• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XIV: Not for a long time.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Oh my! We have another MM challenger haha. Gonna fill up my wallet at this, folks :)

I never thought my champ bones0 would trash talk WV! Looking forward to playing everyone =D

Edit: I see u lurking, Poehlcat. Better prepare for that Richmond crew battle vs. WV, imo!

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
I'm a random scrub from Chestertown Hall who's never been to a tournament before. Should I come and get my *** kicked?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm not coming I have work, next event you end up at. We can MM.

:phone:
Weak :( Then we should just up the stakes for next time and do $20 instead. Can't just trash on WV like that! Hopefully we'll play soon =D

I'm a random scrub from Chestertown Hall who's never been to a tournament before. Should I come and get my *** kicked?
You should definitely head up! It seems like there's gonna be quite a few new players to the scene coming up. 5 guys from Baltimore, plus WV is bringing a few new faces as well. You'll definitely learn a lot and almost surely will find some people on your level =D

Anyway, definitely getting hyped for this tournament, looking forward to playing all of you. Don't mind my trash talk if it offends you, I always troll on the boards LOL. I'm hoping to play everyone this time cause I always miss out on that lol.

Also, Plank (or Bones, or anyone) that has extra gamecube AV cables. Mind if I get a spare? We can do one of those sketch MMs that Plank devised if you want haha.

Shake

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, first of all I'm new to smash brothers- just bought the game a few years ago. Second of all, I was looking at this tournament because I live in West Virginia and wanted to see what it was like for myself. I noticed there are some other WV smashers (is that how you'd say it?) and I'd like to get in contact and come play!!!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yo Shake! It's good to see new WV smashers =D I see you're located in Morgantown, and that's actually where the KrazyKrew resides! You are welcome to tag along, and we'll smash some beforehand and show you what WV is all about (flashy tech skill, that is) Maybe you can pick up some of our tricks up before the tournament :)

-WV

Shake

Smash Rookie
Yeah, no doubt. I'll send you a PM and we'll talk. I haven't had anyone good to play against, but I learn fast. Maybe you guys will let me in your crew XD

CTL17

Smash Lord
Hey! I used to live in Chestertown!! You can always come to hang around; you'll learn a lot (and about chess club), and perhaps we can play more often during the semester.

I actually probably will not make it too this now. Deceased family member johns....
I'm really sorry for your loss. You should spend your time with your family then.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
How fitting that Chestertown is where half of the current CP smashers came from.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
plank, open to another cube MM? both of mine die pretty frequently :(

Byped

Smash Cadet
plank, open to another cube MM? both of mine die pretty frequently :(
I have never owned a gc nor do I get to play that often. If you had a gc up for grabs I'd be glad to MM for it, sketch-style. it would do wonders for my techskill -.-...

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
Unfortunately most Chestertown residents...heck, most of the campus is addicted to LoL, so it's tough to find people to smash with. I ended up playing with the same few friends. I'll see if I can round up some people to come. I'm from Connecticut, and I didn't start playing melee seriously until I got here. I barely even knew there was such thing as competitive smash. I just used to play Brawl with items with my friends, but then I caught the melee bug :) Last year fall semester we actually had a tournament in the social lounge that inspired me to get better. I just remember some guy with insanely long hair won. Looking forward to checking it out on Saturday!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
gonna be awesome to see u hova, travis is coming too. maybe kaiser? RAWR REUNION

CTL17

Smash Lord
Unfortunately most Chestertown residents...heck, most of the campus is addicted to LoL, so it's tough to find people to smash with. I ended up playing with the same few friends. I'll see if I can round up some people to come. I'm from Connecticut, and I didn't start playing melee seriously until I got here. I barely even knew there was such thing as competitive smash. I just used to play Brawl with items with my friends, but then I caught the melee bug :) Last year fall semester we actually had a tournament in the social lounge that inspired me to get better. I just remember some guy with insanely long hair won. Looking forward to checking it out on Saturday!
Did Winston win that? I thought Wenbo won that. Anyway, I didn't know you were at that tourney. A lot of people who play with us went there to "recruit," lol. But yeah, ever since we left C-Town, the place has been relatively smash-less other than Shane (who stopped playing really early) and Hauhau, as far as I know.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I have never owned a gc nor do I get to play that often. If you had a gc up for grabs I'd be glad to MM for it, sketch-style. it would do wonders for my techskill -.-...

Getting yourself in trouble already, Byped? Gotta work on those wavedashes first ;)

Yo Shake! Glad to hear you're down for smashing, i'll PM you my contact info, we'll smash tonight. Prepare to be taught the way of Krazy WV foxes =D

This tournament is looking very solid. Think we might hit 40 registrants?

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
Did Winston win that? I thought Wenbo won that. Anyway, I didn't know you were at that tourney. A lot of people who play with us went there to "recruit," lol. But yeah, ever since we left C-Town, the place has been relatively smash-less other than Shane (who stopped playing really early) and Hauhau, as far as I know.
I'm not sure. I think my memory just assumes that the hair was the victor, haha. I used to get my *** kicked from time to time by Shane and Greg last year, but Shane barely played Spring Semester and then transferred to GMU and Greg moved out. I played a lot with Hauhau, his Falcon and Gannondorf are a lot of fun. There's still a couple people on our floor that I play with, and apparently some Freshmen play too. Smash still has a pulse in Chestertown :).

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
That's awesome :D reminds me of when I was in ctown lol. Definitely see if more people can come, UMCP melee must stay alive.

Btw, I'm Hau's cousin David. Some advice for his ganon - just wait for an inevitable wizard's foot and punish :awesome:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It figures that MD's biggest winter tourney falls on the only day we're gonna get snow all winter.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
MS has so many things now. Everything changes too fast.

I read that weather. (Helps that my dad studies meteorology, but that actually has zero impact on reading weather.)
I quit after bein hacked but still pop on for friends.

Hey new guys from Baltimore, you should play us old guys from Baltimore sometime if you're close to Catonsville.

I remember when Baltimore area had the highest concentration of Smashers in MD (Team Ben-Vist-Bmore's Finest-Hova-people that were not Hova......etc) for a bit. And my Bi-weeklies and Catonsville Bi-weeklies!...Nostalgia

Top Bottom