• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes and yes.

ShadowLink, next time I host a large tournament, you are skipping school or work or whatever and coming to it for the whole day. Come Friday night and I'll house you at the hotel for free. :)
Wait, I've been saying this stuff for months, and you offer to house him at a hotel for free for saying it once?

I feel so unloved.

Lol, j/k.

But really, Catholics have a lot more tolerant members then most denominations in my experience.

... but we also have the Catholic league :embarrass

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Yeah the catholic leagie tends to...ruin things a bit

In general Catholics due tend to be among the more tolerant of the denominations of Christianity.
I forgot which was the most strict. Adum you remember off the top of your head?
I am tempted to say Protestant.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
XD
Inui you're too funny, I'd feel too guilty to let you do that.
Besides I have no problem taking the train now that I know where the place is.

Just host it at the same place we'll play some friendlies.
Uh... I house people all the time. It's no big deal. I want to make sure we play next time.

Wait, I've been saying this stuff for months, and you offer to house him at a hotel for free for saying it once?

I feel so unloved.
Well, I met ShadowLink in person once already and talked to him on MSN before, while I do not know you at all. :p

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Uh... I house people all the time. It's no big deal. I want to make sure we play next time.
Ah I didn't want to pester you since you had seemed busy with the tournament.
I'll play you next time and you can have fun whipping my scrubby *** Sonic.

Edit: OMFG AMAZING! I thought the 20+ pack of gatorade my mom bought was all lime. Turns out there's orange! Didn't notice til I started drinking since its rather dark right now.
Edit2:My Dpg video is almost ready. Soon I can play movies on my DS.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yeah the catholic leagie tends to...ruin things a bit

In general Catholics due tend to be among the more tolerant of the denominations of Christianity.
I forgot which was the most strict. Adum you remember off the top of your head?
I am tempted to say Protestant.
There are SO MANY protestant denominations that it's impossible to classify them in general.

As a sub-division born-again Christians tend to be intolerant, but again there's a pretty wide range of views there, so still.

The most intolerant denomination I know of would have to be Westboro baptists, though they've got, errr, 100 members or so. Mainstream anti-homosexual denominations tend to be about the same as far as discrimination goes, so I wouldn't say that there's any one "most discriminatory" group.

Well, I met ShadowLink in person once already and talked to him on MSN before, while I do not know you at all. :p
I was just kidding dude.

Actually the fact that I haven't encountered you yet in person is reminding how much I need to go to some tournaments, my group of "lets break the game" friends have all moved completely back to melee, so if I wanna get better at Brawl I'm now forced to attend tournaments regularly instead of sporadically like I've done up till now.

You'll probably get to kick my *** a few times during the winter break.

Sharky

Smash Master
Hehe, just reading the past few pages now, good to know there's some other knowledgeable catholics here. Not much else for me to say, though. lol

I like how the poll's pretty much the exact same was it was last time. ~200 vote difference.

GofG

Smash Champion
Wait, what? Why are there people who A) are catholics and B) have a working knowledge of their own religion? I didn't think people like that existed.

Groovy Kong

Smash Cadet
I really don't see why people think Meta Knight is the best. I just don't think he's good at all

Alzi

Smash Master
^^^ LOL

Well i don't belive he should be banned no matter how good he is. It's just a character in a game who cares.

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
I really don't see why people think Meta Knight is the best. I just don't think he's good at all
It's like that for some people for some reason, but his attacks are so quick they are hard to block, dodge, or counter.
The only thing is that he has to use a mass amount of A attacks to get anywhere.

Groovy Kong

Smash Cadet
It's like that for some people for some reason, but his attacks are so quick they are hard to block, dodge, or counter.
The only thing is that he has to use a mass amount of A attacks to get anywhere.
I guess thats true. But for me I think Meta Knight is like anime, it sucks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1tgIRnEOPM

Hey falcon is playable lol. Check out the last combo
you know nothing of captain falcon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPxFCsrWtKc
Wait, what? Why are there people who A) are catholics and B) have a working knowledge of their own religion? I didn't think people like that existed.
i KNOW right? me neither.
Anime is too good. And by your logic, Meta Knight is too good.
this quote is too good.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@SL: nice stuff. Glad I didn't have to do it again, on a different forum. Finding people able to actually think about what the bible is saying is pretty cool. ^_^

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I believe the point is it's more then just working knowledge, and it's actually surprisingly rare. Especially with Catholicism just because there's so much material.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My God has a capital G.

It also tells people to stop spamming in this thread.

RDK

Smash Hero
What? Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think Sonic counted as tournament-viable.

Groovy Kong

Smash Cadet
jojos adventure was good until after the 3rd generation of jojo finished.

-_-;
Agreed.

But back onto topic, i don't like using Meta Knight and i really don't see why people want him banned. It's like the tiers in brawl, it's pointless, people make such a big deal out of it and USE ANYONE YOU WANT ***GOT!

RDK

Smash Hero
Agreed.

But back onto topic, i don't like using Meta Knight and i really don't see why people want him banned. It's like the tiers in brawl, it's pointless, people make such a big deal out of it and USE ANYONE YOU WANT ***GOT!
You just lost any credibility you might have had, which was effectively zero, so meh. No harm no foul.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Right. Because banning one good character because another character blows makes complete sense.
Yes, because his only counter is not tourny viable so he has no counter now. :(
AND SONIC WAS AN 80:20(mk favored) COUNTER TOO.

:093:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom