• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieguest

Smash Master
assuming an assumption

This statement assumes that people who CAN beat MK, automatically dont believe hes broken anymore. This is not true. I personally can beat good Mks, but I still believe that he is too over powered to be in tourney play.
And this is where the life long lesson of "don't make assumptions" comes into play:
You're assuming that's what my statment assuming. And I wasn't really going for that: foul ball.

Anyway, I don't believe Mk is too overpowered for tourney play, as I said and many others have said, Mk is beatable, if people would develop their characters, try something new then they can get solid on Mk, just because Mk's moveset and aggressively defensive attacks make him hard to fight, every character has their weak moment. take time to develop and apply.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Metagames are bent towards beating MK because MK is the best character.

Brawl is all about match-ups. MK is the best character. Therefore, if you want to be successful, you need to know the MK match-up. With MK banned, the metagame would, logically, shift mainly towards beating Snake, since he's now the best.

It doesn't mean he's restricting their metagame at all. If anything, he's helping by providing a higher standard to measure against.

A temp ban won't do anything, and I'm kind of getting tired of saying it. We'll just twiddle our thumbs for a year with our new, MK-less community, and then when we decide to revisit, we'll be right back at square one, having gained absolutely no relevant knowledge that we couldn't have already figured out.

And for the love of all that is holy, Falcon and Saget, please stop bickering like an old married couple. Every time I try to catch up on this thread I have to sort through three pages of your nonsense. If you don't like each other so much, stop talking. It's not hard.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
And this is where the life long lesson of "don't make assumptions" comes into play:
You're assuming that's what my statment assuming. And I wasn't really going for that: foul ball.

Anyway, I don't believe Mk is too overpowered for tourney play, as I said and many others have said, Mk is beatable, if people would develop their characters, try something new then they can get solid on Mk, just because Mk's moveset and aggressively defensive attacks make him hard to fight, every character has their weak moment. take time to develop and apply.
This really to me sounds like:
"If you get better, youll be able to beat MK, and after that, you wont want to ban him anymore"

If what im gathering from this statement is incorrect let me know, but if it isnt than I stand by what I said in the first part of my last post

Sieguest

Smash Master
This really to me sounds like:
"If you get better, youll be able to beat MK, and after that, you wont want to ban him anymore"

If what im gathering from this statement is incorrect let me know, but if it isnt than I stand by what I said in the first part of my last post
I do see how it sounds like that, but that's not what I'm talking about. Even if people do get better they may still want to ban Mk. What I reaching for is that, in order to clear up the metagame gap, instead of people completely focusing on beating Mk, they can just better themselves by experimenting more and more with their main. It's not guranteed that you'll be able to beat Mk every single time, and people may still want to ban him, but you couldn't necessarily call MK "broken" if your character's metagame begins to rise on par. get it? I'm not talking about his bansishment, but about his "brokeness" which is a factor in his banishment

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
There are many characters who have metagames at the level of MK, and several who's metagames are probably even further developed than MK's, possibly as a direct result of having to face MK. Diddy and Snake come to mind.

That doesn't mean they're now as unstoppable as he is. It just means that they're as developed, within their specific capabilities. But their capabilities aren't as good on such a basic level as MK's are.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Metagames are bent towards beating MK because MK is the best character.

Brawl is all about match-ups. MK is the best character. Therefore, if you want to be successful, you need to know the MK match-up. With MK banned, the metagame would, logically, shift mainly towards beating Snake, since he's now the best.
The situation is not the same though because, unlike Metaknight, it is widely agreed that Snake has legitimate character and stage counters and a fair amount of characters that run about even with him. With this being said, Snake and Metaknight aren't in the same boat and it has been shown that he doesn't give people nearly as many problems as Metaknight does. Like someone else said, the domino effect doesn't truly apply to this situation.

Add in: I'm not on either side this time around because I'm not convinced that things would even change even if there was a huge push to have him banned, which, truth be told, there really isn't now. With each passing poll, less and less people support banning him so it goes to show...

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The situation is not the same though because, unlike Metaknight, it is widely agreed that Snake has legitimate character and stage counters and a fair amount of characters that run about even with him. With this being said, Snake and Metaknight aren't in the same boat and it has been shown that he doesn't give people nearly as many problems as Metaknight does. Like someone else said, the domino effect doesn't truly apply to this situation.

Add in: I'm not on either side this time around because I'm not convinced that things would even change even if there was a huge push to have him banned, which, truth be told, there really isn't now. With each passing poll, less and less people support banning him so it goes to show...
To be perfectly blunt, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

You're arguing that old "If MK is banned, Snake is next" argument. Which isn't what I'm saying.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
But when we become so good that our character can go head to head with MKs and give them a hard match, that says something about how much player skill is worth in a matchup. Matchup numbers never should actually apply, simply because they merely list advantages on paper. It is strictly statistical. If people stopped accepting matchup numbers as the ceiling, they'd go above and beyond. Matchup numbers only apply now BECAUSE everyone accepts the numbers as the ceiling, and don't practice to break that ceiling. Therefore, the player skill is not factored in, as it is considered a constant.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The amount of skill we put into our characters is about equal to 1/8th of the skill put into MK. His broken moves are that good lol.
The amount of effort put into a character is not the point. According to competitive standards, what matters is if the character can shut down the metagame for a good percentage of the cast or not. The character could be retardedly hard to use but still have moves that kill in one hit thus putting him into consideration for a ban.

Woah... typing that just gave me a flashback of Yuna. Despite hating his guts about half the time, I kind of miss that guy. :laugh:

@ Pure Awesome:

What were you arguing then?

.AC.

Smash Lord
The amount of skill we put into our characters is about equal to 1/8th of the skill put into MK. His broken moves are that good lol.
where did you get that information from and can you back it up?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
But when we become so good that our character can go head to head with MKs and give them a hard match, that says something about how much player skill is worth in a matchup. Matchup numbers never should actually apply, simply because they merely list advantages on paper. It is strictly statistical. If people stopped accepting matchup numbers as the ceiling, they'd go above and beyond. Matchup numbers only apply now BECAUSE everyone accepts the numbers as the ceiling, and don't practice to break that ceiling. Therefore, the player skill is not factored in, as it is considered a constant.
This isn't the Matrix.

A high level Ganondorf is going to have to drastically outplay a high level Falco in order to win, no matter how much he believes in himself.

Match-up ratios matter. Match-ups matter. Those numbers on paper matter. They translate to real, important things that happen on screen.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
This isn't the Matrix.

A high level Ganondorf is going to have to drastically outplay a high level Falco in order to win, no matter how much he believes in himself.

Match-up ratios matter. Match-ups matter. Those numbers on paper matter. They translate to real, important things that happen on screen.
Thank you, for not understanding a thing I said! :D

I didn't say anything about believing in yourself. Just that many people thing that they are dragged down by things on paper. WHEN GOOD PLAYERS CAN GO HEAD TO HEAD IN A MATCHUP AND NEARLY BEAT AN MK IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT HOW MUCH PLAYER SKILL IS NECESSARY. If I were WRONG, then everyone who reads up on their character and DOES EVERYTHING THE PAPER SAYS THAT THEY CAN would all be elites. There is a REASON that there are people who are the best low tier mains, like Malcolm. THEY KNOW THEY CAN DO BETTER. They MAKE UP STUFF ON THEIR OWN. Look at M2K's blog. He started by copying off of the first good MK main, then MADE UP HIS OWN STUFF.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Why would you quit the game if a character you don't even play gets banned? That makes no sense.
Because it would show to me how stupid we are as a community, and I'd want nothing to do with that community?
Exactly my point earlier, but I didn't want to go around and just off-the-wall quote people.

Non-MKs will quit this game if MK is banned because that'll give them the incentive that we're a stupid community. You said it, I said it, and I'm sure others will say it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I do see how it sounds like that, but that's not what I'm talking about. Even if people do get better they may still want to ban Mk. What I reaching for is that, in order to clear up the metagame gap, instead of people completely focusing on beating Mk, they can just better themselves by experimenting more and more with their main. It's not guranteed that you'll be able to beat Mk every single time, and people may still want to ban him, but you couldn't necessarily call MK "broken" if your character's metagame begins to rise on par. get it? I'm not talking about his bansishment, but about his "brokeness" which is a factor in his banishment
I see what you are saying, and I highly respect you for admitting to the fact that even when your character begins to fight on a level matching MK, there will still be people (such as myself) that find him worthy of a ban.

and just for the record, I havent been anything more than 1 stocked by an MK since the beggining of this year, but I still feel that he is deserving of a ban

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The most studied matchups will always involve the best character(s). If you don't main a Snake counter character, the matchup you will play the most is Snake.
That's true but, as I mentioned before, the number of characters in this boat wouldn't be as much as Metaknight. Not to say that justifies Metaknight getting banned but I do believe that a weight would be taken off most people's shoulders if he did even if it's one gruelingly bad match up (like in the case of Mario vs Metaknight). All in all, I don't think things would change drastically if Metaknight was banned but I do think a few characters like Pit, the Ice Climbers, and Marth would be able to reach higher heights with him gone.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Exactly my point earlier, but I didn't want to go around and just off-the-wall quote people.

Non-MKs will quit this game if MK is banned because that'll give them the incentive that we're a stupid community. You said it, I said it, and I'm sure others will say it.
Not banning him when more than half the community WANTS him banned is being stupid. People will leave because they no longer see the smash community as a community that can evolve and continue moving forward to create a better competitive experience.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Not banning him when more than half the community WANTS him banned is being stupid. People will leave because they no longer see the smash community as a community that can evolve and continue moving forward to create a better competitive experience.
Awww.... so the opportunity cost here is that if MK doesn't get banned, we lose the less intelligent members? What a shame...

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Just because most people want him banned does not mean he deserves to be banned.

People are already leaving because he's not banned. That leaves those who don't want him banned for whatever reason.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Awww.... so the opportunity cost here is that if MK doesn't get banned, we lose the less intelligent members? What a shame...
Stop taking my lines you *******.

Seriously, over half the community sucks at the game to begin with, these polls dont prove anything, if you think they do you're in delusional land.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
temp ban = goodish idea.

Even if the Metagame gap doesn't close, It'll put off some people's feelings. Of course, ultimately there are many roads to go down, (MK-specific banned tournaments, only a few) I can't say permanent-ban, because that's just against my '10nobans for johnny' rule (don't ask). We need a broader pool than just 'yes' or 'no' or 'not sure'. For now though, I say no. If it doesn't close, people won't be as angry that they 'gave peace a chance' *cough* (mkplayers) *cough*... myself included :bee:.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Awww.... so the opportunity cost here is that if MK doesn't get banned, we lose the less intelligent members? What a shame... who will we laugh at and disprove when everyone's in the right mindset?
Look at the people that are voting yes, they are some of the more active and enjoyable members of this community.

And without a large community enjoy your small smashfests and enjoy losing any hope of this game being sponsored.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
RK joker- dont talk **** like that seriously all ur posts are being in a very trolly tone.

To whoever said mk's ban will make people quit....wrong completely wrong. If anything, ppl will quit if mk isnt banned. How can a character that has no disadvantageous matchups, stages, etc. be allowed in competitive play?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I seriously doubt if MK isn't banned people will leave, and there is not much you can say to support that a large portion of people will. Hell I'd think more people losing their ****ing main would leave than the people who decide to have a piss fest over a 6/4 or 5/5 match up.

Sheikant you really dont know anything about other fighters do you. There are lots of MK esque characters in other games, the communities are just more mature and dont whine about it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
RK joker- dont talk **** like that seriously all ur posts are being in a very trolly tone.

