• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
i discovered the bair like 2 years ago and was obsessed with it for a while.

when i look back on old vids, i was like "hungry-sheik", i would do nothing but look for different ways to set up bair walls.

autocancel fairs give u a better rush down though i feel.

bairs only work againt aggression when people run into it.

my good friend once compared sheik to a great tennis player in the sense that she has a good forehand and backhand. She hits hard both ways

Kone

Smash Master
Need help regarding autocancels.

1. What moves should I autocancel?
2. In response to the above question how do i autocancel them?
3. When do I use auto cancelled moves and for what purpose?
4. When do i opt to autocancel over lcancelling a move?

Thankyou :)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Need help regarding autocancels.

1. What moves should I autocancel?
2. In response to the above question how do i autocancel them?
3. When do I use auto cancelled moves and for what purpose?
4. When do i opt to autocancel over lcancelling a move?

Thankyou :)
I had the same questions. Here's soaps thread + response to save him some time.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237956

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Fox is really gay discuss.
I concur.But I think Falco's gayer.

But Fox is pretty gay. I try to play really defensive and it works well. And techchase 0-death combo's <3. But I hate getting hit by the first hit of the drill and knowing I'm going to get drill -->shine-->upsmash or grabbed no matter what.

P.S. I know you are supposed to DI away, but that didn't seem to change anything when I was getting combo'd. Is their shine-->upsmash guaranteed or is there anything that can be done. D-smash?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I concur.But I think Falco's gayer.

But Fox is pretty gay. I try to play really defensive and it works well. And techchase 0-death combo's <3. But I hate getting hit by the first hit of the drill and knowing I'm going to get drill -->shine-->upsmash or grabbed no matter what.

P.S. I know you are supposed to DI away, but that didn't seem to change anything when I was getting combo'd. Is their shine-->upsmash guaranteed or is there anything that can be done. D-smash?
You can Smash DI the shine away or forward to mess up the spacing. I don't think smash DI'ing avoids the combo though just makes it harder. Quite a few lol moments happen when Foxes try to waveshine me and I smash DI it away making them have to hold forward just a bit longer and they illusion/phantasm off the stage.

You can dsmash or grab if you were shined in the air (like nair -> shine the nair can pop you up).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you can SDI the drill to be out of shine range too, or SDI behind them and when you get shined they will be like "wtf whered you go?" unless the fox is kels or m2k.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
sheik basically goes even with the spacies. all things equal, the better player almost always wins. i think she has a slight disadvantage against fox, only cuz it's stage dependent. if every stage was like battlefield with normal edges, think the matchup would be dead even. forilla gorilla.

ice climbers are the only really bad matchup, IMO. the only person that apparently knows the matchups is plank, and i'm surprised he hasn't said more about the matchup. i believe KK has posted he thinks it's even or slightly in sheik's favor, but i dunno. i think it's borderline **** in ic's favor.

the only 3 reasons i'd ever switch to a diff char other than sheik:
-specific players(friends, really bad players, really good players)
-counterpick stages(cruise, floats, corneria, mute)
-ice climbers----****. me. painfully. in. azz

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Chu constantly ***** the **** out of me with IC. It's only somewhat close when I'm other characters :/ he has been 2 stocking my sheik most of the time lately... the cg is just too much

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
It's not THAT bad. I've beaten all other IC players I've played basically (except wobbles, but I was real off that day and would like another chance)

Chu is probably a better player than me as a whole (even tho i **** all his other chars so senseless LMAO) but he definitely shouldn't be -******- me when I can compete with the best of players really well. I think the matchup is just too fickle... you say don't make a mistake and don't get grabbed and that's easy to do when you are way better than a player. But when the player is your level they WILL find ways to grab, and that just eats sheik alive so hard o_O

Luma

Smash Lord
i think the reason why you guys have so much trouble with ic's is because of ntsc, with that kinda dthrow you dont see/need what sheik is really made of
i remember a thread here from P where he was talking about sh back fair like a couple month ago while in europe stuff like that comes with picking up sheik ^^
with plattforms and needles you can nearly outcamp every char (even though ofc it can be very hard) and ofc spaced shffl'ed fairs are beasting everyone ^^

soap

Smash Hero
if u have platforms its possible not to get grabbed. U just keep wavelanding into moves and running.

i did decent last year against chu in pittsburgh. he 2-0'd me, but they were both close 1 stocks. He read my escape routes and uaired and tech chased off that alot. No other IC's i played had the balls to follow me up there so haphazardly.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i did decent last year against chu in pittsburgh. he 2-0'd me, but they were both close 1 stocks. He read my escape routes and uaired and tech chased off that alot. No other IC's i played had the balls to follow me up there so haphazardly.
EDIT: So what IC's players don't have the balls to uair a Sheik from beneath a platform? Ballsy, indeed ...

