system just like Smash, BUT IT KICKS ***!!!

Also Namco would've delivered on the fan service.....I mean...look at the cameo fights they give you, they don't wimp out bosses.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai went too far with stickers.
I mean, you REALLY have to suck in order to need stickers.

And masterpieces?
I've played them like maybe three times and I got bored of them.
Super Metroid is awesome, but I have no clue where I'm supposed to go, what I'm supposed to do, and all of the bosses are beaten. (Before you start explaining, I've played almost every Metroid game there is, and attempted a speedrun on two of them)
WHAT FUN IS THAT?

But if he could just make another Brawl, except add in more characters, less homicidal stages (Orca, you might want to add that one), more AWESOME stages, more music (come on, some of these songs just REALLY suck), and more options for stage builder and online, I think that would be the most awesome thing ever.
He could leave tripping in there for all I care.
Just make SOMETHING better.

Oh crud, I complained.
Forgot XP
This thread is likely to be locked, but if you're lucky........

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
He should put Sonic in melee. Honestly I would never touch Brawl again.

I don't know whether he should direct the next one. Everyone's bawwing about tripping is 100% pathetic. I wonder if most people even think when they write that. Like, they've seen on disgruntled person type it, and so are repeating like parrots.
The problem is that Brawl has the depth of a spoon. It is awful. There's very little you can do to appear good other than pick an unbalanced character. There's no useful techniques.
RANT RANT RANT.
If Sakurai makes the next game and doesn't make Captain Falcon at LEAST in the top 3 best characters I will personally castrate him.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai should just balance the **** characters, instead of nerfing characters just make the weak stronger (See Link) so the tournaments aren't so centralized.

Also, the stage builder was a good concept, just needs more polishing.

peeup

Smash Lord
If Sakurai makes the next game and doesn't make Captain Falcon at LEAST in the top 3 best characters I will personally castrate him.
That...
might soon be in my sig...

On topic: Who else would direct SSB4? Nintendo doesn't do hardcore games, IMO melee was a (really good) fluke. This is an abstract and impossible idea but: The makers of The Conduit (High Voltage) seem to want their game to be hardcore, so they could probably make smash competitive again.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Namco = Good Smash Game.

The Boss fights would be cool, I mean honestly... Why didn't they give us more from the battle system.

Brawl is a good all around game, and it's not horrible competitively either.

But what about what brawl was about....trophy's fighting and stuff.
But beyond that it's really, Dude look Link vs Mario....cool right?

Why were we not getting the real fan service.

Im still pissed on how little SSE delivered in terms of that.

It doesn't even tell you how Metaknight lost his ship >.>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I don't think anyone here will want sakurai to make the next game. There where so many things that could have been done instead of the useless scenes which probably took up a buttload of space. Yes they where kool at first but who honestly spends time watching them again? I've probably looked at them over once since I beat the game.

Limiting competition was just stupid as well. Who cares if we are better than someone at something, that is how life is. People gather all around the world to compete at Olympics, marathons, the world cup, and countless other sports why can't we just see who is better at playing a game since all of those other things are games as well.

I remember sakurai said something about people thinking they are the best in smash but are really only the 100000th best or something like that. That was the reason he didn't make a ranking system but I say that is completely stupid. If the online didn't have button lag and regular lag the ranking system would have been a god sent so all the 13 year old kids wouldn't go around saying yah I'm the best thing that happened to smash since melee.

If sakurai is chosen to direct the next smash I will higher the mafia to kill him.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
MK would still be broken in the E for All demo.

Anyway, I've given it some thought... you know who could do the next Smash? Gamefreak... I think that's the name... you know, the guys who do the Pokemon games? It'll have like 451 characters, two different versions plus a newer version that'll come out later in the year with bonus features, and the three different versions would have all the characters, but certain characters you would have to unlock by defeating them online from a user with a different version (although that could easily be exploited), and only 2 to 5 characters in the whole game would be broken enough to consider to ban. Mewtwo will be one of them.

