• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
Just make one where he's banned, then. It's not like you have to let the SBR dictate every move you make. In fact, I'm baffled as to why the competitive community does that. There's a clear pro-ban majority here. If MK-allowing tourneys were just boycotted, he'd be banned in more places.

EDIT: Wow, that filled up fast. This was at XtACY.
too much stress to host a tourney and **** :psycho:

M.K

Level 55
Jason told me the anti-ban side was winning big time. Good to know it stayed that way. :)

Well, then you suck.

MK is perfectly beatable. He has a bad match and several evenish ones, so there are many ways to beat him.

The argument you're using is very scrubbish and whiny indeed.
God, you really ARE an idiot, aren't you? No, I'm not afraid to say that JUST because you have some "colored" name. You are a FREAKING idiot.
Not only do you provide absolutely NO back-up to your statements, but you critisize the people who are TRYING to beat Meta-Knight. Of course, as your ANTI-ban opinion states: "Find ways to beat him". I am saying "We have, and we can't. What now?". You say "Then you suck". That is not a valid argument. That is an immature, and absolutely childish response to a perfectly logical argument.
Here's a tip, how about you get the **** off your high horse and explain to me the reasons why Meta-Knight is beatable, and explain the circumstances of MK's "bad" and "evenish" matches.
Because you clearly, CLEARLY have SOME idea what these matches are, hmm? We've tackled every single match-up, and I know that you aren't some "all-knowing" character guru. A few pages back, someone posted ALL of the match-ups against MK from ALL of the boards, which clearly stated that Meta-Knight has only 1 match-up that could be considered "evenish" and several match-ups in which either a player got very lucky and used that circumstance to waver a closer match-up with MK, or there isn't enough experience to determine a close match-up.
I've watched you post in many, many threads, and you really can not provide any sort of proof of any of your statements. I think you suffer from an inflated opinion of your own flesh and blood, and to be honest, it isn't doing a thing to help you.

EDIT: I posted this BEFORE your last post above me, and now I will counter it.

We've given SEVERAL reason why the MK v. Snake match is either 50:50 or 55:45 Meta-Knight. Do you just refuse to believe in this?
Do you expect ANYONE to believe that FOURTEEN characters have some COMPETITIVE POTENTIAL against an experience Meta-Knight? I highly, HIGHLY doubt that. 60:40 is still a substantial advantage, and still can not make the match any less exhausting for the person battling MK.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
its still a counter, soft or hard. pro-ban sides main arguement is that he has NO bad matchups. soft counter is bad, even if its by a bit.
Hardly. Something that is bad would be 65:35 which is a definite soft counter.
If you just barely hit the soft counter mark, its hardly anything to consider bad.
Slightly disadvantaged yes, but far from being considered bad.

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
God, you really ARE an idiot, aren't you? No, I'm not afraid to say that JUST because you have some "colored" name. You are a FREAKING idiot.
Not only do you provide absolutely NO back-up to your statements, but you critisize the people who are TRYING to beat Meta-Knight. Of course, as your ANTI-ban opinion states: "Find ways to beat him". I am saying "We have, and we can't. What now?". You say "Then you suck". That is not a valid argument. That is an immature, and absolutely childish response to a perfectly logical argument.
Here's a tip, how about you get the **** off your high horse and explain to me the reasons why Meta-Knight is beatable, and explain the circumstances of MK's "bad" and "evenish" matches.
Because you clearly, CLEARLY have SOME idea what these matches are, hmm? We've tackled every single match-up, and I know that you aren't some "all-knowing" character guru. A few pages back, someone posted ALL of the match-ups against MK from ALL of the boards, which clearly stated that Meta-Knight has only 1 match-up that could be considered "evenish" and several match-ups in which either a player got very lucky and used that circumstance to waver a closer match-up with MK, or there isn't enough experience to determine a close match-up.
I've watched you post in many, many threads, and you really can not provide any sort of proof of any of your statements. I think you suffer from an inflated opinion of your own flesh and blood, and to be honest, it isn't doing a thing to help you.

We've given SEVERAL reason why the MK v. Snake match is either 50:50 or 55:45 Meta-Knight. Do you just refuse to believe in this?
Do you expect ANYONE to believe that FOURTEEN characters have some COMPETITIVE POTENTIAL against an experience Meta-Knight? I highly, HIGHLY doubt that. 60:40 is still a substantial advantage, and still can not make the match any less exhausting for the person battling MK.
oh sh?t~~!!!!