>_>

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
i disagree. the platforms on stadium disappear, the dreamland ones are too high, and you basically have to use a ban on fd. and what cp stages can sheik even use against ic's?

fod is probably the best choice, maybe battlefield but only if they don't ban it.

bananarama

Smash Rookie
i disagree. the platforms on stadium disappear, the dreamland ones are too high, and you basically have to use a ban on fd. and what cp stages can sheik even use against ic's?

fod is probably the best choice, maybe battlefield but only if they don't ban it.
Wouldn't cping Cruise and Floats do more damage to IC's game than to Shiek's?

soap

Smash Hero
most ics dont leave the ground so much cuz they get ***** if they miss. It's dangerous to chase people to the top platform if u r floaty and slow.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Brinstar?

I don't endorse the counterpick because I think FoD and Battlefield are sufficient but Sheik is really good against them there. Nana doesn't get jump back from the acid and you can split the level for camping purposes. Lava breaks up chain grabbing and wobbling, you can hide behind tentacles to charge needles...

Tons of stupid stuff there.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
btw, we need to have a real stage discussion. i'm pretty sure sheik does great every neutral cept FD, but i think she's just average on the cp stages. sheik is horrrrrrible on mute city.

Drephen

Smash Master
go battlefield against fox and falco

jungle **** against falcon

FD against peach and marth and samus

shiek ditto ?

IC (still havent found a decent one)

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
go battlefield against fox and falco

jungle **** against falcon

FD against peach and marth and samus

shiek ditto ?

IC (still havent found a decent one)

drephen is a cool guy. and he's not bad at using that sheik character

how does sheik do on cruise and corneria? i think cruise is ok, but the corneria vs a fox is tough ****. and i think found a solution for mute city: turn into zelda

soap

Smash Hero
corneria isnt that bad. stay in the pit and techchase. camp the finvincibility like a homo

if u have to fight up top. dash attack > usmash for kills

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like to uair on Corneria. A lot of people won't di up the wing in fear of being u-smashed, but they also won't di off to the front of Greatfox because the walls are close and they don't want to die to her fair at a dumb percent. So they stay in the middle and I do uair.

Drephen

Smash Master
drephen is a cool guy. and he's not bad at using that sheik character

how does sheik do on cruise and corneria? i think cruise is ok, but the corneria vs a fox is tough ****. and i think found a solution for mute city: turn into zelda
lol the m2k strat. I couldnt beat m2k's marth at the time so i choose corneria and he went fox and i beat him lol

vs fox on corneria isnt that bad just gotta play smart and stay on the ****ing ground. Espcially when they have the higher ground (star wars lol) never fall for their ****.

i honestly think shiek is good on any stage in the game except rainbow cruise and pokefloats. All others she is either good or decent on.

counterpick jigglypuff on corneria btw.

come on shiek players you gotta pick janky stages i tired of just seeing shiek players picking battlefield over and over again (im guilty too lol)

Cia

das kwl
lol The M2k Strat. I Couldnt Beat M2k's Marth At The Time So I Choose Corneria And He Went Fox And I Beat Him Lol

Vs Fox On Corneria Isnt That Bad Just Gotta Play Smart And Stay On The ****ing Ground. Espcially When They Have The Higher Ground (star Wars Lol) Never Fall For Their ****.

I Honestly Think Shiek Is Good On Any Stage In The Game Except Rainbow Cruise And Pokefloats. All Others She Is Either Good Or Decent On.

counterpick Jigglypuff On Corneria Btw.

Come On Shiek Players You Gotta Pick Janky Stages I Tired Of Just Seeing Shiek Players Picking Battlefield Over And Over Again
(im Guilty Too Lol)

This! Reno!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Does Corneria work against Marths without Fox secondaries?

I know there aren't any anymore but hypothetically would it work?

Dreamland is awesome against Marth.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Drephen... or someone, what're good janky stages vs Fox/Falco??? Also please explain why if possible. :D

I feel like if they ban BF I'm ****ed because FoD isn't in my favor enough lol. BF ftw.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Drephen... or someone, what're good janky stages vs Fox/Falco??? Also please explain why if possible. :D

I feel like if they ban BF I'm ****ed because FoD isn't in my favor enough lol. BF ftw.
There are none.

Seriously... I don't think I can think of one. Just go brinstar and pray they don't know how to play on it.

sup sheik boards

I ****
ROFL

Too good ^__^

Does Corneria work against Marths without Fox secondaries?

I know there aren't any anymore but hypothetically would it work?

Dreamland is awesome against Marth.
IMO yes.

Marth loses a lot of his power since the stage is MASSIVE horizontally. Tipper fsmash loses a lot of its potency.

Top Bottom