• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Sheik is 25th in the new tier list***

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44 <--------- It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.
Ike 5.91

Im not satisfied with this list. Some placing just doesn't make sense. Thoughts?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Sheik/Zelda should have their own placement as well. Together I believe they are slightly higher.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
well shes above Ike now at least i know Tristan thought that was wrong b4

yeah but i was disappointed w/ Yoshi's placement...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
......Sheik only moved up one spot

Last tier list

Middle
Sheik <= very bottom of middle

Low
1.Lucas
2.Ness
3.Mario
4.Pokémon Trainer
5.Samus
6.Yoshi
7.Sonic
8.Jigglypuff
9.Ganondorf
10.Link
11.Captain Falcon

Newest tier list

Sheik 6.44
1.Ike 5.91 <= ...***** please

F Tier
2.Mario 4.56
3.Lucas 4.50
4.Ness 4.50
5.Samus 4.41
6.Sonic 4.16
7.Pokémon Trainer 3.94
8.Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
9.Link 2.28
10.Jigglypuff 2.03
11.Ganondorf 1.88
12.Captain Falcon 1.63

I’m pleased we are now above ike but still I want Sheik to be out of this whole bottom of middle tier BS. I find this tier list more pleasing that we are now above Ike but I am not pleased with this position, nor do I like the set up.

…We look to be lower on the list now but in reality we are one space higher.

Over all I find this list Unacceptable, LET’ CHANGE THIS ****!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Lol Tristan's unbridled hatred of Ike. Meh, there are alot of problems with this list.

Need lowering:
Marth, Falco, Pikachu.
Need bumping:
Olimar, ZSS, Sonic, Kirby.

Im torn over Wario, on one hand, he's really good and underrated, but on the other hand the devastation of a large portion of the casts' grab releases on him aren't being exploited. Maybe they cancel each other out.

People are saying Captain Falcon needs bumping, but who above if anyone? It's easy to say a character needs bumping, but who is Captain Falcon really better then, because I see no one.

A Sheik/Zelda spot is needed desperately.

I dislike the voting system used for the list, it breeds bias. Also, I don't know SBR's membership, but Im sure there's not a representative of every character there.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
we really really need a shek/zelda spot.

Actually, what we really need is more Sheik mains going to tournaments. This is somehwat based on tournament results, and without more sheiks in tourneys, we won't move up.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheiks a better character than Zelda.........this is clear to anyone who plays them both at an equal skill level. You can also argue that Sheik is better than Fox due to her having far better matchups and not really any **** matchups.

I can see Bowser above her even though I don't agree with it and she's definitely not better than Luigi.

M@v

Subarashii!
Zelda and sheik should be counted as one character. Im willing to bet they would be at the top of D/bottom of C tier if they were.

TyQ

Smash Rookie
This suck that we are at the bottom of the middle...But hey! My other main (diddy) is near the top :D

But still, sheik should be higher up on the food chain....

Flamingo

Smash Lord
How is Wolf above Sheik?

Eitherway, Ice Climbers, DK, AND Kirby above Zelda? Megalolz.
Just because Sheik owns wolf doesn't mean he should be lower than Sheik... Example. Diddy is supposed to wreck MK... (Even if only on FD.. but this is an example) And MK still got a perfect score, and his own tier to go along with it. Wolf is a good character against other characters, does well against more of the cast than sheik does. Uhh I think Bowser should go down... and I dont know why people keep saying Sonic should go up... dang those sonic fanboys!

Ummmm Kirby is the ****... IC's have a very input-difficult infinite/0-death on all but 1 member of the cast (themselves) so they should be higher IMO... Although the timing is ridiculus. But I agree DK is not as good as other people think IMO, but there are no good DKs where I play.

ZSS and Olimar should be WAAAAAAAAY higher. I have a very good Oli player and ZSS player that I play against. OMG their games are soooo safe it's annoying.

Need lowering:
Marth, Falco, Pikachu.
Need bumping:
Olimar, ZSS, Sonic, Kirby.

A Sheik/Zelda spot is needed desperately.
Ehhhhhh I agree with all except (the sonic part like I already stated above) annd I think Pikachu should stay, maybe get lowered a little. CGs and stuff. Pika's good.

And OMGWTFBBQ Falco's 3rd?? Above a character that has easy infinites on 6 characters and CG's half the cast... WHAT??

Btw the Tiers SS,S,A,B....to like freakin H tier? this is stupid. Why not just make a tier for every character while you're at it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I pretty much agree with the whole list lol. Boys, that's what comes from playing all the characters.

~Xero~

Smash Cadet
i think that the bottom of the tier list, is balls, i think they care from "ss" to d tier like wtf. i know you maybe
can pull some bs out of nowhere, but i dont see why cf is the last. its dumb. i think that the Sbr got lazy at the end.....again

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
*Sigh...*

i think that the bottom of the tier list, is balls, i think they care from "ss" to d tier like wtf. i know you maybe
can pull some bs out of nowhere, but i dont see why cf is the last. its dumb. i think that the Sbr got lazy at the end.....again
How did they get lazy at the end when they had to rank every character? This time around I don't believe they went through and deeply discussed every character. Perhaps for characters who have advanced surprisingly over the time the metagame has advanced thus far, but more than likely nothing more. Captain Falcon is last because of his relatively low placement in tournaments, lack of priority, and overall lack of options. Despite his supposed even bigger fan base than in melee, the tier list is not a popularity contest [If that was the case Sonic would be SS Rank]. Play people who play at the higher levels of brawl, and you'll get absolutely wrecked using Falcon.

The SBR doesn't make the tier list to appease people's own perceptions and desires about brawl, it's done to show which characters are inherently and potentially better than others in the competitive scene. Besides, if you think Captain Falcon is better then just play him, help advance his metagame. The game is still young and so a lot of things can still change.

~Xero~

Smash Cadet
by lazy at the end, i meant that they didnt really get to go deeply into the lower tier characters. -.-
I guess they didnt have a choice, the tier list is basically tournament facts. and not alot of people use the low tier characters. btw you forgot the main reason for listing in the tier list : The matchups.

and btw. "the tier list is not a popularity contest" "The SBR doesn't make the tier list to appease people's own perceptions and desires about brawl,"

1. im not a ******. why would a game be based on popularity over skill?
2. you made it sound like you think we think the SBR is a place to bribe people for our mains to get higher in the tier list.

demodemo

Smash Ace
uhh what it isnt based on tournament results, or else we would only need ranking charts

and no, a ton of people use low tier characters. captain falcon and sonic are both overused for how good they are, which is why they actually have some sort of minor presence in tournaments. then you have characters like lucas who are inherently better than these two characters, but do worse because less people like to play them.

anyway, you shouldnt be too critical of the SBR. they know better than you and I, they are more dedicated than you and I. I highly doubt they would "slack off" and put less attention on low tier characters.

~Xero~

Smash Cadet
@ demodemo, i guess your right, but i guess that was just my opinion on them, and the way they work, but then again, i knew i would be wrong.

@ Silver0p, why dont you just make one?

Edit: at legion598, i kinda agree with you but the only problem is, the good sheik players, dont play tournys, (from what i know) and the matchups are OKAY
I mean theres 13 matchups in your favor where as theres 15 in their favor, and the ones in their favor, are like, some of the highest tier characters.

demodemo

Smash Ace
because tactical discussion will go bat**** over somebody making yet another tier list

which reminds me, i should make a manliness tier list

1. Captain falcon

2 - 38. everybody else

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
gannondorf is the worst character in the game falcon is a close second.

Like melee, falcon will always be at the bottom of popular tier list because he started on the bottom. No one is going to play him or take him seriously and make efforts to advance his meta game.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
gannondorf is the worst character in the game falcon is a close second.

Like melee, falcon will always be at the bottom of popular tier list because he started on the bottom. No one is going to play him or take him seriously and make efforts to advance his meta game.
If anything, I'd say him being at the bottom is what motivates people to advance his metagame. It's the character's in the 'grey area's' of the tier list that will have more trouble in this aspect.

P(_)G

Smash Rookie
i guess your right, i play falcon. but only when im winning, cuz hes fun to play with.
Eh oh el
Say that one more time.

But yeah, she REALLY shouldn't be this low. Tourney rankings, whatever, there's still no reason. Oh well. I don't really care about tiers.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so Sheik is 25th.. so what? I will still use her and try to beat everybody else. Every victory willl be better because I know she is not considered good or broken as a character. Let us continue to perfect our Sheiks and kick some high tier arses xD

Panix

Smash Ace
Just because Sheik owns wolf doesn't mean he should be lower than Sheik... Example. Diddy is supposed to wreck MK... (Even if only on FD.. but this is an example) And MK still got a perfect score, and his own tier to go along with it. Wolf is a good character against other characters, does well against more of the cast than sheik does. Uhh I think Bowser should go down... and I dont know why people keep saying Sonic should go up... dang those sonic fanboys!

Ummmm Kirby is the ****... IC's have a very input-difficult infinite/0-death on all but 1 member of the cast (themselves) so they should be higher IMO... Although the timing is ridiculus. But I agree DK is not as good as other people think IMO, but there are no good DKs where I play.

ZSS and Olimar should be WAAAAAAAAY higher. I have a very good Oli player and ZSS player that I play against. OMG their games are soooo safe it's annoying.

Ehhhhhh I agree with all except (the sonic part like I already stated above) annd I think Pikachu should stay, maybe get lowered a little. CGs and stuff. Pika's good.

And OMGWTFBBQ Falco's 3rd?? Above a character that has easy infinites on 6 characters and CG's half the cast... WHAT??

Btw the Tiers SS,S,A,B....to like freakin H tier? this is stupid. Why not just make a tier for every character while you're at it.
perfect score is a 16, metaknight got 15 =)

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
I've always enjoyed using the underdog or Underused of any game and making a spectacle to have fun and be talented with it. But Sheik is my main in Brawl since I used her in Melee, and overall her character is pretty awesome since debut in OOT.

I'll use her no matter what place she is on a tier list. I use what I like and what I want to get good with.

But lets say the tier list got shortened to S, A, C, F (Uber, over used, Border Line, Under used-yes PKMN)
I think Sheik would most definitely be a BL/C because of an amazing tech arsenal & combo output
[regardless of what other die hard Melee fans say]

Charoo

Smash Champion
u guys should move to socal haha. People here thinks sheik fox & falcon r high tier because of me. Welcome to the good life.

Top Bottom