To whoever said mk's ban will make people quit....wrong completely wrong. If anything, ppl will quit if mk isnt banned. How can a character that has no disadvantageous matchups, stages, etc. be allowed in competitive play?
A lot of fighting games have characters like this. Only the brawl community cries as much.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Does anyone know if Japan or other countries are having a big a problem with Metaknight as we are? OR have they found a way to make him bareable?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt if MK isn't banned people will leave, and there is not much you can say to support that a large portion of people will. Hell I'd think more people losing their ****ing main would leave than the people who decide to have a piss fest over a 6/4 or 5/5 match up.

Sheikant you really dont know anything about other fighters do you. There are lots of MK esque characters in other games, the communities are just more mature and dont whine about it.
See Akuma SF 2.

But I do agree with you. I don't think people will leave if he is not banned, but I don't think people will leave if he is banned either... If anything banning him will make the Metaknight mains who literally HAVE to use him leave because they can't play as anyone else. Not a bad thing if I do say so myself.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If MK isnt banned, its pretty presumptuous to say who will or wont quit, if it doesnt include yourself. But its also pretty presumptuous to say who will or wont quit if he is banned...

Thats not really a strong argument for either side.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Look at the people that are voting yes, they are some of the more active and enjoyable members of this community.

And without a large community enjoy your small smashfests and enjoy losing any hope of this game being sponsored.
My, my. You really don't have anything smart to say, do you? I've explained, multiple times within this topic why it is stupid, the pros say it is stupid... without us, no one will sponsor the game as it will be meaningless and boring. The pros see things right, and people will follow. There is no chance the community will grow small. You're too afraid to leave, one way or another. We aren't.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
See Akuma SF 2.

But I do agree with you. I don't think people will leave if he is not banned, but I don't think people will leave if he is banned either... If anything banning him will make the Metaknight mains who literally HAVE to use him leave because they can't play as anyone else. Not a bad thing if I do say so myself.
Wrong answer. People don't all play MK because he's... y'know what? BRB

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Marth has counter. His f-air covers him as he recovers. His up b is invincible and super fast. He can recover.

Why wouldn't you just ban planking? Every tournament I go to has it banned. I didn't even know tournaments still existed that didn't ban it.

Why do people want Meta Knight banned? Most players consider him the best character in the game. Many players think he has no bad matches or bad stages, so they think he breaks the counterpicking system. He has been dominating the tournament scene in many places. Some players find him annoying to fight against, boring to use, or both. I think those reasons are pretty weak.

In my opinion, Meta Knight should not be banned. I believe the pro-ban side is wrong in almost every area with regards to the issue. I will now address some major points of the pro-ban side and provide my counterarguments.

“Meta Knight is the best character in the game.”

First of all, this is not a valid reason to ban a character. Every game needs to have a “best character” because no characters are created equal. If Meta Knight were to be banned, some other character would easily replace him as “best,” and that would most likely be Falco or King Dedede, in my opinion. Second of all, Meta Knight being the best character in the game is still arguable. Reputable players like teh_spamerer and myself believe that Snake is potentially the best character in the game, and there are other players that are starting to feel this way as well. Every character that fights against Snake, be it Meta Knight, Dedede, Falco, or whomever, has to do more work than Snake does in order to win. Snake merely has to camp with grenades and his C4 and punish with his gigantic and fast f-tilt in order to get any character to within kill range, and then his stupidly fast and large u-tilt will kill them easily. Snake has insane priority, range, move speed, KO power, and camping abilities. His survivability is also absurd. If you’re intelligent and don’t get put into situations where you’ll get gimped, which isn’t that hard, you will live to over 150% quite consistently. That’s much better than the average ~100% for most characters in the game, and Meta Knight dies often before the triple digits. I recently played Mew2King a lot in this match-up. He ***** me a lot at first, but after I started to stay in the middle of the stage and camp more, I did much better and even won several games, one by a lot. Staying in the middle of stage and staying safe on platforms and in general was enough to prevent the absolute best Meta Knight from gimping me. Snake is good even on stages people say are bad for him. Rainbow Cruise has a really low ceiling for most of it and a lot of platforms for Snake to drop grenades and C4s on for camping. His priority in the air also makes jumping around a lot not that big of a deal for him. Frigate Orpheon has platforms for him to camp on and a slightly lower ceiling than neutral stages, so that’s also good for him. Final Destination, despite having no platforms to dodge chaingrabbing on and abuse the hitboxes of C4s and grenades, is very large, thus allowing him to live a long time. Where is Snake actually not an amazing character? It’s very possible that Snake is the best character in the game, and players making the claim that Meta Knight is definitely the best are making it too soon. In the earlier days of competitive Melee, Sheik was considered the best character and people though she was broken, but by the end of Melee’s prime, Falco, Fox, and especially Marth all had better tournament records and were put higher on many tier lists. The SBR’s official tier list put Fox and Falco above Sheik. The pro-ban side needs to have some patience.

“Meta Knight has no bad match-ups.”

While it’s true that Meta Knight has no matches that are terrible, he certainly has at least one bad match. teh_spamerer, myself, and other reputable players agree that Snake has the advantage against Meta Knight. Snake has to do very little work in order to win. Simply camping intelligently will grant Snake the win against all but the very best players. Snake can drop a grenade on the ground and then hold one in his hand, limiting Meta Knight’s approach options to grabbing and nothing else since any other option will results in Meta Knight blowing up. Even after getting the grab, only u-throw is safe because other ones will blow him up. Why does this matter that much if Snake is also blown up? Snake lives to 150%+ while Meta Knight can easily die before 100% against Snake. Any trade of damage is in Snake’s favour, even if Snake takes slightly more, due to this huge difference. Snake can throw grenades at Meta Knight and drop them and run away, forcing Meta Knight to approach even if he’s winning. Snake can punish almost anything Meta Knight does with a grab or an f-tilt. F-tilt does 21% undiminished. That is nearly ¼ of Meta Knight’s stock in a single attack. The move is gigantic and only 4 frames, which is actually faster than Meta Knight’s d-smash, which many people cry about due to its speed. Snake’s grab goes higher than most grabs, meaning grabbing Meta Knight out of the air isn’t hard to do. He can d-throw Meta Knight, doing 12%, and then hold his shield and react to what Meta Knight does. If he gets an f-tilt, that’s 33% and an advantageous situation because Meta Knight will be knocked away and be forced to approach again. He can chase Meta Knight with a d-air, doing 29% and killing him at 75% from the center of a stage with good DI. If Snake connects his n-air or d-air at all, that’s 29%, almost 1/3 of Meta Knight’s stock, in a single attack. Meta Knight has to get a gimp in order to kill Snake before very high percentages. Snake doesn’t have to do this because he outright kills Meta Knight before 100% with many attacks. Snake can hit Meta Knight with an f-smash and kill him at 0% if Meta Knight DIs badly. Snake can ignore DIing at all and survive Meta Knight’s f-smash from the middle of a stage at well over 100%. That is how unfair the percentages that they die at are. Snake most certainly has the advantage here.

No other characters have the advantage against Meta Knight, and this is agreed upon by anyone intelligent I’ve ever spoken to about it, so I won’t try to say he loses to any other characters. Diddy Kong has been discussed, but I think Snake does slightly better while Diddy Kong vs Meta Knight is even. However, other characters go nearly even with him. Falco, Diddy Kong, Game and Watch, Wario, and Olimar most likely do not lose more than 45/55 to Meta Knight, meaning the match-ups are basically even. I actually think Wario vs Meta Knight is nearly 50/50. Dedede, Marth, R.O.B., Donkey Kong, and other good characters have taken down Meta Knights in tournaments many times and do not lose the match-up any worse than 40/60 in my pretty well educated opinion.

“Meta Knight has no bad stages.”

If you seriously think about this, how can it be true? Meta Knight is not perfection incarnate. Stages can tilt match-ups out of his favour quite easily. Stages with low ceilings or stages that are just really large tend to work well. Final Destination is a huge stage with no platforms. Meta Knight gets most of kills off the side and he is exceptionally good at platform control. If you’re on Final Destination against Meta Knight, simply staying in the middle of the stage helps you win. Battleship Halberd has a low ceiling, and most of Meta Knight’s deaths are ceiling KOs. He’ll die ~10% earlier on this stage. The sides are larger than the sides of most neutrals. Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) has those ghost platforms that can save other characters from being gimped by Meta Knight. For any other stage counterpick options, think about your character. Generally picking somewhere that’s great for your character and just neutral for Meta Knight will tilt the match-up slightly in your favour, giving you a better chance to win. Ban stages where Meta Knight is extremely good, such as Rainbow Cruise and Frigate Orpheon, and you’ll do better. Intelligent stage counterpicking can win a set for you.

Those three points seem to be the main arguments of the pro-ban side. Any other arguments are minor things, bias, etc. The biggest point they have is that Meta Knight somehow breaks the counterpicking system and makes it so picking anyone else is automatically a horrible idea. This is because of the idea that Meta Knight has no bad matches or stages. Meta Knight is not the worst match-up for most of the top tier characters and he is not amazing on every stage.

-Snake’s worst match-up is widely considered to be Dedede, and Snake wins against Meta Knight in my opinion, so Meta Knight certainly doesn’t break the counterpicking system here.
-Falco’s worst match-up is most likely Game and Watch. Falco can’t shoot lasers because of the bucket, he can’t compete with Game and Watch’s priority, and he dies stupidly early. Falco can CG combo Meta Knight to ~60% and laser camp like crazy. Just ban planking.
-Dedede’s worst match-up is widely considered to be Falco. Atomsk and Mew2King both cry about this match-up endlessly and call it unwinnable, but Atomsk loves fighting Meta Knight with Dedede and he beats almost all of them. Atomsk also cries about Olimar just as much. Meta Knight? Not at all. Atomsk wrecked Dojo recently and has taken out top Meta Knights like myself, teh_spamerer, Shadow, and Omni.
-Game and Watch kills Meta Knight at very low damage and easily competes with his priority. Game and Watch also can’t be edgeguarded because of his insane u-b. His u-b and u-air can put Meta Knight in very dangerous situations. Vex Kasrani and Mew2King both agree this isn’t a bad match-up at all. Game and Watch probably does worse against several other characters. Hylian beat me recently. omegablackmage beat dmbrandon.
-Diddy Kong’s worst match-up is most certainly not Meta Knight. NinjaLink never complains about this match-up and he’s beaten Mew2King twice in tournament sets in it. Diddy Kong players seem to hate characters like Luigi, Falco, and Olimar far more. ADHD has been destroying Meta Knights and almost beat M2K.
-Olimar players complain about random characters like Wolf, Luigi, and Peach more than they do about Meta Knight. Marth also does very well against Olimar. Olimar can camp against Meta Knight really well and just stay safe to not get gimped. BlackWaltz has beaten teh_spamerer and Plank recently in tournament sets.
-Wario probably goes even with Meta Knight, and most people say Luigi and Dedede are worse for him than just about any character. I’d say Zelda does better against Wario, as well, due to her f-smash and grab release into easily sweetspotted f-air and u-smash.

Wow, look at that. Meta Knight probably isn’t the worst match-up for any character near him in ability! What a surprise! Well, no, not really. It’s not a surprise at all to anyone that looks at the debate without tons of bias. These are all situations where Meta Knight is not the best option, so he’s clearly not breaking the counterpicking system.

Get *****.
And now, mine.

Did you all read M2K's Myspace blog? The best (known) player in the world calls you crybabies. He notes that you want to ban a character that he (and others) have put HOURS of practice into. HOURS. MK mains practice too, you know. No they won't have a problem in the switch, but the fact that the character they put so much work into, they can't play as him anymore?

I mained Kirby back in Melee. I was always crushed by my brother's Link. I took up Mario. Mario had all of what Kirby did. and more. Meta-Knight simply embodies the abilities of most of the game's characters. The fact that someone does better with Meta-Knight is no surprise. MK has their character's tools, and the ability to use them better. The phras Xien used yesterday to describe Arceus is the same for MK "Jack of all Trades, Master of None." As he is the Jack of all trades, the masters of these tools obviously have things better than him. MK just has more tools, and the player can not only keep their fighting style, but adopt new tactics. That's it. Every character has something better than MK. Expand on his fighting style, and winning isn't that far of a goal. Expand on your character's fighting style, and have the glory of mastery.

To weaken MK mains by forcing them to fit in a certain character's playstyle is wrong. MK has more freedom than other characters, so what? Boss is the best example for a master, because he uses two low tiers and can even beat Meta-Knights. Mario and Luigi, as well as every other character in the game (with the possible exception of Marth) has at least one thing over MK that they can master. What's yours?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Hey, everyone? Can I have your attention please?
Hey, can I please have your attention?
YOU IN THE BACK, GET THE FRICK OFF OF YOUR DANG PHONE AND LISTEN UP!

Sorry for being all weird and stuff, I just got back from school and I'm semi-tired.

Guys, we are talking about a game changing decision, and fighting amoungst ourselves on any of the sides is not going to do too much. Arguing and insulting our fellow community members isn't helping the situation at all. I don't like the idea of us fighting eachother (weird that I enjoy games like this and Resident Evil 5, huh?). It's stupid to have us divided amoungst ourselves, even on the already divided sides of this issue. And we should have respect for eachother.

I personally think that this thread should be left alone for a little bit. I'm not trying to undermind the supreme authority of the SBR, and all of the legendary members and champions of the boards. If I seem that I am, please ban me instantly, so that I am no longer being a problem. But I think that these nit-picky disputes over the issue (some of the points being as strange as King Dedede's Sister, Queen ADD :p) doesn't help fully explain what is going on in the long run. So, I think that everyone should back away, and then a thread be made for each of the different points of views:The Ban Side, the Anti-Ban Side, the Temporary Ban Side, and any other viewpoints. Let the people who are thinking alike convien together, and put all of the ideas and main view points, as well as all of the information that backs this up, come together and get the back bone of that side's arguement together. Let those for each side help out eachother to find the ideas that everyone on that side has in their head.

Once some time has passed (maybe a few weeks or so), then all of the different sides should meet, and calmly and rationally discuss like the educated people we all are (or can be) the issue at hand. Some people vote just to vote, and do not have too much information behind it. Other people vote, but find themselves regretting that choice. We should make sure any and all thoughts and information behind our decisions is concrete, and we should all work together, especially when the outcome could lead to the permanent removal of a character from a game, which is quite a big decision.

In sumation (personally, I don't see anyone deciding to do this, but still, it seems like a good idea), I think that we should leave this thread be, atleast for right now. Then we get together with all of the people that are with us on the arguement, and decide WHY we are: why we think Metaknight deserves or doesn't deserve banishment, and what it would do for or against the community. As for those that think of a temporary ban being good, reasons why that should be done and how it would effect things should also be thought off together. Then later, those that can convey the viewpoints the best come back here, and then they talk about this as intellectually as possible.

Wow.... I officially know I am addicted to Brawl. The Pro-Ban/Anti-Ban Metaknight discussion means more to me than the last election did. But again, I personally did not know enough about either candidate to be allowed to vote, and I don't think people should place a trivial and unbacked answer as their reason for contributing to either side of such an important dispute.

I am sorry for interupting the flow of thought (assuming I did), and I hope that, assuming my idea is a waste of time, that you guys can get back to this topic. But if you do decide to stay here right now and keep it up, make sure it stays a discussion, not a dispute. It shouldn't be a Verbal Brawl. It should be a simple yet detailed talk.

:flame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom