• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Na I doubt it.

On that note yo Im getting really ****ing pissed about dealing with invincibilty. Like when you **** them a stock then they come back and kill you. Alot of times i feel like **** man he was invincible the entire time and it gave him momemtem.

I always mix it up though. Shino stalling running past them run up sheild. dash dance bait. all that ****.

Ugh just something stupid I be dealing with. Not hard but annoying really.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tech chasing Samus. That's something I never thought I'd hear (in the context of Sheik).
I believe Zolar is European, thus plays PAL, making far more sense in this case.
i've hit falcons who are recovering extremely low with both of those moves. if you time it really well you will hit falcon when his leg is above his head. 4th frame of dsmash iirc. the needle must be like directly above his leg to hit

i'm just wondering if the sheik times & spaces it perfectly and the falcon is as low as possible, if the falcon will grab the ledge or get hit
The question is moreso whether Falcon will grab Sheik with his Up-B or if Sheik's Down-Smash hits Falcon. Assuming perfect timing, I'm leaning toward Sheik's Down-Smash winning unless Falcon recovers backwards. honestly I'd rather do downtilt or forwardtilt and combo into Fair in that situation.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Strong Bad: Yes, I am from Sweden.

Salevits: I thought Neutroni had quit? :O Also you going to Tampora 2? If so see you there then :)

gm jack

Smash Lord
Guyz help me improve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0gO_P2Waus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFbxNnK1gZg

^ Me losing 4 times, so there must be something to say. :bee:
Quite a few of your rolls, especially out of predicted and punished. Neutroni is really good, so you have to watch those rolls. Try WDing oos, so then if you see him Fsashing after you etc, you can bring your shield up again.

Jabbed his shield a lot, without many mix up on the number of jabs, which seemed to get you shield grabbed by the marth a lot. Try mixing up your approaches with different numbers of jabs, grabbing straight away, sh another aerial or just resetting the space.

Also watching the spacing on your approaches. A few were a bit iffy and got you grabbed.

Not hugely in depth, but my general impression from watching the matches.

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Strong Bad: Yes, I am from Sweden.

Salevits: I thought Neutroni had quit? :O Also you going to Tampora 2? If so see you there then :)
Yea, he quit. I went to his place to play. He won't go to any tournaments no more.

And yes, I'm coming. c u there. :)

Useful advice.
Ty. Okay, I'm aware of all that, I've tried to work especially on the wavedash OOS thing, but it seems that I only use it when I feel like I'm in control. (a.k.a playing opponent worse than me) When I feel pressured I roll in stupid situations, and also mess up the wavedash OOS.. >_> I will train it so I can do it constantly.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I noticed most of it because I do it myself, especially under pressure. Roll can work if they are doing something (e.g. rolling away from falco shield pressure), so long as it is mixed with counters to waiting for the roll (such as nairing out of shield).

buddy

Smash Cadet
when/where should i try to hit the dair to properly bounce my opponent into the air for a combo?

gm jack

Smash Lord
The percents are opponent dependent, but so long as you fast fall and L cancel, you should have time to follow up.

A standard way to land it is tech chasing on platforms. If you knock them onto a platform above you, can you can try and predict their tech (or lack thereof) to land the Dair and continue the combo. You can also use it as a mix up in a lot of situations in a moderate risk reward scenario (e.g. predict a bad shield grab, sh over the grab and dair).

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
How do you not play a telegraphed game with Sheik again?

Walt

Smash Ace
just wanna say I love comboing sheik. falcon her **** all day hex, got a savage %0-70+ combo comeback against zelgadis tonight. awwww yeah.

his falcon always ***** my sheik though, I think I throw out too many moves as defensive spacing and get grabbed and murdered. not sure where/how I can do that as sheik yet. any tips on how to do that as sheik or is that just more of a falcon habit I've picked up and shouldn't do as her?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
instead of f-tilt, use d-tilt or refrain from tilting in that moment and instead do some kind of movement bait

when you're running away from people and zoning with bairs, forgo the bair and waveland away and see if you can make them attack and give you a free grab or something

control all urges to dash attack and do them when it is correct to do so

Kira-

Smash Champion
I now have absolutely no idea how to get better and don't understand this game at all.

Not because I hit a wall or anything, but because I went from hating the game and doing terribly Friday night to playing better than I ever have on the Saturday right after. Most likely I'll be really excited to play this week and,

1. lose all my tech skill
2. play extremely slow and predictably
3. switch to falco and get *****

This happens from time to time and I have no idea why.

Also.. tournaments are fun =)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Not because I hit a wall or anything, but because I went from hating the game and doing terribly Friday night to playing better than I ever have on the Saturday right after.
No dude this is the story of my life. Friday nights are the worst for me. Especially after long weeks of homework and stuff. Then I always do fine on Saturday.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Oh yeah that makes sense.

My current theory is that it's purely mental, that eating beforehand or getting lots of sleep etc. has very little to do with it. I haven't been to a lot of tournaments recently, and I definitely had the best mindset for this one and the competition was much tougher. So this may have made me step up my game in a way that I hadn't before because I didn't feel like I needed to.

But again, it's just a theory. Maybe getting a lot of sleep did help =P Or maybe I'm just johning for my last two performances.

toph u ****, get that japanese training and come back to **** us

and vish ***** too =)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
hey guys I dont play sheik and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but

what characters do you have trouble with and why? What kinds of situations/setups make you feel uncomfortable? You don't like being in the air right? (unless you set up for a fair/uair im assuming)

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Puff in overall! >_>
Also the space animals are able to **** sheik pretty bad. They don't have to rely on the gimps like sheik.
In PAL Peach is also haaard because she can get massive damage from one setup, Sheik can't. Playing her makes me angry.

Btw can anyone give me some uncommon helpful information to beat puff... x( I try to do stuff OOS. And space bairs. And I rarely approach. But I lose to puffs that do worse than me agains anyone else I know.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I don't like Foxes and Falcon's that can punish ftilt well. I don't like Foxes that waveshine me across the stage, hit me off, then edgeguard. I don't like Foxes who can punish from upthrow correctly. I don't like people who know how to edgeguard properly.

Jigglypuff in general is bad. Getting chaingrabbed by ICs is bad (other characters I don't mind as much for various reasons), Falco's laser camping underneath side platforms are hard, Foxes that abuse bair priority are hard, people who are good at not getting grabbed are hard. Space animals that know how to CC well and who know how to get out of tech chases are hard. Peach outprioritizing all my moves with dash attack/nair/bair/jab sucks.

I think every character would prefer to be controlling the stage rather than be around or above the outskirts.

I also hate Peach's downsmash with a passion. And death turnips and bombs. It's a very dumb part of the game.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Peach is dumb. I don't think it's worth it to not camp her.
Indeed. I tried approaching her once. It ends in getting downsmashed. But then again I usually play MacD.

Actually during tournament sets I don't get upset. I play better that way and I have more important things to worry about, like the next stock and what my opponent has been doing. But during friendlies I unleash the rage. Then pick Peach myself and click all joysticks downwards as fast as possible.

Top Bottom