• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Sheik is 25th in the new tier list***

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
he even trolled over on AllisBrawl forums, I don't understand why he even uses Sheik either. Even started that one thread saying "Does Sheik really need Ftilt-lock?" e.g. "it's cheap and..." what not.

Just ignore that chode, but in all honesty Jalued you should rep another character if you're not going to put the effort in realizing that Sheik is one of the most underrated characters in all of Brawl and one of the few with true combos. Not to mention that excluding Ice climbers and MK, Sheik can do amazing against the others. Toon Link and Olimar get gimped easily enough, Marth...alright it's a tough match but doable and ROB and Wario I think are both up to skill but in Sheik's favor.

as for you loosing to Fox....kek.... Perhaps you shouldn't be judging Sheik so much as looking at your own play style and skill. Character John much?

edit: Loosing to a skilled fox or in general is fine, but he made it sound like Fox ***** Sheik =P

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
**BEWARE OF GENERALIZATION*

Fox is a horrible character. Honestly, if you can't beat him with Sheik you're doing something wrong.

Chains and needles stop both his recoveries.
HELLOOO, f tilt lock
He chainlocks quite well, and has NO way around chainguards.
A simple aerial (your choice) will prevent recoveries if you racked enough damage.
His lasers are practically worthless.
His one decent move is his running U-smash, which can be blocked and punished anyway.

He's obviously not as crap as Ganon, but he definitely doesn't have the upper hand.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you guys take fox too lightly...

his grab range is actually redicuous, usmash OoS, lasers help rack damage, and staying out of ftilt range and still dealing damage is not an impossible task for him. shine stalls make him tricky to read in the air which is a huge plus anywhere on screen.
Obviously we have a huge advantage in the match up, but taking fox lightly can easily cost you a match. A competent fox who understands the match up better than you is dangerous because of how well he build up damage, how low he kills, and how deceptive fox is by nature.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only matchups against exceedingly bad characters should be taken lightly, and no competent player should go into a matchup playing stupidly based entirely on, well, the character matchup. I really hope you wouldn't.

That said, a bad matchup is a bad matchup, no matter how "lightly" you might think others are taking it.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
you guys take fox too lightly...

his grab range is actually redicuous, usmash OoS, lasers help rack damage, and staying out of ftilt range and still dealing damage is not an impossible task for him. shine stalls make him tricky to read in the air which is a huge plus anywhere on screen.
Obviously we have a huge advantage in the match up, but taking fox lightly can easily cost you a match. A competent fox who understands the match up better than you is dangerous because of how well he build up damage, how low he kills, and how deceptive fox is by nature.
110% true...If his Dair hits, it combos into utilt, Shine, Dsmash, etc, etc.. Fox's utilt is a wh*re. Umm lazers mean less needlez for us... Usmash kills us at ~75? (Stage dependant)

I'm sorry if you face a Fox that lets you Ftilt him into oblivion and then doesn't DI so you get a Usmash that kills, but I play good Fox players and it is challenging, although I admit the matchup remains in our favor. I would say 60-40 from my past experiences. We can string combos on him, he has some on us.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, "if his Dair hits." It's not like Fox can just spam dair until it hits you, especially since it's very much shieldgrabbable.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
lol, "if his Dair hits." It's not like Fox can just spam dair until it hits you, especially since it's very much shieldgrabbable.
It kinda autocancels, so you gotta wait until he uses his 1st utilt out of it right? Btw, you can just utilt and trade hits with his Dair, we do more damage and knockback, so it's worth it damage-wise and is likewise unpunishable.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, if it's done with autocancel timing then it can be shieldgrabbed out of the air just like Yoshi's bair, and if done without the autocancel timing then it can be shieldgrabbed normally.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
110% true...If his Dair hits, it combos into utilt, Shine, Dsmash, etc, etc.. Fox's utilt is a wh*re. Umm lazers mean less needlez for us... Usmash kills us at ~75? (Stage dependant)

I'm sorry if you face a Fox that lets you Ftilt him into oblivion and then doesn't DI so you get a Usmash that kills, but I play good Fox players and it is challenging, although I admit the matchup remains in our favor. I would say 60-40 from my past experiences. We can string combos on him, he has some on us.
I used to play Fox and know a lot about him........and believe me Sheik has at least a 7-3 on him.

Talk to any respected Fox player and they will tell you that dair is one of his more overrated moves.......it really should only be used for punishment as it has lol priority and is easily grabbed.

Doesn't matter if the Fox is good or not......if he DI's correctly and starts to go behind me than I will just turn around and continue ftilting. If you ever land an ftilt on Fox and you have a quarter of a brain you should be taking his stock.

I'm not one of these people that think Fox is bad either......but he has a couple matchups that are really bad for him.

Top Bottom