About 40 minutes away lol
is that by like toms river?

brinboy789

Smash Champion

would you like to explain the several reasons why MK > snake? or at least link it? because I have asked pro-ban side many times how snake > MK besides gimp, and i've never gotten an answer

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Snake beats him 55/45 in most cases. It's probably 60/40 on FD and Halberd and 50/50 on Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar.

I don't really consider nonsense stages like Corneria, Norfair, etc. because they are banned in Atlantic North almost all the time.

Meta Knight only wins 55/45 against Diddy Kong, Game and Watch, Falco, ZSS, Wario, and Olimar.

Dedede, Marth, R.O.B., Toon Link, Pit, Lucario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong do not lose any worse than 40/60 to MK.

These match-up numbers are based largely on results and experiences from Atlantic North, mostly my own experiences playing the matches with other pro players and watching them get played out as well.
tl;dr version:

I am giving you arbitrary numbers. Believe that I am speaking the truth please.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I'm kind of neutral on the whole situation, but doesn't Meta Knight, in theory, break the counter-picking aspect of competitive Smash? Why pick any other character, when Meta Knight will get the job done just as well, if not better?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
would you like to explain the several reasons why MK > snake? or at least link it? because I have asked pro-ban side many times how snake > MK besides gimp, and i've never gotten an answer
MK has aerial superiority.
MK has offstage superiority.
Disjointed hitboxes as in Dtilt(perfectly spaced)>Snake's Ftilt(first hit), Utilt, and grenade.
Minimal lag and start up.
Mk can both rack up damage easily and his D-smash, Up-B, and Gair have good knockback.
Jesiah's paragraph seemed biased as well stating good things about snake, good tactics for MK, but not MK's strengths.

Um, there? I'm not a MK main, so this is just general things. =/

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
they came down to my place and we crew battled, we lost though by 7 stocks, using our 1, 2, 5, and worst best XD so you in a crew?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
MK has aerial superiority.
MK has offstage superiority.
Disjointed hitboxes as in Dtilt(perfectly spaced)>Snake's Ftilt(first hit), Utilt, and grenade.
Minimal lag and start up.
Mk can both rack up damage easily and his D-smash, Up-B, and Gair have good knockback.
Jesiah's paragraph seemed biased as well stating good things about snake, good tactics for MK, but not MK's strengths.

Um, there? I'm not a MK main, so this is just general things. =/
agreed with aerial game. however, who said snake HAS to go aerial? he can just stay on the ground all the time, like most snakes do (cept for godly nair).

dtilt has a disjointed hitbox? not sure about that...and yea it outranges them, but they do much more danage. besides, how often are you going to be just far away not go get hit by ftilt but to get a dtilt hit? not often. unless its a major range difference (snake and d3 utilt lul), then its not much.

lag and startup, yea.

dsmash should NOT be spammed. i know this as a MK mainer. spam it, you get predictable and it gets decayed as a KO move. up-b, sure, but its more of a situational killing move, not a damage racker. gair (lol were using that now?) kills at HIGH %'s...like 150% for snake. i think.

oh did i mention snakes insane grabbing game? MK has...dgrab to fair. snake has...dgrab to...ALOT of things lol.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
sorry to spoil the *****fest in here but the SBR voting closed. 15 on the ban side vs 35 on the anti-ban side, as opposed to 15 vs 29 from the last vote.

I wouldn't count on a MK ban any time soon.
Oh well. Looks like I'll have to brush up on my MK skills...

But everyone around here ****ing plays Marth and G&W.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
lol. LOL. i...could not care less how you think of me. oh noes, i cannot respond to my opponent so i insult them. well, BOOHOO. try to contribute instead of insulting me. it doesnt help your case, at all
Could do, but your points have already been rebuked several times in the past by many people, and I know OS and I have as well. What would be the point, especially considering your ideas seem to get more and more ********.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
agreed with aerial game. however, who said snake HAS to go aerial? he can just stay on the ground all the time, like most snakes do (cept for godly nair).
Cause MK totally isn't forcing Snake into the air. let alne that snake's Nair isn't godly it can be DI'ed out of.
dtilt has a disjointed hitbox?
Isn't it already disjinted

Disjoint=not part of body.
not sure about that...
O_O
and yea it outranges them, but they do much more damage.
Ike's Fsmash does much more damage than Mk's Dtilt. So is better m i rite.
great move m i rite?
besides, how often are you going to be just far away not go get hit by ftilt but to get a dtilt hit? not often. unless its a major range difference (snake and d3 utilt lul), then its not much.
You don't need to perfectly space the Dtilt let alone its not hard t space the Dtilt. Marth's space their tipper very well.

oh did i mention snakes insane grabbing game? MK has...dgrab to fair. snake has...dgrab to...ALOT of things lol.
Snake has to actually grab MK of course which doesn't happen often enough.

BentoBox

Smash Master
@Brin: Your input will be considered when you've proven you are not crap at this game. Because you still fail to come across as anything but a giant toolbox.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol. LOL. i...could not care less how you think of me.
Good! This is the first step towards maturity. The second step is realizing that what other people think IS important, but you shouldn't take it to heart. Despite what you and Inui, with your egocentric minds, might think, other people have important information (even information you might not have!) to add to any discussion. Tell me when you get there.

oh noes, i cannot respond to my opponent so i insult them. well, BOOHOO.
Hmmm... well you got the insult part right so I know you can read. But you have to ask yourself what our insult was. Did we call you something random? No, we used the word "********", which would imply that you are stupid. This, combined with the post(s?) it refers to would imply that we get this idea from YOUR ideas and opinions. Silly things like "disjointed? I don't think so" when referencing, well, any of Metaknight's moves, would lead us to believe this.

try to contribute instead of insulting me. it doesnt help your case, at all
You know how nature colors dangerous animals bright colors so people know to avoid them? We color bad posters with the color "********". It's a combination of arrogance and youth with a complete lack of information; it's difficult to get that hue with the older generation, but still possible.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Could do, but your points have already been rebuked several times in the past by many people, and I know OS and I have as well. What would be the point, especially considering your ideas seem to get more and more ********.
...i have responded on the lat page, in case you missed it. they have not getting more ********, you just cant respond to them. stfu try to do something productive please

wow. are you saying that MK's dtilt is disjointed??????

/facepalm.

i thought my views on you could not get any lower. i didnt think it was possible. apparently it is. running in on a flame free (a first!) discussion, and calling me ********. well guess what? gtfo or contribute. your choice

§leepy God

Smash Master
After having to face a few good Meta Knight's in some underground tourneys, I'll have to say it's still too soon for the ban. I'm sure that if we improve the meta game a bit, we may find a weakness to Meta Knight that's not picking another Meta Knight.

But if we can't find a cure to the Meta Knightids, then I'll say he can get the ban hammer. But it wouldn't feel right playing with a minus chracter though.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Skill at the game is entirely relative. Submitting to those who spend more hours of their life playing Brawl is just submitting to an oligarchy. If you don't like playing MKs, don't play against MKs. It's just a game, folks. When it stops being fun, something's gotta give.

aeghrur

Smash Champion

dtilt has a disjointed hitbox? not sure about that...and yea it outranges them, but they do much more danage. besides, how often are you going to be just far away not go get hit by ftilt but to get a dtilt hit? not often. unless its a major range difference (snake and d3 utilt lul), then its not much.

lag and startup, yea.

dsmash should NOT be spammed. i know this as a MK mainer. spam it, you get predictable and it gets decayed as a KO move. up-b, sure, but its more of a situational killing move, not a damage racker. gair (lol were using that now?) kills at HIGH %'s...like 150% for snake. i think.

Snake will go aerial sooner or later because MK will force him there. Same with offstage.
All of Mk's moves are basically disjointed. Lol. As in they're not part of his body as SL said. Dtilt is good because it's pretty safe, has IASA frames, and can, with perfect spacing, outrange Snake's 3 moves. Besides, since when didn't pros have amazing to perfect spacing?
Dsmash doesn't need to be spammed to hit. It starts on frame 5, lol, it can't be impossible to land.
Oh, and Snake's insane grabbing game isn't as great as you think. Sure, you CAN do up to 30-50%, you CAN also kill snake with MK using U-airs to Tornado chain. Thing is, it doesn't happen as often as you wished. Besides, MK's sword+aerials>grab range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom