• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's pretty relevant when you're sent to the corner with a character that has good horizontal

I had no idea I was in the Sheik boards

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I think it's impossible to die in the upper blastzone without suffering hitstun and/or KB of some kind, so yeah, it would definitely save someone if he DI'd perfectly into the corner.

That video illustrates perfectly why Sheik needs those DJ options or she's as good as dead anyway.

Gea

Smash Master
I think it's impossible to die in the upper blastzone without suffering hitstun and/or KB of some kind, so yeah, it would definitely save someone if he DI'd perfectly into the corner.

That video illustrates perfectly why Sheik needs those DJ options or she's as good as dead anyway.
It's pretty relevant when you're sent to the corner with a character that has good horizontal

I had no idea I was in the Sheik boards
It's still less relevant than one would think because jumping is not going to save you from dying off the top and unless you are directly in the corner it either means you could have DI'd better or you aren't making it back after using your DJ that early.

And the distance it saves you is way lower than you would think. It's only something like 1-2 character lengths from the blastzone if that from what I could test. So the situations where it would actually save you from blastzone death and allow you to make it back to the stage are very, very situational. Most of the time it either is not going to save you from the blastzone or you won't need it.

Draxraven

Smash Rookie
I hope this thread is good for my vids :) .

Hello guys, happy new year. My name is Draxraven (don't ask what it means, because i create this name when i was an English noobish ), i'm from France, I main Sheik and Fox. But I would like to improve my Sheik to become a pur Sheik player.

So There are many videos of my Sheik. I hope you could give me some advice to analyse and improve my gameplay. Spend a good time !

This set was against Qlex, a great and sympathic Ganondorf from France (pal) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2z6FXJ95vY 00:00 to 03:37 (I play Sheik)

This set was against Darko, a french Sheik/Falcon player :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_vGnp-0mwk (These are pal Sheik dittos)

This is another set against Darko, unfortunately it is in black & white, i hope you will enjoy see this : (Pal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdtbnUtkWHQ

Have a good day guys !

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Not everyone knows how to read >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KugHotDl9Uw&t=2m42s
Almost a janky combo

I promise other almost cool combos if you watch the whole set :p
Watched the whole set. I'm not great enough to criticize your neutral game yet other than missed follow ups when you hesitated or chose the wrong move.

Spacies love to go to the edge though with that firefox. By game three you started covering it with needles and that was when the momentum swung and you two stocked him. Just look for it sooner - another way to cover it at a little lower percents is with run off fair. With needles they can sometimes up-b sweetspot the needles at lower percents, fair they can't.

Just sayin because game one and two if you would have hit him once with it you had the game and I was rooting for you lol.

Keep improvin man. Oh and there were some sick edgeguards. Like the last one. The tipped upsmash was pretty too

darkatma

Smash Hero
My opinion is that most sheik players suck because they think they can get by without working on tech skill

Yeah, I agree with avoiding the run off fair in case they decide to go high (and then shine spike you :facepalm:), but I mean after you'd successfully needled the opponent and they were forced to Firefox again with you right in front of them. That was just my take on it...
If you could point out specific circumstances that would be helpful to me probably :p
There were many a botched edgeguard where I should've noted his position after the needle and done something quicker.

Spife

Smash Master
Darkatma, do you have a list of techskill you practice/think is important?

:phone:

Postphone: also I'll critique one of the vids soon.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm just going to hover around KK during Apex and just memorize everything he does. Hopefully I won't throw his game off by being shirtless (that was part of the agreement for allowing me to hover over him like a school girl at a Drake concert).

I liked what I saw during game 1 on BF, Atma. Although I personally would have run off and bair'd a few times when your needles left him coming up, but to each his own. I really like your style and approaches :D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
My opinion is that most sheik players suck because they think they can get by without working on tech skill
Completely disagree with this one. IMO Tech is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper important. im just bad cus im bad lol

unknown522

Some guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xXzMlOcnQ
set 2

Yeah my edgeguarding still needs a lot of work. I botch quite a few things that I know i'd be able to hit. I avoid run off fair because if they decide to go on stage it's actually a pretty big risk and you lose positional advantage.

All the sets are on my account darkatma on youtube though.
I can tell you what moves you could've done to make your combos better. A lot of combos were (or sometimes would've been) dropped due to poor move selection, but we either went on because of really bad DI / missed techs, or he was completely out and he would just make really really poor approach decisions.

Man, despite the 2 SDs game 2, it wasn't close. Judging off that vid, either that guy had a bad day, or he's just not a challenge

But yeah, lemme know.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I can tell you what moves you could've done to make your combos better. A lot of combos were (or sometimes would've been) dropped due to poor move selection, but we either went on because of really bad DI / missed techs, or he was completely out and he would just make really really poor approach decisions.

Man, despite the 2 SDs game 2, it wasn't close. Judging off that vid, either that guy had a bad day, or he's just not a challenge

But yeah, lemme know.

sounds good, hit me up on aim or something :p (darkatmawpon), my spacies game is one of my weaker games

Pretty sure deku was having a bad day, especially by set 2 his mindset was gone. That or we're just MW and suck

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77xXzMlOcnQ
set 2

Yeah my edgeguarding still needs a lot of work. I botch quite a few things that I know i'd be able to hit. I avoid run off fair because if they decide to go on stage it's actually a pretty big risk and you lose positional advantage.

All the sets are on my account darkatma on youtube though.
I like your use of dair in reset and pressure situations. Seems like you've picked up a couple more tricks since we played :)

Spife

Smash Master
dash -> cc -> ftilt to good
also you can store needles with z = whaaaaat

omg i should make a meme where there's a pic of slow poke and he talks about stuff people already knew about!

edit because the sequence was dash to cc to fair and that doesn't make a lot of sense, BUT TO FTILT IS SO GOOD

Top Bottom