Wait, does that sound familiar?

Edit: btw, just for ****s and giggles, here's the E for all roster:

Mario
DK
Link
Samus (thus Zero Suit Samus... although did it have the hold R thingy?)
Fox
Pikachu
Diddy
Pit
MK
Ike
Peach
Yoshi
Sonic (weird, because Snake was obviously mentioned before him)
Bowser

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Melee was an amazing game because the development was focused on quality over quantity. We got a bunch of great new gameplay elements like dodging, short hopping, better DI, faster pace and much more. The new stuff like trophies and single player modes were only a bonus to the amazing new gameplay additions.

In Brawl, Sakurai focused on quantity over quality. Lots of new crap like Stage builder, stickers, and subspace Emissary, but very little in the way of substantive gameplay innovations.

If Sakurai plans to design another Smash game with the utter lack of innovation with which that he designed Brawl, then he should be relegated to a minor supervision role rather than the role of director.
Maybe he did this because Melee incorporated all these new elements; they were so good that more couldn't possibly be made at that time brawl was being developed. I'm not a Sakurai hater (im not even familiar with him :S) but i think that with most elements of Melee as a competitive game being in Brawl, he also included that other, un gameplay related elements to bring back the feel of Smash as a party game...
the first SSB was a party game right?

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorely dissapointed in the stage builder. I've mentioned it several times in differant threads, and most of the community agreed:
There's NO reason why we shouldn't be able to choose SEVERAL songs for each custom stage.
The peice limit is understandable, but the overlap borders limit the possibilities horribly.

And I think that Sakurai's truly mental for thinking tripping belongs in a fighting game. I feel that he deserves another chance at developing a game, but if the next smash is as much of a dissapointment as Brawl was to me, he can say bye to one of the series loyal fans, and I'll most likely be 100% happy with some other game that hasn't had it's foundations shaken by "innovative, new ideas meant to increase it's fun". I gladly would say screw the sticker system for a better online. Half the kids who play SSE have no idea wtf each sticker does, except it enhances leg attacks. (While they're confused as to what's considered leg attacks >_> )

I hope Starcraft and SF4 aren't as much as a dissapointment as Brawl was.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The E for All demo also had more hitstun, dash dancing, and L-canceling.

Seriously, Sakurai dumbed down the demo because he thought it was too competative!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, he hasn't let me down yet. He made a couple mistakes in this one (tripping was the only one I really cared about), and the online wasn't too good, but then again, he said that he tried to make the online the way he wanted but it didn't really come through the way he wanted to.

But remember, just because he made a mistake or two in this one doesn't mean he's incapable of fixing them.

I notice, however, that many people on this thread are talking from a tourney standpoint, which is a separate thing altogether. While many of you have good points, I'd like to point out that there's always at distinction between one's opinions of what's bad and what is actually bad. Not that that's a bad thing, but just try not to voice your opinions as if they are factual flaws in the game...

Hey, without Sakurai's innovative thinking we wouldn't have smash in the first place, so he should at involved. After all, he's the only one who's truly able to feel the idea of his own creation, even if it doesn't always come out the way his imagination sees it. As the innovative mind behind the game we all love, I'm not going to cast him out (if someone else handles the series, who knows how it might change beyond it's core). Like I said: he's never let me down, whereas someone else might warp the series into something else.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Well, he hasn't let me down yet. He made a couple mistakes in this one (tripping was the only one I really cared about), and the online wasn't too good, but then again, he said that he tried to make the online the way he wanted but it didn't really come through the way he wanted to.

But remember, just because he made a mistake or two in this one doesn't mean he's incapable of fixing them.

I notice, however, that many people on this thread are talking from a tourney standpoint, which is a separate thing altogether. While many of you have good points, I'd like to point out that there's always at distinction between one's opinions of what's bad and what is actually bad. Not that that's a bad thing, but just try not to voice your opinions as if they are factual flaws in the game...

Hey, without Sakurai's innovative thinking we wouldn't have smash in the first place, so he should at involved. After all, he's the only one who's truly able to feel the idea of his own creation, even if it doesn't always come out the way his imagination sees it. As the innovative mind behind the game we all love, I'm not going to cast him out (if someone else handles the series, who knows how it might change beyond it's core). Like I said: he's never let me down, whereas someone else might warp the series into something else.
Sakurai will have a hand in Smash no matter what. Kirby characters, stages, and other elements are in the games.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I think I should direct the next smash. But Id probably put in too many Earthbound characters for everyone eles` taste :p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If Sakurai lets his Kirby bias go wild once again (*cough*MetaknightandDedede*cough*) then I have to say I would hope he sits out on the next one.
QFT. I don't want to go into detail as to why I agree because it could easily go off topic...

Should he direct the next game (if one comes out) is a difficult question. There's obviously a lot of people who dislike Brawl for various reasons and there's of course people who like Brawl for various reasons.

From my view, the game is fun, bright and does an excellent job at providing fan service and making casual players think the game is balanced (and maybe the competetive players although currently it would seem the majority don't think so). However, it also looks like too many restrictions have been put on it. Some things feel very much unfinished and quickly tied up. To add insult to injury, the game was delayed several times (for us, we had to wait until June to get Brawl) to the point where some people wondered if it was ever going to come out.

There are many people who are not going to want Sakurai to do the next game but the problem is that there doesn't seem to be anyone else who could do it. You have to take into account that Sakurai did direct Melee so it isn't impossible for him to revert things back to the way they were

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I think I should direct the next smash. But Id probably put in too many Earthbound characters for everyone eles` taste :p
Or maybe I should make it, put in Gunstar Heroes characters, make them broken as hell and put in a password so that only I can use them. Then I could win tournies.

>_________________________>

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I want the Smash series to be put in the hands of someone new. Someone who will listen to the fans better.

I love what Sakurai has done so far, minus some things, but I'm ready for someone that will, perhaps take it in a different direction. Character selection for Brawl was excellent, in my opinion. Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas.. that makes me happy. ROB and Wolf I don't really care about. Ridley, Takamaru or Krystal would've been fun, but whatever.

btw, I read all that you wrote and agree with all of it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I want the Smash series to be put in the hands of someone new. Someone who will listen to the fans better.

I love what Sakurai has done so far, minus some things, but I'm ready for someone that will, perhaps take it in a different direction. Character selection for Brawl was excellent, in my opinion. Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas.. that makes me happy. ROB and Wolf I don't really care about. Ridley, Takamaru or Krystal would've been fun, but whatever.

What kind of direction do you want Smash to go in, and why do you think Sakurai is not capable of going that way?

(fans will complain about anything)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

But the casualties like Brawl the way it is, hence its near perfect ratings all over the place.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
First, forget the "fluffs"

Stickers suck, Stage Builder sucks, Replay sucks due to time limit, why have SSE if it isnt deep, long, or decently structured? And event matches are gayness now!

NO Sakurai for next Smash

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
First, forget the "fluffs"

Stickers suck, Stage Builder sucks, Replay sucks due to time limit, why have SSE if it isnt deep, long, or decently structured? And event matches are gayness now!

NO Sakurai for next Smash
So...because these extra little features that no one cares about anyway were not perfect, he cannot fix them and should not be in charge of the next game.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
True possible spoiler ahead:
I heard he lost already...

Ken would be better as the DIRECTOR for the next Smash. Producer is mostly about advertising or something like that, but it's quite a misleading title.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
Come to think about it, I've never thought about Sakurai's biased opinion on competitive Smash Bros.

Sakurai can leave and I won't miss him. As long as he's around, I'm almost positive that things like tripping will be appearing and the good things like hitstun, wavedashing, and combos will be dissapearing.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
If, and only IF the lack of hitstun and tripping really were intentionally put in there to discourage competitive use...then as much as it pains me to say it, yeah...I think him not doing the next one should be considered in my opinion.

Now I think the one player mode stuff is fine. I have no idea why some people here are saying they should be taken out. These are games meant to celebrate a lot about these characters and series' they come from as much as they are games themselves, the "fluff" as some put I think is just as important as the game being good itself. These games arn't just for the tournament players, they're supposed to be for a much wider range of people than that. These arn't traditional fighting games.

But...for a game to tout itself as something meant for everyone to have -any- sect of its playerbase be intentionally discouraged from playing it the way they want is not only hypocritical, it's just plain bad game design. If some people wanted to play this in a competitive way, then the people who wouldn't arn't exactly going to be hurt by it. It wouldn't magically break the online more than it already is, it's not like tourneytards would be knocking down the "Casual" front doors forcing them to do it their way. It wouldn't damage this game in any way. Just fairly give those types the opportunity to play the way they want.

I really respect him as a game designer, and I don't want to think that he's being all malicious about this like what a lot of what I read around here seems to think. Maybe (Actually, I say more likely) it was just severe miscalculation and ignorance over just how much of an impact these two stupid, silly little details would make. If that's the case, let him try it again. IF it's the above though, I love Kirby and all but that's bs.

You know at the end of the day this game was a huge success, and unless he gets actual feedback from these types of players, all this isn't going to make a difference on whether he returns or not.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Just give me a designer who can take the best from the smash bro. series and put it all into one game without too many setbacks.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Yes he should. He did a great job with Brawl, and the sales show it. The game is awesome and I have more fun with it than I ever did with Melee.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yes he should. He did a great job with Brawl, and the sales show it. The game is awesome and I have more fun with it than I ever did with Melee.
The sales are good because it is one of the most anticipated Wii titles, which also happens to be the best selling system, and targets the largest audiance.

That largest audiance being the gamers who buy a game, play it for a few months, and then move on to the next game. Brawl is a shallow game designed for shallow gamers.

Puffs

Smash Ace
The sales are good because it is one of the most anticipated Wii titles, which also happens to be the best selling system, and targets the largest audience.

That largest audience being the gamers who buy a game, play it for a few months, and then move on to the next game. Brawl is a shallow game designed for shallow gamers.
Shallow gamers try and play as many games as possible and get the most out of them?

I guess we should all just stick to a certain group of games, *****ing about every little thing they change in the sequels.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Define "the fans"

Seriously... the Smash Bros series has what's probably the largest Broken Base of any game most of us have ever seen (except Sonic, probably). Brawl certainly wasn't the start of it.

Both sides like to assume they are the majority, and that, thus, their way is right, but, in the end both sides are probably both completely wrong and absolutely right at the same time. So remember, just because he doesn't fulfill what you want doesn't mean he doesn't care about the fans.

That largest audiance being the gamers who buy a game, play it for a few months, and then move on to the next game. Brawl is a shallow game designed for shallow gamers.
On that note, this comment kind of caught my attention, since it's looking like another opinion posted as fact, or at least someone saying something that they're just assuming.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Personally, I think he should step down, for AT LEAST one Smash game, and we shall see how a new director of the game works it.
Because, really, I'm tired of his creational bias. I mean, Meta Knight just-so-happens to be a "high tier", and guess who created him? King Dedede is incredibly powerful, with one of the best knockbacking Forward-Smashes in the game... Then there's Snake, but I'd rather not get into that.
Guess which item -- you have to collect all three pieces of it -- instantly KOs an opponent? Guess where it came from? And guess who made it?
And then the adventure mode is just one giant Kirby adventure.

Yes. Please step down JUST once, Sakurai.
I want to see my Mewtwo back.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Shallow gamers try and play as many games as possible and get the most out of them?

I guess we should all just stick to a certain group of games, *****ing about every little thing they change in the sequels.
They play a game at face value and don't really look for deeper mechanics or really try to improve that much at the game.

You don't have to stick to a certain group of games, but the games themselves should allow you to spend years playing it and improving if you so desire. I don't care that brawl isn't melee, I care that they took things out of the brawl demo that competitive players liked, right after we found them.

Footstool jumping-Great idea!
RAR-I freakin' love this!
Tripping-WTF is wrong with you!!!

It's that **** that gets on people's nerves.

On that note, this comment kind of caught my attention, since it's looking like another opinion posted as fact, or at least someone saying something that they're just assuming.
Sakurai has stated multiple times that he doesn't agree with the idea of competition. He purposefully removed options that were present in the DEMO in order to make the game simpler. In other words, he dumbed down the game making it shallower. And who do you think he was catering to when he did this? He was catering to the casual gamers (rightfully so, as they are the majority) at the cost of the hardcore gamers (this is where I find fault with him. It honestly would not have been hard to appeal to both.)

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Here's what the problem (in Sakurai's mind) was...

He's a peaceful, non-competitive guy (not that competitive people can't be peaceful, I'm just saying). So when he was thinking of doing Brawl, he wanted the emphasis to be more on having fun rather than competition... However, the online component of Brawl would've changed that... is this why playing with anyone online is strictly for lulz? Is the online feature really the reason he decided to dumb down the game?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Sakurai has stated multiple times that he doesn't agree with the idea of competition. He purposefully removed options that were present in the DEMO in order to make the game simpler. In other words, he dumbed down the game making it shallower. And who do you think he was catering to when he did this? He was catering to the casual gamers (rightfully so, as they are the majority) at the cost of the hardcore gamers (this is where I find fault with him. It honestly would not have been hard to appeal to both.)
On the vein of what I said before, shallow is a very general term. As is "dumbed down." Appealing to casual gamers does not necessarily equate to shallower, nor does simplicity necessarily equal dumbed down. I've never picked up Brawl and though "wow, this is all around shallower than Melee." But you do. Which is ok, but it's also an opinion.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
On the vein of what I said before, shallow is a very general term. As is "dumbed down." Appealing to casual gamers does not necessarily equate to shallower, nor does simplicity necessarily equal dumbed down. I've never picked up Brawl and though "wow, this is all around shallower than Melee." But you do. Which is ok, but it's also an opinion.
The characters are unable to move as freely and effectively, recovering has been made easier, buffering has made timing less important, getting hit is not as detrimental (as you take one or two hits and then are back on even ground), and shielding has very few consequences.

How is that not dumbed down in comparsion? It's like saying that a school bus is not big in comparison to a punch buggy. It's not opinion, it is a direct comparison.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
reply to many.

Beside, who the hell else at Nintendo can direct Smash? No one at Nintendo has any experience doing fighting games, much less directing Smash. The last non-Smash fighting game was what? Killer Instinct Gold? And that was done by Rare as a matter of fact.

So if Sakurai doesn't do Smash 4, then Capcom better be doing it.
Haha. Good point! I do think that He should have some involvement in the next smash--- but if anything there should still be a new director. It'd be fine if he was co director. So long as there's a new head of ideas in the direction of the game.

Also yeah... if all else fails capcom is pretty friggen awesome. I always wondered what Smash would be like if they made it.

Melee was an amazing game because the development was focused on quality over quantity. We got a bunch of great new gameplay elements like dodging, short hopping, better DI, faster pace and much more. The new stuff like trophies and single player modes were only a bonus to the amazing new gameplay additions.

In Brawl, Sakurai focused on quantity over quality. Lots of new crap like Stage builder, stickers, and subspace Emissary, but very little in the way of substantive gameplay innovations.

If Sakurai plans to design another Smash game with the utter lack of innovation with which that he designed Brawl, then he should be relegated to a minor supervision role rather than the role of director.
I agree.

No, he shouldn't direct the next smash. I remember that in one interview relating to his involvement in the game, he said that he would direct the game if nintendo gave him complete liberty on it's development, and we got a game that didn't live up to it's hype, unlike melee.

IMO, the game could have been a lot more if sakurai didn't focused so much on 258 songs and a lot of pointless stuff ( stickers, masterpieces, the vault in general, pointless fanservice etc) and focused more on the important stuff(the gameplay, better online, a GOOD one player mode, better custom stages. etc).
I have no problem with him getting licensing for the songs, as I loved the soundtrack. Though, I'd have loved if he sported more characters and better levels.

If we can get someone that won't screw over characters undeservedly and won't be stupid and not give Ganon a creative moveset like he deserved to get two games ago. How do you make Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon?!
Yeah seriously. Ganomdorf isn't some pushover side character. He's the epic arch enemy in the Zelda games. How on earth is it possible that he doesn't merit his very own unique move-set? Seriously... I don't care who you are... if you defy this notion you're an idiot.

We need someone who understands the heart of the concept: Nintendo fanservice (with guests Snake and Sonic).

Three games into the series, and they're still just scratching the surface. Sure, you have stuff like Luigi's Mansion as a stage and all the NES nostalgia in the music. But they don't seem to stray from "most people will have at least heard of it" content. Where's Vaati, or Lakilester, or Miror B?
I know what you mean! There's a slew of characters that could have been added--- despite the fact that they weren't the most well known.

I think Sakurai went too far with stickers.
I mean, you REALLY have to suck in order to need stickers.

And masterpieces?
I've played them like maybe three times and I got bored of them.
Super Metroid is awesome, but I have no clue where I'm supposed to go, what I'm supposed to do, and all of the bosses are beaten. (Before you start explaining, I've played almost every Metroid game there is, and attempted a speedrun on two of them)
WHAT FUN IS THAT?

But if he could just make another Brawl, except add in more characters, less homicidal stages (Orca, you might want to add that one), more AWESOME stages, more music (come on, some of these songs just REALLY suck), and more options for stage builder and online, I think that would be the most awesome thing ever.
He could leave tripping in there for all I care.
Just make SOMETHING better.

Oh crud, I complained.
Forgot XP
This thread is likely to be locked, but if you're lucky........
I don't even know if I mentioned Master Pieces in the OP. My God... I can't believe how pointless that feature is. It's the largest form of marketing I've ever seen in a game to date.
I mean.. the entire point is to intrigue Brawl consumers to buy the classic games that host their favorite characters. ---- Sure... you could say that it was to give people an idea of where the characters come from... that's fine and dandy... but don't deny the fact that Nintendo hope's this feature will increase Wii Store profits.

Levels:
My God... How could I miss this one! I'm somewhat weird when it comes to maps... in some instances. I could actually go without the more flashy stuff having more fun with the rather simplistic. In this case, there's not a hole lot to deny; many Brawl maps SUCK. Okay.. sorry, I know they put a great deal of effort into making them but honestly... that doesn't deny the fact that they suck. Too many maps have too many built-in hazards. I mean, Spear Pillar is quite a different map... I actually COULD see myself enjoying it. However, as soon as these super powerful pokemon appear and start breaking apart the map, shooting beams, boomerangs, and slowing down time---- and reversing controls... I hate it. They've ruing a relatively unique map. New Pork City (I think that's the name.. I forget) is one of the most stupid maps. Not because of the hazard it presents; that demon thing, but because it's SOOO **** big. Even 4 player is annoying on that map.

What stages do I truly enjoy and play? Final Destination (despite the horrid edges-- which is another Brawl fail) I still play this map to death. I probably like Smashville more than Destination now, as you don't get gimped as easily thanks to the better edge design. But also, that platform add a uniqueness to this map that I like. Battlefield-- great map. Pokemon stadium 1 (The 2nd one is a perfect example of hazards). Yoshi's level, the one with the tilting mid platform. I don't know why but I can't recall the name-- oh well. From what I recall those are the primary maps I'd play.

BTW. What I don't understand is why isn't there the option to turn off stage hazards? That would alleviate most every problem right there. I mean I don't see what's so hard about that.

Thanks for the post-- good points!

I don't think anyone here will want sakurai to make the next game. There where so many things that could have been done instead of the useless scenes which probably took up a buttload of space. Yes they where kool at first but who honestly spends time watching them again? I've probably looked at them over once since I beat the game.

Limiting competition was just stupid as well. Who cares if we are better than someone at something, that is how life is. People gather all around the world to compete at Olympics, marathons, the world cup, and countless other sports why can't we just see who is better at playing a game since all of those other things are games as well.

I remember sakurai said something about people thinking they are the best in smash but are really only the 100000th best or something like that. That was the reason he didn't make a ranking system but I say that is completely stupid. If the online didn't have button lag and regular lag the ranking system would have been a god sent so all the 13 year old kids wouldn't go around saying yah I'm the best thing that happened to smash since melee.

If sakurai is chosen to direct the next smash I will higher the mafia to kill him.
haha True. I don't understand why online competition is a problem.

MK would still be broken in the E for All demo.

Anyway, I've given it some thought... you know who could do the next Smash? Gamefreak... I think that's the name... you know, the guys who do the Pokemon games? It'll have like 451 characters, two different versions plus a newer version that'll come out later in the year with bonus features, and the three different versions would have all the characters, but certain characters you would have to unlock by defeating them online from a user with a different version (although that could easily be exploited), and only 2 to 5 characters in the whole game would be broken enough to consider to ban. Mewtwo will be one of them.

Wait, does that sound familiar?

Edit: btw, just for ****s and giggles, here's the E for all roster:

Mario
DK
Link
Samus (thus Zero Suit Samus... although did it have the hold R thingy?)
Fox
Pikachu
Diddy
Pit
MK
Ike
Peach
Yoshi
Sonic (weird, because Snake was obviously mentioned before him)
Bowser
ROFL! hahaha. That'd be hilarious if they'd pulled off that stunt! I'd get the red game... as I always do.

I'm sorely dissapointed in the stage builder. I've mentioned it several times in differant threads, and most of the community agreed:
There's NO reason why we shouldn't be able to choose SEVERAL songs for each custom stage.
The peice limit is understandable, but the overlap borders limit the possibilities horribly.

And I think that Sakurai's truly mental for thinking tripping belongs in a fighting game. I feel that he deserves another chance at developing a game, but if the next smash is as much of a dissapointment as Brawl was to me, he can say bye to one of the series loyal fans, and I'll most likely be 100% happy with some other game that hasn't had it's foundations shaken by "innovative, new ideas meant to increase it's fun". I gladly would say screw the sticker system for a better online. Half the kids who play SSE have no idea wtf each sticker does, except it enhances leg attacks. (While they're confused as to what's considered leg attacks >_> )

I hope Starcraft and SF4 aren't as much as a dissapointment as Brawl was.
Don't get me wrong, though certain aspects of Brawl disappoint me I still love it. I agree with you, tripping is the most rediculous thing ever to be added to a fighting game. Yeah the stickers were utterly useless and if you actually needed them to beat SSE then... well you're quite a special person. BTW, as for the Starcraft comment... Red Alert 3 ftw! :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It does. If you want a game to be more towards casuals, your obviously not going to add techs and stuff that only competitive people would be able to do/want to try.

A more simple game is a game that is less challenging to pull of things which are going to help you. There are very little good AT's in brawl. There all mostly easy to pull of and aren't very good in the 1st place.

and like Dark Sonic said, you can't deny the truth. At the moment brawl is not as advanced as melee and is in fact "dumbed down" when you compare the to.

Top Bottom