• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sakurai direct the next Smash? OMG READ PLZ ;)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Warning: Wall-of-Text. Please pass on bye if you're incapable of reading more than a sentence.

Hey everyone! First of all, this is smash boards... with that said, despite our attempts in limiting spam, re-posting, and pointless Melee vs Brawl arguments it seems we're continually fighting an uphill battle. With that said, sorry if this topic has been gone over multiple times.

I've read a fair amount regarding Sakurai... the interviews between he and Iwata for example, and other such things of that nature. At first I was a bit skeptical of Sakurai making the game, but my worries were put to rest once I realized how dedicated and on-the-ball he really was with the development of this game. I loved for example how he was having all sorts of composers compose music just for the game-- epic. Eventually Brawl came out, and Sakurai didn't disappoint. However, maybe I was just so excited with the release of Brawl that I was ignorant to many of the more notable game flaws.

One of the primary flaws of the game is that the game is full of "fluff" or extra stuff. Many of these extra-features are actually somewhat pointless, bland, and otherwise unappealing to most players who will buy Brawl. Only the select die-hard fan boys will "take advantage" of all of the extra content. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a smash fan boy at heart, yet even I could care less for a majority of the features this game provided. One of my questions is... why is any of this extra stuff necessary? With all of the delays this game faced-- I'd hate to think that they delayed it in part due to the fact that they were adding this fluff as opposed to taking the time to add more characters.

The funny thing is that for a game that could have offered so MUCH it fell short in all of the obvious areas. Here are some things that catch my attention and I'd like to bring to yours.

• Sakurai actually wanted to do away with the competitive scene-- lessening the gap between skilled players and new combers by removing things such as L Canceling and Wave-dashing... etc. Also, thanks to the lack of hit stun time many characters have very few "true" combos. Some people may not care about L Canceling and Wave-dashing, but it undoubtedly placed each character on a more level playing field as they had more approaches and could cancel laggy attacks-- Link's d-air could be a "safe" effective kill move as opposed to the ultimate lag luster if only the landing lag could be canceled.

• Single player Emissary mode was an EPIC fail. The only thing I liked about it is that I got to see some of my favorite characters during the cinematic clips. Though, cinematics are hardly enough to save this single player experience. Sure this mode merits the option to play cooperatively-- but is is worth it? I found it to be an utterly mindless dreadful experience. As the entire mode really felt more as a chore than an entertaining experience-- especially the end maze. God I hated that.

• Why does Nintendo have to do things differently from everyone else? They negated the thought of online play for the longest time backing their schemes such as "connectivity." Yeah... great. We are living in a time where online gaming is more popular than ever, and it's only going to grow in popularity. Why then must we endure an online world that more or less mirrors that of the potential online scene of many many years ago? I mean... this is the year 2008, for many of us online gaming is far from new. Why then is Nintendo still so behind? There's no means of communication in Brawl--- the taunt bubbles don't even count. Online gameplay in general sucks, is sometimes laggy, and has a fairly noticeable button delay. Now I don't own the other systems (360 / PS3) as such, I assumed it was like this for all online games of the console genre. Though, I recently played the new Soul Caliber online at my friends house via his 360. I was shocked at how incredibly smooth it is-- with no button delay. Why is a game that has far more going on technologically, a game that boast a more powerful physics, graphics and whatever engine far more smooth even online than my far more simple Brawl? As an addendum, I have a Call of Duty game for the Wii, and you can log into your EA account and join servers far more seamlessly and laglessly than Brawl's online experience. Oh yeah, and it supports an online ranking system. Though again, thanks to Nintendo there's no option whatsoever for a microphone. --- Everything about their online choices blows in my opinion-- me being an avid online gamer.

What gets me is the fact that Nintendo, a company that consistently stands behind its policy of tending to people of every age (even your grandparents) systematically parental locks their games from their mature audiences-- safe guarding them from the dreadful harm of online communication, and other such obvious online necessities. Seeing as how it's marketed to all audiences, even older, shouldn't online communication, and parental controls be in the user's hand, and not the developers? What is Nintendo protecting their mature audiences from? I've been playing online games since I was 10 or so... and I've yet to see what's so harmful-- unless you consider taunting and making fun of your enemy dreadfully harmful.

•There's no point to stickers, as if even you wanted to use them as they are supposed to be; Emissary mode power ups, what's the point? The mode is far to easy through and through, and the thought of playing it through again, or spending time with stickers is just entirely necessary. I mean, you couldn't pay me enough to play though that mode again.

•OMG they added a map editor... This is actually something that I've only dreamed of.. then suddenly months later they revealed it as an update on the site and I was ecstatic. Though, for some odd reason they presented a mode that could have been amazing, and instead settled for... meh... passable. I've made dozens of maps that I consider to be quite decent, but even still they're all so limited. What are the flaws? Well, the backgrounds are fairly limited... the tools are fairly limited... everything about this mode screams limited. Most platforms, and flooring can't be grabbed onto. In fact, the only grab-able edges are that of blocks-- no matter the size. This is incredibly limiting. Not to mention this mode is full of odd glitches, if you haven't seen them look them up on youtube. Another hindering thing is the fact that the objects they've given you to use in the maps are almost unusable. Say some object takes up 4 squares, it instead has squares outside of those 4 taking up a ton of space, making it impossible to place objects close to each other as they require room around them for some unknown reason. Why is that though? It's so stupid. Wait-- did I mention you can't play your user-created map online?? Simply rediculous.

•Character differentiation: I do agree that the characters are more... well the clones are really clones now. I do appreciate that... I still think certain obvious things should have been done. For example, why isn't Gannondorf (sp?) his own character? I mean, he's definately a character deserving of his own entirely unique move-set. It's not like he's a small time character... I don't understand why they've thrown him aside like that. He flaunts a sword.. why can't he use it. Why can't he use his dark energy? Sigh... I also don't think it'd have been that difficult to pull other characters like knuckles or tails into the game seeing as how they went through the trouble of getting the licensing for Sonic. Again, this is perhaps an entirely different argument all together.

•Replays!! I was so excited about this! Now this one is completely beyond me. I simply can't fathom why they have done this. Why would they make a replay feature that can only record 3 minutes? Shouldn't it be dependent on the Wii's remaining memory, a USB stick, or the game cube memory card??? That would make sense to me. Most of the most intense matches last more than 3 minutes... heck, maybe even 3mins and 1 sec. That's still too long.

I could go on and on... the list is near never-ending. After all is said and done, all that Sakurai has instilled in Brawl, would you want him to have a major roll in making the next one? At this point, I feel that he's far too noob-friendly, far too mainstream and casual for the likes of most gamers--especially smash fans. With that said, he made many good choices, and many foolish ones with Brawl... I'd like to see another take on the series, maybe they could increase the technicality a bit, somehow deepening the competitive scene. Let's face it... Most casual gamers don't even have Brawl, they're far to busy with Wii-Sports. Oh boy right?

Anyways... what are your thoughts on the multiple matters I brought up? Do you think Sakurui should have much to do with the next game? What do you think of his Brawl efforts...? What else do you feel sucks or is awesome about Brawl?

Again, sorry for the novel.

edit*
• ! omg I forgot about tripping! Yeah, that's absolutely the worst thing ever! So pointless.
• I also hate how Emissary mode lacks a decent storyline. I hate how the characters don't talk... ok fine so if they don't talk.... at least have some on screen text. I think if Nintendo used text they'd realize how behind they are.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
...I liked all those "fluff" features and the Subspace Emissary. They made single-player mode (since SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY fancies herself too grown-up to play video games) decent.

But I suppose 1-player mode smashers don't exist, do they? *vanishes in puff of smoke*

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Im dissapointed with How Music and Custom Stages were incorporated.

Music needed more, I should've been able to mix and match whatever I want.

Custom stages should be able to atleast have 2 alternating songs in them or something >.> I mean come on!!!

The lack of environment in custom stages was terrible.

Honestly SSE was Poor, the story was perfect, for any game other than smash (and not really nintendo) It could work as a Kirby, Mario,Starfox and maybe even a Zelda game (but Ganondorf aint losing to that mofo tabuu) it doesn't work for Falcon and the rest.

Why not give us epic fights against our favourite characters and bosses?
Ridley was good, why not that? Why did we not have Doom Dragon kicking our *****? And Majora dropping moons on us?

Honestly SSE is poor to me, not just because of it's gameplay, I mean what could ya do.
But the **** story that while is good in it's own right, very unfitting for it's characters, and the lack of ...mixing it up for the heroes sucked.

Where was my Epic Link vs Ganon duel for SSE? or Mario vs Eggman.
The atmosphere was all wrong.
Don't get me wrong I loved how Tabuu and masterhand have a connection...but the connection between the characters wasn't there T_T.

Also....

My poor music and stage builder.

I don't want Sakurai back, he goes in bold directions in some areas and I like that, but once he goes in that direction, he lacks polish.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Im dissapointed with How Music and Custom Stages were incorporated.

Music needed more, I should've been able to mix and match whatever I want.

Custom stages should be able to atleast have 2 alternating songs in them or something >.> I mean come on!!!

The lack of environment in custom stages was terrible.

Honestly SSE was Poor, the story was perfect, for any game other than smash (and not really nintendo) It could work as a Kirby, Mario,Starfox and maybe even a Zelda game (but Ganondorf aint losing to that mofo tabuu) it doesn't work for Falcon and the rest.

Why not give us epic fights against our favourite characters and bosses?
Ridley was good, why not that? Why did we not have Doom Dragon kicking our *****? And Majora dropping moons on us?

Honestly SSE is poor to me, not just because of it's gameplay, I mean what could ya do.
But the **** story that while is good in it's own right, very unfitting for it's characters, and the lack of ...mixing it up for the heroes sucked.

Where was my Epic Link vs Ganon duel for SSE? or Mario vs Eggman.
The atmosphere was all wrong.
Don't get me wrong I loved how Tabuu and masterhand have a connection...but the connection between the characters wasn't there T_T.

Also....

My poor music and stage builder.

I don't want Sakurai back, he goes in bold directions in some areas and I like that, but once he goes in that direction, he lacks polish.
Yeah, I agree with much of what you say. There could be more flexibility in designing stages. Even with something as simple as music. Heck, it's not like we don't have the technology to import our own songs so it'd be cool if we could have done that for our own maps. You're right the SSE had no depth at all... it was an utter lackluster.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
It had depth, but it's depth doesn't work with brawl at all.

Had SSE been for another game, without Nintendo characters at all it could've worked, just add some Dialogue to whats going on in the world and Boom it works perfectly.

But for Super Smash bros, you want that connection with these characters, and you can't get that from SSE as such whether it was there or whether it wasn't matters not as they both leave you empty.
The only things really in SSE were Samus vs Ridley and Falcon Punch, oh and Mario riding Yoshi.
Nothing else came out that you could really connect with, Sonic smashing the Wings? What!?

That should've been some Loner character with Dark hair who was the main characters Rival, Finally showing up or something!

Don't get me wrong at all, SSE's story isn't bad, but it's bad for the atmosphere this game should be giving off.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
It had depth, but it's depth doesn't work with brawl at all.

Had SSE been for another game, without Nintendo characters at all it could've worked, just add some Dialogue to whats going on in the world and Boom it works perfectly.

But for Super Smash bros, you want that connection with these characters, and you can't get that from SSE as such whether it was there or whether it wasn't matters not as they both leave you empty.
The only things really in SSE were Samus vs Ridley and Falcon Punch, oh and Mario riding Yoshi.
Nothing else came out that you could really connect with, Sonic smashing the Wings? What!?

That should've been some Loner character with Dark hair who was the main characters Rival, Finally showing up or something!

Don't get me wrong at all, SSE's story isn't bad, but it's bad for the atmosphere this game should be giving off.

yeah good points--- I agree.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
But I suppose 1-player mode smashers don't exist, do they?
I'm one of them, the SSE is adictive to me. I mostly play training mode though, it's much better in this game.

And yes, Sakurai should direct the next Smash Bros, it wouldn't have that Smash Bros. charm with out him.

I do feel that this is a complaning thread though. =/

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Yes. Sakurai has never dissapointed ME and i enjoyed every aspect of Brawl (except for maybe tripping, but i get used to it.)

Edit: While the SSE was good for me, i do want some more things in it rather than just created bosses like Lionheart said. I would have loved to see a Fire Emblem boss or a Zelda one, but overall it was good for me.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't hate Sakurai but I don't like him either. If he can do his job right next game then let him.

Tripping is gay... there should be a switch to enable/disable tripping if it is even in the game at all. I could see where tripping would *laughs* "add" to the party aspect of the game but it takes away from everything else.

The Subspace Emissary needs real Nintendo bosses!!! Not Duon, Galleom, and Tabuu!

Yeah Poke'mon got a boss... anyone could see that one coming.
Mario got a boss... again same thing.

Earthbound got a boss... surprising considering its low popularity (when other series were neglected).

Metroid got a boss (who didn't see Ridley coming?) Actually... Metroid got 2 BOSSES!!

Where is Fire Emblem's boss? Does a series with 10 games and many great potential bosses not deserve a boss? Imagine how epic a fight with Ike and Marth vs. The Black Knight or Ashnard would be!

What about LoZ... its one of Nintendo's "fave 5" isn't it? They could have given Ganondorf an extended villain role and made a seperate version of him for a boss fight...

Star Fox suffered the same fate as LoZ. Why didn't Starfox get a boss? Andross had pretty good potential to be something other than an assist trophy.

King K Rool could have been a good Donkey Kong boss (but for some reason, they run into Rayquaza instead.)

Lets not forget the epic 1v1 between Captain Falcon and Black Shadow.

Yeah this would have made SSE longer, but if it weren't half-*****, then that would be a good thing.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I liked the SSE. I thought it was awesome. Voiceovers or subtitles woulda been nice, but I think otherwise, SSE is great, it's a nice little distraction from "competitive play," if you will. I honestly don't see how bad SSE is, even though it gets a number of complaints.

Events rock... I don't know, I really like Brawl's 1 player mode in general... it's something that Sakurai and the team really took their time on. Even when (if) you do everything, there's still stuff to do such as beating your previous records, etc...

Stage builder is pretty **** lame for what its worth. And Tripping sux.

The Music is frikin incredible.

Viper brings up an interesting point... would it even be Smash without Sakurai? Would Mario, Zelda, and Samus be who they are without Miyamoto? Is Sonic really Sonic without Yuji Naka? These are the things you gotta question... when a series gets a brand new director, chances are it goes for the worse. The guy who did the orginal Tomb Raider didn't do 2, 3 or the rest of them, and you see how that turned out. Luckily for Lara, whoever's doing the Tomb Raider series smoothed out the rough edges to at least make decent games. (TR1 will still rock the house though)

The same goes for Sonic. Many consider Sonic Adventure to be the last great Sonic game. What a coincidence, Yuji Naka, the man behind Sonic since Sonic 1, left Sonic Team after doing Sonic Adventure... and we see how that turned out. I myself as a Sonic fan is feeling the reprecussions of that move.

Beside, who the hell else at Nintendo can direct Smash? No one at Nintendo has any experience doing fighting games, much less directing Smash. The last non-Smash fighting game was what? Killer Instinct Gold? And that was done by Rare as a matter of fact.

So if Sakurai doesn't do Smash 4, then Capcom better be doing it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Beside, who the hell else at Nintendo can direct Smash? No one at Nintendo has any experience doing fighting games, much less directing Smash. The last non-Smash fighting game was what? Killer Instinct Gold? And that was done by Rare as a matter of fact.

So if Sakurai doesn't do Smash 4, then Capcom better be doing it.
Really?! Can this be true?

Could Namco handle it, maybe?

You're right, throwing Sakurai out after everything he's given us, just for a little bit of tripping, is kinda weird.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm a "Sakurai hater". The game had so much more potetional. While the game is perfectly good in it's own right, if you take out the unecessary things and add more characters/stages/stage builder options/online options in their place, you'd have a superior game. I don't feel in the mood to elaborate atm. Tripping is also the most idioitic "new feature" to ever be put in smash, or any fighter really. It's apparantely "realistic".

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm a "Sakurai hater". The game had so much more potetional. While the game is perfectly good in it's own right, if you take out the unecessary things and add more characters/stages/stage builder options/online options in their place, you'd have a superior game. I don't feel in the mood to elaborate atm. Tripping is also the most idioitic thing to ever put in a game. It's apparantely "realistic".
Well, of course more things would be nice. But you know they were running on a tight schedule, what with the delays and all. Sakurai's not talking about all the stuff he couldn't fit in.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
He should'nt have made the online play so fail. Can't see each others names in with anyone, a lot of error codes that aren't listed in the booklet, dont even know why the hell you got d/c'd. Dont know if they said no to you joining or if your connection failed, don't know if someone deleted you, can't add people from with anyone, friend list is disorganized, only 64 friends? Come on, way more then that plawks.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
No... I have nothing against Sakurai, but I think Smash could benefit from another director with different opinions.

In the same way musicians don't tend to stay with producers for more than 2 albums to go with a newer sound, Smash could benefit from someone else.

Sakurai could return for Smash 6.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Does he even knows what Smash is/or respect it as a solid competitive fighter?
I remember someone saying that Sirlin believes that competitive Smash should be played with items... take that as you wish.

But still, if not Sakurai, then who? Who?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oh dear God NO.

Get Sirlin to make it XD

who the hell is Sirlin?

anyway, I agree somewhat with what "people" think Sakurai did wrong, I don't hate Sakurai, I just hate how he developed Brawl, sure, Brawl could have potentially been the best Smash game ever, but seeing him delaying Brawl just to add these "fluffy" features and laggy online makes me wonder if he even wanted Brawl to be a multiplayer game, obviously not.

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
Contrary to what others think I very much would have liked a Melee 2.0. With Improved graphics, Brawl's roster (plus the forbidden seven), A good stage builder and replay saver, Melee's engine, and Really good Wifi (like Xbox live). Heck I would pay $150 for that.:)

But no... Sakurai=fail.:(

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman
No he shouldnt
Nintendo-We can't have Brawl with a good story mode oh good no Nintendo must stay in the past. We strive to annoy are buyers as much as possible. Like for example giving them a controller that looks like a d***** that is fun for 5 minutes and then gets boring. We also enforce "craptastic online technology" with this new technology online is as frustrating as possible full of lags and friend codes.This helps to ensure gamers are disconnected from the opponents as possible. Nintendo has also put in a revolutionary Sd card system this ensures that gamers have a abundance of sd cards that are easy to lose. We also enforce "craptastic controls" This allows gamers to be frustrated as possible from the wii remote controls. With all these new innovation we believe the wii is a system that will frustrate gamers as much as possible

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he should... co-direct?
;/ Just so the next game doesn't go off track.

But I actually think he's done a fine job. Maybe if he had the time to make the next game better ...

kr3wman

Smash Master
I remember someone saying that Sirlin believes that competitive Smash should be played with items... take that as you wish.

But still, if not Sakurai, then who? Who?
Ooooh looord.

No way to give it to Sirlin then.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Melee was an amazing game because the development was focused on quality over quantity. We got a bunch of great new gameplay elements like dodging, short hopping, better DI, faster pace and much more. The new stuff like trophies and single player modes were only a bonus to the amazing new gameplay additions.

In Brawl, Sakurai focused on quantity over quality. Lots of new crap like Stage builder, stickers, and subspace Emissary, but very little in the way of substantive gameplay innovations.

If Sakurai plans to design another Smash game with the utter lack of innovation with which that he designed Brawl, then he should be relegated to a minor supervision role rather than the role of director.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
No, he shouldn't direct the next smash. I remember that in one interview relating to his involvement in the game, he said that he would direct the game if nintendo gave him complete liberty on it's development, and we got a game that didn't live up to it's hype, unlike melee.

IMO, the game could have been a lot more if sakurai didn't focused so much on 258 songs and a lot of pointless stuff ( stickers, masterpieces, the vault in general, pointless fanservice etc) and focused more on the important stuff(the gameplay, better online, a GOOD one player mode, better custom stages. etc).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
IMO, the game could have been a lot more if sakurai didn't focused so much on 258 songs and a lot of pointless stuff ( stickers, masterpieces, the vault in general, pointless fanservice etc) and focused more on the important stuff(the gameplay, online, a GOOD one player mode, custom stages. etc).
Did Sakurai compose all the songs? Do you think it takes more work to plug in simple little images and short demos than it does to actually work on the fighting elements?

AlexX

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who actually *ENJOYED* SSE?

The story was neat, it flowed together well (and no, dialogue would NOT have helped anything, as most of the cast is mute), the sticker stat stuff was a neat addition, the bosses were epic, and lastly, you only had to go through once to unlock everything from it. In Melee you had to go through Adventure mode 25 times to get everything it had to offer.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Did Sakurai compose all the songs? Do you think it takes more work to plug in simple little images and short demos than it does to actually work on the fighting elements?
No, but it takes time to get the permission and the rights to use those in the game, funds are wasted in the bands that compose those songs etc.

I don't hate sakurai or anything, I enjoy brawl both casually and competitively, but I still haave the firm belief that he should not direct the next smash game, unless other nintendo developers are with him, because the rest of nintendo were the ones that kept sakurai from making the past smash games into a complete style over substance LOL SO RANDUM XD games.

AlexX

Smash Ace
No, but it takes a LOT of time to get the permission and the rights to use those in the game, funds are wasted in the bands that compose those songs etc.
Since when is a great soundtrack a bad thing in a game?

And everything but the Metal Gear and Sonic stuff are owned by Nintendo, so I highly doubt getting the rights to use them was any sort of issue.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But I suppose 1-player mode smashers don't exist, do they?
They're few and far between, but they aren't nonexistent. I'm one of them, and I personally hate how Nintendo's entire attitude of Nintendo (Smash Bros, the WiiSpeak, etc.) is directed towards multiple players. They're always talking about how great it is that it's for multiple people and stuff, yet more solitary people are left out. Irony, right? Solitary people feeling even more left out. I have a mind to send an angry letter into Nintendo Power about that. How much you want to bet that they'll publish all of those "My grandfather plays video games now!" letters but they wouldn't bother to publish a letter about someone who feels left out by their new direction?

On-topic...

I do not want Sakurai directing the next Smash. But, for that matter, I don't know who would be any better. Even if someone were a good developer, Nintendo's whole concept of things these days is to make them more casual. I don't think it matters if it's Sakurai or someone else, I think it'll still be dumbed-down and casual.
If we can get someone that won't screw over characters undeservedly and won't be stupid and not give Ganon a creative moveset like he deserved to get two games ago. How do you make Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon?!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I don't hate sakurai or anything, I enjoy brawl both casually and competitively, but I still haave the firm belief that he should not direct the next smash game, unless other nintendo developers are with him, because the rest of nintendo were the ones that kept sakurai from making the past smash games into a complete style over substance LOL SO RANDUM XD games.
Except, he clearly lead the direction of all three Smash games and had the rest of Nintendo to help him do it.

Know what the problem is? Everyone here is looking at Brawl from a competitive standpoint, which it will be because this is SWF. However, Brawl is an all-round great game, especially if you consider what it was meant for, how the general, casual audience praises it, and how it basically accomplishes Sakurai's vision of what kind of game he wanted Brawl to be.

I still want to know who else in Nintendo could possibly do a new Smash, complete with hitstun, ATs, a physics engine that competitive players will like, etc.

And no, AlexX, you were not the only one who enjoyed the SSE.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I feel he definitely should. Sakurai's got his head on straight, despite some things he may have done "wrong"

Tripping only occurs like once a match for me, and I have NEVER died from it, so it doesn't really bother me. Meh.

I think Sakurai, as he even admitted, had alot of ideas for the online, that he couldn't incorporate, I believe he said because of something Nintendo laid down.

He obviously had lots of character ideas, wanting to add Dixie Kong in with Diddy, as much as I like Diddy on his own, I'd like to see how Sakurai could work that.

Sakurai seems to be the last person designing Nintendo games who gives a ****ing crap about my series (Donkey Kong, obviously :) ) and if he doesn't keep making these games, DK will go the way of F-Zero and Starfox. Gone.

I say he should keep making these, despite what most of you think Brawl is a ****ing solid game, and lets not forget, we owe Sakurai SOME shred of respect anyway, because without him, we would not be here today, talking about this game.

Seriously.

Oh, and count me as another one who loved SSE. I've played through it 4 times and counting! cut scenes ftw! (And seriously, the stages with Marth, Meta and Ike are da bomb)

Puffs

Smash Ace
We need someone who understands the heart of the concept: Nintendo fanservice (with guests Snake and Sonic).

Three games into the series, and they're still just scratching the surface. Sure, you have stuff like Luigi's Mansion as a stage and all the NES nostalgia in the music. But they don't seem to stray from "most people will have at least heard of it" content. Where's Vaati, or Lakilester, or Miror B?

Top Bottom