• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
When exactly should I use her Usmash?

I know its a good move and all but I just have not seemed to add it in my game. So when are the instances on which I should use it?
combo into it

dthrow usmash on marth sometimes.

fastfallers are easy to combo into usmashes. dash attack > usmash, dair > usmash, utilt > usmash. pretty much any launcher, tech chase usmash to usmash, shffl uair to usmash etc.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Jump 4 frames, bair 4 frames, so at least 8.
you're airborne frame 4, so it overlaps with the bair's startup if you do it as fast as possible

so 7, actually

/nitpick

Sheik's u-smash is alright.

You kill off the top with it as a combo finisher and toss it into combos to extend them where applicable. Sometimes it's decent after jab resets or if you predict / guess a non-tech / tech stand of a space animal / Falcon.

It's usable on most getup attacks (which is pretty much only relevant vs. space animals and Falcon 'cuz otherwise regrab leads to better stuff). If you think Fox or Falco is going to waveshine through you, it's also good.

You can also gamble her invincibility timing (her arms are invincible during it) against their move / motion and try to score some KOs or combo extensions that way.

There's probably more but those are what I use it for... it's not always the best choice (or even a legitimate choice) because of its speed but it's got some really useful traits (invincibility, can be done out of shield, alternate knockbacks, etc.) so you can come up with good applications.

soap

Smash Hero
I use it out of shield alot against sloppy jigglypuff spacing on their crossover aerials. tipper kills early. If they pound your shield its an easy usmash too

WHA?

Smash Ace
Go **** yourself soap and KK.

Combo Breaker
Reported.....

ok so SoCal has been overrun with peaches, im comfortable with em
but i need some stage advice
i took a peach to FoD..... i liked it, but idk of it was dumb..... inkow brinstar is a ban

gm jack

Smash Lord
I don't think DL64 is all that bad vs Peach. Even though she becomes harder to kill, you get a lot of space to move around in and abuse her slow movement and prevent her huge hit boxes cornering you. Similar to why CF likes it vs everyone.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I agree. In a lot of cases, even, the margins of the blastzone are a nonissue because you'll be taking stocks from edgeguards rather than just sending Peach across the threshold. <3 needles.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I use it out of shield alot against sloppy jigglypuff spacing on their crossover aerials. tipper kills early. If they pound your shield its an easy usmash too
I used to do that but then I found Nair and Bair easier to follow most of the time and I've mostly switched. It can actually kill before 130 though and with a bad DI you can sometimes link a Bair. If you manage to link an Uair as a result of some bad anti-combo decisions on their part, you can sometimes link a third move (which is dandy, considering it's Puff).

At lower percents I shield grab Pounds (if low enough) or Uair OOS (high) but I really should start using Usmash on the high misspaced ones; Uair doesn't lead to combos for me often in practice because they have what seems like a whole second to see they're laggy and punishable and should therefore hold away.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Reported.....

ok so SoCal has been overrun with peaches, im comfortable with em
but i need some stage advice
i took a peach to FoD..... i liked it, but idk of it was dumb..... inkow brinstar is a ban
LooooL.

As for stages, ban Final Destination. Always.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik is actually fine on brinstar vs peach but you don't really play smash so much as you play "avoid lava and make lava > uair / fair / needles / more lava happen to them".

for me i don't know about what to pick vs peach. last good peaches i fought in tourney were doh and vanz and i beat them on fd but doh almost won there and vanz won game 1 there so idk. i like yoshi's story and battlefield more. fod i dislike but idk if that's just me or what. fd is good for peach on paper, i think. but idk.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Yoshi's is my favourite CP against Peach. It seems like they tend to ban Battlefield, anyway. I really dislike FoD's troll platforms in that matchup.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Stages that I like for Sheik vs Peach
PS/Yoshis/BF/FD

Stages I hate vs Peach
FoD/DL

Brinstar is fine vs Peach.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I agree. In a lot of cases, even, the margins of the blastzone are a nonissue because you'll be taking stocks from edgeguards rather than just sending Peach across the threshold. <3 needles.
how do you edgeguard peach with needles?

soap

Smash Hero
if u slap her kinda low and steal her second jump with a needle. otherwise she generally comes in too high and u have to bair, or fake a bair and take the edge

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like Dreamland against Peach. I get to abuse Sheik's mobility more. The blastlines aren't that big of a deal to me.
Otherwise I really like Stadium in the match-up.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Dreamland is my favorite stage in the game
Is this a good stage for sheik in general? I see M2K go there a lot

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dl64 and stadium are my favourite stages vs peach, I don't really like picking fod against peaches lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I like my easy grab combo kills at a reasonable percent.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^ So you usually camp Peach with needles til she's at 100%+ then go for kill moves?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think the most important thing about dl is you gain the space to get out of her traps easier @_@

gm jack

Smash Lord
^ So you usually camp Peach with needles til she's at 100%+ then go for kill moves?
No, but it's far harder for a Peach to corner you on DL64 than FD or YS. Peach is slow, but has great moves and float cancels. If I'm going to fight her, I prefer to do it on my terms.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Stadium is one of my favourite places to take floaties in general. Partly because I just really hate YS, and always have (when I play marth I often still ban it). Pretty rare i counterpick anything other than BF or PS.

And yeh I agree with spawn. Not interested in counterpicking dreamland to counterpick platforms all day against peach. Though I might do it a fair bit should the peach counterpick me to it :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What are some basic Ganon tips? Would look through a match up thread but I'm about to go to bed so I'm going to check this in the morning lol
If he's on the ground just abuse movement and bait > punish him. If he likes to jump just stuff his moves with your faster aerials.

Ganon's biggest weakness is that his moves, being relatively slower than yours, has to do them earlier to win clashes. So if you just play to exploit that, you'll **** him. Be aware his range is very big, though, so spacing against him is like spacing vs Marth's F-smash at all times (even when airborne).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I don't find peach's traps to be especially dangerous when playing sheik. You have more range than her and peach's traps generally rely on you walking into them or trying to bust out recklessly. On the contrary, I think peach has a very difficult time escaping sheik's traps.

edit- for the record i think this MU is quite even

Top Bottom