• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked XIV: Not for a long time.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Since it's too late to make a poll for this thread, I'll do a makeshift one, using everyone's responses.

Edit: Time is now fixed. We now have the room from 8am to 11pm. So... I'll be in the room at like 10am or something.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
honestly, it's the end of may very nearly. you can scrounge up $5 from all your spare change you'll accumulate from now to then. yes to venue fee.

edit: wait i'm probably not even gonna be here, why did i post lol

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
That's enough people that voted venue fee right :awesome:

In all seriousness, I think it's just bad practice taking it from the pot (despite probably not winning any of it for myself) and I think most people would agree

CTL17

Smash Lord
Alright, venue fee wins, although I sense bias in a few. As always, venue fee is waived per full setup and spectating is free.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Alright, venue fee wins, although I sense bias in a few. As always, venue fee is waived per full setup and spectating is free.
Taking away from the pot takes away from the spirit of competition IMO
Even if some the people posting are favorites to win the tournament I think most people will agree

Also you'd be taking out like half the pot if around 30 people showed up <_<
Obviously we hope for more, but ...

Bones0

Smash Legend
You should do no Melee top tiers allowed in P:M, and just start it as doubles finishes up and let it run through the recess. If necessary, cap it so it can finish within an hour. I also doubt we'll have 60 people again (though maybe I might eat my words if anyone OoS decides to show).

CTL17

Smash Lord
You should do no Melee top tiers allowed in P:M, and just start it as doubles finishes up and let it run through the recess. If necessary, cap it so it can finish within an hour. I also doubt we'll have 60 people again (though maybe I might eat my words if anyone OoS decides to show).
We're going to have MD/VA residents that were away for college, but we will also be missing MD/VA college attendees that live elsewhere. Not sure which category has more people.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Oh, and before I forget: Please bring extension cords!!!

That room is NOT going to fit a national. Room cap is 139, but that is assuming lecture settings. Last time, there was only one place left to fit a setup before filling in the middle of the room.

And watch as it randomly snows. (Hail is legitimately possible, though.)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Bones is gonna be eating his words when it miracle snows in the middle of May ...

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Teams is where the magic happens. Meaning miracle snow/surprise hail? Not quite.
Anyway super hype! Let's get some West coast action at this because that would make sense.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
You should make an fb event for this so randoms on campus will come :awesome:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
damn so im planning on busting a NUT at this tournament!!! (not literally but figuratively). I hope hova and savedge both make it, my 2 favorite savages.

raft teams?!?!?!? we will get some sessions in before this date i promise, ill come up to the fredneck. team "were gonna win", transformed into team "we'll prolly get 3rd or possibly 2nd"

ill money match everyone with my DK $2 best of 3, im autobanning faggy characters like samus and YL and doc and stuff. i challenge all

will richmond bring up my gamecube to this pleeeeease?!?!?! been dyin without it

Ghostype

Smash Champion
damn so im planning on busting a NUT at this tournament!!! (not literally but figuratively). I hope hova and savedge both make it, my 2 favorite savages.

raft teams?!?!?!? we will get some sessions in before this date i promise, ill come up to the fredneck. team "were gonna win", transformed into team "we'll prolly get 3rd or possibly 2nd"

ill money match everyone with my DK $2 best of 3, im autobanning faggy characters like samus and YL and doc and stuff. i challenge all

will richmond bring up my gamecube to this pleeeeease?!?!?! been dyin without it
Money match my Samoose!

CTL17

Smash Lord
damn so im planning on busting a NUT at this tournament!!! (not literally but figuratively)
I can bring some edible nuts for you to smash with. Yeah that's right. Get 4-stocked by nuts. (Sincerest apologies to those with nut allergies.)

On a more serious note, should we do pools if we reach a threshold?

Shana-chan

Smash Rookie
This is after finals, though. Unless you're older than I think.

Do you have contact with the other JHU smashers?
I do have contact with other JHU smashers. It's more of a matter of getting down to the tourney since no one will be around here. They kick everyone except seniors off campus on the 17th. Hopefully some of them will stick around for the tourney though.

CTL17

Smash Lord
I do have contact with other JHU smashers. It's more of a matter of getting down to the tourney since no one will be around here. They kick everyone except seniors off campus on the 17th. Hopefully some of them will stick around for the tourney though.
Well yeah, CP is the same. The underclassmen here are forced out too, so we might not get as many CP players as last time, but we do get the old MD/VA players that came back from their colleges.

Top Bottom