• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Holy **** where has this thread gone in my absence for the past few hours? :laugh:

Let maNgO post his opinions. He is entitled to them, and its not as if he is presenting an argument. He also got m2k to post... something. :laugh:

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I supported wobbling too. It just needs a ban on stalling. Doesnt change the fact that the Melee community pissed and moaned about it.

If Brawl were so easy to be good at, we wouldnt have the same people winning tourneys all the time. Easier than Melee? sure. so is like every other fighting game, ever. This is bad?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
i actually support wobbling and allowed it at my tourney

and i was gonna go 2 apex but its on brandons bday

and what are u talking about

playing a game that everyone can be good at

Congrats at being good at a game everyone else is

PLAY MELEE SON!
So everyone does not have the ability to be as good as you?
If I practiced as much as you, had the same access to events as you and so on and so forth.
can you argue that I would not be of similar level?
Not exactly teh same but of similar level?

the next smash better be the perfect mixture of SSB64, Melee (mostly Melee), and Brawl

edit - One time in 2007 Chu stalled a match to 999% wobbling my marth with ICs

i lost 2 matches by wobbling to 999% while BOTH matches I hadn't lost a stock

wobbling ACTUALLY Should be banned

.... at least used to stall like that -.-

just smash them at 200
I thought the stalling limit was lowered to at most 300%.
Seems stupid if they allow it to go that far.

@thrilla: I know and I am hoping to make him discuss it seriously. It would be interesting.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would love to see Mango play Brawl just so that he can beast it with Falcon!

Oh no wait... nah nobody can be good with him... -Oh well they can, but doesn't mean they will do good.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
the next smash better be the perfect mixture of SSB64, Melee (mostly Melee), and Brawl

edit - One time in 2007 Chu stalled a match to 999% wobbling my marth with ICs

i lost 2 matches by wobbling to 999% while BOTH matches I hadn't lost a stock

wobbling ACTUALLY Should be banned

.... at least used to stall like that -.-

just smash them at 200
Technically, the rule is end it before 300%, although that may just be Brawl.

I actually think it should be earlier, since 200% is more than enough to KO in Melee.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
MK is too hard...QQ i dont wanna fight moar mks, ban him please.

No.

Playing competitively is playing to win. If you think a character is better than the one you're playing, stop crying and throwing a fit and change mains. You're not cool for trying to play a character that you 'like' to play. That's what friendlies and smash fests are for.

Also, MK is indeed the best character, but not ban-worthy broken. Learn your character's weaknesses and learn to adapt to play-styles while being able to change yours so you don't get predicted.

Don't get hit.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
MK is too hard...QQ i dont wanna fight moar mks, ban him please.

No.

Playing competitively is playing to win. If you think a character is better than the one you're playing, stop crying and throwing a fit and change mains. You're not cool for trying to play a character that you 'like' to play. That's what friendlies and smash fests are for.

Also, MK is indeed the best character, but not ban-worthy broken. Learn your character's weaknesses and learn to adapt to play-styles while being able to change yours so you don't get predicted.

Don't get hit.
ok I'll change mains to whoever has the best match up against him... I guess I'll main meta knight also.

more Mk's will definitely slove the mk problem.

the ban is not because he is too good per say but it is because he destroys diversity. read some posts and you'd find that out

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
To be honest, I'm not Mango's biggest fan and I was having fun reeming him out for acting like a troll. I didn't really realize how bad it was getting.

So uh... my bad on that one, sorry.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Man for all of this, you guys should play a game that does not have metaknight. Hmm.......

Say Marv, wanna play melee?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
im quitting brawl if MK is banned

u cowardly noobs
Okay, it was nice knowing you...

...Wait, who the **** are you?

Yeah, I don't think anybody would really care who quits Brawl, because frankly, people do it all the time, what makes you so special?

If you're a MK main, that does not count as an excuse.

P.S. you can get good fast, doesn't mean you still won't suck compared to other people around you... that's what tourneys are for! ^_^

Tony_

Smash Ace
Every game has whiners and noobs when the community is large.
Except that Brawl has way too many average players complaining about MK and how much he "dominates" the tournaments. They just don't want to play around him and want him banned for their benefit. Seriously, the number of whiners actually outnumber the good players by quite a bit.

They are whining about whiners.

Oh snaps.
That should tell people something about Brawl.

wait so i was right at some points?

Not to ride **** or anything, but yeah. If you were trolling (which I took it as you weren't), you pretty much ***** this topic.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I said no. While I do think MK is ungodly broken, I think he's not so difficult that he can't be beat. MK has strengths and weaknesses, just like any other character. And the simple fact of playing against MK is that you need to exploit them, just like in any other matchup. Get over yourselves, MK is not a boss.
Lol he has no true weaknesses. His weight and lack of projecgtiles are his only one. His weight doesn't really count because his recovery is so extremely good that he is still hard to kill, and his lack of projectiles isn't really a bother either since he can approach so easilly.

Seriously a character with only good matchups that is good on every stage has no weaknesses. I still think that he should not be banned though or maybe a temporary so that the metagame might evolve a bit.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ampharos

About Solitaire.

Solitaire is made up of a completely random deck. There are 52^52 completely different games possible. His point one talks about random being a major factor. The ability to even complete a game is random. There are several 'sets' of games that are not possible to complete with any string of decisions you make. Solitaire with all red 2s and 3s as the face up card, and the first card of every draw being a red 4/5 has a 100:0 match up with me :(

Plus, lol, I speed run MS Solitaire, it's my Sudoku. I just broke my old record by 8 seconds just now. 8275 (92 seconds) woot.

Also ban Meta Knight, he wins too many majors, pisses off mango, makes mew2king contemplate not competing (woohoo for Ninjalink and Atomsk winning all zah majors), increases how awesome my campy tactics are with Falco; which characters like Marth, Wario or EVEN NESS can't get past. etc etc etc.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
the game should NOT have to come down to counterpicks

certain things like falco vs DDD (falco vs a LOT of chars) or DDD vs DK/Bowser are just unfair and the metagame evolving like that is the worst thing that could happen
That's besides the point––whether or not something should be happening a certain way has no bearing on whether or not it is happening a certain way.

Suspect

Smash Hero
bye your logic mk must stay in the game as if he was sent down from some devine being to keep all other characters in check.

sounds like broke to me

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Except that Brawl has way too many average players complaining about MK and how much he "dominates" the tournaments. They just don't want to play around him and want him banned for their benefit. Seriously, the number of whiners actually outnumber the good players by quite a bit.
Well duh. Look at Brawl's sales. Then look at the sales of every other fighting game.

Nic64

Smash Lord
NO WHAT PEOPLE DO IN THE BRAWL COMMUNITY

WHEN WERE LOSING TO ONE CHARACTER?

we pick metaknight
And then lose to Sonic.

As long as Mango doesn't drop the soap, he should be fine.

...*sigh* How do I make it so that I won't get infracted for this post?

Mango is right, going aggressive against MK is pretty bad, even when it's not reckless, but is being on the defensive much/(any?) better?
Approaching puts you at a disadvantage in brawl more often than not, even for Meta Knight. Hence why most good characters in Brawl are defensive juggernauts that are hard as hell to safely get near(MK being no exception, I think a turtling MK is more dangerous than an extremely aggressive one).

the reason I like metaknight is because he is a DEEP character
:laugh:

......:laugh:
uh, he is, half the reason he is considered ban worthy by some is that he has by far the greatest depth of useable options in the game, but you probably already knew that and that's why you didn't seriously debate it, no?

Lol he has no true weaknesses
light weight, lack of projectile, one of the worst horizontal aerial movements in the game, grab releases, attacks can't cancel other attacks, doesn't kill all that early unless his opponent does something stupid usually, low damaging attacks, many of which are multihit(light characters can SDI out of them pretty easily), do you people even think about what you're typing? yes he is the best character by a fair margin, that doesn't mean omg he has no traits that can't be used to his opponents advantage.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I noticed Akuma talk in this thread.

When Evo banned HD Remix Akuma, there was a thread on SRK's HD Remix board showing massive disagreement over the decision.

Yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom