• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You just nullified the opinions of 95% of the smash community.
Being oblivious to the fundamentals of a game is being bad at a game. I can button mash in snk vs capcom and win, but that does not make me good. Brinboy's transparency is clear as sky. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

M.K

Level 55
...i have responded on the lat page, in case you missed it. they have not getting more ********, you just cant respond to them. stfu try to do something productive please

wow. are you saying that MK's dtilt is disjointed??????

/facepalm.

i thought my views on you could not get any lower. i didnt think it was possible. apparently it is. running in on a flame free (a first!) discussion, and calling me ********. well guess what? gtfo or contribute. your choice
He's not really flaming you.
He's saying that you don't support your outlandish claims with any hard evidence, and you have done this on many occasions, leading him to believe that you don't have the sufficient knowledge to argue intelligently in a discussion like this.
I'm "********" at building refrigerators. I'm "********" at skateboarding. It just merely means "I dun know lulz"

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Snake will go aerial sooner or later because MK will force him there. Same with offstage.
All of Mk's moves are basically disjointed. Lol. As in they're not part of his body as SL said. Dtilt is good because it's pretty safe, has IASA frames, and can, with perfect spacing, outrange Snake's 3 moves. Besides, since when didn't pros have amazing to perfect spacing?
Dsmash doesn't need to be spammed to hit. It starts on frame 5, lol, it can't be impossible to land.
Oh, and Snake's insane grabbing game isn't as great as you think. Sure, you CAN do up to 30-50%, you CAN also kill snake with MK using U-airs to Tornado chain. Thing is, it doesn't happen as often as you wished. Besides, MK's sword+aerials>grab range.
yea, MK does have some advantages over snake. however, snake has more advantages over MK. MK's greatest advantage over snake is aerial game, so snake shouldnt prefer the air go in the air. snake has ground game advantage, weight advantage, grabbing game advantage, freakin explosives, and IMO, the most frustrating thing against a snake is stage pressure. freakin grenades piss me off lol. so much for tornadoing snake. MK has advantage on aerial game, range, and gimping. thats about it

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
...i have responded on the lat page, in case you missed it. they have not getting more ********, you just cant respond to them. stfu try to do something productive please

wow. are you saying that MK's dtilt is disjointed??????

/facepalm.

i thought my views on you could not get any lower. i didnt think it was possible. apparently it is. running in on a flame free (a first!) discussion, and calling me ********. well guess what? gtfo or contribute. your choice
you fail to notice brin that i have been reading on this issue since the beginning and, yes, that includes YOUR posts. I even debated you long ago. I still see the same arguments being trashed in the same ways. Anything new? I don't see it

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Brinboy's transparency is clear as sky. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
would you like to point out to me where im not being clear to you? i know what im talking about. if you cant contribute, gtfo

He's not really flaming you.
He's saying that you don't support your outlandish claims with any hard evidence, and you have done this on many occasions, leading him to believe that you don't have the sufficient knowledge to argue intelligently in a discussion like this.
I'm "********" at building refrigerators. I'm "********" at skateboarding. It just merely means "I dun know lulz"
i believe i gave the link:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203535
a couple of times? thats how snake > MK.

you fail to notice brin that i have been reading on this issue since the beginning and, yes, that includes YOUR posts. I even debated you long ago. I still see the same arguments being trashed in the same ways. Anything new? I don't see it
...im sorry, i havent been reading the last like over 9000 posts. i know i wasnt an intellegent post before, but i've changed. i just dont like people insulting people. just running into a disccussion and saying im ********...is...disgraceful. if you think im diong it wrong, then tell me. dont say im ********.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Overswarm mained ROB, went to several tournaments and won. Then he said he was going to main MK, stopped going to tournaments, and went to a few recently and lost as MK to non-MK players and did worse than he did in his earlier tournaments as ROB.

If anything, switching to MK to prove that he's broken and subsequently failing only strengthens the anti-ban argument.
Also proving that not everyone can pick him in in two weeks and do well.

D

Deleted member

Also proving that not everyone can pick him in in two weeks and do well.
good thing this was over 4 months, I wouldn't want you to be inconclusive.

But yes, this most definitely applies to 2 weeks as well, unlike the ban side would have you believe.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
yea, MK does have some advantages over snake. however, snake has more advantages over MK. MK's greatest advantage over snake is aerial game, so snake shouldnt prefer the air go in the air. snake has ground game advantage, weight advantage, grabbing game advantage, freakin explosives, and IMO, the most frustrating thing against a snake is stage pressure. freakin grenades piss me off lol. so much for tornadoing snake. MK has advantage on aerial game, range, and gimping. thats about it
Don't forget string advantage(basically comboing but no combos in brawl. :))
Lag advantage/Vulnerability advantage
Speed advantage
Ledge stalling(?)
and Recovery advantage

Weight can be both a good thing and a bad thing. See, it means MK has to damage snake more, but that shouldn't be too hard considering once you get him offstage, your gonna rack up his damage. And if time should run out, well, it means snake will most likely have more damage than MK. =/ Of course, that's very situational, lol. Point is, despite Snake having a weight advantage, MK's damage racking ability counteracts that. =/

Inui

Banned via Warnings
God, you really ARE an idiot, aren't you? No, I'm not afraid to say that JUST because you have some "colored" name. You are a FREAKING idiot.
ok, lol

Not only do you provide absolutely NO back-up to your statements, but you critisize the people who are TRYING to beat Meta-Knight. Of course, as your ANTI-ban opinion states: "Find ways to beat him". I am saying "We have, and we can't. What now?". You say "Then you suck". That is not a valid argument. That is an immature, and absolutely childish response to a perfectly logical argument.
Nope, you definitely are complete and total garbage. Just because you and your friends are extremely bad at Brawl and don't know how to beat Meta Knight like all the good players do, does not mean Meta Knight is broken. Azen wins with Lucario, Atomsk wins with Dedede and Olimar, I win with Snake, G-regulate wins with Snake, ChuDat wins with Kirby, Chillin wins with Snake, NinjaLink wins with Diddy, etc.

Get good like we are.

Here's a tip, how about you get the **** off your high horse and explain to me the reasons why Meta-Knight is beatable, and explain the circumstances of MK's "bad" and "evenish" matches.
Because you clearly, CLEARLY have SOME idea what these matches are, hmm? We've tackled every single match-up, and I know that you aren't some "all-knowing" character guru. A few pages back, someone posted ALL of the match-ups against MK from ALL of the boards, which clearly stated that Meta-Knight has only 1 match-up that could be considered "evenish" and several match-ups in which either a player got very lucky and used that circumstance to waver a closer match-up with MK, or there isn't enough experience to determine a close match-up.
I've watched you post in many, many threads, and you really can not provide any sort of proof of any of your statements. I think you suffer from an inflated opinion of your own flesh and blood, and to be honest, it isn't doing a thing to help you.
Ok.

Snake vs Meta Knight

-On the stage, Snake dominates Meta Knight. Snake can punish him severely for any mistakes, and his f-tilt does a staggering 21%. This is almost 1/4 of MK's entire stock in one move. D-throw --> tech-chase d-air = ~40%, which is insane. This move also kills MK at ~75% on most stages. Since Snake's grab goes high, he can grab MK easily out of his glide attack after powershielding it. The second hit of Snake's f-tilt beats all of MK's ground moves and the first hit beats MK's aerials.
-Snake dropping grenades and holding grenades limits MK to two options. He must go for a grab and up throw without pummelling at all or just wait. This is really gay. Snake can also hold grenades in the air to make MK take damage when he hits Snake. Snake doesn't care about both of them taking 10-14%. Snake can take ~50% more damage before dying.
-The supposed weakness Snake has is getting gimped. Working around this is extremely easy. Recovering intelligently by holding grenades and mixing stuff up like airdodging backwards randomly instead of predictably forward, and not getting put into bad situations in the first place by staying on the stage helps Snake avoid getting gimped.
-Snake kills MK at significantly less damage. Usually the difference is ~50%, but it's often even more. Moves like n-air and d-air, which do 29%, can kill MK consistently at ~80%. F-smash can kill MK at ~20-40%. U-air will kill MK at ~70% if you're both in the air. C4 will kill MK at ~80%. MK's strongest ground move, f-smash, won't kill Snake until well past 100%. D-smash, his best ground killing move, won't work until even later. His only way to get reliable kills before ~150% is hoping the Snake sucks and gets gimped.
-Tournament results in Atlantic North, NoCal, Florida, and Canada back my conclusion on this match-up. Unless the MK is a much better player, the Snake will generally win. My own experiences playing the match both ways at the highest levels, as in I play with Mew2King, show that Snake wins.

Falco vs Meta Knight

-Meta Knight is always forced to approach if you ban excessive stupid ledgecamping garbage nonsense. This is an automatic problem for MK since approaching in this game is always worse than camping.
-Falco can CG combo MK to ~60% and then kill him with u-smash at ~105%, and ~100% with f-smash. This means Falco can get a grab, do the simple CG combo, and then laser camp until a chance for a KO move comes up. Arguments saying "MK always outspaces Falco and should never get grabbed" fail because it assumes perfection. Players will always make mistakes. Assuming perfection is dumb. Tier lists and match-up numbers reflect reality and take mistakes into account.
-Falco's silent laser has +3 frame advantage. The only frame advantage in Brawl. This is very useful for set-ups because it lets Falco actually combo off of the laser.
-The only consistent edgeguard MK has is tornado, which won't send Falco back off the stage and Falco is light enough to get out easily. Falco has enough recovery options to not get gimped, especially because of his stupid f-b. If you edgehog him, he can easily f-b safely to the stage. If you're not on the edge, he can get to the edge for free. He can also use platforms on the stages to give himself another option.
-I have played Keitaro, a really good Falco in NJ, many times and have come to the conclusion that this match-up is very close. I also watched Mew2King fight Keitaro multiple times.

Game and Watch vs Meta Knight

-Game and Watch slaughters MK at extremely low percents which huge, high-priority moves. His f-smash can kill MK at ~65% pretty consistently, and then u-smash is even lower, and d-smash is only slightly higher. All but u-smash are fast and all have very little recovery time. Game and Watch may be lighter, but he lives to higher damage. Meta Knight can't gimp him out of his u-b.
-Game and Watch doesn't care about the tornado. He instantly gets out and then d-airs it. He can also beat it with all of his smash attacks, which kill MK at very low damage.
-Game and Watch can ledgecamp just as well as MK with his n-air.
-Game and Watch has huuuuuge moves with insane priority, so he can easily compete with MK's own good range and priority.
-MK's only reliable strategies are to use shuttle loop against Game and Watch's aerials and camp safely until small chances to grab and f-tilt come around. It's hard to land kill moves and risky to edgeguard.

Diddy Kong vs Meta Knight

-He negates the tornado and drill with his bananas, which he can combo off of, and he can DI out of the tornado easily and u-air it.
-Banana pressure is insane and bananas beat all moves. He starts off with control of them, which gives him an advantage with them. MK can use them well too, but not as well since his options after hitting with a banana are inferior and he does not start off with control of them.
-Diddy Kong has very good priority, surprisingly. His f-air beats all of MK's aerials and the kick out of the f-b does as well. The f-b is also an unblockable command throw if you don't kick out of it, making it great for mix-ups.
-Diddy Kong is very fast and very capable of punishing MK. He can glide toss out of shield and then combo from the banana if MK attacks his shield.
-MK has to camp often because the bananas, and lots of MKs like camping d-air...which Diddy's u-tilt beats.
-His only real weakness is getting gimped, which can be avoided by playing safely most of the time.
-I am highly experienced in this match-up. I have beaten NinjaLink, AlphaZealot, Chrome Pirate, and Jigglymaster in it. I have never felt like I had a big advantage at all.

Olimar vs Meta Knight

-Olimar, like Falco, forces MK to approach due to Pikmin tossing. This is automatically bad.
-Olimar can punish all of MK's attacks with a grab besides d-air above his head, which often loses to u-smash, u-air, and u-b. No amount of spacing can save MK from a grab. Perfectly spaced <insert move> gets grabbed. Olimar can simply run away and pivot grab anything MK does. Tornado? Who cares? He can grab it, and he can easily DI out of it and drop down n-air MK and combo a u-smash off of it.
-Purple Pikmin u-smash kills MK at ~80%, and other ones besides white at ~95%. Olimar's u-smash is very fast and lacks recovery time, making it both deadly and safe.
-Olimar has set combos at low damage that can take MK to ~40%. D-throw --> u-smash --> u-air, etc. Speaking of u-air, it does 25%. Insanity.
-Olimar's only weakness is getting gimped, which can be avoided by playing safely and staying on the stage.
-I have beaten Atomsk and BlackWaltz many times in tournament in this match-up, so I am highly experienced in it. There were many times I have felt helpless because of Olimar's camping.

I do not understand the ZSS and Wario match-ups enough to make my own conclusions. I go by what other top players say on those match-ups and what I have seen of them. ZSS and Wario seem to do quite well. Atomsk likes going Wario in teams against MKs and Reflex and Futile can beat MKs consistently. Snakeee and Shadow insist ZSS vs MK is even, and Snakeee is the best ZSS.

Dedede, Marth, R.O.B., Toon Link, Pit, Lucario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong do not lose any worse than 40/60 to MK. If this needs to be explained in detail, it's easily done.

BentoBox

Smash Master
You didn't even understand the meaning of my sentence. What is there to say? Where in the part you quoted did I imply that I did not understand what you were saying?

And about contributing to the topic, you sure are contributing an awful lot with all that copy+pasting. I should try that.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Don't forget string advantage(basically comboing but no combos in brawl. :))
Lag advantage/Vulnerability advantage
Speed advantage
Ledge stalling(?)
and Recovery advantage

Weight can be both a good thing and a bad thing. See, it means MK has to damage snake more, but that shouldn't be too hard considering once you get him offstage, your gonna rack up his damage. And if time should run out, well, it means snake will most likely have more damage than MK. =/ Of course, that's very situational, lol. Point is, despite Snake having a weight advantage, MK's damage racking ability counteracts that. =/
i believe inui has responded to my question? lol see post above mine

You didn't even understand the meaning of my sentence. What is there to say? Where in the part you quoted did I imply that I did not understand what you were saying?

And about contributing to the topic, you sure are contributing an awful lot with all that copy+pasting. I should try that.
ok then...what was the point of saying what you said then?

if you want to copy and paste, go ahead? irdc

BentoBox

Smash Master
@Shadow: I was defining "bad". Sports announcers wouldnt announce sports if they didn't know what was going on on the field. You can't discuss MK if you don't even know what a disjointed attack is.

@Brin: In short. Whenever you engage yourself in an argument, you either A) copy+paste someone else's argument and claim it as your own or B) offer your own input which makes it clear that you are ignorant. (I don't think d-tilt is disjointed, I mean, seriously?)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
This is me jumping in unannounced and not reading any other post in this thread... k?

Has anyone thought of instead of banning metaknight simply giving him a handicap? Metaknights would be happy and every other character would get closer to even. Maybe then he would have some matches to really worry about like every other character has.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
ok, lol

Nope, you definitely are complete and total garbage. Just because you and your friends are extremely bad at Brawl and don't know how to beat Meta Knight like all the good players do, does not mean Meta Knight is broken. Azen wins with Lucario, Atomsk wins with Dedede and Olimar, I win with Snake, G-regulate wins with Snake, ChuDat wins with Kirby, Chillin wins with Snake, NinjaLink wins with Diddy, etc.

Get good like we are.

Ok.

Snake vs Meta Knight

-On the stage, Snake dominates Meta Knight. Snake can punish him severely for any mistakes, and his f-tilt does a staggering 21%. This is almost 1/4 of MK's entire stock in one move. D-throw --> tech-chase d-air = ~40%, which is insane. This move also kills MK at ~75% on most stages. Since Snake's grab goes high, he can grab MK easily out of his glide attack after powershielding it. The second hit of Snake's f-tilt beats all of MK's ground moves and the first hit beats MK's aerials.
-Snake dropping grenades and holding grenades limits MK to two options. He must go for a grab and up throw without pummelling at all or just wait. This is really gay. Snake can also hold grenades in the air to make MK take damage when he hits Snake. Snake doesn't care about both of them taking 10-14%. Snake can take ~50% more damage before dying.
-The supposed weakness Snake has is getting gimped. Working around this is extremely easy. Recovering intelligently by holding grenades and mixing stuff up like airdodging backwards randomly instead of predictably forward, and not getting put into bad situations in the first place by staying on the stage helps Snake avoid getting gimped.
-Snake kills MK at significantly less damage. Usually the difference is ~50%, but it's often even more. Moves like n-air and d-air, which do 29%, can kill MK consistently at ~80%. F-smash can kill MK at ~20-40%. U-air will kill MK at ~70% if you're both in the air. C4 will kill MK at ~80%. MK's strongest ground move, f-smash, won't kill Snake until well past 100%. D-smash, his best ground killing move, won't work until even later. His only way to get reliable kills before ~150% is hoping the Snake sucks and gets gimped.
-Tournament results in Atlantic North, NoCal, Florida, and Canada back my conclusion on this match-up. Unless the MK is a much better player, the Snake will generally win. My own experiences playing the match both ways at the highest levels, as in I play with Mew2King, show that Snake wins.

Falco vs Meta Knight

-Meta Knight is always forced to approach if you ban excessive stupid ledgecamping garbage nonsense. This is an automatic problem for MK since approaching in this game is always worse than camping.
-Falco can CG combo MK to ~60% and then kill him with u-smash at ~105%, and ~100% with f-smash. This means Falco can get a grab, do the simple CG combo, and then laser camp until a chance for a KO move comes up. Arguments saying "MK always outspaces Falco and should never get grabbed" fail because it assumes perfection. Players will always make mistakes. Assuming perfection is dumb. Tier lists and match-up numbers reflect reality and take mistakes into account.
-Falco's silent laser has +3 frame advantage. The only frame advantage in Brawl. This is very useful for set-ups because it lets Falco actually combo off of the laser.
-The only consistent edgeguard MK has is tornado, which won't send Falco back off the stage and Falco is light enough to get out easily. Falco has enough recovery options to not get gimped, especially because of his stupid f-b. If you edgehog him, he can easily f-b safely to the stage. If you're not on the edge, he can get to the edge for free. He can also use platforms on the stages to give himself another option.
-I have played Keitaro, a really good Falco in NJ, many times and have come to the conclusion that this match-up is very close. I also watched Mew2King fight Keitaro multiple times.

Game and Watch vs Meta Knight

-Game and Watch slaughters MK at extremely low percents which huge, high-priority moves. His f-smash can kill MK at ~65% pretty consistently, and then u-smash is even lower, and d-smash is only slightly higher. All but u-smash are fast and all have very little recovery time. Game and Watch may be lighter, but he lives to higher damage. Meta Knight can't gimp him out of his u-b.
-Game and Watch doesn't care about the tornado. He instantly gets out and then d-airs it. He can also beat it with all of his smash attacks, which kill MK at very low damage.
-Game and Watch can ledgecamp just as well as MK with his n-air.
-Game and Watch has huuuuuge moves with insane priority, so he can easily compete with MK's own good range and priority.
-MK's only reliable strategies are to use shuttle loop against Game and Watch's aerials and camp safely until small chances to grab and f-tilt come around. It's hard to land kill moves and risky to edgeguard.

Diddy Kong vs Meta Knight

-He negates the tornado and drill with his bananas, which he can combo off of, and he can DI out of the tornado easily and u-air it.
-Banana pressure is insane and bananas beat all moves. He starts off with control of them, which gives him an advantage with them. MK can use them well too, but not as well since his options after hitting with a banana are inferior and he does not start off with control of them.
-Diddy Kong has very good priority, surprisingly. His f-air beats all of MK's aerials and the kick out of the f-b does as well. The f-b is also an unblockable command throw if you don't kick out of it, making it great for mix-ups.
-Diddy Kong is very fast and very capable of punishing MK. He can glide toss out of shield and then combo from the banana if MK attacks his shield.
-MK has to camp often because the bananas, and lots of MKs like camping d-air...which Diddy's u-tilt beats.
-His only real weakness is getting gimped, which can be avoided by playing safely most of the time.
-I am highly experienced in this match-up. I have beaten NinjaLink, AlphaZealot, Chrome Pirate, and Jigglymaster in it. I have never felt like I had a big advantage at all.

Olimar vs Meta Knight

-Olimar, like Falco, forces MK to approach due to Pikmin tossing. This is automatically bad.
-Olimar can punish all of MK's attacks with a grab besides d-air above his head, which often loses to u-smash, u-air, and u-b. No amount of spacing can save MK from a grab. Perfectly spaced <insert move> gets grabbed. Olimar can simply run away and pivot grab anything MK does. Tornado? Who cares? He can grab it, and he can easily DI out of it and drop down n-air MK and combo a u-smash off of it.
-Purple Pikmin u-smash kills MK at ~80%, and other ones besides white at ~95%. Olimar's u-smash is very fast and lacks recovery time, making it both deadly and safe.
-Olimar has set combos at low damage that can take MK to ~40%. D-throw --> u-smash --> u-air, etc. Speaking of u-air, it does 25%. Insanity.
-Olimar's only weakness is getting gimped, which can be avoided by playing safely and staying on the stage.
-I have beaten Atomsk and BlackWaltz many times in tournament in this match-up, so I am highly experienced in it. There were many times I have felt helpless because of Olimar's camping.

I do not understand the ZSS and Wario match-ups enough to make my own conclusions. I go by what other top players say on those match-ups and what I have seen of them. ZSS and Wario seem to do quite well. Atomsk likes going Wario in teams against MKs and Reflex and Futile can beat MKs consistently. Snakeee and Shadow insist ZSS vs MK is even, and Snakeee is the best ZSS.

Dedede, Marth, R.O.B., Toon Link, Pit, Lucario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong do not lose any worse than 40/60 to MK. If this needs to be explained in detail, it's easily done.

Yay for this getting blown off XD

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Brin, MK's Dtilt IS disjointed. Sword=not part of hurtbox means disjointed.
We don't mean stretch beyond graphics sort of disjointed, we mean beyond hurtbox disjointed. That's why MK's Dtilt has more range than Snake's Uptilt.

M.K

Level 55

FROM THE OFFICIAL MATCH-UP THREADS OF EACH OF THE CHARACTERS THAT YOU MENTIONED:

Falco:

55:45 Meta-Knight

Game and Watch:

60:40 Meta-Knight

Diddy Kong

Captain Olimar

Snake

Difficulty: *****
Which roughly translates to 55:45 or 60:40.

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. Even the people who dedicate their Brawl career to certain characters and MOST LIKELY have more knowledge than you disagree with you.
Are you trying to tell me that all the 60:40 match-ups are supposed to be good enough to beat Meta-Knight? I really don't think so.

I'm not even going to reply to the other **** you posted about me being "garbage", because it just proves that you are an arrogant prick who relies on gimmicky insults to prove a faulty point.

BentoBox

Smash Master
....................................................................................
wow. WOW. are you serious? who doesnt know what a disjointed move is? im saying that MK's dtilt isnt disjointed. are you trying to say that MK's dtilt is disjointed? if you are, turn on the wii and prove yourself wrong.
Clearly, you don't.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Foolishness
you are garbage if you are going to believe what random people in character threads are going to say over the people who are some of the best with said characters....

the olimar threads thought mk was 60-40 until i gave reasonings for it to be 55-45 in lolimar's favor

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
sorry To Spoil The *****fest In Here But The Sbr Voting Closed. 15 On The Ban Side Vs 35 On The Anti-ban Side, As Opposed To 15 Vs 29 From The Last Vote.

I Wouldn't Count On A Mk Ban Any Time Soon.
orly?

HELL YEAH

Deoxys

Smash Lord
sorry to spoil the *****fest in here but the SBR voting closed. 15 on the ban side vs 35 on the anti-ban side, as opposed to 15 vs 29 from the last vote.

I wouldn't count on a MK ban any time soon.
Why didn't anyone share the first vote with the community!?

Snake

Oh, you're the official Snake boards translator now? I was under the impression that how hard a matchup is to play correctly had nothing to do with win percentages when played correctly.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I wouldn't rely on character matchup threads completely.

I think the MK matchup thread for example might need a few revisions.

CO18

Smash Hero
FROM THE OFFICIAL MATCH-UP THREADS OF EACH OF THE CHARACTERS THAT YOU MENTIONED:

Falco:

55:45 Meta-Knight

Game and Watch:

Diddy Kong

Captain Olimar

Snake

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. Even the people who dedicate their Brawl career to certain characters and MOST LIKELY have more knowledge than you disagree with you.
Are you trying to tell me that all the 60:40 match-ups are supposed to be good enough to beat Meta-Knight? I really don't think so.

I'm not even going to reply to the other **** you posted about me being "garbage", because it just proves that you are an arrogant prick who relies on gimmicky insults to prove a faulty point.

Match up charts are usually made by an outstanding amount of assorted players who are bad at this game.

Im glad to see the SBR isnt ********.

M.K

Level 55
you are garbage if you are going to believe what random people in character threads are going to say over the people who are some of the best with said characters....
If I had access to this information from the so called "best", I would certainly oblige to believing them/you. However, no such compilation of information exists, so I am forced to base my argument on the community's opinion. This is unfortunate, becaues the entire community would benefit from the knowledge of the pros.
Also, you have to remember that Brawl's competitive scene isn't all "pro". Sure, the part we CARE about is, but this community is the one that is shaping the lower competitve realm.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Err. Meta Kirby - you just ignored Inui's entire post which said a lot of good things in it, simply responding with "Well this person says this." That's not how you debate, and you certainly should avoid ad hominem

Inui's post just put me on the fence. I'll have to try some of this...

@ Atomsk - It's a **** shame i couldn't come to Inui's tourney, cause you are too ****ing pro at this game. Next time I have to ask you questions and **** lol

brinboy789

Smash Champion
matchup stuff
matchup boards arent that accurate. have you seen the ike matchup boards? o.o

Clearly, you don't.
oh. well, you could have responded like how aeghrur did. a more...respectful, but instead, you chose to flame me. silly people these days.

Lol, metakirby vs Inui. I wish I could continue reading this, but I must go to sleep.
lol, same. i wish they could argue without flaming, like how shadowlink84 does. move...civilized :)

bobson

Smash Lord
The average person who contributes to a matchup thread isn't a pro. Hell, a lot of them don't even play in tournaments. Metaknight is a lot more difficult to overcome at a lower competitive level than he is at the higher levels.

Which brings into question if the absolute highest level is the only level that should be considered when devising a ruleset.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow. WOW. are you serious? who doesnt know what a disjointed move is? im saying that MK's dtilt isnt disjointed. are you trying to say that MK's dtilt is disjointed? if you are, turn on the wii and prove yourself wrong.
can he be banned for this?

this is the most blatent, undeniable lack of knowledge that I have ever seen.
nothing you say can ever been taken seriously for the rest of time.

M.K

Level 55
The average person who contributes to a matchup thread isn't a pro. Hell, a lot of them don't even play in tournaments. Metaknight is a lot more difficult to overcome at a lower competitive level than he is at the higher levels.

Which brings into question if the absolute highest level is the only level that should be considered when devising a ruleset.
It's true.
See, the underlying point is that the information that the lower competitive community needs in order to disestablish a "pro-ban" side isn't as easily accesible as it should be.
While Inui brings up some good points, I have no idea whether they are credible or not without some sort of reference.
Maybe if the information was more readily available, the pro-ban side would gain a better understanding about those who believe that Meta-Knight has counters/evens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom