• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I wasn't actually suggesting to illusion after getting Daired, but if Falco was knocked off-stage but not low enough to be forced to recovery with his fire bird. Of course it's really mostly just good guess work but like I said, a lot of things on paper are easier said than done.

Yeah Ia ccidentily missed that part the first time when correcting you lol sorry.

gimping is difficult in brawl which makes the game a lot deeper
.......wooooooow

_Keno_

Smash Lord
gimping is difficult in brawl which makes the game a lot deeper
That makes negative sense...

The only reason its impossible to gimp is because anyone can recover from anywhere and nobody can really edgeguard. Edgeguarding and different recovery methods made melee much deeper. =D

BentoBox

Smash Master
Lol no. Platforms HELP Diddy's game. A little Melee import called 'z-grabbing items'
The matchup is the same, regardless of stage. I'd actually prefer to take MK to Battlefield over FD. Most Diddy's play on the assumption that FD is going to be banned against them.

Also:
Well if you watched the first and third match of their set, I think it is fairly apparent that Battlefield's platforms hindered his banana game. Or maybe he just isn't comfortable with the map yet? Still, from what I'm seeing here, you guys must be in denial, as your game seems to be all but stronger on such maps.

Velox

Smash Ace
look, all I'm sayin is this can't go anywhere

I've been here for a while, I know how stupid the smash community is, especially the pros
you simply have to question the "good" people in smash, they're simply often wrong and overly bias

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Metaknight isn't broken, the players are (For example Mew2King). I think I might take MK in, it's not like he's a auto win button anyway. I like using multiple characters (especially fast ones or ICs). No more discriminating against MK, I can kill him just like any other characters. So if anyone picks MK up just because of tiers or "brokenness" do know you won't get anywhere fast. Learn to play first ;). I'm done here *Summons Sonic to carry me out of this thread at Sonic speed*.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
definite yes

I am fine even right now for it not being banned

As long as its banned in the next coming months, yes

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Metaknight isn't broken, the players are (For example Mew2King). I think I might take MK in, it's not like he's a auto win button anyway. I like using multiple characters (especially fast ones or ICs). No more discriminating against MK, I can kill him just like any other characters. So if anyone picks MK up just because of tiers or "brokenness" do know you won't get anywhere fast. Learn to play first ;). I'm done here *Summons Sonic to carry me out of this thread at Sonic speed*.
NOT SO FAST BT!
YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!
SAKURAI TRIP!
WITH THIS CARD YOU WILL CONSTANTLY TRIP.

A trip at Sonic speed will leave a nasty mark *nod nod*

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
NOT SO FAST BT!
SAKURAI TRIP!

NOT SO FAST.

I COUNTER YOUR TRAP CARD WITH A TRAP CARD OF MY OWN!

SOLEMN JUDGMENT! BY SACRIFICING HALF OF MY LIFE POINTS I NEGATE AND DESTROY YOUR TRAP CARD!

It feels good to talk of YGO again.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
NOT SO FAST.

I COUNTER YOUR TRAP CARD WITH A TRAP CARD OF MY OWN!

SOLEMN JUDGMENT! BY SACRIFICING HALF OF MY LIFE POINTS I NEGATE AND DESTROY YOUR TRAP CARD!

It feels good to talk of YGO again.
NOT SO FAST! I ACTIVATE MY OWN SOLEMN JUDGEMENT AND PAY HALF OF MY LIFE POINTS AND NEGATE YOUR CARD'S EFFECT AND DESTROY IT

Yes, it does feel good

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
NOT SO FAST BT!
SAKURAI TRIP!

OH YEAH?
I'LL ACTIVATE THIS!!!
HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!!
WITH THIS, THE EFFECTS OF TRIPPING ARE NEGATED!!
PWNED!!

*Rides out into the sunset*

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
NOT SO FAST! I ACTIVATE MY OWN SOLEMN JUDGEMENT AND PAY HALF OF MY LIFE POINTS AND NEGATE YOUR CARD'S EFFECT AND DESTROY IT

Yes, it does feel good
OH YEAH!

WELL...

UHM...

I END CHAIN.

****it.

I'll have to wait until your next move to use my Threatening Roar + Ojama Trio + Just Desserts combo.

Yugioh was so gay...
YGO was, and is, awesome.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
The game itself sucks too. "Trap cawd! OMG LIFE POINTS!"

Pokemon or Magic was better.
Pokemon was terrible. Every single **** game came down to dice rolls and coin flips, it was just retardedly chance-based and that's why it died a terrible death.

Magic was better, fo sho, primarily because of the prize money.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Pokemon was terrible. Every single **** game came down to dice rolls and coin flips, it was just retardedly chance-based and that's why it died a terrible death.

Magic was better, fo sho, primarily because of the prize money.
Don't remember the dice rolls... remember the coin flips though. I was into it for awhile until it started getting blatantly old.

At least we can agree on Magic being the best of three.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In the early days of Pokémon TCG, top tier decks like Haymaker and Rain Dance relied on as little chance as possible. Haymaker tried to end games quickly with speed kills (Hitmonchan 20-damage clock), while Rain Dance used all manner of search cards and Breeder to get its engine going fast.

Hell, even No-Energy Stall played with zero coinflip mechanics (unless you were one of those crazies who ran Gambler).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
In the early days of Pokémon TCG, top tier decks like Haymaker and Rain Dance relied on as little chance as possible. Haymaker tried to end games quickly with speed kills (Hitmonchan 20-damage clock), while Rain Dance used all manner of search cards and Breeder to get its engine going fast.

Hell, even No-Energy Stall played with zero coinflip mechanics (unless you were one of those crazies who ran Gambler).
That was in the early days when Pokemon was actually cool...

cutter

Smash Champion

YEAH I remember the rain dance decks running retardedly broken **** like Prof. Oak, Bill, Computer Search to draw out the entire deck by like turn 3.

I played Rain Dance, and it reminded me so much of broken MTG cards like Contract from Below, Demonic Tutor, Ancestral Recall, Tinker, Yawgmoth's Will, Necro, Bargain, etc.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wanna know whats funny?

Ninjalink beat M2K again.

As I said before, NL has only lost to like, 2 MKs in the last 4 months. The pro-ban side inflated one of those loses (to Inui) to say Diddy doesn't do well in the match up. I've repeatedly stated that, looking at the whole spectrum of like 30 + for NL wins (versus 2 loses) Diddy does do well. This win for Diddy was just gravy. It also makes me happy that I brought this up in the podcast and I believe OS stated that M2K would not lose again to NL. So much for that.

They also asked about other players doing well. This past weekend LeThein (Diddy) got third-in Texas, the most MK dominated state in the country.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I don't know why people keep mentioning it. NinjaLink himself says he beats MK because he's god enough to do so.
Like the Diddy vs m2k. It wasn't because Diddy goes neutral, he just knew what to do and how to exploit so he just behaved as the better player.

I think we really need to find a way of separating the two and determining if player skill is skewing things.
Could it not be said that NL, Azen and m2k are people who are so god that they pretty much nullify the matchup ratios?
Similar to how azen would beat top players with his Link in ssb64.

Primarily since people are getting confused on what these examples are trying to prove exactly.
Is it, if you are skilled enough you'll win?
Is it, the character goes nuetral and so the game falls down to skill?
In one the skill overcomes such a gap which really has no influence on the argument since we are analyzing character ability.
The second of which is saying the characters ability allows the matchup to be based on skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom